Home The Bridge
Options

Free Butter for Some & Not All?

Comments

• Options
    [quote=

I did say "minimum band-aid"; I didnt say "perfect solution".

The perfect solution - and the only really fair solution - is to give everyone the same thing in total.

If you got no butter...then you get 2 Free Kirks.
    If you got 1 stick of Butter.....then you get 1 Free Kirk.
    If you got 2 sticks of butter....No Free Kirks.

Now, will DB invest the labor to do this, who knows?

After 5 days, and all the previous mistakes it really seem this is the only fair solution. Or take back all the free kirks. If u can track them. Unfortunately yes mistakes are made but this card in particular that ppl paid more in di than usual due to skillset or paid $$$ for or both should be compensated with 2/5 to help complete their kirk if they got NONE.

The problem with doing this is that people will have spent credits, chrons, dilithium and citations to level and equip the kirk. DB would then have thousands of tickets due to taking him back
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    [quote=

The perfect solution - and the only really fair solution - is to give everyone the same thing in total.

After 5 days, and all the previous mistakes it really seem this is the only fair solution. Or take back all the free kirks. If u can track them. Unfortunately yes mistakes are made but this card in particular that ppl paid more in di than usual due to skillset or paid $$$ for or both should be compensated with 2/5 to help complete their kirk if they got NONE.

The problem with doing this is that people will have spent credits, chrons, dilithium and citations to level and equip the kirk. DB would then have thousands of tickets due to taking him back

That's exactly what I thought when I read it. Maybe next time, DB will start small with a test. Say... 25 Krayton schematics? If it doesn't work, the outrage factor is like 2, tops. If it works, then send out some Parkay Kirk's.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    [quote=

That's exactly what I thought when I read it. Maybe next time, DB will start small with a test. Say... 25 Krayton schematics? If it doesn't work, the outrage factor is like 2, tops. If it works, then send out some Parkay Kirk's.

That's what I hope does not get lost in this. The initial idea, re-engaging players away from the game, was a good one on DB's part, I think. Clearly the execution did not work the way they intended, but I hope this does not cause them to abandon the idea outright.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    theres Gotta be a butterface joke somewhere, I just have to find it
  • Options
    [10F] gobolts07 [10F] gobolts07 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    gobolts07 wrote: »
    I came to this thread because I didn’t get a Kirk and stayed for the butter puns.

The butter thread: the thread we never knew we needed. We’ve really been on a roll with this one.

We can really churn them out if we need to.

It seemed like DB was getting burned at first, but now I'd say they've been sauteed to a golden brown.

Now that we’ve buttered them up, they should be receptive to a fair solution for all.

Edit: misspelled all.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting close to opening time for DB. They butter churn out a solution quickly.

That was a nice one! Smooth it over DB. Spread it on thick.

• Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭

Isn't DB based in Boston? They don't start their work day until 11:00 a.m.?
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It wasn't until I started leveling him that I realized that it is an improvised cannon that he is loading: I can't believe its not butter!

Hate to be the fly in the buttermilk but I did use that one above

• Options
    edited July 2019

They always seem to begin their day later, like they're on California time.

Regardless, they better clarify what happened right away. (Went a little more obscure with that one )
  • Options
    It wasn't until I started leveling him that I realized that it is an improvised cannon that he is loading: I can't believe its not butter!

That sounds like an unsavory realization. I hope it didn't leave a bad taste in your mouth.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭

Regardless, they better clarify what happened right away. (Went a little more obscure with that one )

You went with the same joke I did. It is a good one, but probably too subtle for most people.
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they should just butter everyone up with a free Kirk, otherwise CS will surely get saturated with requests.
    DB: Do Better
  • Options

You went with the same joke I did. It is a good one, but probably too subtle for most people.

Yeah I realized it after I posted. I was skimming instead of reading. Still a good one from both of us!
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

ugh, sorry, missed it
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

ugh, sorry, missed it

That’s alright, you were too busy winning! That takes precedence over everything

• Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, here we are going into day 5 with no word (aside from brief announcements that it's being looked into). Seems less like Golden State time and more like Government time. Hopefully, we will hear something soon.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    All these puns make me feel greasy.
  • Options
    So, here we are going into day 5 with no word (aside from brief announcements that it's being looked into). Seems less like Golden State time and more like Government time. Hopefully, we will hear something soon.

At least the announcements brought things down to a simmer.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are probably going to treat it like the AND bug. String people along, claim to be looking at it, never provide a final answer, and hope people forget about it.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    AviTrek wrote: »
    They are probably going to treat it like the AND bug. String people along, claim to be looking at it, never provide a final answer, and hope people forget about it.
    Which actually works to be honest... until the next oopsie happens and they dig out the old stuff again.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Which actually works to be honest... until the next oopsie happens and they dig out the old stuff again.

Works for some but not others.