Home The Bridge
Options

Free Butter for Some & Not All?

Comments

• Options
    HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    So if they delay the response long enough, will everyone just forget and move on?

Have you met this player base?

We do not forget. We light pitchforks and sharpen torches!!!!!!

Maybe instead of pitchforks and torches we will make a lot of butter
    bl4557sslf95.jpg
    mpcn8r8n2dgc.jpg
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Options
    so,some people (like guest_672052937150466) recieved a message from CS and other people don´t.
    (again messages disappear? XD )
    or is it default if work is still in progress that not everyone gets an small "update" from CS?
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    So if they delay the response long enough, will everyone just forget and move on?

No one here really forgets. It’ll just be pressed in the butter sack and churned out later for dipping at the next party.

“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    KPan [ISA]KPan [ISA] ✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps they are working on a way to remove Kirk from those who should not have received him. Along with this, a way to reinstate the chrons and items used to level him up.
    This after all, would be the perfectly fair way of handling it.
    Only those inactive players who were originally supposed to recieve him would, the card would maintain value for DB and those who bought him and finally everyone else would go back to hoping to get lucky and grab him in a behold one day.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps they are working on a way to remove Kirk from those who should not have received him. Along with this, a way to reinstate the chrons and items used to level him up.
    Only those inactive players who were originally supposed to recieve him would, the card would maintain value for DB and those who bought him and finally everyone else would go back to hoping to get lucky and grab him in a behold one day.

That isn't a bad plan, but this is not like the obviously bugged pulls that gave people thousands of dilithium. This is something that many players took without realizing it was not for them (for that matter, who knows what the criteria is for a less active player?) And began to level. That would irritate me if it were the case. The other problem is how much to reimburse players who leveled him since the items cannot be given back as while items since it would have been the components that were used or useful and for that matter, how many parts did people already have and how many chronitons did they use or how many replications with the resources and credits.

The people who accidentally (and again, how do we distinguish them from who was intended?) Recieved Kirk and leveled him are not doing anything wrong. Many of them probably don't have a clue about this issue as only a few of us are on the forums.

It is far more complicated than your logical fix would imply.
  • Options

That isn't a bad plan, but this is not like the obviously bugged pulls that gave people thousands of dilithium. This is something that many players took without realizing it was not for them (for that matter, who knows what the criteria is for a less active player?) And began to level. That would irritate me if it were the case. The other problem is how much to reimburse players who leveled him since the items cannot be given back as while items since it would have been the components that were used or useful and for that matter, how many parts did people already have and how many chronitons did they use or how many replications with the resources and credits.

The people who accidentally (and again, how do we distinguish them from who was intended?) Recieved Kirk and leveled him are not doing anything wrong. Many of them probably don't have a clue about this issue as only a few of us are on the forums.

It is far more complicated than your logical fix would imply.

Oh I 100% agree with you.
    Honestly I wasn't being entirely genuine.
    I want Kirk. Lol. As you have illustrated, to undo the mistake is not really an option. To do nothing requires only a short apology post, so this makes me think they are all sitting around a long briefing room table like the crew of the Enterprise, spitting out techno babble trying figure out how to give everyone Kirk.
    At least they butter be...
  • Options
    so,some people (like guest_672052937150466) recieved a message from CS and other people don´t.
    or is it default if work is still in progress that not everyone gets an small "update" from CS?

So I sent that help ticket probably within the first 30 minutes that this issue became known. Not sure if that is why I recieved a reply already.
  • Options

No one here really forgets. It’ll just be pressed in the butter sack and churned out later for dipping at the next party.

I think everyone just needs to cool down so DB can firm up a resolution to this.

Getting all hot under the collar about it won’t soften their stance.

I’m confident they are going to make everything butter in the end
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got an email from CS asking for patience but nothing ingame.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    PenguinJim wrote: »
    Time to update our avatars in solidarity?

I have already updated my in-game name to #DBDoButter Matt Decker.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    I found out where Kirk is hiding.
    dpipmyh45oeh.jpg
  • Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do folks keep their butter in the fridge (hard to spread) or (provided it's not the middle of summer) just keep it in a cupboard? Asking for a friend.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Do folks keep their butter in the fridge (hard to spread) or (provided it's not the middle of summer) just keep it in a cupboard? Asking for a friend.

Got to be kept in a butter dish! Your "friend" must be an uncivilised heathen!

On another (related) note. They must be suffering a severe temporal anomaly over at DB HQ. Shan's tomorrow has turned into several tomorrows
  • Options

When I was young, my mom kept it in the cupboard. My wife mixes some butter with a little bit of oil to make a spreadable butter and then keeps in the fridge.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

We have a butter dish on the counter next to the fridge.
  • Options
    Salted butter can be kept out of the fridge in an opaque, sealed container for over a month as long as the temperature is below 20C. Unsalted should be kept in the fridge. If you want to spread butter straight from the fridge, grate it.
  • Options
    I got me some butter!
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update, Shan! Sorry you had to read so many butter puns...we’ll try to keep them on ice for 6-12 months for best quality, unless required sooner. :)
  • Options
    @Shan butterly bloody brilliant
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, can’t get much butter than that.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @Shan ! It's great to feel listened to, and the reward for that this time is definitely a great one.
  • Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm confused about this.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm confused about this.

That it took so long just to come up with this? Yeah me too