Home The Bridge
Options

Free Butter for Some & Not All?

Comments

• Options
    Shan wrote: »
    Thanks for your patience and all the buttered buns puns :)

Here is the update:

On Friday, we sent one copy of Survivalist Kirk to a segment of inactive players as an incentive for them to return to Star Trek Timelines. That crew was also inadvertently sent to a small number of players who are in fact currently active in the game. While we investigate the processes that led to this error, we will not run any more campaigns of this type.

We regret this incident and as a gesture of good faith we have sent out 1x Survivalist Kirk to the active players who had not received one on Friday.

first: Thanks for the Kirk!

second: i hope there are some good bug-hunters avaliable so u can send some goodies to the "not so active" players in the future like it was intended on friday
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    I'm confused about this.

That it took so long just to come up with this? Yeah me too

If I had to guess the time spent was in determining who already got Kirks and to make sure they did not get extra. But that is purely speculation on my part.

As I answered earlier in this thread, I would be cool with it if that were so

• Options
    Shan- Thanks for stepping up to bat for our butter. I know I feel well creamed over with joy.
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    #DBDoneBetter
    #Buttered
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do folks keep their butter in the fridge (hard to spread) or (provided it's not the middle of summer) just keep it in a cupboard? Asking for a friend.

We use a French butter-crock. We are high society! lol

“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    Riley600Riley600 ✭✭✭
    @Shan Thanks! Looks like the mob can put down their pitchforks and torches now :D
  • Options
    GhaziGhazi ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Anyone know if people who got it before got an extra?

Never mind. Reading is s good thing. I am kind of amazed DB fixed a problem...you guys are growing up so fast. /tear
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    I'm confused about this.

Butter late than never... but had the same thought.

“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm confused about this.

There is that.

But I cant quite make sense of what the message implies. Some got one because they were inactive, others got one for being active. It's not possible to be active and inactive, yet some got 2. Are we greasing (ha) over that? Do some now have 3 copies and some only 1? Not angry, just confused.
  • Options
    @Shan I think this one has been worked out now...
    Account on it's final tour, soon to be retired!
  • Options
    Captain LostCaptain Lost ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the Butter Kirk! I think he will fit right in with my crew.
    ifJFsk3.png
  • Options
    MirrorMartiganMirrorMartigan ✭✭✭✭
    I still don't have Admiral Kirk.
  • Options
    [10F] gobolts07 [10F] gobolts07 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @shan for buttering up the powers that be and getting this resolved!
  • Options
    calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I still have no butter. My bread is awfully dry...

Edit: I got mine. Thanks!!
  • Options
    DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    I'm confused about this.

I'm not confused, they were trying to figure out a way not to give him out lol, and realized with the massive response they had no choice ;p
  • Options
    I got my butter! Thanks db.
  • Options
    TADIRTADIR ✭✭
    It'd be interesting to know if the actives that got the kirk by mistake are the same as were affected by age of sail-gate. Never seem to be on right side of the bugs :D thanks DB for the copy
  • Options
    MirrorMartiganMirrorMartigan ✭✭✭✭
    I got my butter in the mail. Also just got my double Quinn. Oh lucky day.
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad they didn't let it slip away. I think everyone was starting to get toasty.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad they didn't let it slip away. I think everyone was starting to get toasty.

Because they gave them out like hotcakes

• Options
    ag3ek67kyh9f.jpg
    Butter Kirk? No, this is Butter Kirk.

Tell us you carved that today just for this thread! lol

• Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the gesture of good faith, DB.

Hey, since my Survivalist Kirk is already immortalized, can I exchange the one in my mailbox for a copy of Polywater Yar or Emperor Philippa Georgiou? They both still need more stars.

K thx bye. 🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two things:

1 Thanks to @eXo | SilverRose for bringing this up in the first place, and to everyone who spoke up about either also getting one or also not getting one.

2 How exactly are inactive players to ever even know they were sent Survivalist Kirk?

I wondered that myself.

• Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was also a timer on that initial Kirk. My guess is they were targeting players who logged in once a week or so in the Hope's that those players would become daily players. It would do no good to anyone who checked in once a month.
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 How exactly are inactive players to ever even know they were sent Survivalist Kirk?

Maybe by email? Other games that do things similar to this will send out a come back email to registered players.
  • Options
    DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    I log in daily, so still not sure why I got one initially;) hehe