Home The Bridge

Free Butter for Some & Not All?

Comments

• DB once took Assimilated Spock from me, they surely won't try and take another crew o.0 wait I didn't get a Surv Kirk in the mail, I demand Retribution, give us Assimilated Spock AND Surv Kirk! lol Shan will prob put the *Gandozer shall not win another gauntlet crew for 10,000 rounds line back into the Gauntlet program for this #AssimilatedSpockLivesMatterToo zrzgaeao5lch.png
  • KPan [ISA]KPan [ISA] ✭✭✭✭
    I guess its a lot of work to draft the "no kirk for you" official statement.
  • DB once took Assimilated Spock from me, they surely won't try and take another crewzrzgaeao5lch.png
    Opening an old wound?x7tcdw5sduf2.gif

• Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    DB once took Assimilated Spock from me, they surely won't try and take another crew o.0 wait I didn't get a Surv Kirk in the mail, I demand Retribution, give us Assimilated Spock AND Surv Kirk! lol Shan will prob put the *Gandozer shall not win another gauntlet crew for 10,000 rounds line back into the Gauntlet program for this #AssimilatedSpockLivesMatterToo zrzgaeao5lch.png

I remember that! Did anyone ever try to draw in the crew inside the silhouette? H
    (Hopefully in a more tasteful way than Veinway)
  • What a crazy debacle. Assimilated Spock would surely have had amazing artwork. Too bad it couldn’t happen.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly how long does it take to sit down and say this happened, what should we do? Ok let’s do that
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Honestly how long does it take to sit down and say this happened, what should we do? Ok let’s do that

It really is complicated. They are going to anger somebody. They tried a nice gesture that failed. Some of us got him when we shouldn't have. Some of us didn't get him when we think we should have. The can't take him away from people who started leveling him. And if they give an extra copy some people still get two. I'm glad I'm not them.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have this perverse hope that they are testing the solution before they implement it. Should I check into an institution?

I would accept that answer. Not really hanging on the edge of my seat here. It’s just getting to be like that story that person tells that never stops and your like OMG get it over with!!

• Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019

I have this perverse hope that they are testing the solution before they implement it. Should I check into an institution?

I hope you're right. If I were DB management, I'd want to figure out three things:

1. What's the universe of players who got one Kirk? who got two Kirks? How many players are we really talking about?
    2. Do we have the capability of sending different compensation to different folks based on whether they received zero, one, or two Kirks?
    3. If so, what's the right thing to do for each of those three groups of players? If not, what's a generic compensation I can provide that should calm the waters?

And then I'd want to test it.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

I would accept that answer. Not really hanging on the edge of my seat here. It’s just getting to be like that story that person tells that never stops and your like OMG get it over with!!

I'm super guilty of telling jokes like that. It was very useful in the military. We spent a bunch of time waiting in lines. When you're bored, with nothing to do, and you can't go anywhere, you have a captive audience. Well, long jokes pass the time more quickly. There's only so many times that you can zing each other with one-liners. Then you're just staring at each other. But if you can get a good, slow build... Oh... Never mind. I'm at the front of the line now.
    Farewell 🖖
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019

Reminds me of a DB decision making flow chart I saw once in a Line chat... Hilarious, and probably violates the Terms of Service.

Agreed though, I wish a decision would be made.

“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...

It really is complicated. They are going to anger somebody. They tried a nice gesture that failed. Some of us got him when we shouldn't have. Some of us didn't get him when we think we should have. The can't take him away from people who started leveling him. And if they give an extra copy some people still get two. I'm glad I'm not them.

There are one or two ways they could fix it fairly.

My preferred approach would be:
    - Everyone who got 1 free gets another.
    - Everyone who got 2 free gets no more.
    - Everyone who got 0 get 2.

Then its just a case of smoothing things over/goodwill:
    - Everyone gets another 1 for free.

Overall everyone gets 3.

My opinion as always.

If you mail out everyone one copy of Survivalist Kirk (SK) then this would be unfair to those who have already received 1 or 2. Same if you mail out 2 to everyone. Now everyone will have 2 for free, others will have 3 for free and still others will have 4 for free. So a couple possible solutions to (hopefully) appease most.

1) If you are able to track who got one and who got 2 copies of SK then just mail out everyone who got 1 another one, none to those who already got 2, and everyone else 2.

2) Give a everyone 5 copies of SK. This will allow everyone to Immortalize their copies and those who received more will just get honor (550 or 1100) that doesn't really amount to that much.

These may be unrealistic solutions but would, IMHO, be the best solution to appease most. I really hope it not chromitons or some lame solution like that.

With that said though what do you think would be an amicable solution? If you don't have a solution and just want to troll about how it's just a game and just be happy with what you have please do not waste your breath.
  • Gandozer {SoS}Gandozer {SoS} ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Ok @Shan here's my suggestion if you don't know who what how many of the Surv Kirk, then its a no brainer, because we <DB> made an error that by trying to remedy might anger others <giving everyone 1 free kirk there by giving some 3> , give everyone 5 Surv Kirks there by everyone will have a 5/5 card, true some may have a 2nd 2/5 kirk they can airlock but life's not fair but this way at least everyone gets the benefit of a 5/5 gold ;) Incidentally Kirkish1 mentioned this in the post right above

• MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or maybe we will all get one for free and he will be the next Campaign reward?! Strict VIP0 players would still suffer but I suppose they are not so much of DB's concern.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
    Kirkish1 wrote: »

Overall everyone gets 3.

My opinion as always.

If you mail out everyone one copy of Survivalist Kirk (SK) then this would be unfair to those who have already received 1 or 2. Same if you mail out 2 to everyone. Now everyone will have 2 for free, others will have 3 for free and still others will have 4 for free. So a couple possible solutions to (hopefully) appease most.

2) Give a everyone 5 copies of SK. This will allow everyone to Immortalize their copies and those who received more will just get honor (550 or 1100) that doesn't really amount to that much.

These may be unrealistic solutions but would, IMHO, be the best solution to appease most. I really hope it not chromitons or some lame solution like that.

With that said though what do you think would be an amicable solution? If you don't have a solution and just want to troll about how it's just a game and just be happy with what you have please do not waste your breath.

#2 doesnt work for me. I spent £10 getting a single copy, I'm sure plenty of others did too. 550 or 1100 honor doesnt offset £10 investment.

I dont understand why the programming team are 'busy', though I do appreciate it might need a few hours (maybe half a day?) to pay one to implement #1.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019

Overall everyone gets 3.

My opinion as always.

#2 doesnt work for me. I spent £10 getting a single copy, I'm sure plenty of others did too. 550 or 1100 honor doesnt offset £10 investment.

I dont understand why the programming team are 'busy', though I do appreciate it might need a few hours (maybe half a day?) to pay one to implement #1.

Given the problems with the new version (7.2.0) updates for Facebook and Windows 10, the programming team might be “busy” working on those issues and/or the as-yet unavailable updates for iOS and Android. 🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • edited July 2019
    Given the problems with the new version (7.2.0) updates for Facebook and Windows 10, the programming team might be “busy” working on those issues and/or the as-yet unavailable updates for iOS and Android. 🖖🏻

Yeah, 7.2.0 is a train-wreak. For giggles, fire it up and try viewing Admiral Ross. That's not butter... That's...Parkay!

• Given the problems with the new version (7.2.0) updates for Facebook and Windows 10, the programming team might be “busy” working on those issues and/or the as-yet unavailable updates for iOS and Android. 🖖🏻

Yeah, 7.2.0 is a train-wreak. For giggles, fire 7.2.0 up and try viewing Admiral Ross. That's not butter... That's...Parkay!

They’re busy weaving a big rug to sweep this under
  • edited July 2019
    Shan wrote: »
    Still looking into this, I should have an update tomorrow.
    As of this writing, it is July 23 4:24 ET. This was Shan's responds yesterday.
    Almost end of the work day in DB Land.
    I hear nothing but crickets, and even Sgt. Schultz is rapping his famous line.
    Where's the news Shan? Been waiting all day for word about this.

Overall everyone gets 3.

My opinion as always.

Good point, I'd totally forgotten 7.2.0!
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    We are running into technical difficulties and this impacts many things.
    I will update this thread when I can.
    Are you saying that the solution you are aiming for is causing technical difficulties and they impact many things or that Kirk's spread itself impacts many things?
    Or do you mean that there are other technical difficulties independent from this topic and they impact many things making it impossible to spend time on this one currently?

Sorry, I am not a native speaker as you might have noticed already, and I am confused.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • I tell you what I will take a Caretaker instead of Kirk. True I believe everyone should get one, but I want the Caretaker. A card is a card afterall.....right???