Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Friends Like These - 10/17 - ME#3

Comments

• Options
    The only ship I have is the Shenzhou and it's only level 1, so we're gonna have some fun next week ✌️ :#
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only ship I have is the Shenzhou and it's only level 1, so we're gonna have some fun next week ✌️ :#

Trust me, just use the most maxed out ship you have, even if its the D'Kora Krayton or the Prakesh.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Trust me, just use the most maxed out ship you have, even if its the D'Kora Krayton or the Prakesh.

Yeah. Use your favorite ship. Put Tenevik on there. Set it and forget it

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

Actually I tend to use a maxed out IKS T’Ong because it has the most hull hit points of any of my ships. Best way to win a skirmish is to have a strong hull and throw some people on there who can repair it. Determined Janeway and Bell Riots Bashir for me. Along with Tenavik of course.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually I tend to use a maxed out IKS T’Ong because it has the most hull hit points of any of my ships. Best way to win a skirmish is to have a strong hull and throw some people on there who can repair it. Determined Janeway and Bell Riots Bashir for me. Along with Tenavik of course.

Us know I’ve been trying to find crew that can repair. I have both of them. I’ll try one. Thank you!

• Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭

Us know I’ve been trying to find crew that can repair. I have both of them. I’ll try one. Thank you!

There are a couple of links in the following thread that might help in finding crew with Hull Repair. 🖖

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/14321/resource-for-crew-ship-abilities
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

There are a couple of links in the following thread that might help in finding crew with Hull Repair. 🖖

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/14321/resource-for-crew-ship-abilities

Thank you my friend! I’m lousy at arena. I need the help

• Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, did I miss something? When did this event get renamed from "When Words Fail" to "Friends Like These"? Granted, this is of no particular consequence, but for a moment I thought I had a lost a few synapses.

From the original mega announcement:
    Faction Event "Crime of Last Century" - 10/03
    Hybrid Faction/Galaxy Event "One Step Behind" - 10/10
    Skirmish Event "When Words Fail" - 10/17
    Faction Event "Everywhere At Once" - 10/24
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭

The T'Ong doesn't need crew to repair ... I've never done so myself ... you just blast the opponent to smithereens before then can even dent your shield ...

Ardra, Killy(1/5), T'Kuvma (4/5) and event crew work wonders each skirmish. I've had this set-up from an 8/10 T'Ong up (now at 10/10). Repair crew are overrated.
  • Options
    T'Ong, with Killy, Will Scarlet, Scientist Degra and Event crew.
  • Options
    mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    Going against uncrewed skirmish ships, you don't really need to repair. If you have Krayton, you are essentially unbeatable (just look at the Admiral division for proof of this...)

2 crew with 350%+ instant damage (Killy, T'kuvma, Leland, Saboteur Garak, First Officer Burnham etc.), Ardra/Undercover O'Brien (for crit) and the event crew (Tenavik looks like the easy choice here)

Additionally, one of Krayton's abilities is to repair hulls by 15%
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    mejoyh wrote: »
    Going against uncrewed skirmish ships, you don't really need to repair. If you have Krayton, you are essentially unbeatable (just look at the Admiral division for proof of this...)

2 crew with 350%+ instant damage (Killy, T'kuvma, Leland, Saboteur Garak, First Officer Burnham etc.), Ardra/Undercover O'Brien (for crit) and the event crew (Tenavik looks like the easy choice here)

Additionally, one of Krayton's abilities is to repair hulls by 15%

I use Klingon Janeway, Killy, T'kuvma and the event crew person on the ISS Enterprise. Lots of successful strategies. The main thing is just clicking forever doing ship battles.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options

Hull repair? Don't need that in a skirmish, the enemy never gets to fire enough that my shields are down. I need more speed so I use the Krayton. After a 400% damage shot from Killy the enemy is usually destroyed, I rarely need to fire the Krayton instant damage beam or T'Kuvma after that.
  • Options

Hull repair? Don't need that in a skirmish, the enemy never gets to fire enough that my shields are down. I need more speed so I use the Krayton. After a 400% damage shot from Killy the enemy is usually destroyed, I rarely need to fire the Krayton instant damage beam or T'Kuvma after that.

Congrats. The Reliant and that Vulcan ship seem to get some damage in. Of course I'm doing this as I fart around on Youtube, so sometimes I'm not as quick on the draw as I'd like to be. Which is why it's nice to know I've got insurance.
  • Options
    High attack has two benefits. You dont let the enemy take any hull AND you can get more skirmishes in less time.

I prefer not to use the krayton because it gets boring, but when I do each battle is usually 8 seconds or less.
  • Options
    Lots of different ways to win skirmishes. Sometimes you do need hull repair it depends on if u take any hits or get called away for a few seconds because of real life. Never hurts to be ready for anything.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of different ways to win skirmishes. Sometimes you do need hull repair it depends on if u take any hits or get called away for a few seconds because of real life. Never hurts to be ready for anything.

Or if they add Boarding Party to every Enemy Ship in the Event.......
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree. The Krayton has hull repair which is usually enough. I go Locutus, two Killys, and whoever max bonus crew is. The built in hull repair is usually enough for any scratches I may get on my hull

• Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019

This is why I like the T'Ong. I always use its 15% hull repair towards the end of every battle, leaving me with an undamaged ship for most battles.

I tend to run with the following crew, and have never had an issue during skirmishes:
    - President of Earth (4/4): attack +9, +10k critical bonus
    - Killy (2/5): 400% damage
    - Resilient Tuvok (3/5): accuracy +6, +20% speed
    - event crew to max bonus

The trio gets activated as the cloak wears off at the 12-second mark, and most battles are over within the next 6 seconds. If/when I FF Killy, I'm sure I could swap out PoE for a character with high evasion and equal/better critical bonus.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »

This is why I like the T'Ong. I always use its 15% hull repair towards the end of every battle, leaving me with an undamaged ship for most battles.

I tend to run with the following crew, and have never had an issue during skirmishes:
    - President of Earth (4/4): attack +9, +10k critical bonus
    - Killy (2/5): 400% damage
    - Resilient Tuvok (3/5): accuracy +6, +20% speed
    - event crew to max bonus

The trio gets activated as the cloak wears off at the 12-second mark, and most battles are over within the next 6 seconds. If/when I FF Killy, I'm sure I could swap out PoE for a character with high evasion and equal/better critical bonus.

I recommend trying a new tactic. If you don't like it, then go back. Try the Krayton. Use the cooldown reduction, then Tenavik (for accuracy), then Killy, then S31 Georgiou and/or whoever you have for some big damage. Your battles will be won before the 12 second mark. That's an ironclad promise from Prime Lorca. :) (Finish Killy for even faster results.)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    For me it is not about maximizing time but limiting the number of clicks I have to do. That is why I like ISS Enterprise and Killy, Klingon Janeway, Tkuvma and the event crew. I can usually just do klingon janeway and killy to win 60% of the time, other 40% I add T'kuvma. So two to three clicks per battle. Using the Krayton and its boost would add another click.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    I had to quit using T'Kuvma because my battles never reach 10 seconds anymore. I have been solid with Shenzhou or Discovery last few skirmishes.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had to quit using T'Kuvma because my battles never reach 10 seconds anymore. I have been solid with Shenzhou or Discovery last few skirmishes.

Same here. I was looking for hull repair crew but alot of them are 12 second initialization. Every once in a while a random skirmish lasts that long but very rarely

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    3d0zmm6xptcs.jpg

Another cool Burnham! I’m digging the crew for this week!!
  • Options
    Wonder if we will ever see a „great artwork“ Burnham. Once again her hair is very slobby and not much detailed. The rest looks OK.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is Mudd holding a violin case or a truncheon? Hm....
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Burnhams face looks a bit...off
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    3d0zmm6xptcs.jpg

A lot of similarities between Burnham's and Chekov's outfits which is good I guess cause it shows continuity in construction.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Burnhams face looks a bit...off

She just cried, she always does at one point in the episode.
This discussion has been closed.