Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Guiding Principles (rerun) - 11/28 - Updated 11/25

Comments

• Options
    TBD on the new card and TBD on the December Campaign apparently. I hope all is ok over at DB
  • Options
    I'd guess it's just the holiday season impacting things. Although I couldn't guess whether they're intentionally concentrating announcements before a major holiday weekend in the US, or are just super busy due to the impending season. Maybe both.

I have to imagine for STT a major Thursday holiday is a weensy bit disruptive, even if it can be planned for in advance. Someone still has to hit the buttons, and someone has keep an eye on any problems. And CMs deserve holidays as much as everyone else.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hasedoki wrote: »
    I'd guess it's just the holiday season impacting things. Although I couldn't guess whether they're intentionally concentrating announcements before a major holiday weekend in the US, or are just super busy due to the impending season. Maybe both.

Plus thirdly the new Archer game they will release soon also eats up resources of the team...

• Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I would also like to see:
    Transporter Buffer Dax
    Telepathic Basketcase Deanna
    Traitor Biologist Degra
    Transported Barclay's Delusion
    Temporal Beheaded Data

Ok, some of those may not be entirely accurate, but I had fun making them up and wanted to share. :)

The Borg Danceteam
    Tickle Boss Dukat
    Totally Bald Doctor
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »
    I would also like to see:
    Transporter Buffer Dax
    Telepathic Basketcase Deanna
    Traitor Biologist Degra
    Transported Barclay's Delusion
    Temporal Beheaded Data

Ok, some of those may not be entirely accurate, but I had fun making them up and wanted to share. :)

The Borg Danceteam
    Tickle Boss Dukat
    Totally Bald Doctor

Tickle Boss Dukat could’ve tickled Kai Winn if he just played the part a little longer

• Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    What if it's a behold containing gold non-portal crew?
  • Options
    Who knows, maybe we can decide who will be the TBD.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Shan
    Do you think we'll have an update on next week's crew before the end of this event?

I only ask as I'm hanging back in the late 2000 ranks and am trying to decide if I should push to get a copy of Locarno (an otherwise uninspiring gold given his screen potential for some kickass arena ability). But if next week's tbd ends up being decent, 4 Lights Picard for example, it would be good to know whilst we still have a chance in this event to get an advantage in the next.

By and large you are great at providing event info in a timely manner, but this is the chicken and egg problem that many feared would happen if event details were not provided in advance.

Cheers,

BB

If there was no update by Friday evening, there will be no update before the end of the event.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Shan
    Do you think we'll have an update on next week's crew before the end of this event?

I only ask as I'm hanging back in the late 2000 ranks and am trying to decide if I should push to get a copy of Locarno (an otherwise uninspiring gold given his screen potential for some kickass arena ability). But if next week's tbd ends up being decent, 4 Lights Picard for example, it would be good to know whilst we still have a chance in this event to get an advantage in the next.

By and large you are great at providing event info in a timely manner, but this is the chicken and egg problem that many feared would happen if event details were not provided in advance.

Cheers,

BB

Although I agree with your point about how to strategize for the next event, keep in mind that it is a hybrid, not a pure faction. So as long as you have a chroniton stash, you can make up for any shuttle weaknesses by just crafting more recipes.
  • Options
    Oh, yeah, people complaining about Thanksgiving? I have Thanksgiving, then a performance of A Christmas Carol Friday evening, and my birthday on Sunday. I'm going to have to be around people who love me and attend a play of one of my all-time stories. Woe is me! Woe, I say, is me!

But seriously, this does mean I'm not gonna get to hustle and get threshold Kira in Phase 1 so I'm gonna have to craft some stuff in Phase 2, so there is a little bit of actual woe that is me.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, yeah, people complaining about Thanksgiving? I have Thanksgiving, then a performance of A Christmas Carol Friday evening, and my birthday on Sunday. I'm going to have to be around people who love me and attend a play of one of my all-time stories. Woe is me! Woe, I say, is me!

But seriously, this does mean I'm not gonna get to hustle and get threshold Kira in Phase 1 so I'm gonna have to craft some stuff in Phase 2, so there is a little bit of actual woe that is me.

Are you watching the performance or performing in it?
    Let’s fly!
  • Options

Are you watching the performance or performing in it?

Watching, though I know it so well I could probably perform in it. A lesser role, anyway. I saw their production around fifteen years ago with my ex-wife and loved it. I've wanted to go back, but it hasn't happened for various reasons. The social activities director for my depression group is amazing, though, and secured us a limited number of tickets for us so cost won't be one of the possible reasons I won't make it!
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ice Man wrote: »
    If you're going to be low on event crew, make sure you don't forget about Anastasia.

They really need to fix the search function to consider all the hidden names they DO already have in their crew database.

I set up a helper tool in my STT spreadsheet that accounts for this - as long as I don’t type the base character name incorrectly in the data entry sheet, searches for “Worf” will give me Duchamps and Will Scarlet, Robin Hood for “Picard,” and the like. If I could do it (with calculated event stats and conditional formatting to highlight the crew worth taking out of the freezer), DB surely could do it as well.
  • Options
    I'll be sleeping thru this event....
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Ren~ wrote: »
    Shan wrote: »
    Should I use another abbreviation?
    There is no info for the 5* crew in rank rewards at this time. Otherwise it would have been provided.

Oh no no, it means to be determined, I think we're all aware of this. That's kind of lousy though, we players accepted the event crew switched last year provided you told us everything about the following event one week earlier and I find it hard to believe that the event crew isn't ready yet.

As mentioned before, MAYBE they just don t wanna spoil the upcoming mega early?! Not sure why this is such a big thing right now? A little patience maybe?

That would have been TBA. TBD implies they have no idea.

Shan's update saying that there is nothing to announce implies that DB dont know yet. It is not that they know but wont say.

THIS Either it represents them giving Shan the wrong abbreviation, or they dropped the ball. It looks a little incompetent for them to not know the Legendary Ranked Reward three days before an Event begins.......

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Yateball wrote: »
    Not sure what TBD is but I want it

"TBD" = "To Be Decided"/"To Be Determined" {The game people do not know who the Legendary Ranked Reward is three days before an Event.}

"TBA" = "To Be Announced" {The game people want it to be a surprise for a bit, for whatever reason.}

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

"TBD" = "To Be Decided" {The game people do not know who the Legendary Ranked Reward is three days before an Event.}

"TBA" = "To Be Announced" {The game people want it to be a surprise for a bit, for whatever reason.}

In the true spirit of the forum I will correct you slightly. It means to be determined. I had to cuz that’s what we do here right?

• Options
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

"TBD" = "To Be Decided" {The game people do not know who the Legendary Ranked Reward is three days before an Event.}

In the true spirit of the forum I will correct you slightly. It means to be determined. I had to cuz that’s what we do here right?

Yes. That is the more common phrase. I blanked out and went for the less common.
  • Options
    marschallinmarschallin ✭✭✭✭
    Bakerbeanz wrote: »
    I'll be sleeping thru this event....

I’m excited to get another star for my Commander Kira! Sorry to hear you don’t like this, but I guess DB can’t please all of the people all of the time.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ren~ wrote: »
    Should I use another abbreviation?
    There is no info for the 5* crew in rank rewards at this time. Otherwise it would have been provided.

Oh no no, it means to be determined, I think we're all aware of this. That's kind of lousy though, we players accepted the event crew switched last year provided you told us everything about the following event one week earlier and I find it hard to believe that the event crew isn't ready yet.

As mentioned before, MAYBE they just don t wanna spoil the upcoming mega early?! Not sure why this is such a big thing right now? A little patience maybe?

That would have been TBA. TBD implies they have no idea.

Shan's update saying that there is nothing to announce implies that DB dont know yet. It is not that they know but wont say.

THIS Either it represents them giving Shan the wrong abbreviation, or they dropped the ball. It looks a little incompetent for them to not know the Legendary Ranked Reward three days before an Event begins.......

Or they meant TBA because they want to coordinate with mega news, and Shan being a human flipped TBA/TBD in her head as she was typing. Let's not try to parse a single letter and decide what it means.
  • Options
    Thank you Shan as always :smile:
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool, now we get to come up with TBA acronyms!

Like...Tactical Belch Archer!

You forgot how DB seems to feel about Archer. It will probably be Totally Belittled Archer.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool, now we get to come up with TBA acronyms!

Like...Tactical Belch Archer!

You forgot how DB seems to feel about Archer. It will probably be Totally Belittled Archer.

I’m not even going to try to come up with my own cuz that’s too awesome!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I will use TBA in the future ..

I hope to have information to share soon, for the 5* ranked reward crew and for the campaign.

Thank you for your patience everyone, it has been a tad hectic lately :smile:

I think we all have experienced the when it rains it pours concept at work