Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Trouble in Paradise - 01/16 - Correction

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2020 in The Bridge
Event Name: Trouble in Paradise
Event Type: Galaxy Event
Event Crew: Admiral Maxwell Forrest 5* (New), Captain Lucero 4* (New), and Commander Dolim 4* (Existing)
Event Dates: Thursday 01/16 until Monday 01/20 at noon (17.00 UTC)

Ranked Reward 5*: Belle Q (New) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 01/23.

Event Factions:
Federation, Dominion

Bonus crew:
• high bonus: event crew
• small bonus: crew with the Survivalist trait

Comments

• I hope this is Worf from the episode where he ruins Risa.

Has to be. My least favorite ep of DS9.
  • Captain Lucero - AKA "The Worst Captain in the Fleet"
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay for Lucero! Pleasantly surprised to get her so soon.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't remember that Captain.

About the event: I wish the survivalist trait were in a mega event or a faction event. I have a ton of those guys. I won't bother unfreezing them for a galaxy event.
  • Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't remember that Captain.

About the event: I wish the survivalist trait were in a mega event or a faction event. I have a ton of those guys. I won't bother unfreezing them for a galaxy event.

It was in a mega recently. The Determined Janeway one, if memory serves.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Captain Lucero - AKA "The Worst Captain in the Fleet"

Nah, it was intended to be a funny Short Trek, the Trouble with Edward.

ojwjgruvzg4z.jpeg
    Let’s fly!
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh god why did DB have to remind me of that awful Short Trek?

Awful, awfully funny.
    Let’s fly!
  • I hope this is Worf from the episode where he ruins Risa.

Has to be. My least favorite ep of DS9.

eo75urci4sps.png

IMHO great episode.
    “You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain”
    ― Musashi, Japan's Greatest Swordsman and Samurai
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭

It was easily my favourite Short Trek to date.
  • robownage wrote: »

It was easily my favourite Short Trek to date.

My favorite thing about it, is how the outrage is causing all the IRL Edwards to self identify. Give her a series, and lets be rid of them for good!

• Ren~ wrote: »
    What happened to Skirmish events?

Mixxxxed feelings. Sooooo tired of the Faction/Galaxy two step, miss the return on investment, but DO NOT MISS how repetitive it is after round one. Love to see them do a combo event, where either it changes daily, or one could choose what to pursue
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember her, now. Count me with the group that liked that short and her.
  • I know right? I miss the days where any white man could be as insubordinate and destructive as they wanted and still expect ALL WOMEN to defer to them too. Boooooooooo! Something something something Jordan Peterson

What are you talking about? I actually think she was a bad captain because she let Edward walk all over her when she was supposed to be chastising him. Janeway wouldn't have stood for it, neither would any other captain we've seen.

She shut him down so hard it bruised his tail bone. But insubordination Of that nature hardly justifies confinement, he hadnt murdered someone like Suder. The real question in that case is how Star Fleet “Peter Principled” him into such a job

• AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    A actor from a recent Short Trek is in contact with CBS and may have even signed a likeness agreement when cast for the short trek. A actress from 30 years ago likely signed a very different contract and now needs to agree to her likeness being used in the game.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So a character from a very recent Short Trek gets a character, and we're still without Commander Shelby?

And tourist Worf? Come on. What a snoozer!!

• Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow, that purple is probably the worst character ever

To be fair, Edward was an idiot

More than that, but that would get caught by the filter. While her captain was certainly not up to the task, that guy had it coming and chose his own fate.
  • edited January 2020
    The real question in that case is how Star Fleet “Peter Principled” him into such a job

That, we can agree on. He must have been doing something special for an Admiral somewhere ;)

What I'm finding at the moment, on Twitter and Reddit, is that no-one seems to be able to say anything negative about Discovery or its Short Treks without someone else piping up and saying that the negativity is due to racism/sexism/homophobia/etc... Its irritating because I'm a Trekkie - I understand the concept of IDIC.

I simply don't like Discovery because I feel the writing is substandard!

What I have found is that whenever someone complains about something so large as an entire series with something so general as “substandard writing“ (Particulalarly with DSC/DS9) in general if you ask him define that term you start hitting on all of those things you just mentioned. For example if we agree that she did shut Edward down, and shouldn’t have expected him to be a psychopath, I no longer see what she did wrong