Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Trouble in Paradise - 01/16 - Correction

14567810»

Comments

• DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gold Speedos at Level forty and Level eighty.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • This is my first comment. Because this is exactly my overall felling about "Discovery".
    Disrespect and insult to Gene Roddenberry legacy! The real Star Trek was always about to be a beter human!
    nb8sqsrre85q.jpg

That was written by a PR person and the real Gene Roddenberry was nothing like that. I thought Star Trek fans were long past this fantasy about Roddenberry. The real Gene Roddenberry had a casting couch. That is how woman got on the show. Among other terrible behavior.

Humans are largely selfish people. The concept of Star Trek is at some point in the future we as a people are not. We change our central driving ambition and go out into the galaxy. Discovery is about how we got there. No one, as of yet is what Sisko would call "a Starfleet officer, the paragon of virtue". How did we do that? That is what the show is about. The journey from who we are now to the fictional people we see in later series. Fans like to put on uniforms and think they are like those people, they are not. They are more like the people on Discovery, extremely flawed, than they care to admit.
  • This is my first comment. Because this is exactly my overall felling about "Discovery".
    Disrespect and insult to Gene Roddenberry legacy! The real Star Trek was always about to be a beter human!

I love that if you think about it, IDIC is NOT a "Vulcan thing". It's a Great Bird of the Galaxy thing. It's how he treated people, and how we all should treat people. It's not our similarities that make us stronger, it is the combination of our differences.

Accept everyone for who they are. We are all in this together.

The IDIC was created to sell merchandise to the fan club. That's all.