Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Trouble in Paradise - 01/16 - Correction

Comments

• (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    So awesome!
    Let’s fly!
  • I'll threshold on cruise control with this event. Not bad, but I'll have another obscure FF 4* that'll be forgotten about until I need space. She'll be FE and frozen asap.
  • So, is anyone else hoping that this event involves tribbles appearing on, say, Risa?

Lucero will want to study them/leave them be, Forrest will want to contain them/remove them to somewhere else, and Dolim will want to slaughter them.
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    That Lucero art is dope.
  • Cmdr SinclairCmdr Sinclair ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    <snip> ~Shan
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    <snip> ~Shan

Yikes.
  • ApaggApagg ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    <snip> ~Shan

Yikes.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    <snip> ~Shan/quote]

That’s a bold statement, Cotton, let’s see how the rest of the forum takes it.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Sigh

Can't you guys give Shan a Convergence Day break?!?!?

Act like grown ups.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    ah the trials and tribbleations of it all.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Okay once I develop the captain of U.S.S. Chip-on-her-Shoulder (Lucero) she'll be sent to the Brig (Cyrostasis Vault) and relieved of command ;) We'll compromise Shan.
  • Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Apagg wrote: »
    I was really hoping for a chain of Yikes there

I was hoping to quote it and tag Prime Lorca as a follow up to our diverging opinions on the progressiveness of all Star Trek fans from earlier in the thread :D

(But a chain of yikes would have been fun too)
  • eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back to the event at hand, I totally blanked on tomorrow being Convergence Day, which would make "Trouble in Paradise" this year's Convergence Day event. Seems pretty lackluster in that context to feature Admiral Maxwell Forrest, Commander Dolim, and Captain Luceno. And it was a lackluster crew even before I realized that. There will surely be some nifty surprise or two, but for the time being, 3* Tourist Worf is presently the most exciting thing about this year's Convergence Day.

3* Tourist Worf is no longer the most exciting thing about this year's Convergence Day.

i guess we'll need to airlock all 4 (?) copies of Captain You Know Who to pay for all of those honor offers now! B)
  • PompeyMagnusPompeyMagnus ✭✭✭✭
    It was soooo funny. That was what it was meant to be. That is why there is an ad for tribbles cereal at the end of it.

2l7p9pn4e85s.gif

I enjoyed that Short Trek episode, but the Tribbles cereal commercial had me in stitches.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was soooo funny. That was what it was meant to be. That is why there is an ad for tribbles cereal at the end of it.

2l7p9pn4e85s.gif

I enjoyed that Short Trek episode, but the Tribbles cereal commercial had me in stitches.

Haha, just jailbreak your replicator and replicate some tribble cereal today!
    Let’s fly!
  • With all of this discussion going on, I actually want to watch it too now, but for some reason Netflix doesn't like the Short Treks and probably won't add them until the next season of DSC is out. Which makes even less sense this year, as some (most?) of them have nothing to do with DSC :/

• What would that Riker be called?

IThink she’s 2 young 4u Riker
  • robownage wrote: »

Also, I haven't watched the Short Trek yet, but from what I've seen and read it feels like they tried to do some Orville kind of thing, probably because of all the fans who kept saying that the Orville is better Trek than DSC. Clearly that approach didn't work for everyone either :D

but Orville is better than Discovery because Orville is actually trying to be star trek :)

seriously, who here would rather have Ed and Kelly and Bortas and Isaac and Dr. Kasidy Yates than captain "this conversation is over"?

I enjoy Orville, but I'll take Discovery, thank you. It's trying to move storytelling into the 21st century, rather than being stuck in the past.

Storytelling into 21st century....
    Ha ha ha
    17 films on floor based on Bard of Avon...
    First get story telling into 17th century atleast!!!
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apagg wrote: »
    I was really hoping for a chain of Yikes there

I was hoping to quote it and tag Prime Lorca as a follow up to our diverging opinions on the progressiveness of all Star Trek fans from earlier in the thread :D

(But a chain of yikes would have been fun too)

I backspaced some stuff. It's best that the topic dies. How about this honor sale, huh?

That Tribble graphics pretty good. Well done, @Emperor Borg Drone !
    Farewell 🖖