Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Trouble in Paradise - 01/16 - Correction

Comments

• Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    If anything, it is harder for people IN the States to see this stuff, CBS makes us pay a monthly fee for stuff they let the rest of you rascals get for free :p

??? Discovery and Short Treks are on netflix(latests short treks still havn t been added yet) outside the US, and last time i checked netflix wasn t for free. ;)
    And Picard will air on amazon prime outside the US.

So i am not sure where we get anything for free or easier than the US folks?
    It‘s quite the opposite, since we have to pay for 2 streaming services to watch Disco and Picard.

LOL, I knew somebody was going to bring that up :p My only defense is that I subconsciously just assumed a majority of people were already paying for a generic streaming like Netflix.

Specifically in the U.S. Netflix currently offers up TOS, TNG, DS9, Voy, and Ent (the animated series has been removed) as part of our regular subscription which I believe is true for everyone worldwide, but they also let everyone not in the U.S. get access to Discovery whereas CBS has it blocked from Netflix in the U.S.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anything, it is harder for people IN the States to see this stuff, CBS makes us pay a monthly fee for stuff they let the rest of you rascals get for free :p

??? Discovery and Short Treks are on netflix(latests short treks still havn t been added yet) outside the US, and last time i checked netflix wasn t for free. ;)

It‘s quite the opposite, since we have to pay for 2 streaming services to watch Disco and Picard.

LOL, I knew somebody was going to bring that up :p My only defense is that I subconsciously just assumed a majority of people were already paying for a generic streaming like Netflix.

Specifically in the U.S. Netflix currently offers up TOS, TNG, DS9, Voy, and Ent (the animated series has been removed) as part of our regular subscription which I believe is true for everyone worldwide, but they also let everyone not in the U.S. get access to Discovery whereas CBS has it blocked from Netflix in the U.S.

Yeah, if you’re subscribing to Netflix just for Discovery, you are missing out on a lot of excellent shows and films. If you’re subscribing to CBS All-Access just for Discovery, you realize that there hasn’t been anything else worth watching and that your subscription is canceled at the end of each season for a reason.
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    There seems to be something broken with the odds of the missions here.h79s0xyqbzkj.jpeg
    vs.
    warsrq17ucck.jpeg
    This makes no sense.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
    There seems to be something broken with the odds of the missions here.h79s0xyqbzkj.jpeg
    vs.
    warsrq17ucck.jpeg
    This makes no sense.

If both were only asking for COM, you’d have a point. But clearly the first one is looking for a lot more ENG than Forrest can provide. I think I have been using Ru’afo on that recipe...or perhaps it’s another one with ENG that I’m thinking of.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can’t seem to get into phase two, keeps saying phase complete
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • It is disappointing that no one outside of the States can join in this conversation due to some suspect airing decisions by CBS. :(

I'm from the UK. ;)

How have you seen them? :)

I am more than willing to pay for the Trek shorts. Just give us the option to, CBS!
    edited January 2020
    If both were only asking for COM, you’d have a point. But clearly the first one is looking for a lot more ENG than Forrest can provide. I think I have been using Ru’afo on that recipe...or perhaps it’s another one with ENG that I’m thinking of.
    Hmmm so far I thought that AND skills in Galaxy are as interchangable as on shuttles after the AND fix. Is this not the case?
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
    Hmmm so far I thought that AND skills in Galaxy are as interchangable as on shuttles after the AND fix. Is this not the case?

If there were an AND bug problem, my immortal Ru’afo wouldn’t be only one percentage point behind my 1/5* Forrest on this node (I was indeed wrong earlier). It’s just that this recipe uses Forrest’s primary and tertiary rather than a primary and secondary - not every node is going to have an 80+% rare drop rate, is all.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ⭐️ We are stars! ⭐️

"Ur Stars, Would Recomme"

4lzofo2pkzdz.jpg

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    vs.
    warsrq17ucck.jpeg
    This makes no sense.

Looks like the “and” ones are broken.....

pe9du7ceymdw.png
    ffynjhq2wk6l.png
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭

The problem is that there are other things I want from Amazon and Netflix. There is nothing else on CBS that I want. Also their interface is absolutely awful.
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    And missions for galaxies are the average of the two skills, while factions are high skill plus 1/4th low skill.

Really?! I had no idea. Thank you!
  • Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    And missions for galaxies are the average of the two skills, while factions are high skill plus 1/4th low skill.

Really?! I had no idea. Thank you!

Same here...
    vs.
    warsrq17ucck.jpeg
    This makes no sense.

Looks like the “and” ones are broken.....

pe9du7ceymdw.png
    ffynjhq2wk6l.png

Nah, Commander Dolim really is that bad.
  • edited January 2020
    11foj3dd2m76.jpg
    From command of a starship, to a tribble infested starship, to the beaches of Risa on administrative leave, to the freezer
    :grin:
    In all seriousness her stats aren't rubbish and I wouldn't have put her in the freezer, except I wanted to make this post
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I played it differently this week. I turned in my super-rares as I got them (after the second half started). I figure I always aim for 600K, anyway. So now I'm sitting at a bit over 600K. I'm interested in seeing how quickly and how far I drop tomorrow. I'm predicting I drop to about rank 900.
    zieiujihv1nx.jpg
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    11foj3dd2m76.jpg
    From command of a starship, to a tribble infested starship, to the beaches of Risa on administrative leave, to the freezer
    In all seriousness her stats aren't rubbish and I wouldn't have put her in the freezer, except I wanted to make this post

What if she was Section 31 all along and was sent to the Klingon border to spy on and sabotage the Klingons? When Edward made the tribbles she saw an opportunity.
    Let’s fly!
  • 11foj3dd2m76.jpg

What if she was Section 31 all along and was sent to the Klingon border to spy on and sabotage the Klingons? When Edward made the tribbles she saw an opportunity.

🤯
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I played it differently this week. I turned in my super-rares as I got them (after the second half started). I figure I always aim for 600K, anyway. So now I'm sitting at a bit over 600K. I'm interested in seeing how quickly and how far I drop tomorrow. I'm predicting I drop to about rank 900.
    zieiujihv1nx.jpg

I ended up about 2k VP above you. Good luck to us! 🤞
    Farewell 🖖
  • What if she was Section 31 all along and was sent to the Klingon border to spy on and sabotage the Klingons? When Edward made the tribbles she saw an opportunity.

Ah, but these are the writers that brought us Discovery. So if she was in Section 31, she'd have her own Section 31 ship, her own Section 31 uniform, her own Section 31 black badge and she'd be announcing the the entire galaxy that she's a secret agent, working for a top secret organisation.

Yeah that was one thing I found that was odd...how could the DS9 characters not know about S31 with people in the Disco era (see what I did there?) telling everyone about their 'secret' organization. But then they had holodecks and this was before Kirk so......... Yeah
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah, but these are the writers that brought us Discovery. So if she was in Section 31, she'd have her own Section 31 ship, her own Section 31 uniform, her own Section 31 black badge and she'd be announcing the the entire galaxy that she's a secret agent, working for a top secret organisation.

Yeah that was one thing I found that was odd...how could the DS9 characters not know about S31 with people in the Disco era (see what I did there?) telling everyone about their 'secret' organization. But then they had holodecks and this was before Kirk so......... Yeah

Again the problem with the holographic training area in the Armory rears its ugly head.

People forget that 🌟 fleet was exposed to advanced holographic technology {and a species clearly willing to share that technology} almost 💯 years before Disco..........
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • What if she was Section 31 all along and was sent to the Klingon border to spy on and sabotage the Klingons? When Edward made the tribbles she saw an opportunity.

Again the problem with the holographic training area in the Armory rears its ugly head.

People forget that 🌟 fleet was exposed to advanced holographic technology {and a species clearly willing to share that technology} almost 💯 years before Disco..........

Then why didn't the original Enterprise have it then? Not looking to get into an argument but just pointing out that Discos writers bended the timeline (so to speak) to get the job done. But hey, Voyager had an endless supply of shuttles and torpedoes... They are both still great shows!

“Exposed to” and “used not just routinely but excessively” are miles apart.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020

Then why didn't the original Enterprise have it then? Not looking to get into an argument but just pointing out that Discos writers bended the timeline (so to speak) to get the job done. But hey, Voyager had an endless supply of shuttles and torpedoes... They are both still great shows!

How do you know that the original Enterprise {NCC-1701, I suppose} did not have some form of holographic facility? If you mean the NX-01 I believe they had some problems pop up, such as an attempted genocide of Humans, that probably would have pushed installing newly discovered recreational tech to the back burner........

“Exposed to” and “used not just routinely but excessively” are miles apart.

"Excessively"? I only recall one scene in two Seasons in the training facility. If you mean the communication system, I believe that not only was the reason they stopped using it covered very well in Season Two, but Pike was shown to clearly already dislike it long before it fell out of favor everywhere else..........
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Few knew about Section 31 except the Discovery crew that had to work with them for their mission. Remember that the whole of the Archer Enterprise not only knew about Section 31 but they even had a member on their crew.
    Let’s fly!