Home The Bridge

Cataclysm! Feedback thread

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
Thank you to all who will participate in this mini-event!

Your feedback will be invaluable and we are looking forward to it.
Please make it relevant, clear and concise :)

Comments

• (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking forward to it. Maybe we will see Cadet Picard.
    Let’s fly!
  • [10F] gobolts07 [10F] gobolts07 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy dilithium Batman!
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a Briefing?
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting. Looks like quite the harvest.
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's an event? (Sorry, had to) o:):p
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cataclysm, so just Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for Disruptor Beam then. :D

(Only joking Shan)
  • Me [AUS]Me [AUS] ✭✭✭
    Looks nice with ship battles. I like it so far.
  • From the picture, I'm assuming this is a Skirmish mini?

Edit: Ah, I see in the Event Rules.
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    7,620 dilithium if you clear thresholds!
    Oh my Dog!!!!!

I wanna have this Mini-Event's babies.......

o6ey3ahid4no.jpg
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    So ship battles and away team missions gain you intel, then you have to do a skirmish-style chain of 10 ship battles to earn event points???

Sounds fun!
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    I see the value in the schems offer, but a 1:1 offer to convert dils to chrons is horrible! (understanding of course they are giving a "price break" from the regular price of 150 Dils for 50 chrons, which is far worse.)

The rewards table looks great, and obviously this is a variation on Skirmishes/Expedition or Episode – like a min-isode, just as I predicted earlier. All good so far... let the Cataclysm begin!
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    My first feedback. So, this mini event will require players to spend the chrons they have been saving. It appears we will go from a mini event that depends on spending chrons for Intel, into an full event which requires them to gather items for supply builds.

I'm sceptical.
  • So it's a type of skirmish then, it looks nice from the description!

I was hoping for some old crew in the rewards (legendaries, obviously, but existing crew in general would be fun too). But I can't really complain about something that has honor and dilithium as rewards :)

Also, it's good to know that we can use crew that is on voyages or shuttles :)
  • Basically turn Chron into dil. if you want to use Chron to get honor you can compete. Thanks DB I will be threshold an out😉🙂
    Exanimus wrote: »
    My first feedback. So, this mini event will require players to spend the chrons they have been saving. It appears we will go from a mini event that depends on spending chrons for Intel, into an full event which requires them to gather items for supply builds.

I'm sceptical.

Would be less of a concern if it were not three days before a Galaxy Event. But, Use the Farming Table.

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/14164/since-this-week-is-a-skirmish/p1

mejoyh wrote: »
    Heres my farming list during skirmish. Its basically for pre-farming items for galaxy events with the following criteria
    - Required in galaxy event
    - I have less than 100 mats (which means its being used)
    - N (Normal), EL (Elite), EP (Epic)
    - DE (Delphic Expanse), KE (Klingon Empire), CT (Celestial Temple)

Item Mission
    Casing DE-1-N
    ★ Casing KE-2-EL
    Power Cell DE-3-N
    ★ Isolinear Chips 4-8-N
    Sensor 1-12-N
    ★ Emitter Crystal 4-9-N
    Expansion Module 1-2-N
    ★ Spices 4-11-N
    Clothing Pattern 1-5-N
    Submicron Scanner 1-5-EL
    Radiation Collector DE-1-EL
    Flux Coupler 4-3-N
    Earpiece 2-6-N
    Translation Algorithm KE-1-N
    ★★ Authorization Code 1-8-EL
    ★ Novel CT-1-N
    ★ Criminal Activity Report DE-3-EP
    ★ Self-sealing Stem Bolt 3-1-N

Hope this helps

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarTrekTimelines/comments/9en4b9/skirmish_farming_guide_and_reference_sheet/

Also, Scott was wise to hold off on the Daily Space Battles and Away Missions until we knew what we were doing.
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well ... the threshold rewards do allow players to purchase the 5x 500 chronitons from the rewards they get ...

What is the normal exchange rate? I've never purchased chronitons ... I can purchase 50 for 150 Dil from the main screen (if I tap my chronitons at the top of the screen), so 500 for 500 is a better deal than that.
  • Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exanimus wrote: »

I'm sceptical.

Would be less of a concern if it were not three days before a Galaxy Event. But, Use the Farming Table.

If that's a concern, look at the recipes for the galaxy on the wiki (its a flashback) and farm those items for this event.
  • will this count towards ranking achievements?
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, Scott was wise to hold off on the Daily Space Battles and Away Missions until we knew what we were doing.

Wiser than me. Whatever.
  • CuttysarkCuttysark ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    I might give this a very limited run but I don't currently have the chronitons stash to burn off willy-nilly at this time. (and I'm not going to buy them ... ;) ... which is probably the 'expected' player behavior)
    Remember: it's just a game, not a matter of life and death!

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
    When do Recap Packs go on sale?
    edited March 2020
    5000 Intel for the first battle.......
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    First point, we start off with 5000 intel, enough for one go, that is good.

But the ship selector is naff. It needs some kind of sorting ability.
    Also the ability to sort by bonus crew
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    I like the dilithium and honor. Seems though it is just a skirmish event but without crew that we can use for every battle and ten battles instead of five. But so far it is working fine but the intel price is much higher. 5000 for ten battles instead of 2400 for ten battles in a skirmish.
    Let’s fly!
  • Me [AUS]Me [AUS] ✭✭✭
    How is the bonus work? If i have all crew with bonus will all add up or it's just 1 needed like skirmish?
  • I am not disappointed I like to be able to farm away missions to get intel and then to turn into Chron. But no way of getting the max bonus to rewards in skirmish since no event crew. Would be nice if matching the trait would give the rewards similar to specific event bonus crew in skirmish.
This discussion has been closed.