Home The Bridge

Cataclysm! Feedback thread

Comments

• SovinoxSovinox ✭✭✭
    I second Apollo’s comments: this is pretty much Skirmishes. Some differences: need to adjust crew each battle to get the bonus (easier done with the search option than looking thru roster), 10 battles instead of 5, higher intel to farm, but can get intel from ship and crew missions.
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    12975 VP for my first Skirmish. (I don't recall if bonus crew were in all skirmishes). 23 or 24 Skirmishes to get all threshold rewards.

I like that the VP goes up every battle, and they seem to get harder, but my killys etc. just wipe out the enemy ships.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    12975 VP for my first Skirmish. (I don't recall if bonus crew were in all skirmishes). 23 or 24 Skirmishes to get all threshold rewards.

I like that the VP goes up every battle, and they seem to get harder, buy my killys etc. just wipe out the enemy ships.

No "etc" here. Killy is like "I got this." Other three are like "We wanna play!!!"
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • each slot has 2 chances to improve the earned vp. For each matching trait, you get a bonus.

Edit: just saw the varient vp above each oponnent, not to sure about my theory anymore.
  • When do Recap Packs go on sale?

I believe it's tomorrow
  • each slot has 2 chances to improve the earned vp. For each matching trait, you get a bonus.

Will not be able to check until tonight.
    Are you saying matching both traits give the high bonus like using the specific event bonus crew in skirmish.
  • Crusoe wrote: »
    each slot has 2 chances to improve the earned vp. For each matching trait, you get a bonus.

Are you saying matching both traits give the high bonus like using the specific event bonus crew in skirmish.

I edited my post, i'm not so sure about it anymore.

So i've done 1 run, spend about 250 chronitons with a chron boost on.
    Still not enough intel for a next run...
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do bonuses work? Is everything just the small bonus in a regular skirmish? Do that stack? Any reason not to just pick my weakest slot and swap that with the first crew that had a bonus picture covering his face?
  • Crusoe wrote: »
    each slot has 2 chances to improve the earned vp. For each matching trait, you get a bonus.

I edited my post, i'm not so sure about it anymore.

So i've done 1 run, spend about 250 chronitons with a chron boost on.
    Still not enough intel for a next run...

Thanks do not worry. Some one else will post info. Otherwise, I will tonight.
    Thanks though, it does need checking into.

• KayJay47KayJay47 ✭✭✭
    As usual, it would be helpful to have more info on how the bonus works. What's the base number of VP per battle, how does bonus crew improve those values, do multiple bonuses stack? It's tiresome to have to figure that out by trial and error.
  • Anyone else notice the HUGE drop off in honor received between rank 7 and rank 8? Seems like they are missing a 0.
  • Thanks Shan
  • Anyone else notice the HUGE drop off in honor received between rank 7 and rank 8? Seems like they are missing a 0.

Mine shows the 10000 for rank 7 and 7500 for rank 8. I am guessing you are seeing 750.
  • Me [AUS]Me [AUS] ✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Bonuses do not stack, matching 2 traits will not give you bonus x2.

Thanks Shan.
  • V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    500 chronitons a go?? that sounds bad - but I guess like 12,000 to run the table. Not too bad. I might do eet.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • 5k a run is absurd. No no no.
  • Any reason not to just pick my weakest slot and swap that with the first crew that had a bonus picture covering his face?

That's what I've been doing. I actually like it, it lets me involve more crew and get some use out of some that don't get much action for me. Normal skirmishes I just have the same four every time.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

I like that the VP goes up every battle, and they seem to get harder, buy my killys etc. just wipe out the enemy ships.

No "etc" here. Killy is like "I got this." Other three are like "We wanna play!!!"

Never mind. Forgot to Epic it!!!!!!
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • V. wrote: »
    500 chronitons a go?? that sounds bad - but I guess like 12,000 to run the table. Not too bad. I might do eet.

Is that with the kit? So 25% more without.
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having to swap crew for certain battles is a pain, but can be done fairly quick since the battles are so easy. I think I had to swap my evasion crew (Laborer Spock) for 3 or 4 battles, but a decent option was near the top of my crew selection screen.

By my quick calculations you get a 50% bonus for having a bonus crew in each round, meaning you can get 12,750 points per 10-round skirmish. That means we need to run approximately 23-24 skirmishes at most, in order to clear thresholds.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll have more feedback after I play for more. But if you remember DB wants to test different balance options. The higher Intel is a good experiment given the feedback of people wanting to run fewer skirmishes by having each one cost more.

We'll see how this works in practice, but I like DB testing out the change to see the impact.
  • Chief Eud{DD}rickChief Eud{DD}rick ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    deleted
    "Never teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig" Lazarus Long, Time Enough for Love, R.A. Heinlein
  • KayJay47KayJay47 ✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Bonuses do not stack, matching 2 traits will not give you bonus x2.

Thank you for the prompt reply!
  • I think DB missed on this one. Instead of selling Chron. should have just sold intel.
This discussion has been closed.