Options

Key information about the event: Roj - 03/26

Comments

• Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    l3x72ynguf8l.jpeg
    I'm not going to comment on the quality gulf between the artwork for Riva, and the artwork for Keyla. As Sanoa pointed out in a thread a while back, art is subjective. I'm sure someone finds Keyla's artwork good.........

What is it you don't like about that artwork? Is it that she's looking over to the side? Because the depiction is exactly what that actress looks like.

gnodrwheko6m.jpg
    78hcua0jkfrz.jpg
    ruhv2iav3xlu.jpg
    7pciqxqux3ln.jpg

The technique is solid, but I think the problem lies mainly in their combining the eyes from one shot with the full body and face from another. Her eyes and eyebrows look as though her head is positioned facing to her right (and not just because she's has her eyes turned right), while her head is facing forward/left. It's creating a small, "uncanny valley" effect.

Still, compared to other art mentioned ad nauseam in other threads, it's perfectly fine and a great character, if perhaps a middle of the pack crew.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could we go back to discussing the value of cards instead of how hot female crew is?
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ren~ wrote: »
    Could we go back to discussing the value of cards instead of how hot female crew is?

You can. You could’ve done so after your question

• Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

How about this: Mirror Detmer and Logicians Solok both seem to have an issue where the brightness of the image seems a little off. This is especially noticeable for Solok because the art for his pack has him sandwiched between two very brightly lit crew in Niners Sisko and Umpire Odo.

2xkfahqs5xqa.jpeg

An argument could be made for Detmer having a darker, more Mirror universe-appropriate color scheme, but Solok was out in the (holographic) sun for most of his screen time. The details look fine to me (at least for Solok) but the shading makes the entire thing look somewhat wrong.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

How about this: Mirror Detmer and Logicians Solok both seem to have an issue where the brightness of the image seems a little off. This is especially noticeable for Solok because the art for his pack has him sandwiched between two very brightly lit crew in Niners Sisko and Umpire Odo.

2xkfahqs5xqa.jpeg

An argument could be made for Detmer having a darker, more Mirror universe-appropriate color scheme, but Solok was out in the (holographic) sun for most of his screen time. The details look fine to me (at least for Solok) but the shading makes the entire thing look somewhat wrong.

It does look off. Could this have been a **tsk tsk** from when he was in the dugout? That would have certainly shaded things

• Options

My (unstudied) art opinion:

I think she seems rather flat/two-dimensional, especially compared to the other Mirror crew. The dark uniform and near-straight-on perspective don't help in that regard, nor does the lack of any real key lighting.

Flat and two-dimensional was exactly my reaction! And, while the actress has an oval face, the head is unnaturally elongated. The placement of the eyes is a little... off.

Not the worst crew portrait, but doesn't do her justice.
    "Risk! Risk is our business. Risk is what this starship is all about."
    -Captain Kirk, ST:TOS, "Return to Tomorrow"
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kinda bad that at least two 2 🌟 cards look way better than this 5 🌟........
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    I step away for a few hours and this place becomes Facesmash? Sunscreen on a Care Bear, people! We're supposed to be the enlightened fandom. Act like it.

Anyway, Mirror Detmer's T-zone looks like more like Rachel Dratch than Emily Coutts.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with this, but would expand it to note that a lot of the recent crew art share this dimmer shading palette, especially on the body/uniforms. In some ways, it adds to the realism factor, but it is simultaneously clashes with related crew. (Ex: compare AoS Worf with the older AoS crew.)
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with this, but would expand it to note that a lot of the recent crew art share this dimmer shading palette, especially on the body/uniforms. In some ways, it adds to the realism factor, but it is simultaneously clashes with related crew. (Ex: compare AoS Worf with the older AoS crew.)

I admit, I had forgotten about AoS Worf, good call!
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Has anybody fathomed what mirror crew they will bring out.

I think I've worked it out out for my crew but I am a little undecided on a few:
    Mirror Garak, Leeta, Mayweather and Sheriff Worf.

I'm considering Leeta and Garak mainly for DIP/COM seats as there doesn't appear to be many 'good' options bar my 1/5 Lorca and Mirror Burnham and too many primary and tertiary combinations of this skill set.

Mayweather because he seems to be the best ENG/SEC specific crew.

Sherif Worf - I have plenty of Sec/Com options but he might also be useful for a COM and DIP seat.

The reject pile consists of
    Mirrors - Archer, Tigan, Janeway, Jennifer Sisko, K'Ehleyr, Keiko, Geordi, Sato, Sisko, Tucker, Uhura, Vic Fontaine, Prison Break Lorca and Civil War Worf.

My reject list looks a lot like yours, full of crew too weak in any combo to be worth waking up. As for the rest, I thawed the very best (Mirror Bev, Mirror Kirk, Mirror Jadzia) and am waiting on some of the others like Keiko to see what the skill breakdown is like...I only have five more slots and don’t really want to freeze crew I use regularly to make room for bonus crew in an event I’m not going all-out in to compete for rank.

5* event crew I own:
    - Mirror Picard (5/5), AoS Worf (5/5);
    - Mirror Data (4/5);
    - Mirror Landry (2/5), Mirror Reed (2/5), Will Scarlett (2/5);
    - Mirror Stamets (1/5), Mirror Bashir (1/5), Mirror T'Pol (1/5), Captain Killy (1/5).
    I don't expect my 1/5s (other than maybe Stamets/Killy) and Will Scarlett to be of any use.
    My squad leader will probably share Mirror Detmer.

That means I'm defrosting:
    - Tholian Prisoner (SCI) - no brainer
    - Mirror Phlox (MED)
    - Mirror Jadzia (SEC) - no brainer
    - DC Worf ... uh, yeah.
    - Sheriff Worf (CMD)

Maybe - depending on the shuttle seat make-up.
    - Mirror Tucker (ENG)
    - Mirror Burnham (DIP)
    - Prison Break Lorca (CMD)
    - Section 31 Phillipa (SEC)

Event
    Will just run the standard shuttles and am not going to make an effort to get Ezri. So, I only really need crew to fill 4 shuttles (i.e. 13 bonus crew + 1 share crew).
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very pleased about Rivas artwork. 👍🏻 It‘s only sad that he will be frozen and probably never seen again anytime soon, in my roster.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    I find myself disappointed that Ezri is not MED primary... MED tertiary is blah. But big ol' security base?

EDIT: Seems like decent voyage numbers.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find myself disappointed that Ezri is not MED primary... MED tertiary is blah. But big ol' security base?

I was just saying in another thread that I could use good DIP/SEC crew in a MED slot. Guess I'm in this week. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options

I was just saying in another thread that I could use good DIP/SEC crew in a MED slot. Guess I'm in this week. :)

I think I'll still go after her. Sunk cost and all from FE 4 Mirror Universe legendaries and my 2/5 AoS Worf for the event.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I kinda like the premise. Trying to get peace ☮️ into the Mirror Universe.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    SEC as Main skill for Ezri? Guess she secured/catched the ball? :D
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options

2xkfahqs5xqa.jpeg

Age of Sail Troi had a similar problem. It was glaring when placed alongside the other AoS crew, too.
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    RaraRacing wrote: »

I think I've worked it out out for my crew but I am a little undecided on a few:

I'm considering Leeta and Garak mainly for DIP/COM seats as there doesn't appear to be many 'good' options bar my 1/5 Lorca and Mirror Burnham and too many primary and tertiary combinations of this skill set.

Sherif Worf - I have plenty of Sec/Com options but he might also be useful for a COM and DIP seat.

Mirrors - Archer, Tigan, Janeway, Jennifer Sisko, K'Ehleyr, Keiko, Geordi, Sato, Sisko, Tucker, Uhura, Vic Fontaine, Prison Break Lorca and Civil War Worf.

My reject list looks a lot like yours, full of crew too weak in any combo to be worth waking up. As for the rest, I thawed the very best (Mirror Bev, Mirror Kirk, Mirror Jadzia) and am waiting on some of the others like Keiko to see what the skill breakdown is like...I only have five more slots and don’t really want to freeze crew I use regularly to make room for bonus crew in an event I’m not going all-out in to compete for rank.

5* event crew I own:
    - Mirror Data (4/5);
    - Mirror Stamets (1/5), Mirror Bashir (1/5), Mirror T'Pol (1/5), Captain Killy (1/5).
    I don't expect my 1/5s (other than maybe Stamets/Killy) and Will Scarlett to be of any use.

- Mirror Phlox (MED)
    - DC Worf ... uh, yeah.
    - Sheriff Worf (CMD)

- Mirror Tucker (ENG)
    - Mirror Burnham (DIP)

Event
    Will just run the standard shuttles and am not going to make an effort to get Ezri. So, I only really need crew to fill 4 shuttles (i.e. 13 bonus crew + 1 share crew).

I will have 3-5 potential slots available for unfreezing (depending on how much honor and chrons I want to burn in the next 24 hours.)

ACTIVE EVENT CREW:
    5*

Mirror Keyla Detmer (1/5)
    Captain Lorca (1/5)
    Mirror Picard (5/5)
    Inquisitor Troi (2/5)
    T'Pol (2/5)
    Sulu (1/5)
    Stamets (1/5)
    Captain Killy (1/5)

4*
    Mirror Ezri (2/5)
    Mirror Keiko (3/4)
    Mirror Jadzia (2/4)
    Mirror Archer (2/4)
    Keyla Detmer (3/4)
    Sheriff Worf (3/4)
    Civil War Worf (3/4)
    Mirror Vic Fontaine (only 1/4, unleveled, not going to bother)

FROZEN BONUS CREW OPTIONS:
    Mirror:
    Burnham
    Garak
    Section 31 Georgiou x2
    Janeway
    Jennifer Sisko
    K'Ehleyr
    La Forge
    Phlox
    Leeta
    Prison Break Lorca
    Empress Sato
    Tucker
    Tholian Prisoner
    Uhura

Worfs:
    Defiant Commander Worf (Yes)
    Ba'ku

Figure I should be unfreezing DC Worf, Tholian Prisoner and Mirror Phlox and/or Mirror Burnham. Guess it'll depend on shuttle make-up.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    Shy Khan wrote: »

5* event crew I own:
    - Mirror Data (4/5);

- Mirror Phlox (MED)
    - DC Worf ... uh, yeah.
    - Sheriff Worf (CMD)

- Mirror Tucker (ENG)
    - Mirror Burnham (DIP)

Event

I will have 3-5 potential slots available for unfreezing (depending on how much honor and chrons I want to burn in the next 24 hours.)

ACTIVE EVENT CREW:
    5*

Mirror Keyla Detmer (1/5)
    Captain Lorca (1/5)
    Mirror Picard (5/5)
    Inquisitor Troi (2/5)
    T'Pol (2/5)
    Sulu (1/5)
    Stamets (1/5)
    Captain Killy (1/5)

4*
    Mirror Ezri (2/5)
    Mirror Keiko (3/4)
    Mirror Jadzia (2/4)
    Mirror Archer (2/4)
    Keyla Detmer (3/4)
    Sheriff Worf (3/4)
    Civil War Worf (3/4)
    Mirror Vic Fontaine (only 1/4, unleveled, not going to bother)

FROZEN BONUS CREW OPTIONS:
    Mirror:
    Burnham
    Garak
    Section 31 Georgiou x2
    Janeway
    Jennifer Sisko
    K'Ehleyr
    La Forge
    Phlox
    Leeta
    Prison Break Lorca
    Empress Sato
    Tucker
    Tholian Prisoner
    Uhura

Worfs:
    Defiant Commander Worf (Yes)
    Ba'ku

Figure I should be unfreezing DC Worf, Tholian Prisoner and Mirror Phlox and/or Mirror Burnham. Guess it'll depend on shuttle make-up.

Now would be a good time to cite Killy. Especially if you like skirmishes at all.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭

ugh ... this was a skill combo not available for 5* crew up until now ... with a massive voyage total (3532) ... we'll see if I feel like it in. lockdown with the kids driving me crazy ...
  • Options

Now would be a good time to cite Killy. Especially if you like skirmishes at all.

Every Star should go into Mirror-Tilly. She's a beast in the arena!

I was able to finish Mirror-Keyla today and she's one, too. Her SEC-stats are impressive. Base-level is just a little behind Highroller-Sisko and combined she is my new #1.
    She and Killy will be my new wicked witches :o
    2mdo2t5zn69q.png

Serving with Battleship Texas [BBTX]
  • Options

ugh ... this was a skill combo not available for 5* crew up until now ... with a massive voyage total (3532) ... we'll see if I feel like it in. lockdown with the kids driving me crazy ...

Skill combo or order?
  • Options
    {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭

Skill combo or order?
    Definitely not combo. Order maybe.
  • Options

Skill combo or order?
    Definitely not combo. Order maybe.

Yeah, was thinking order too. Seems like she's pretty valuable.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what is her voyage rating?
  • Options
    {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭

Like 107 I think.
  • Options

Which her? There seems to be two conversations going. Detmer is two-skill, so I assume you mean Ezri. Niners Ezri is the 7th overall voyage total. Kind of a beast. (According to @[10F] Captain Idol ).
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options

Which her? There seems to be two conversations going. Detmer is two-skill, so I assume you mean Ezri. Niners Ezri is the 7th overall voyage total. Kind of a beast. (According to @[10F] Captain Idol ).

Beastly voyage numbers, beastly bases, rare skill set and order... sounds tasty. Also cute as a button. Also baseball.