Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Roj - 03/26

Comments

• Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question: why do ya'll ALWAYS run Federation on faction events?
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am running federation and Terran equally. Klingon does not give me anything I need but I will use some of them on extra shuttles later.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »

My two guesses are 1) newer players gravitating toward the familiar that they know they're "supposed" to support and 2) Fed transmissions stockpiling all on their own thanks to the daily rewards schema.
    I am running federation and Terran equally. Klingon does not give me anything I need but I will use some of them on extra shuttles later.

Klingon does give you something else you need: More competition to keep the Federation from winning.
  • Options
    mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else or am I a lone voice in being kinda bummed about the distribution of the skills for the 3 seaters in this event...

All of them are the same.... COM and SEC, DIP and SCI, DIP and SEC...

Apart from it being kinda repetitive, given the sheer amount of COM SEC cards + crew with COM and SEC primaries, would have been nice to get more COM and SEC seats.

Also DIP and SCI appear to be really difficult to fill for this event... still waiting to get Riva done to fill up a seat.
  • Options

My two guesses are 1) newer players gravitating toward the familiar that they know they're "supposed" to support and 2) Fed transmissions stockpiling all on their own thanks to the daily rewards schema.

Klingon does give you something else you need: More competition to keep the Federation from winning.

But why would I ever not want the Federation to win?
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭

My two guesses are 1) newer players gravitating toward the familiar that they know they're "supposed" to support and 2) Fed transmissions stockpiling all on their own thanks to the daily rewards schema

I had the same thought as your first point before publicly posing this question, and only decided to ask once I had mentally debunked it. If experience has taught me anything it is that new players have very little going for them in faction events, and as such I would imagine they have very little impact on the faction scores. Do you not agree?

I had not considered your second point however, and having read it I think you are definitely onto something there. I mean, I never expected anything from the Klingons but a very distant third place showing (given that one doesn't even need Klingon faction items to level up Klingons!), but I honestly expected Terrans to be doing better as their overall loot table is way more useful than Federation, but I had failed to take into account the sheer volume of Federation transmissions people get, thank you for replying :)

I do also think you are onto something with a tangent of your first point, namely that I wonder how many players actually consider themselves part of The Federation and therefore feel obligated to some degree to support them in events.

As a newer player, the priority is trying to max out the factions. To get the most benifit from them, and collect the achievements. The vast majority of players around my level and below have consistently also voiced a disappointment in not ever getting the benefit of a faction bonus to help them clear the factions.

I have posed this question to players that have been around for a while and that has indeed been the only answer I have ever received. They use the transmissions the game drops. It's also usually the one farthest to the left. They seem to be making choices based on the conservation of in game currency and effort.

As you say, newer players flying two shuttles at a time and generally failing most of the time, most likely has very little impact. Newer players are no more likely than longer players to be sentimental about the federation. I think the suggestion proves just how diminutive a lot of the longer term players feel toward newer players, as most longer clap backs tend to dismiss new player concerns as childish it would not surprise me if they assumed their decision making was as well. The issue of federation dominating faction events, seems to be entirely an issue of longer term players not really needing faction drops as much because they aren't still putting the same effort into crew building as they once did. During the last faction event the Augments did considerablely better than most factions due, and this was probably due to the rarer drops of that faction being something those players might actually have a need for still. On average they are simply getting through faction events with the least amount of effort and spending. It's entirely understandable. The bias isn't entirely player driven, it's the result of logical resource management. My assumption is that DB assumes the majority of players will have a bias for the federation and stocks the monthly advent calendar with them. While there are certainly a few people with a federation bias they do not make up the majority of the players I've talked to. At the end of the day it's a game and all players want to complete all the achievements. Federation bias is most likely due to the development side assuming interest, or the development side trying to increase the difficulty of clearing the achievements by spamming the game with federation transmissions
  • Options
    First event for a long time that i'll ignore.

I would love to have a five star Ezri, but i'm not a big baseball fan and her skills are allready overrepresented in my crew and Riva lacks any usability.

So i just shared my crew as squadron leader and run a few federation missions in the hope i'll get some acient films.

• Options
    I think a lot of it is just that the Federation faction was put in furthest to the left in the shuttle screen so people are more likely to click it than the factions to the right.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I find the Terran shuttle seats to be more comfortable for my crew not there is much difference between the factions there but I got my fill of ancient film for the time being so now i'm in it for the pollyalloys pure and simple.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    mejoyh wrote: »
    Anyone else or am I a lone voice in being kinda bummed about the distribution of the skills for the 3 seaters in this event...

Apart from it being kinda repetitive, given the sheer amount of COM SEC cards + crew with COM and SEC primaries, would have been nice to get more COM and SEC seats.

Also DIP and SCI appear to be really difficult to fill for this event... still waiting to get Riva done to fill up a seat.

I have Riva now, plus Mirror Spock for SCI/DIP. I have four S31 Georgiou's for SEC/DIP. CMD/SEC is the most prevalent combo amongst Mirror crew. I can run 6 Terran shuttles at 87-95% with time boosts. I think the seats are GREAT! :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    edited March 2020

I have Riva now, plus Mirror Spock for SCI/DIP. I have four S31 Georgiou's for SEC/DIP. CMD/SEC is the most prevalent combo amongst Mirror crew. I can run 6 Terran shuttles at 87-95% with time boosts. I think the seats are GREAT! :)

Also Professor Sato, Surak and PIcard and number 1 are adequate non bonus crew for the DIP + SCI seats if you have them, you could also chance it with the Tholian Prisoner as well.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Based on my observations of a single player... although I am running all Terran, I did accidentally open Fed missions twice yesterday 'cause they were the first ones that appear during the scroll and I was moving my fingers without thinking. The "whatever's on the left" theory has been floated before, and I think there's good cause to believe in it. Certainly not the entire reason why Fed is ahead so far, but I do think it contributes.

As for the seating... 2x Gunshow (plus 1 Gunshow from squad leader), 2x Sec 31 Georgiou, 2x Mirror Dax, and 1x Mirror Burnham. It would almost be wrong to run a faction other than Terran with this core lineup.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ran Federation missions for the kickstart (to get ancient films and orchids) but now exclusively run Terran missions (for polyalloys and alcohol). Not thawing out DC Worf hasn’t been a problem, thanks to Gun Show Picard, a 4/5* Emperor Georgiou, and Mirror Kirk.
  • Options
    mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭

I've got an immortalized mirror crusher running one of the DIP SCI seats. Also just got my Riva immortalized. Im finding that my Tholian Prisoner and Mirror Burnham are best at the other 2 seats.

(Im only running 4 shuttles this event as I burned up all my tokens in the last faction event)

I've got 3 S31 Georgious. So im clocking in decent %s now. But I havent event touched the following crew (in order of faction score)

Emperor Georgiou - 3/5 - COM SEC
    Mirror Dax - FF - SEC primary
    Captain Lorca - 2/5 - COM SEC
    Defiant Worf - FF - COM SEC and event crew...

Dont think I've even run an event where the event crew never made it onto a seat :(

My seats are for anyone interested
    Federation - Respects Paid - Mirror Crusher (FF) - Governer Worf (4/5) - S31 Georgiou (FF)
    Federation - Footsteps - Mirror Picard (FF) - Mirror Burnham (FF) - S31 Georgiou (FF)
    Terran - Nothing Left to Lose - Mirror Detmer (Squad Share 3/5) - Tholian (FF) - AOS Worf (2/5)
    Terran - Recovery - Riva (FF) - Mirror Picard (FF) - S31 Georgiou (FF)
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tend to just do one faction to save merits. This time around, the variety of skill combos is an added bonus.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm running 4-6 Terran shuttles at 93-97%, and haven't thawed a single bonus crew (including my 2 frozen copies of Defiant Commander Worf). The seats on Terran shuttles work well for my crew, I get lots of goodies (polyalloy***, polyalloy****, alcohol***, poisoned drink, terran emblem*), and I'll be able to run bonus Federation shuttles all next week.
  • Options
    Webberoni wrote: »
    I'm running 4-6 Terran shuttles at 93-97%, and haven't thawed a single bonus crew (including my 2 frozen copies of Defiant Commander Worf). The seats on Terran shuttles work well for my crew, I get lots of goodies (polyalloy***, polyalloy****, alcohol***, poisoned drink, terran emblem*), and I'll be able to run bonus Federation shuttles all next week.

shhh you'll change the swing-o-meter it's still very close ;)
  • Options
    I just watched Loud as a Whisper for the first time in more than twenty years.

The bit where Picard grabs Riva by the head is not his finest moment is it?! I'd be interested to know of Riva was successful with those factions.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just watched Loud as a Whisper for the first time in more than twenty years.

The bit where Picard grabs Riva by the head is not his finest moment is it?! I'd be interested to know of Riva was successful with those factions.

I would kinda like to know what those lasers had going on.

Should have made smooth, round holes. Not that weird slow motion evaporations........
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    oif4em2r7zxz.png
    y72xcjvswpnp.png
    hkyx8w9vkymv.png
    1slw1ecozl4t.png

Had lots of luck with the threshold 10 pull which gave me two worthwhile begolds. That luck has quickly evaporated with three 98% shuttles failing (didn’t screenshot the first). 😟
  • Options
    ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    When I tossed Riva out the airlock he kept moving his mouth as if to speak... I wonder what he was saying...
  • Options
    oif4em2r7zxz.png
    y72xcjvswpnp.png
    hkyx8w9vkymv.png
    1slw1ecozl4t.png

Had lots of luck with the threshold 10 pull which gave me two worthwhile begolds. That luck has quickly evaporated with three 98% shuttles failing (didn’t screenshot the first). 😟

Did Worf change outfits mid shuttle mission?
  • Options
    Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    oif4em2r7zxz.png
    y72xcjvswpnp.png
    hkyx8w9vkymv.png
    1slw1ecozl4t.png

Did Worf change outfits mid shuttle mission?

When they failed, I reset the shuttles and took screenshot then to show percentages.....obviously picked the wrong Worf, but percentage is basically the same.
  • Options
    calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else having issues with their shared crew?

I am using a shared 4/5 Detmer in a shuttle with Tholian Prisoner and Def Worf that has a 96% success rate. Prob is, this specific shuttle has failed 6 times for me this event. All my other shuttles (94%, 95% and 97%) have only failed once combined.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    4* Detmer wasn’t getting a bonus at the start. Maybe 5* Detmer is showing bonus but not actually getting it? Dunno. Otherwise, I’m sure you know the default answer... bad RNG. 🙁
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    This may be a little out of left field, but this was a little cruel irony today.

eujbqutat09w.png
    I want to become a Dilionaire...