Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Roj - 03/26

123457»

Comments

• Options
    calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    This may be a little out of left field, but this was a little cruel irony today.

eujbqutat09w.png

So... who was first to max?
  • Options
    4* Detmer wasn’t getting a bonus at the start. Maybe 5* Detmer is showing bonus but not actually getting it? Dunno. Otherwise, I’m sure you know the default answer... bad RNG. 🙁

The RNG engine in this game needs serious work. 6 fails in 1 mission while only 1 fail on all 3 others combined is possible, but highly unlikely.

And I experience so many “highly unlikely” occurrences (as do all of you) that tells me the RNG distribution in game is not acting right.

I know there are RNG apologists in this forum, and I really don’t want to “offend” them by bringing up my experiences, but this is an anomaly that would cause major red flags in any serious audit. This is why I brought it here to see if anyone else had experienced anything similar.
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    This may be a little out of left field, but this was a little cruel irony today.

eujbqutat09w.png

She may not even have a FTM yet. I won't know until I get mine tomorrow.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

eujbqutat09w.png

If Niners Ezri is appearing on the dabo already, there is a 100% chance there is already a FTM.
  • Options

eujbqutat09w.png

I thought you were showing that you won her...
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »

eujbqutat09w.png

If Niners Ezri is appearing on the dabo already, there is a 100% chance there is already a FTM.

Rare for anyone to get the legendary before it is out. Then it has to be gotten by someone with the dilithium, honor, and will to grab her and ff/fe her. I bet she has not been immortalized yet and will not be until Monday morning.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

eujbqutat09w.png

Rare for anyone to get the legendary before it is out. Then it has to be gotten by someone with the dilithium, honor, and will to grab her and ff/fe her. I bet she has not been immortalized yet and will not be until Monday morning.

I had Riker Odan pop up on Dabo the Wednesday before his event started. I figured I could have FTM’d him but the honor and dilithium would have been much better spent. Never desired to do it and never will

• Options
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

eujbqutat09w.png

I had Riker Odan pop up on Dabo the Wednesday before his event started. I figured I could have FTM’d him but the honor and dilithium would have been much better spent. Never desired to do it and never will

I get that for an Odan Riker but an Ezri would definitely be worth it.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭

eujbqutat09w.png

I am on board with @Bylo Band here. A prestige project like FTM nets a worth of zero dil for me personally.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭

eujbqutat09w.png

She's supposed to be in Center. Out of position again, Ezri...
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shy Khan wrote: »

eujbqutat09w.png

The phrase out of left field came about because Babe Ruth played right field. If you bought tickets in the left field bleachers you were considered out of the ordinary
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shy Khan wrote: »

eujbqutat09w.png

The phrase out of left field came about because Babe Ruth played right field. If you bought tickets in the left field bleachers you were considered out of the ordinary

I love trivia like this. Sinister is also related to the Left. Sinister means left-handed. In the middle ages, left-handed people were thought to be agents of Evil or the Devil. Thus, sinister came to mean dark or bad, when speaking of a person or their machinations.......
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    j93htu5mryow.png

Bylo was right, she was already immortalized. It would be good if when people are first to immortalize a crew member they got in Dabo that they then tell others in forum. Commander Sinclair or anyone else would have been out of thousands of dilithium if he had tried to immortalize her.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

eujbqutat09w.png

I am on board with @Bylo Band here. A prestige project like FTM nets a worth of zero dil for me personally.

I'm in the probably not worth it boat. If she had dropped via a free dabo spin, I might have used the honor since the card is good enough anyway, but I would never drop the dil.

Either way it looks like someone FTM her on Thursday. So it further proves my thinking to not throw DIL at a card without even knowing if you have a shot at FTM or not.
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »

eujbqutat09w.png

I'm in the probably not worth it boat. If she had dropped via a free dabo spin, I might have used the honor since the card is good enough anyway, but I would never drop the dil.

Either way it looks like someone FTM her on Thursday. So it further proves my thinking to not throw DIL at a card without even knowing if you have a shot at FTM or not.

Chances are that at least one of the people who gets the new Crew on Wednesday is gonna be willing to go for first.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sinister simply means left. Dexter is right. The terms are still used in heraldry. Ambidextrous is both right. Doesn't matter to me. I'm dyslexic and confuse left and right in English or Latin...or Spanish or German or Greek. Basically, I learn a language and get a new pair of directions to confuse. I do get starboard and port correct though.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Careful — when I made light of the fact that Riva doesn't speak, I got accused of making fun of the disabled. 🙄

Is he "disabled"? I thought his entire species was deaf.............
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just his extended family- the ruling one for his planet. The actor playing him was deaf and actually suggested the ending.
    You might be thinking of the episode "The Dark Page" with its planet of telepaths that learn to speak, after generations of not needing to.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    j93htu5mryow.png

Bylo was right, she was already immortalized. It would be good if when people are first to immortalize a crew member they got in Dabo that they then tell others in forum. Commander Sinclair or anyone else would have been out of thousands of dilithium if he had tried to immortalize her.

Putting someone in the dabo table before they're accessible in any capacity to the player base at large is ridiculous. I'll go one further and say even displaying FTM data has become ridiculous. Yeah, one of a dozen of our fellow players with a ton of resources and open time from 12:00 to 12:05 on the weekdays beat the rest of that dozen to the punch. Yay. Why not instead display when we max our own crews? That would at least acknowledge something we did ourselves.

I actually love that idea! But I also understand why those who got FTM would hate it.
  • Options
    j93htu5mryow.png

Putting someone in the dabo table before they're accessible in any capacity to the player base at large is ridiculous. I'll go one further and say even displaying FTM data has become ridiculous. Yeah, one of a dozen of our fellow players with a ton of resources and open time from 12:00 to 12:05 on the weekdays beat the rest of that dozen to the punch. Yay. Why not instead display when we max our own crews? That would at least acknowledge something we did ourselves.

Like most things related to... enticing players to spend dilithium/money in-game, ego plays a large part in it.
  • Options
    I think I got my issue with Mirror Keyla. It's the eye-roll. Makes her look like a petulent three year old, rolling her eyes because Daddy won't reach up and hand her the 🌕..........
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    j93htu5mryow.png

Like most things related to... enticing players to spend dilithium/money in-game, ego plays a large part in it.

Touché.