Home The Bridge
Options

Timelines Talks Charity Show, big Timelines giveaways! May 19th. See Recent post for details!

Comments

• Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Drat, missed it again! Stupid shopping...

P.S. This is the DS9 cover with the guitar solo @Captain Idol mentioned, right? (I can't imagine there are multiple ones...)

https://youtu.be/w1Ux34qQyn0
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    Weyoun 69Weyoun 69 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Good show again guys, Thanks as always!!

Just some feedback. At the start, your microphone levels are all over the place.
    @Captain Idol , either you need to turn your microphone up, or you need to decrease Stars', as it sounds like you are always whispering, and Stars is always shouting!!

I know it was adjusted in the stream, but I was going to say this last week, but this weeks audio levels were tough to get through on my headphones!!

Keep up the great work guys! Good luck with the move!!
  • Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weyoun 69 wrote: »
    Good show again guys, Thanks as always!!

Just some feedback. At the start, your microphone levels are all over the place.
    @Captain Idol , either you need to turn your microphone up, or you need to decrease Stars', as it sounds like you are always whispering, and Stars is always shouting!!

I know it was adjusted in the stream, but I was going to say this last week, but this weeks audio levels were tough to get through on my headphones!!

Keep up the great work guys! Good luck with the move!!

Yeh monitoring is hard my end as I only have the VU meters on Voicemeter to see how everyone is peaking. My microphone is monitored directly so I don't get the best impression of what level I am. If I monitor directly through OBS there is too much delay and becomes unpleasant to listen to. I played around with the levels recently for a zoom call and I think I upset something but luckily chat is always there to be our sound guys :smile:
  • Options
    Great job making through without Auto. I really enjoy the episode recaps you've done so far and hope you'll keep doing them occasionally.
  • Options
    Idol’s show is always good because it contains lots of anecdotal evidence of game-changing developments.
    “You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain”
    ― Musashi, Japan's Greatest Swordsman and Samurai
  • Options
    Has anyone seen this symbol before? It doesn't scream "Quantum Currency" or "Interstellar Medium" to me but I am curious...

x8vawsf7aulb.png
  • Options
    Ladybugs?
  • Options
    MicrohopperMicrohopper ✭✭✭✭
    How did you get that?
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like it appeared during a basic 10x pull, judging by the background- components and a 1* Nog.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    This weeks show for those that missed it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACyrtXOeZm8&feature=youtu.be

AND We can now confirm that Ben will be joining us on Feb 3rd to reveal the new Q1 Feature. Put that in your diary!
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    KyleA wrote: »
    Has anyone seen this symbol before? It doesn't scream "Quantum Currency" or "Interstellar Medium" to me but I am curious...

x8vawsf7aulb.png

You could have purchased it and been ahead of everyone.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    This weeks show for those that missed it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACyrtXOeZm8&feature=youtu.be

AND We can now confirm that Ben will be joining us on Feb 3rd to reveal the new Q1 Feature. Put that in your diary!

Cant wait!
  • Options

x8vawsf7aulb.png

Looks like the bugs from The Lion King sega game. (Hopefully not real bugs!)
    Going boldly since April 2020 | My Datacore profile
  • Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭

x8vawsf7aulb.png

...yknow i thought i had seen that before and then it hit me...maybe we'll be able to buy these :D

811JKDk463L._AC_SX425_.jpg
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Captain Idol Did Automaton begin to sing something at some point.......?
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    How long do we have to get in questions for Ben. A few people have brought up that hoarding comment. I'm hoping someone asks about it properly.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    How long do we have to get in questions for Ben. A few people have brought up that hoarding comment. I'm hoping someone asks about it properly.

Apologies I meant to mention this but the main bulk of the episode will probably be viewing the new feature and then we will finish up the Q&A questions that we didn't get time for last session so we won't be soliciting any new questions for this Q&A.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    @Captain Idol I keep getting video not available on the latest edition from the link posted. it works if navigate to the channel though.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    @Captain Idol I keep getting video not available on the latest edition from the link posted. it works if navigate to the channel though.

We hadn't allowed embedding on that one. Fixed, thanks.
  • Options
    Cpt_insano_2k1Cpt_insano_2k1 ✭✭✭✭✭

Apologies I meant to mention this but the main bulk of the episode will probably be viewing the new feature and then we will finish up the Q&A questions that we didn't get time for last session so we won't be soliciting any new questions for this Q&A.

So, just to be clear you mean that only the questions that had been submitted but not already answered for the last q&a with wrgben will be the ones gone over?

• Options

So, just to be clear you mean that only the questions that had been submitted but not already answered for the last q&a with wrgben will be the ones gone over?

I think I caught your questions just before we aired so it got included in the list we sent to WRG for this time.
  • Options
    Latest Show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9yFd9ngJBQ

Next week, Crew Retrieval with Ben!
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm super late on this, but I wanted to say thank you for asking my question about the Admiral Division rewards back during the Jan 6th show! :)
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1508 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    ALeeRocks wrote: »
    Thanks for another great show as always, guys! :smile: There was a lot of new stuff to discuss this week so I appreciate you covering all of it.

The mixed messages we are getting from TP/WRG concerning this debate of "to hoard or not to hoard" is fresh in everyone's minds, but the crew slots issue (which @Captain Idol brought up yesterday while discussing resource hoarding) that is as old as this game itself has never really been asked to WRG Ben. I remember the question of when the next crew slots sale is coming was asked once, but not:
    * Do crew slots restrictions still exist due to hardware/software limitations?
    * For this CCG, why do players have to pay a premium to create enough space for crew they worked so hard to acquire?
    * Since Crew Retrieval is apparently another way to earn crew, would this not only create more crew space issues?

Now I know due to time limitations you are not taking any more questions for Ben next week, but I am really surprised that the frustration that is crew slots has never been brought up in these Q&As...

As you say, the topic of slot sales has come up on stream, but I don't recall seeing specifics from community questions, just 'ask about slots'. If there's another Q&A down the line, I'll see about getting as thorough of an answer as we can from them.

And I believe the problem is getting even worse. The last slot sale was 5 months after the previous; the longest gap since they began them in mid-2017. And now we're already 4 months since that one. They're spacing them even further apart at a time when they're planning to unveil a way to acquire even more crew. Forget Quantum and ISM and whatever other currencies we have to juggle, many players won't even be able to interact with the system if they don't have room to 'retrieve' these crew.

Yep. And it makes absolutely zero sense. Its a card collecting game that has nearly 1000 unique cards, and releases ~3 new ones per week, and charges 3000 dilithium (or about $25.00 when not on sale/discount) for a measly 5 spots.

If this is a product of the “delicate balancing act” that is often brought up, then i think its safe to say that whoever is on the balance beam is piss drunk.

We are long overdue for free slots, especially with another mega event about to start!
  • Options
    Webberoni wrote: »
    ALeeRocks wrote: »
    Thanks for another great show as always, guys! :smile: There was a lot of new stuff to discuss this week so I appreciate you covering all of it.

The mixed messages we are getting from TP/WRG concerning this debate of "to hoard or not to hoard" is fresh in everyone's minds, but the crew slots issue (which @Captain Idol brought up yesterday while discussing resource hoarding) that is as old as this game itself has never really been asked to WRG Ben. I remember the question of when the next crew slots sale is coming was asked once, but not:
    * Do crew slots restrictions still exist due to hardware/software limitations?
    * For this CCG, why do players have to pay a premium to create enough space for crew they worked so hard to acquire?
    * Since Crew Retrieval is apparently another way to earn crew, would this not only create more crew space issues?

Now I know due to time limitations you are not taking any more questions for Ben next week, but I am really surprised that the frustration that is crew slots has never been brought up in these Q&As...

As you say, the topic of slot sales has come up on stream, but I don't recall seeing specifics from community questions, just 'ask about slots'. If there's another Q&A down the line, I'll see about getting as thorough of an answer as we can from them.

And I believe the problem is getting even worse. The last slot sale was 5 months after the previous; the longest gap since they began them in mid-2017. And now we're already 4 months since that one. They're spacing them even further apart at a time when they're planning to unveil a way to acquire even more crew. Forget Quantum and ISM and whatever other currencies we have to juggle, many players won't even be able to interact with the system if they don't have room to 'retrieve' these crew.

Yep. And it makes absolutely zero sense. Its a card collecting game that has nearly 1000 unique cards, and releases ~3 new ones per week, and charges 3000 dilithium (or about $25.00 when not on sale/discount) for a measly 5 spots.

If this is a product of the “delicate balancing act” that is often brought up, then i think its safe to say that whoever is on the balance beam is piss drunk.

We are long overdue for free slots, especially with another mega event about to start!

this!! :smiley:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!