Home The Bridge

Timelines Talks Charity Show, big Timelines giveaways! May 19th. See Recent post for details!

Comments

• UluruUluru ✭✭✭
    Do you have a summary what Ben said?
  • NoblemanDKNoblemanDK ✭✭✭✭
    Uluru wrote: »
    Do you have a summary what Ben said?

They will attempt to add or expand a collection on a monthly basis
    2 new currencies.
    Revealed which crew will be the 1000th
    Some new features will come(Didnt explain what though)

Thats just what i can remember right now
  • JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    -- What can we do to prepare for the "big change" coming on the 12th? Ben: "Save up your Premium Portal pulls"

It will probably be the solution to the all immortalized beholds. Maybe a further try should that happen. Or, which would be very impressive, they found a way so this does not happen anymore.
  • According to WRG Ben, this ginormous Q1 feature is "something that players have been requesting since the start of the game"...

So any guesses as to what this new game-changing feature is?
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    ALeeRocks wrote: »
    According to WRG Ben, this ginormous Q1 feature is "something that players have been requesting since the start of the game"...

The way he was dancing around it, it sounded to me like some way to pay for the crew you really desire. Like basically if you accumulate enough of these new currencies, you can go somewhere and pay for your white whales. I'm sure it's infinitely more complicated than that, but that's where my head went. Maybe a market where players can trade?
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    According to WRG Ben, this ginormous Q1 feature is "something that players have been requesting since the start of the game"...

The way he was dancing around it, it sounded to me like some way to pay for the crew you really desire. Like basically if you accumulate enough of these new currencies, you can go somewhere and pay for your white whales. I'm sure it's infinitely more complicated than that, but that's where my head went. Maybe a market where players can trade?

OMG I hope not. A market would be appreciated, no doubts. But I am hoping for CONTENT to employ my crew!
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oof, a market would be quite a letdown. A useful feature, sure, but not something to merit the hype.
  • Great show again guys! You balanced the issues and the sticky follow-up questions perfectly. I know some might not agree with that. However, excellent job. Glad you were able to get Ben on the stream.

I'm excited for the cite advice!
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭

I have been hoping for a market or exchange for a while and got a reply to an email that made me think something like that was in the works back...September...maybe. I'd like to be able to at least trade with my fleet mates.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021

I have been hoping for a market or exchange for a while and got a reply to an email that made me think something like that was in the works back...September...maybe. I'd like to be able to at least trade with my fleet mates.

I doubt it will be an exchange, but maybe a new currency that is earned by doing missions (or other various stuff in the game), which can allow crew to be bought in a way that is better than the current 50/100/200/1500/15k dil offer via faction shops.

Another game I play recently added a similar feature that allows players to buy specific crew, instead of just via random packs. The selection of available crew is limited and it refreshes every hour (or you can pay via premium in-game currency for extra refreshes). The big difference is that an existing in-game currency is used to purchase the crew you want.

If they want to control how the crew currency is obtained and/or avoid messing up the approximate exchange rates between all the existing currencies, I suppose the introduction of a new currency for this specific market would make sense. Much like we get the starbase currencies from running different missions, maybe this new currency gets added as just another drop.
  • HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZEKVIJKVCCRI DVUZLD = interstellar medium

Am I correct? Haven't slept much due to earthquakes, but this seems fine...
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aww, I can't believe i missed the on-air lambasting of the New England Patriots!

cnshobofuxds.jpg
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
    HaBlack wrote: »
    ZEKVIJKVCCRI DVUZLD = interstellar medium

Am I correct? Haven't slept much due to earthquakes, but this seems fine...

You are! It was confirmed in the streams, and I believe Ben also confirmed it was one of two new currencies.
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Three things i’d really like to see are...

A big trait fix update!! when was the last time we had one? the trait audit thread is there for a reason and i have no memory of the last time this happened... not to mention the thread in make it so isn’t being kept up to date...

A way to cancel shuttles, just bring your crew back immediately and that’s it, in case someone accidentally sends shuttles out the morning before a faction event (which i’ve done before lol)

I’d like some better compensation that 550 honor for airlocking a gold. they are priced so high in the game, it would make sense for something better to be the reward, because 550 honor doesn’t cut it for me.

just a couple things i thought of, what do y’all think? 🖖

I think you were late to send shuttles today :tongue:
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Three things i’d really like to see are...

A big trait fix update!! when was the last time we had one? the trait audit thread is there for a reason and i have no memory of the last time this happened... not to mention the thread in make it so isn’t being kept up to date...

A way to cancel shuttles, just bring your crew back immediately and that’s it, in case someone accidentally sends shuttles out the morning before a faction event (which i’ve done before lol)

I’d like some better compensation that 550 honor for airlocking a gold. they are priced so high in the game, it would make sense for something better to be the reward, because 550 honor doesn’t cut it for me.

I think you were late to send shuttles today :tongue:

I was actually busy this morning that’s why !! :neutral::wink:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    Three things i’d really like to see are...

This was addressed on the show. Ben stated that trait fixes, although relatively easy to fix were not a high priority fix (especially for crew like 1* Trill Riker) and for other crew where it might make more sense they would have to look at the balance of the crew. If they do some trait fixes it would take the place of a planned monthly collection, seeing as we have Klingon coming soon and one more for the following month I'd say they might do something like this in the Spring, unless it gets pushed down for another feature, bug, event or something more pressing.

This interview was good insight into the working environment of WRG and how they address things like this and what their general workflow it like.
  • dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Which the whole trait reply was BOGGLING to me. "This isn't hard" combined with "but we arent going to do it" shy of maybe dropping it into a random monthly update. Im glad their committing to a not regular calendar of updates, but if youre going to state that its a really thing to adjust, you take an hour and process those through, especially when the forums have typically done the leg work for you of debating which traits are missing and whether they're appropriate.
    dext74 wrote: »
    Which the whole trait reply was BOGGLING to me. "This isn't hard" combined with "but we arent going to do it" shy of maybe dropping it into a random monthly update. Im glad their committing to a not regular calendar of updates, but if youre going to state that its a really thing to adjust, you take an hour and process those through, especially when the forums have typically done the leg work for you of debating which traits are missing and whether they're appropriate.

Not to apologize for him, but I believe that the gist of what he was saying is that not all things that are easy are fast. It's relatively simple to turn a switch, but time consuming to make sure it's done properly. For example, we don't really need to see the male/female trait for every single crew. So there would still need to be combing through the traits, renaming some of them (q_jdl is kinda confusing), etc...easy stuff, but time that could be spent on other features or QOL improvements.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

Not to apologize for him, but I believe that the gist of what he was saying is that not all things that are easy are fast. It's relatively simple to turn a switch, but time consuming to make sure it's done properly. For example, we don't really need to see the male/female trait for every single crew. So there would still need to be combing through the traits, renaming some of them (q_jdl is kinda confusing), etc...easy stuff, but time that could be spent on other features or QOL improvements.

I was thinking along these lines, but a little differently. The coding sounded easy. Checking balance relative to other crew and groups with/without the trait was more time consuming. Evaluating each crew in the trait audit thread would be a much larger undertaking since they would be dealing with a constantly shifting balance.

Maybe I misunderstood. That's just where my brain went while he was talking.
    Farewell 🖖
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don’t forget that TP is working from home and that comes with an added difficulty:

su66isfd7sku.jpeg
    Let’s fly!
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

Changing the flag is easy. But checking balance takes time. If you remove a trait does that mean there are too few crew who is can clear a locked node? What do you tell the player who had been leveling that crew to clear the node. If you add a trait does that mean there are too many crew for a node they wanted to be hard. If that trait takes someone out of a trait collection what happens to everyone who already had the crew done? If you add a trait does that make a collection too easy? How much time do you need to spend testing the change to be sure a typo didn't accidentally break something else? These are all questions that they need to consider before making the change. And then ask themselves, is it worth it to delay the Q1 feature by x days so the trait can be fixed. Would players prefer a new mini event or have that time dedicated to fixing traits?
  • Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    Timelines Talks this week for that missed it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXZS9msI6w8