Home The Bridge
Options

Timelines Talks Charity Show, big Timelines giveaways! May 19th. See Recent post for details!

Comments

• Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »
    ALeeRocks wrote: »
    Thanks for another great show as always, guys! :smile: There was a lot of new stuff to discuss this week so I appreciate you covering all of it.

The mixed messages we are getting from TP/WRG concerning this debate of "to hoard or not to hoard" is fresh in everyone's minds, but the crew slots issue (which @Captain Idol brought up yesterday while discussing resource hoarding) that is as old as this game itself has never really been asked to WRG Ben. I remember the question of when the next crew slots sale is coming was asked once, but not:
    * Do crew slots restrictions still exist due to hardware/software limitations?
    * For this CCG, why do players have to pay a premium to create enough space for crew they worked so hard to acquire?
    * Since Crew Retrieval is apparently another way to earn crew, would this not only create more crew space issues?

Now I know due to time limitations you are not taking any more questions for Ben next week, but I am really surprised that the frustration that is crew slots has never been brought up in these Q&As...

As you say, the topic of slot sales has come up on stream, but I don't recall seeing specifics from community questions, just 'ask about slots'. If there's another Q&A down the line, I'll see about getting as thorough of an answer as we can from them.

And I believe the problem is getting even worse. The last slot sale was 5 months after the previous; the longest gap since they began them in mid-2017. And now we're already 4 months since that one. They're spacing them even further apart at a time when they're planning to unveil a way to acquire even more crew. Forget Quantum and ISM and whatever other currencies we have to juggle, many players won't even be able to interact with the system if they don't have room to 'retrieve' these crew.

Yep. And it makes absolutely zero sense. Its a card collecting game that has nearly 1000 unique cards, and releases ~3 new ones per week, and charges 3000 dilithium (or about $25.00 when not on sale/discount) for a measly 5 spots.

If this is a product of the “delicate balancing act” that is often brought up, then i think its safe to say that whoever is on the balance beam is piss drunk.

We are long overdue for free slots, especially with another mega event about to start!

We need a slot machine!
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Dabo!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    What time does the show start?
  • Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    What time does the show start?

In an hour!
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭

Do dailies to get ISMs. Use ISMs to scan for constellations. Use constellations to get polestars. Use polestars to get crew by trait but to do that you have to use quantum and/or credits.

Or.......just save honor to cite the crew you want and compete to get top 1500 in the events that give you the crew you want? Or buy the special portal packs to get the crew you want?

Did they seriously just spend months working on a new feature that already existed in the game in various other forms???

It could be a work-around for the Tuesday packs. I agree that I’m baffled by why this was a priority.
  • Options
    calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭

Do dailies to get ISMs. Use ISMs to scan for constellations. Use constellations to get polestars. Use polestars to get crew by trait but to do that you have to use quantum and/or credits.

Or.......just save honor to cite the crew you want and compete to get top 1500 in the events that give you the crew you want? Or buy the special portal packs to get the crew you want?

Did they seriously just spend months working on a new feature that already existed in the game in various other forms???

Let’s at least wait until after Ben gives us the demo before we attack.

A lot of what you say is accurate-ish, but we just need to wait about 3 hours and it will (or won’t) make even more sense.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    The stream will begin soon.
    If you have questions about Crew Retrieval please use the dedicated thread, thank you :)
  • Options
    CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭

The former at least is easier said than done. I’ve played for two years and never finished in the top 1500. Plus the odds of specific desired crew turning up in weekly events is rather slim, given there are nearly 1000 in the game.

It’s hopefully a bit of an improvement on buying packs in terms of cost and odds of getting crew you need.

I certainly would have liked a more substantial feature with new gameplay though.
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calhoun wrote: »

The former at least is easier said than done. I’ve played for two years and never finished in the top 1500. Plus the odds of specific desired crew turning up in weekly events is rather slim, given there are nearly 1000 in the game.

It’s hopefully a bit of an improvement on buying packs in terms of cost and odds of getting crew you need.

I certainly would have liked a more substantial feature with new gameplay though.

Its the future...I see "Incredible Value Polestar" pop up packs - $99.99. and "Great Value Limited Time Only" Constellation packs - $49.99......
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calhoun wrote: »

Its the future...I see "Incredible Value Polestar" pop up packs - $99.99. and "Great Value Limited Time Only" Constellation packs - $49.99......

“Sail the Starry Skies” ... no, and no to this new ...thing.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    You know what would be cool? For the company to provide synopses of these quasi-official communications in their own place. Just a thought.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    robownage wrote: »
    You know what would be cool? For the company to provide synopses of these in their own place. Just a thought.

You mean like they've done the last few times Ben has appeared? You're right, is is pretty cool.

I sit corrected, again.

P.S.: From now on, I will only read posts in that channel, since those are official communications from the company. LLAP
  • Options
    dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭

But don't forget, those offers are JUST FOR YOU as a special thanks for playing :)

• Options
    KPan [ISA]KPan [ISA] ✭✭✭✭
    Great show!
    I'm excited!
  • Options
    I need to register a complaint: I intended to watch the season finale of The Expanse tonight and instead I was riveted to your show. ;)
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great talk guys. Thanks to you and Ben for spending so much time.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this was the first one of these episodes i've watched, can you guys do more of the TNG screensaver and/or !waffle giveaways next time? :D very well done, and thanks to Ben for so much info!
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Appreciate you having Ben on. Him walking through the feature made it much more clear and understandable than what was available in writing. Think it helped that you guys seemed kinda baffled by parts of it too. Not a knock on Shan, but the feature is extremely convoluted.