Home The Bridge

Offer Wall feedback thread - Live now!

Comments

• starfoxstarfox ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    i updated and now i see it. i thought the game would auto update so it hadnt occurred to me to check for an update lol. i see some offers for like over 6k dil ! i got excited and was like hell ya ill watch a video but its not a video. i would have to download a new game and then play it for a while which i dont want to do.
    the offer wall doesnt bother me. its just not a feature ill play. however if the offer wall is sending my info or looking at my phones contents then i dont like the offer wall
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm up to 5k in free dil. Been a great time killer.
  • OomoxOomox ✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Oomox wrote: »
    @Shan - Not wishing to cause you any further personal grief on this matter, but this state of affairs is now not only worrying, it is also starting to anger.

Can you let us know please if there is an ETA on the deliberations of the Privacy team?

I do not have a definite ETA, but I am hoping before the end of the week.

Thank you.

• (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see more rewards in the offer wall that are downloading another game or downloading another game and playing to a certain level rather than all the surveys wanting information. Or at least a blend of the two.
    Let’s fly!
  • .•°rÅTT°•..•°rÅTT°•. ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Shan wrote: »
    I will not have an update this morning. I do not know when I will have more information to share, I hope before the end of the week.

I'm afraid I've had to cease all spending on the game until we know what the situation is. As well as reverting to the steam version of the game. I do hope this can be resolved sooner rather than later.

Ditto on the spending. I've got $35 that I want to spend, so it's a shame. If they run a good deal on dilithium while recap packs are up, I'll buy that too, if they can get this resolved by then.

Ditto.

No more monthly dilithium cards.
    No more Campaigns.
    No more event packs.

Not another € until this is resolved satisfactorily.

Answers to one of my earlier posts on this thread suggested money was the main reason TP have done this.

TP will now have to determine whose money is more valuable to them, in the short- and long-term.

Same here. Ive also decided that i will refrain from watching any ads for the double up/free spin. Drop in the bucket, but they will not be making any revenue off of me until this is dealt with.

I also stopped with the ads. It's unfortunate, but I've stopped watching the clock and setting timers. I've become less shackled to my phone.

Kind of amazing. A few weeks ago when I was expressing my fleets displeasure with the game and talking about boycotts I was told I was being too negative and that I was going to break the game. Amazing how mobs can shift directions so quickly. Anyway...

My Issue with this offer wall is the offers are just not worth persuing. If I have to spend weeks playing a game I don't want to play just to get 500ish Dil Whats the point? That's not a fair exchange. This is a long standing problem with this game. Peoples Money and Time are not valued enough by this game period.

Not going to comment on the Data Protection stuff here. Comment moderated. ~Shan[color]
  • Riker's islan{DD}Riker's islan{DD} ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    This just keeps getting worse:

- clicked on the offer wall and closed it
    - Popup in DIL store with more information button, clicked on that
    - Boom > Denied!!

My broadband provider considers the page with more information to be hosted on a site that is know for malware and phishing!

6z8r5elnwhce.jpeg
  • .•°rÅTT°•..•°rÅTT°•. ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    It COULD be a false positive.

Bit.do is just a URL shortener.
  • Hello!

iam not interested in this offer wall. The privacy problems are indeed **tsk tsk**! Please remove that feature. I really like datacore.app! And without this site the game is not the same! Think you lose more money in the long term with having such a **tsk tsk** feature that upsets your players!
  • DaevDaev ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Tilting Point have offices in Barcelona, Spain. Is there anyone from Spain here familiar with GPDR regs there and how to institute and direct a complaint from another EU member?

I believe that right now location etc maybe not relevant because if you open a ticket with support, they'll tell you (at least they told me) they follow GDPR. So if you make a request or a complaint, they'll be obliged to follow the law and deal with it. So I would suggest you do that.

I have a formal GDPR request in with support and I'm waiting on a response.
  • OomoxOomox ✭✭✭
    Daev wrote: »
    Tilting Point have offices in Barcelona, Spain. Is there anyone from Spain here familiar with GPDR regs there and how to institute and direct a complaint from another EU member?

I believe that right now location etc maybe not relevant because if you open a ticket with support, they'll tell you (at least they told me) they follow GDPR. So if you make a request or a complaint, they'll be obliged to follow the law and deal with it. So I would suggest you do that.

I have a formal GDPR request in with support and I'm waiting on a response.

Thanks for your reply - much appreciated. I'll certainly do as you suggest.

However I would still want the option of sanction if (when?) that approach fails, hence the specific request about Spain, since as I understand it, that sanction would be brought under Catalan/Spanish law.

Can I ask you to consider sharing the replies from Support to your request with the Community?
  • DaevDaev ✭✭✭
    Can I ask you to consider sharing the replies from Support to your request with the Community?

Yup, I've posted a slightly paraphrased version in this thread up above. I have it in my mind that sharing responses from support is against the rules of the forum so I'm also trying to respect that.

I'll certainly be posting whatever I can when I get the next response.

I can't speak to the specific Spanish request, hopefully someone else can :)
  • OomoxOomox ✭✭✭
    Daev wrote: »

Yup, I've posted a slightly paraphrased version in this thread up above. I have it in my mind that sharing responses from support is against the rules of the forum so I'm also trying to respect that.

I'll certainly be posting whatever I can when I get the next response.

I can't speak to the specific Spanish request, hopefully someone else can :)

Excellent points all - thank you.
  • starfoxstarfox ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    im not too clued up on how my info gets taken from my phone and where it goes. i didnt even consider that was happening while playing this game until i read this thread. the sisko1 said he got like 5k dil for free and i want that too lol. i scrolled through the offers and saw a survey but then i remembered this thread and kind of got paranoid. i dont want to download and play another game; i only play timelines so i thought doin a survey would be the easiest. what kind of questions do they ask and are there risks to the private info on my phone like credit card numbers ?
  • starfox wrote: »
    im not too clued up on how my info gets taken from my phone and where it goes. i didnt even consider that was happening while playing this game until i read this thread. the sisko1 said he got like 5k dil for free and i want that too lol. i scrolled through the offers and saw a survey but then i remembered this thread and kind of got paranoid. i dont want to download and play another game; i only play timelines so i thought doin a survey would be the easiest. what kind of questions do they ask and are there risks to the private info on my phone like credit card numbers ?

The surveys are the worst from what I heard, I would suggest to stay clear of them.
  • starfoxstarfox ✭✭✭
    dang. thanks for the heads up on surveys. i wont be doing it
  • There's no such thing as a "reputable URL shortener".

That evokes another misbegotten saying: The only way to stop a bad guy with a url shortener is...

Well, you get the idea.
  • =j= Zathras=j= Zathras ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    My point was that any URL shortener can be used by ne'er-do-wells. I stand by that. URL shortener services have come a long way since the early days, but people still use them to hide sketchy destinations. Therefore, the place to tighten up your security isn't in your choice of shorteners, but in other protective mechanisms, such as practicing safe browsing habits. One of those habits is hovering over the URL--but if someone is using a shortener, I take a hard pass and maybe Google another route to the legit content.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    starfox wrote: »

I’ve tried replying to this comment in full several times but keep getting “there was a problem processing your request”. Short answer: the surveys ask for way more info than you should ever give people over the Internet.
  • I almost stopped playing on my phone when we were getting all of those trashy gambling ads. The only reason I initially gave Timelines a chance was because it did not feel like all those other tacky gacha games. The Offer Wall is out of sight out of mind for me, but I may reconsider playing the game if I hear predatory things about it.

Why does it have to be so grand? Can you not simply tweak the original ad system?