Home The Bridge

Offer Wall feedback thread - Live now!

Comments

• Dalisair75Dalisair75 ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Shan wrote: »
    Creating this discussion for feedback for the Offer Wall that should go live later this week, for android and iOS only.

*links deleted so I could post*
    ;
    I will update this thread once the feature goes live.

These "offers" have a huge chance to sell personal information. I know I had bought ONE thing through an offer on a game and that email suddenly started getting TONS of spam. This is just awful. I'm assuming its administered through "tapjoy" or similar? Customer service is a joke. Once I decided that would be a spam account I started doing other offers. And very often they would ask for proof, and receipts weren't enough. They make you jump through so many hoops. And always use that same email on purchases...

Edit: yep. Just what I thought.
  • SlickSlick ✭✭✭
    I just pick the simple ones that say "open the app" and have no issues. I just remove them once i get inboxed my loot. I will keep doing those as I find them. I'm not interested in investing my time and effort reaching milestones in other games to get the dilithium.

But those surveys...they need to be banned. Too many red flags to count. All of your complaints about these are definitely warranted.
    Fleet Admiral - Dazed & Confused 🤸🤸🙃 We are still waiting for Enterprise B, the Delta Flyer, and a Runabout! We should also have a TNG season 1 red shirt LT JG Worf, and a "Far Beyond The Stars" DS9 episode crew collection!
  • Me [AUS] wrote: »
    cxekg4yxkdvd.png
    So if i need to purchase stuff in other games how is that free dilithium?

On apple, we don't get install a game offers as that's a TOS issue with Apple. Soooo... this is not only unbalancing by country but also device.

That sounds really messed up...
  • Now I am really upset. I once again clicked one offer and then checked the privacy settings. There is an endless list of permissions and most were checked. I unchecked them but I do not even know if by submitting I agree to the ones that are "essential". TP please clarify!8njxwg1hrfxn.jpeg
    kkdroucp62vz.jpeg
    qcxjqg2cm5c3.jpeg
    mlv1hfygbkms.jpeg

Even worse, you can't easily check this in Apple devices. How predatory.
  • Most of these offers are a labyrinth of questions and malware websites for a dewdrop of DIL. The non-free offers are mostly getting bonus dil that's around market value for buying something or donating to a charity. I've seen this before in other mobile/facebook games. Most are duds or not worth it.
  • S31 wrote: »
    With many thousands of dilithium on the line with these offers, that has insane potential to be abused. That is my primary concern at the moment and I hope that next week's overview will address that, or soon thereafter.

That's the only reason I went public with it on this forum. Sad that one must resort to such measures in order to get the attention the issue needs.

That's also an invitation for people to stop contacting me asking how to do it. If you've interacted with me for 5 minutes in the past, you should know that I'm not going to tell you. The point is to *end* the exploit, not more widely share it.

But if everyone knows how to exploit it then it's not an exploit anymore and since TP will lose their money they will fix that as soon as possible.

Well, it is still an "exploit". Not every player has the glitch. It's kind of like TP adding a new feature during an Event that directly advantages only players on certain platforms......

Kinda like the offer wall only allowing downloads of apps on android but not Apple...
  • Slick wrote: »
    I just pick the simple ones that say "open the app" and have no issues. I just remove them once i get inboxed my loot. I will keep doing those as I find them. I'm not interested in investing my time and effort reaching milestones in other games to get the dilithium.

But those surveys...they need to be banned. Too many red flags to count. All of your complaints about these are definitely warranted.

Unfortunately the app ones aren't available on iOS.
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dalisair75 wrote: »
    Now I am really upset. I once again clicked one offer and then checked the privacy settings. There is an endless list of permissions and most were checked. I unchecked them but I do not even know if by submitting I agree to the ones that are "essential". TP please clarify!8njxwg1hrfxn.jpeg
    kkdroucp62vz.jpeg
    qcxjqg2cm5c3.jpeg
    mlv1hfygbkms.jpeg

Even worse, you can't easily check this in Apple devices. How predatory.
    My screenshots are from Safari on the iPad, directly from the provider page.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Most of these offers are a labyrinth of questions and malware websites for a dewdrop of DIL. The non-free offers are mostly getting bonus dil that's around market value for buying something or donating to a charity. I've seen this before in other mobile/facebook games. Most are duds or not worth it.

There's some decent ones on android, I've earned over 7000 dil now by playing other games and I've spent maybe 10 bucks. The surveys are the only ones I've found sketchy.
    edited June 2020
    Btw even EA seems to have understood that these surveys are a bad idea. Here is a comparison from a different game vs. STT:

fgmxq628p557.png
    nyr0wg06jo8i.png
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well that's interesting, I just got a spam phone call from Carphone Warehouse...I never get spam calls...
    Well that's interesting, I just got a spam phone call from Carphone Warehouse...I never get spam calls...

But STT has no access to your phone number, does it? This might be an incident.
  • Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭

No I'm probably overreacting on this but it's highly unusual for me to get anything but work calls. This one came from Germany and tried to sell me an Iphone 11...
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

No I'm probably overreacting on this but it's highly unusual for me to get anything but work calls. This one came from Germany and tried to sell me an Iphone 11...

Although correlation =/= causation, the timing is incredibly suspect.

And something that a safety course instructor once told me and the rest of our class multiple times comes to mind: we can always be safer. Now, that was in the context of avoiding slips/trips/falls, electrical issues, bloodborne pathogens, and the like in a workplace setting, of course, but there’s no reason it can’t apply to security of personal identifying information as well.
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020

You re aware, that many „spam phone operators/companies“ use random phone number generators and dial until they hit something? Doesn t mean ur number leaked anywhere, or did they know ur name or other personal data?
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • But STT has no access to your phone number, does it? This might be an incident.

Depending on your mobile network, your phone number can be forwarded as a value to websites if you navigate via your mobile, I've no idea with regard to apps though.
  • In addition to the other concerns,

Why are some of the same exact offers (games) awarding different amounts of dilithium to different people?

Play the same game to the same level, but some people get a lot more dil for it.
  • In addition to the other concerns,

Why are some of the same exact offers (games) awarding different amounts of dilithium to different people?

Play the same game to the same level, but some people get a lot more dil for it.

That could be a research thing. "We got X people to pick this one at 500 dil, Y picked this other version at 800, no one picked this still other version even at 1000." Then you can see if your ads make any difference.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, pull back, take a deep breath, pause and reflect. Like @Prime Lorca [10FH] said, we may not get the word from on high until later this week. Let’s be cool, y’all.

My pitchfork & torch are ready, though.

This link is for @DScottHewitt, @(HGH)Apollo and anyone else here who digs space (I do):

https://youtu.be/forqmom3YuY

P.S.: They all work for NASA.

That is awesome cool!!!!!!!

🖖🏿🖖🏽🖖🏼🖖🏻🖖
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • OomoxOomox ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    @Shan - Not wishing to cause you any further personal grief on this matter, but this state of affairs is now not only worrying, it is also starting to anger.

Can you let us know please if there is an ETA on the deliberations of the Privacy team?
  • starfoxstarfox ✭✭✭
    hi , i dont see the offer wall. im on a samsung s7. i went to the dilithium section in the time portal but i dont see it.
  • Seven ConstanzaSeven Constanza ✭✭✭✭
    starfox wrote: »
    hi , i dont see the offer wall. im on a samsung s7. i went to the dilithium section in the time portal but i dont see it.

Do you have an adblocker running on your device? That might be preventing the free dilithium button from showing up.
  • starfoxstarfox ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    hi thanks for the reply, no adblockers on my phone. maybe im not looking in the correct place in the game but i checked all over the various sections and dont see any button for offer wall. i mean ive been reading some pretty bad things about it so now im curious what its all about.
    i just rechecked the dilithium section and i dont see it
  • [GoT] Gabe [GoT] Gabe ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    starfox wrote: »
    hi thanks for the reply, no adblockers on my phone. maybe im not looking in the correct place in the game but i checked all over the various sections and dont see any button for offer wall. i mean ive been reading some pretty bad things about it so now im curious what its all about.
    i just rechecked the dilithium section and i dont see it

You're seriously better off waiting until TP make an official announcement about the Offer Wall but, if you're dying to try it out, the obvious question is if you have updated the game?
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from Itself
    Fleet Admiral

For more info on us, check our wiki page:
    https://sttwiki.org/wiki/Fleet_Guardians_of_Tomorrow

GoT Bot server: https://discord.gg/R8QzpjW
    All are welcome to join and use the Bot.
  • I would rather not have this added to the game, not necessary and I want to be able to use the datacore and not this useless junk!