Home The Bridge

Offer Wall feedback thread - Live now!

Comments

• W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's the link to the consumer protection complaint for the State of New York.
    https://www.dos.ny.gov/consumerprotection/form/ComplaintForm1.asp
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • It must just be me - I'm running a Galaxy S9 (android) and play every day - and I have yet to see anything that resembles an offer wall or link to such. I have logged out and back in just to make sure, but, nope, nothing going on here. Did I miss something?
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dalisair75 wrote: »
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    Which is why I wonder why they chose to use a well documented poor reputation link shortner.
    Probably the same reason they chose to go with a well documented poor reputation company like Ironsource.

2jiddr.jpg

@Dalisair75 Stop trying to rile people up.

If you have nothing positive to add to the conversation....then move on.

Actually, the burn being acknowledged is looking more and more accurate......

🖖🖖🏻🖖🏼🖖🏽🖖🏿
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • starfoxstarfox ✭✭✭
    It must just be me - I'm running a Galaxy S9 (android) and play every day - and I have yet to see anything that resembles an offer wall or link to such. I have logged out and back in just to make sure, but, nope, nothing going on here. Did I miss something?

i was in the same boat and did not see the offer wall. you have to manually update the game . for some reason i thought the game auto updated but it didnt . once you update you will see the little offer wall button in the buy dilithium section .
    man i really want all that free dil thesisko1 is earning from the offers lol. i just dont want to install all those apps but seeing how much hes earning by doing those offers is tempting me. then i read this thread and learn a lot about stealing data and the dangers and i cant get myself to do it.
    Did good for a bit and then bounced me playing arena. Come on fix it! Cleaning the litter box is starting to sound like more fun.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Haere LinteseregHaere Lintesereg ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Oomox wrote: »
    Aside from that, it'll take me a month to navigate the Spanish site properly. Google translate will be busy ;-))

You can make the claim here: https://sedeagpd.gob.es/sede-electronica-web/vistas/formNuevaReclamacion/nuevaReclamacion.jsf?QID=Q500&ce=0

Unfortunately, only Spaniards citizens or foreign residents can make a complaint (in your personal dates, they ask for your ID card or passport), and you only can make the complaint online if you have the digital signature and you also need an special app for the digital signature from the Ministry of Finance. The burocracy here is a crazy thing.

It's still possible to make the complaint in paper format, though. But you need the specific details of the company, like the business name that uses in Spain, etc...
  • OomoxOomox ✭✭✭
    Oomox wrote: »
    Aside from that, it'll take me a month to navigate the Spanish site properly. Google translate will be busy ;-))

You can make the claim here: https://sedeagpd.gob.es/sede-electronica-web/vistas/formNuevaReclamacion/nuevaReclamacion.jsf?QID=Q500&ce=0

Unfortunately, only Spaniards citizens or foreign residents can make a complaint (in your personal dates, they ask for your ID card or passport), and you only can make the complaint online if you have the digital signature and you also need an special app for the digital signature from the Ministry of Finance. The burocracy here is a crazy thing.

It's still possible to make the complaint in paper format, though. But you need the specific details of the company, like the business name that uses in Spain, etc...

Thank you so much for this very constructive and helpful information. I guess I'll be making my complaint in hardcopy, but at least then there is a paper trail, which is always helpful.

Thanks once again.
    robownage wrote: »
    Did good for a bit and then bounced me playing arena. Come on fix it! Cleaning the litter box is starting to sound like more fun.

I see you've reported it in the Engineering Room - that's the right place for these comments. Shan will see them here, but it'll distract from the issues with the Offer Wall and only slow her down as she tries to make sure she doesn't miss any important comments.

But I've been complaining about this in the Engineering Room for THREE MONTHS and have gotten nothing for it. The forced update, containing the OFFER WALL they already had complaints against, has made it worse. That is why I added it to THIS thread.
    They have worsened an already bad and known problem with another problem on top of it. If I had survey offers, I would fill them out and use TP's offices as my mailing address. Maybe if they got all our junkmail, they would rethink things.
  • Riker's islan{DD}Riker's islan{DD} ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

🖖🖖🏻🖖🏼🖖🏽🖖🏿

As a long time & high ranking player, I expect more from you

As a much more active person on the forum, I certainly expect more from you, becuase you know what its like to have threads shut down duy to lack of civilty.

The original reply to my post was not taken as burn or any ill form, rather more a good natured tongue-in-cheek response

The reference to a burn, was taken as a weak attempt to rile me, which is poor behaviour, especially in this case, where the post subject is too important to make personal & affects all players.

You dont know me from Adam...so have no idea what gets me riled, so please dont try....I am not upset in slightetst. I just feel sad that I have to spell things out slowly to the children, and get them to focus to the bigger picture when all they want to do is stick there fingers up their noses.....

lastly, if you feel the need to try to rile - go for it, you fill your boots........
  • Well, since we keep getting told "We don't know anything yet", and now people on some platforms {at least} are getting forced Updates to include the Offer Wall, I think we DO have our answer. Which legal agencies should we consider contacting as customers in the United States?!?!?

Good place to start: https://www.privacyshield.gov/welcome

DB listing on Privacy Shield site: https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt0000000TOPeAAO&status=Active

TP / WRG is not listed,

IronSource is not listed
  • ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »

🖖🖖🏻🖖🏼🖖🏽🖖🏿

As a much more active person on the forum, I certainly expect more from you, becuase you know what its like to have threads shut down duy to lack of civilty.

The original reply to my post was not taken as burn or any ill form, rather more a good natured tongue-in-cheek response

The reference to a burn, was taken as a weak attempt to rile me, which is poor behaviour, especially in this case, where the post subject is too important to make personal & affects all players.

You dont know me from Adam...so have no idea what gets me riled, so please dont try....I am not upset in slightetst. I just feel sad that I have to spell things out slowly to the children, and get them to focus to the bigger picture when all they want to do is stick there fingers up their noses.....

lastly, if you feel the need to try to rile - go for it, you fill your boots........

Sorry to wade into the conversation, but as a reader not involved in the back-and-forth, I got the impression that the 'burn' was directed at TP, for directly/indirectly making several dubious decisions (partnering with IronSource and utilizing a questionable URL shortener).

I didn't see the 'burn' being directed at you or any other poster, unless I'm grossly mistaken.... in which case, please carry on with the unnecessary public bickering...

It was certainly intended as a dig at TP, based on their dubious business practices and their choice of equally dubious business partners. It was not directed at anyone on these forums.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

🖖🖖🏻🖖🏼🖖🏽🖖🏿

Sorry to wade into the conversation, but as a reader not involved in the back-and-forth, I got the impression that the 'burn' was directed at TP, for directly/indirectly making several dubious decisions (partnering with IronSource and utilizing a questionable URL shortener).

I didn't see the 'burn' being directed at you or any other poster, unless I'm grossly mistaken.... in which case, please carry on with the unnecessary public bickering...
    ChaosChild wrote: »

🖖🖖🏻🖖🏼🖖🏽🖖🏿

It was certainly intended as a dig at TP, based on their dubious business practices and their choice of equally dubious business partners. It was not directed at anyone on these forums.

This. I'm sorry I was unclear that the burn I was acknowledging was the one on DB/TP/WRG/WTWBCNW.

It is abundantly clear that the company that showed a decent amount of consideration for the players, has been replaced by a company who is only interested in jumping into bed with a third party with a "questionable" reputation, because all they see is the mattress stuffed with cash. There is also the "minor" issue that TP's "help" desk is listed as MALWARE. No worries about me ruining the "civility" of this thread. Y'all enjoy it......

Audi 5000
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure this has been previously echoed in the thread, but I did a few of these quiz/surveys and have since been inundated with spam.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now I am really upset. I once again clicked one offer and then checked the privacy settings. There is an endless list of permissions and most were checked. I unchecked them but I do not even know if by submitting I agree to the ones that are "essential". TP please clarify!8njxwg1hrfxn.jpeg
    kkdroucp62vz.jpeg
    qcxjqg2cm5c3.jpeg
    mlv1hfygbkms.jpeg

Even worse, you can't easily check this in Apple devices. How predatory.
    My screenshots are from Safari on the iPad, directly from the provider page.

How do I get to this then? I need to turn stuff off.

I got there from a survey site, it was only for this site. Now I only get to Yuno, their site is different, and there is no such option.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Not sure if this should go in this thread or the other, delete if it's in the wrong place:

A fleet mate just told us that a couple hours after doing an offer, where he did not provide his personal email address,

someone else in a different continent signed him up for a Spotify account with his personal email address.

There's no evidence that it was related to the offer wall other than the timing.

Still baffled this went live while the bug was still in the wild too.