Home The Bridge

Offer Wall feedback thread - Live now!

Comments

• DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    Which is why I wonder why they chose to use a well documented poor reputation link shortner.
    Probably the same reason they chose to go with a well documented poor reputation company like Ironsource.

💲💲💲💲💲💲💲💲💲💲💲💲💲💲💲💲💲💲💲
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've tried staying out but here it goes.... Avoid the surveys. Beyond that there is no real data of significance that can be shared as TP doesn't have anything critical from me short of the typical stuff browsers can farm (IP, Device, etc....) Outside of that you provided next to nothing to access the game. So as long as you're not a fool and give all the data to a survey who cares.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    I've tried staying out but here it goes.... Avoid the surveys. Beyond that there is no real data of significance that can be shared as TP doesn't have anything critical from me short of the typical stuff browsers can farm (IP, Device, etc....) Outside of that you provided next to nothing to access the game. So as long as you're not a fool and give all the data to a survey who cares.

Sadly not everyone is that bright
  • The idea of an offer wall doesn't bother me. But the implementation of this one alarms me. I looked at the offers and almost all of them are from buggy, potentially malicious websites. I did one "10 question survey" which seemed ok, but it actually had 50 questions in it.
    It's become clear to me that this was not a worthwhile use of my time, considering the dubious nature of the offers.
  • ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    [DCC] bebe wrote: »
    This just keeps getting worse:

- clicked on the offer wall and closed it
    - Popup in DIL store with more information button, clicked on that
    - Boom > Denied!!

My broadband provider considers the page with more information to be hosted on a site that is know for malware and phishing!

6z8r5elnwhce.jpeg

This is not the first report of ISP providers doing this. Malware apps have also raised flags.

Sadly, it appears that TP/WRG has ALREADY made their decision because they (it seems) sent the Amazon version, which dropped today, as a forced update. This is reprehensible considering that what we've been told here is that they are still trying to figure it out and will get back to us.

Is it a forced update or just an automatic one? I'm not familiar with how Amazon works as opposed to other Android platforms.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oomox wrote: »
    Shan wrote: »
    I will not have an update this morning. I do not know when I will have more information to share, I hope before the end of the week.

I'm afraid I've had to cease all spending on the game until we know what the situation is. As well as reverting to the steam version of the game. I do hope this can be resolved sooner rather than later.

Ditto on the spending. I've got $35 that I want to spend, so it's a shame. If they run a good deal on dilithium while recap packs are up, I'll buy that too, if they can get this resolved by then.

Ditto.

No more monthly dilithium cards.
    No more Campaigns.
    No more event packs.

Not another € until this is resolved satisfactorily.

Answers to one of my earlier posts on this thread suggested money was the main reason TP have done this.

TP will now have to determine whose money is more valuable to them, in the short- and long-term.

Same here. Ive also decided that i will refrain from watching any ads for the double up/free spin. Drop in the bucket, but they will not be making any revenue off of me until this is dealt with.

I also stopped with the ads. It's unfortunate, but I've stopped watching the clock and setting timers. I've become less shackled to my phone.

Kind of amazing. A few weeks ago when I was expressing my fleets displeasure with the game and talking about boycotts I was told I was being too negative and that I was going to break the game. Amazing how mobs can shift directions so quickly. Anyway...

My Issue with this offer wall is the offers are just not worth persuing. If I have to spend weeks playing a game I don't want to play just to get 500ish Dil Whats the point? That's not a fair exchange. This is a long standing problem with this game. Peoples Money and Time are not valued enough by this game period.

Not going to comment on the Data Protection stuff here. Israeli companies are already spying on me through my bank. So it is what it is.

I would like to know how Israeli companies are spying on you through your bank.
    Farewell 🖖
  • edited July 2020
    From the screenshot that our, now sadly, ex-fleetmate shared it was a forced update. They were not allowed to even log into the game to leave the fleet or say goodbye without updating. Thay had to communicate this through Discord.
    [DCC] bebe
    Privileged to be Admiral of the Great Fleet
    Dilithium Causes Cancer, maxed Starbase level 134
    Featuring photonic flee free holodecks and
    All you can drink Neelix's Even Better Than Coffee Substitute!
  • edited July 2020
    Daev wrote: »
    Tilting Point have offices in Barcelona, Spain. Is there anyone from Spain here familiar with GPDR regs there and how to institute and direct a complaint from another EU member?

I believe that right now location etc maybe not relevant because if you open a ticket with support, they'll tell you (at least they told me) they follow GDPR. So if you make a request or a complaint, they'll be obliged to follow the law and deal with it. So I would suggest you do that.

I have a formal GDPR request in with support and I'm waiting on a response.

The issue is not about raising a ticked with the company but with the regulatory body for the Data Protection Act , which is - as the company also operates from Spain - this Spanish state institution:

Agencia Espanola de Protección de Datos (AEPD)
    C/Jorge Juan, 6
    E - 28001 Madrid
    Phone + 34 901 100 099
    Homepage: https://www.agpd.es/

European Authorities can award a penalty easily if 10% of the revenue or more than a few million € ... so, trying to make quick money with this “offer wall” can backfire easily!
    Looking for a fine fleet? With the game having reached the age of a small child, players went and newly joined. We are an active fleet and are also connected in friendship with Klingons. Grab your daily starbase donations. Get your daily Fleet Boss Battles rewards guaranteed? Chat about Trek? Want more than just the game? Consider joining [TLA] "The Liberal Alliance"Contact me in-game [TLA] Khazaan or even better on the LINE app, handle also "khazaan".
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've gotten addicted to the offers 😁
    Luckily I don't have the survey option and can use apps.pkald7d5110k.png
  • Wikileaks‽ *joking*

With more than 17 US state agencies who are in the spy game (NSA and such just the biggest), it somehow appears to me that private companies nowadays try to justify their bad behaviour if data collection and making private data a business model by thinking they are allowed to and are relevant (what’s relevant we do see now in this COVUD pandemic).

Sorry, not a productive comment - I have no idea about data protection rights/ customer rights in the USA.

But as my understanding is, we agreed to some standards of handling our data with Disruptor Beam. With the transfer of business to Tilting Point, the same data protection and user contract is valid. I didn’t sign a new agreement to sell or SHARE my data with other companies like Iron Shield , so no consent = violation of the agreement

Well, since we keep getting told "We don't know anything yet", and now people on some platforms {at least} are getting forced Updates to include the Offer Wall, I think we DO have our answer. Which legal agencies should we consider contacting as customers in the United States?!?!

Looking for a fine fleet? With the game having reached the age of a small child, players went and newly joined. We are an active fleet and are also connected in friendship with Klingons. Grab your daily starbase donations. Get your daily Fleet Boss Battles rewards guaranteed? Chat about Trek? Want more than just the game? Consider joining [TLA] "The Liberal Alliance"Contact me in-game [TLA] Khazaan or even better on the LINE app, handle also "khazaan".
  • .•°rÅTT°•..•°rÅTT°•. ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

Bank pushes extra security software that logs keystrokes and sends them to a security company based in Israel.
    Deep discussions occurring regarding this issue with the legal team...

n5mh3uvj480r.jpg

The Offer Wall is a Victim of Soicumstance!

• Well, Kindle demanded I update Timelines and the wall has appeared. My game has crashed four times since and froze once. If this is not straightened out for the event, and it was already bad about crashing before, I will go on the warpath. I'm 3/4 Scots-Irish out of Kentucky. Decades long blood feuds that wipe out whole families make sense to us.
    Edit- Five times.
    Edit- And Six- didn't even get past the start up cycle.
    Edit- Seven- was still on the splash! I buy stuff with actual money on here. Depriving me of rightful access to that which I pay for is defined as theft in this state and I WILL pursue felony charges. State police is three blocks down and i know a trooper there. I have turned in phone, mail, and electronic scams to them before.

welp looks like i best hope STO undeletes my characters
  • CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

This is one of my main gripes. All I get on iOS is a bunch of surveys, which mine data and give stuff-all dil (indeed, often none at all because they cut out part way through).

A disparity between platforms in an event was enough for an update to be rolled back and compensation given, yet TP are deliberately introducing a feature which gives one platform a chance to get a stack of dil relatively easy, while others can get little or none.
  • Calhoun wrote: »

This is one of my main gripes. All I get on iOS is a bunch of surveys, which mine data and give stuff-all dil (indeed, often none at all because they cut out part way through).

A disparity between platforms in an event was enough for an update to be rolled back and compensation given, yet TP are deliberately introducing a feature which gives one platform a chance to get a stack of dil relatively easy, while others can get little or none.

Not to try to belittle your gripe...

I couldn't help but stifle a laugh when I read this. For years I complained about The Portal Bug (could not see what beholds were pulled thereby freezing me out of the game.) The CS response to the bug - genuinely - was "buy an iPhone, it works on that platform". I read yours and thought their advice now is probably "buy an Android".

Genuinely not trying to troll, just reminded me of a past grievance of mine. 🙂
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

Bank pushes extra security software that logs keystrokes and sends them to a security company based in Israel.

So just one Israeli company, or is it getting shared from there? Logging keystrokes seems shady af. That would make me strongly consider another bank.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Dalisair75 wrote: »
    Now I am really upset. I once again clicked one offer and then checked the privacy settings. There is an endless list of permissions and most were checked. I unchecked them but I do not even know if by submitting I agree to the ones that are "essential". TP please clarify!8njxwg1hrfxn.jpeg
    kkdroucp62vz.jpeg
    qcxjqg2cm5c3.jpeg
    mlv1hfygbkms.jpeg

Even worse, you can't easily check this in Apple devices. How predatory.
    My screenshots are from Safari on the iPad, directly from the provider page.

How do I get to this then? I need to turn stuff off.
  • ChaosChild wrote: »
    Which is why I wonder why they chose to use a well documented poor reputation link shortner.
    Probably the same reason they chose to go with a well documented poor reputation company like Ironsource.

2jiddr.jpg
  • Calhoun wrote: »

Seriously. Might as well give Apple users a separate server at this point since we can't compete.
  • DaevDaev ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

While I want to be clear that I have the very highest regard for the men and women who work in Support, I have attempted to a GDPR ticket with Support, only to be asked after a long delay for time and forbearance. I'm afraid I don't have infinite supplies of either, and as these concerns have already been flagged here extensively by many posters, and raised with Support, both my time and forbearance are now severely diminished.

I am now going to direct this matter to the Spanish authorities as above, and will furthermore let my MEP (Member of the European Parliament (https://www.europarl.europa.eu/meps/en/home )) know these events and my concerns, and ask them to support an immediate inquiry into the potential abuse of the digital rights of EU citizens by corporations located within and exterior to the EU, and the sanction of such corporations.

If I might respectfully suggest, there are conditions of GDPR which apply to *us* too. Anyone you make a GDPR request to has one month in which to respond. Unless that time as passed, they have not (yet) failed to uphold their responsibility under the legislation.

In my case, I cannot escalate to any UK/EU authorities before July 25th (a full month since I put in my formal GDPR request to support). Any escalation before then would not be valid under GDPR.

• W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Started my morning off by being bounced out on start up! Just fix it or roll it back.
    Edit- And twice.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Dalisair75 wrote: »
    ChaosChild wrote: »

2jiddr.jpg

@Dalisair75 Stop trying to rile people up.

If you have nothing positive to add to the conversation....then move on.
  • StokeyStokey ✭✭
    Well...I have only played on mobile once to resolve a MS Store bug that wouldn't let me pay for anything at all - my mobile device does not have space for the game so I uninstalled and continued to play on desktop.

I know I am a relatively new player and have so far spent very little, but that still makes me an income stream for the owners of STT, so I do hope they listen to the people on this thread and me - this Offer Wall is a terrible idea and should be removed.

I rely on game information from the 3rd party datacore.app and the devs are also furious about the Offer Wall, and have stopped updating their website tools until it is removed. This leaves many players in the dark about crew, and makes playing much less attractive.

PLEASE think again and take the Offer Wall out!
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Allowed in for about five minutes and bounced on an arena round.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • OomoxOomox ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Daev wrote: »

If I might respectfully suggest, there are conditions of GDPR which apply to *us* too. Anyone you make a GDPR request to has one month in which to respond. Unless that time as passed, they have not (yet) failed to uphold their responsibility under the legislation.

In my case, I cannot escalate to any UK/EU authorities before July 25th (a full month since I put in my formal GDPR request to support). Any escalation before then would not be valid under GDPR.

Yes indeed and thanks, you're absolutely correct. While those are the regulations, in my case Supports actions were not to accept my requested support for a GDPR ticket, but rather to put my ticket 'on hold' pending their 'working and checking' and to assume I'm okay with that.

I'm not, and I let Support know this. If they won't accept, then what other choice have I?

In the space of that mandated month a lot of data could potentially be transferred - which I'm also not ok with. This is why in addition to intending making a GDPR ticket with support, I also intend escalating past GDPR and taking this matter also directly to elected representatives. Who will probably also take at least a month to finish lunch, but at least they'll pretend to listen.

Aside from that, it'll take me a month to navigate the Spanish site properly. Google translate will be busy ;-))