Home The Bridge

Offer Wall feedback thread - Live now!

Comments

• Leperflesh wrote: »
    I'm glad the default is that no consent is given, but I want to know exactly what action the game considers giving consent:
    • Clicking in to view the list of offers on the offer wall?
    • Selecting an offer by tapping on the Offer button (to review the details)?
    • Actually accessing and completing the Offer?
    Many players I think would be satisfied if only the third item actually grants consent to the third party (Ironsource) to access individual/device data. Some players might assume that doing either of the first two things, but then "backing out," would not constitute granting consent, and I'd hope that's how the current implementation works, but I want to know for sure and I think everyone else does too.

Could it be #0 launching the app?
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Sylv1de wrote: »
    Leperflesh wrote: »
    I'm glad the default is that no consent is given, but I want to know exactly what action the game considers giving consent:
    • Clicking in to view the list of offers on the offer wall?
    • Selecting an offer by tapping on the Offer button (to review the details)?
    • Actually accessing and completing the Offer?
    Many players I think would be satisfied if only the third item actually grants consent to the third party (Ironsource) to access individual/device data. Some players might assume that doing either of the first two things, but then "backing out," would not constitute granting consent, and I'd hope that's how the current implementation works, but I want to know for sure and I think everyone else does too.

Could it be #0 launching the app?

This is my concern, since I will not be pressing the button at all.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Does quitting and uninstalling the game prevent the data being given to ironsource????
  • edited July 2020
    Does quitting and uninstalling the game prevent the data being given to ironsource????

The answer is a qualified yes, if the ironSource SDK and/or the "offers" presented don't install additional aps/software/maleware onto your device before you uninstall STT from your device and if you also remove STT v7.5.3 (the only version with the Offer Wall, at this time) from your Google, iOS, Amazon, Samsung, Huawei, other library of past installed apps. Untill apps are also removed from your AppStore's library of apps, the apps there can still collect data through the AppStore (such as what other apps you have instslled and how often you use them) although they can no longer collect data through your device (potentially every single piece of info on your device, including apps/usage, pics/vids, contacts, calendar, browser/bookmarks/history, and even possibly keystrokes/passwords, everything i'm not saying that these are being collected at this time but these are things that we are concerned about) once you uninstall from your device.
    [DCC] bebe
    Privileged to be Admiral of the Great Fleet
    Dilithium Causes Cancer, maxed Starbase level 134
    Featuring photonic flee free holodecks and
    All you can drink Neelix's Even Better Than Coffee Substitute!
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does quitting and uninstalling the game prevent the data being given to ironsource????

Well, I doubt there are any takebacks, if they already mined ya.

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • <TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭

You can't put the genie back in the lamp. If they already got anything from you, then they've got it. Nothing you can do. You can uninstall to prevent them from getting more, though.
  • Well I'm reducing my spending ... no sense buying a diluted currency ...
  • DNardDNard ✭✭
    Tilted just announced it has been removed from Apple platform.

Is that enough to keep the site up and running?
  • Dalisair75 wrote: »
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    Which is why I wonder why they chose to use a well documented poor reputation link shortner.
    Probably the same reason they chose to go with a well documented poor reputation company like Ironsource.

2jiddr.jpg

@Dalisair75 Stop trying to rile people up.

If you have nothing positive to add to the conversation....then move on.

I wasn't riling anyone up. I was saying that the Ironsource comment was a straight burn. As in that the company isn't making good decisions.
  • Actually, the burn being acknowledged is looking more and more accurate......

🖖🖖🏻🖖🏼🖖🏽🖖🏿

As a long time & high ranking player, I expect more from you

As a much more active person on the forum, I certainly expect more from you, becuase you know what its like to have threads shut down duy to lack of civilty.

The original reply to my post was not taken as burn or any ill form, rather more a good natured tongue-in-cheek response

The reference to a burn, was taken as a weak attempt to rile me, which is poor behaviour, especially in this case, where the post subject is too important to make personal & affects all players.

You dont know me from Adam...so have no idea what gets me riled, so please dont try....I am not upset in slightetst. I just feel sad that I have to spell things out slowly to the children, and get them to focus to the bigger picture when all they want to do is stick there fingers up their noses.....

lastly, if you feel the need to try to rile - go for it, you fill your boots........

Rile you? Are you kidding? I was saying Tilting Points poor decision making had brought us here, and acknowledging that the comments were pure fire and scolding to Tilting Point and how poorly they have acted in all of this. I'm not sure how you are reading it otherwise...
  • edited July 2020
    Wall has just been removed from all ios devices 🖖

edit: just saw the message sorry if it’s old news lol
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • So removing it from the iOS brings me back to a point I made earlier. This now gives preferential treatment (more than before) to Android platform.

(more than before refers to the automated script programs that are pretty obviously being used by some in events)
  • Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game can still be played on a PC or Mac with an Android emulator like Bluestacks if using the wall is still desired without an Android device.
  • I've gotten addicted to the offers 😁
    Luckily I don't have the survey option and can use apps.pkald7d5110k.png

Wish i would got thos kind of offers. Mine ar all like, make a purchase or reach level impossible.
    Someone once suggested bingo blitz as easy, took me over half a day to complete.
    Definetly big differences between player regions.
  • .•°rÅTT°•..•°rÅTT°•. ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Finished several of the larger Dil offers. No payouts. sent tickets.. Nothing. Gonna ticket DB(Edit TP or whoever) next. I might be done with the wall...
  • ·§ë· For the Many·§ë· For the Many ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Finished several of the larger Dil offers. No payouts. sent tickets.. Nothing. Gonna ticket DB(Edit TP or whoever) next. I might be done with the wall...

Yup same. They're profiting off our data and good amount of time and the dil isn't even reaching the inbox most of the time. Finished offers still sitting in the "in progress" tab. Fingers crossed for CS.

One offer disappeared from the progress tab altogether while partway through. So there is nowhere to ticket. Others say it's not possible.
  • and just did a small "open the app and scratch a few things for 11 dil" one to see if they all were no longer working.

Sure enough the 11 dil shows up in the inbox right away. O frabjous day.

Couldn't have for the "grind this game for a week for 2940 dil" one, huh? :tongue:
  • Yeah I can get small amounts of Dil but the larger ones dont work.
  • edited July 2020
    So the wall is gone from IoS, I'm asking as politely as possible. remove it from Android aswell, this is beyond .

Honestly never thought I'd be so angry at anything Star Trek related but TP seem

Comment moderated. ~Shan

Shan since you edited my post will you not answer me? Why is this stupid thing still on Android?

I'd put money on it Apple removed it for breacing some TOS conditions.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the wall is gone from IoS, I'm asking as politely as possible. remove it from Android aswell, this is beyond .

Honestly never thought I'd be so angry at anything Star Trek related but TP seem

Comment moderated. ~Shan

Shan since you edited my post will you not answer me? Why is this stupid thing still on Android?

I'd put money on it Apple removed it for breacing some TOS conditions.

Apple TOS were respected all the way, as explained the offer wall was removed from iOS due to the fact that the kind of offers that can be presented on iOS are very limited, and often not as interesting for players.

This is not the case on Android, where most of the offers are about playing games.
  • I just wanted to say ... i am on Android, I completed an offer for a game, got my dilithium immediately upon completion, and have had no adverse effects at all. Not picking a side (though honestly I think the understandable concerns have grown way beyond what is justifiable & warranted IMO) but wanted to share my own experience with the wall.
  • Cpt_insano_2k1Cpt_insano_2k1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    removing it from iOS is a temporary measure in my opinion. Im betting we will see some form of it return in the near future.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heard back on my tickets. Both got this same automated message:
    Dear user,

*This is an automated email*

Ticket #5555555 (Coin Master - Install & complete third village for Android to earn Dilithium!) has been reviewed and cannot be approved as the advertiser did not confirm your completion as valid. Please make sure that you completed the offer through our offer wall and met all the offer's requirements.

Please send us proof (screenshot) that will show you have fully completed the offer's requirements. Please note that proof alone is not sufficient for approval, as all completions must be approved by the advertiser.

**If the offer requires you to make a purchase, please send us the payment proof with the date visible.

I sent clear screenshots but "note that proof alone is not sufficient for approval". This is crooked and should be illegal.

"Proof alone is not sufficient for approval"......

I think that is all we need to know, summed up in seven words..........

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."