Home The Bridge
Options

Adira Tal Art Change

shadow8803shadow8803 ✭✭✭
edited December 2020 in The Bridge
https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/17253/adira-tal-art-change-stats-unchanged#latest

Okay... here's the thing. I acknowledge that mistakes happen, but I felt the need to vent for a sec. I think anyone playing STT for a few months or more begins to realize that it's really a card collecting venue more than a game. That being said, many times you want something because it looks cool more than you need it for gameplay.

I actually decided to pour a lot of resources into competing for this Adira Tal card because I thought it looked cool. Though I'm far from the top 100, I still used around 40 shuttle tokens, countless speed boosts, and a handful of 2x bonuses.

I do not mean to offend the game artists. I want to make that clear. BUT, if the correct Adira artwork had been on the card from the beginning, I'll be honest, I wouldn't have used all those resources to compete. I fully realize that artwork is likely to appear on another card sometime soon, so I'll have access to it eventually. However, the fact is I've now used a lot of resources to compete in a faction event that I wouldn't have competed in otherwise.

I would ask that STT consider putting the other artwork back on the card. I know that's unlikely... but if not that, at least maybe provide some sort of compensation for the mistake. I'm not a whale, and the shuttle boosts don't flow to me as freely as others. If another faction comes along that I want to compete in, I'm kind SOL now for a while.

Comments

• Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone have a side-by-side image?
  • Options
    shadow8803shadow8803 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020

fo5m08smxu23.png

This was the artwork before they corrected it with the image you see in-game now.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's entirely different artwork. New costume, new pose. It looks like a second version of Adira got swapped with the first.
  • Options
    Major change.... I too am severely disappointed in this change rbqtwms1edke.png
    se5tj7lgih4f7j.png
    Fleet - Omega Molecules
    lv 94 - 600+ immortalized w/ 572 unique - 15 collections max level - VIP14 - Missing 17 1/4 SR characters.
  • Options
    I just sat up all weekend to get Adira Tal on one of my alts with a huge stockpile of resources because I wanted the art. I didn't even look at the stats. I feel like someone backhanded me across the face. The art they switched to is *meh* and neither here nor there to me. I just feel sick to my stomach right now. Anyone have any idea where the original art will surface? I don't think I have it in me to play for her again.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭

Before:
    xwsbz28xvb9a.jpg

After:
    f73wno2ne4qx.jpg
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not disappointed by this change. The new art is better for a straight-up Adira Tal card, as this is how we first meet them in the show. I wasn't thrilled with the first version, mainly because the art was giving me a reminder of Etana Jol's art (which I've never liked). But the old art is great for a future variant of Adira, like a "Forget Me Not Adira" or "Mak'ala Adira."
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    NoNameNamerNoNameNamer ✭✭✭✭
    Are the traits what they're supposed to be for this new variant? I'm thinking of musician and spiritual in particular.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are the traits what they're supposed to be for this new variant? I'm thinking of musician and spiritual in particular.

Well, if the changed artwork represents them post-Trill, the Traits still fit. And it does look like a Disco-style uniform they are in......
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    It is a weird thing. The first time they've ever changed advertised art as I remember.

But overall, I'm happier with the new art.

I should finish in the 500's, spent a ton of boosts, and to be honest I have no idea how they could compensate us for that. Give everyone in the 1500's thirty boost packs?
  • Options
    DB messing up has become a Christmas tradition as much as Turkey and Mariah Carey. I'm still sore over Mirror Bev
  • Options
    It what if Snuggly blanket Tal is only 3* and ends up straight in your freezer?
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    shadow8803 wrote: »
    It what if Snuggly blanket Tal is only 3* and ends up straight in your freezer?

At least they'll have a blanket in the freezer.

But really, that would be unfortunate. Especially since the other side of the coin in my original post of not wanting to offend the game artists is that the snuggly Tal artwork is awesome in my opinion. Fantastic choice there! Snuggly Tal deserves at least a 4* card (I'd easily make it a 5*). It was a huge moment for them in the show.

By far, the better artwork was the "bait" artwork.......

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    2017pnoc3l31.jpeg

So they didn’t just change the art they changed the items. They didn’t just switch one art for another but one card for another. If the towel Adira is in a Tuesday pack and not in a future event I will be quite angry.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    2017pnoc3l31.jpeg

So they didn’t just change the art they changed the items. They didn’t just switch one art for another but one card for another. If the towel Adira is in a Tuesday pack and not in a future event I will be quite angry.

If towel Adira ends up in a Tuesday pack, the only fair thing to do is make a swap for anyone who wants it.
  • Options
    I'm still not seeing the new artwork, and I've restarted twice!
    Personally, I'm not fussy about the artwork as I was looking at their Voyage scores, rather than their artwork. But that's just me.v04gloll0xow.jpg
This discussion has been closed.