Home The Bridge
Options

Adira Tal Art Change

Comments

• Options
    dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trying to recall past issues.. We've had art redrawn well after the fact, so those cards aren't quite the same scenario.

What about the ol Assimilated Spock gaffe, I cant rememver if that card actually got out or just teased - is that in tbe same vein?
  • Options
    Shy Khan wrote: »
    It should be pointed out, the description no longer matches the new art, it matches the original, Snuggie Tal art.

"... now properly joined with the Trill Symbiont Tal..."

I'd say both artworks are nice, but very different in tone, so if someone wanted cuddly weighted blanket Adira, it's understandable they'd be justifiably upset. It's weird it happened so late.

… not to mention that her traits: musician, spiritual are in line with the first graphic
    Looking for a fine fleet? With the game having reached the age of a small child, players went and newly joined. We are an active fleet and are also connected in friendship with Klingons. Grab your daily starbase donations. Get your daily Fleet Boss Battles rewards guaranteed? Chat about Trek? Want more than just the game? Consider joining [TLA] "The Liberal Alliance"Contact me in-game [TLA] Khazaan or even better on the LINE app, handle also "khazaan".
  • Options
    =GBP= Bear wrote: »
    I'm still not seeing the new artwork, and I've restarted twice!
    Personally, I'm not fussy about the artwork as I was looking at their Voyage scores, rather than their artwork. But that's just me.v04gloll0xow.jpg
    That is the new graphic. The old original is the one in the robes
    Looking for a fine fleet? With the game having reached the age of a small child, players went and newly joined. We are an active fleet and are also connected in friendship with Klingons. Grab your daily starbase donations. Get your daily Fleet Boss Battles rewards guaranteed? Chat about Trek? Want more than just the game? Consider joining [TLA] "The Liberal Alliance"Contact me in-game [TLA] Khazaan or even better on the LINE app, handle also "khazaan".
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shy Khan wrote: »
    It should be pointed out, the description no longer matches the new art, it matches the original, Snuggie Tal art.

"... now properly joined with the Trill Symbiont Tal..."

I'd say both artworks are nice, but very different in tone, so if someone wanted cuddly weighted blanket Adira, it's understandable they'd be justifiably upset. It's weird it happened so late.

… not to mention that her traits: musician, spiritual are in line with the first graphic

Musician? Technically yes, Towel Tal’s art comes from right after they were finished with the symbiont integration process. But it certainly matches the more general crew variant that the new art indicates just as well - if the new art featured the full UEDF uniform from Adria’s first appearance I would say that trait is no longer acceptable, though we have certainly had numerous crew who had traits assigned that didn’t seem to match their artwork.
  • Options
    edited December 2020

Well, if the changed artwork represents them post-Trill, the Traits still fit. And it does look like a Disco-style uniform they are in......
    No, it’s not a DISCO Uniform.

It is the UNITED EARTH DEFENSE FORCE „Inspecting Adira“ uniform

With that uniform, she should be a Security / Science /Engineering crew and not a Diplomacy/Command/Engineering as the Card is. Basically I feel the graphic is not aligned with the skills either

When she joins the Discovery crew, she is wearing the standard Discovery uniform
    f8zne55kmpp1.jpeg
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I'm doubly ticked.
    I'm ticked, because so many people spent resources for something they wanted and then they got something they didn't want it its place. That is classic bait and switch.
    I'm also ticked for people like me that simply wanted the crew, regardless of artwork, for one reason or another- the character, the stats, the roster boost, etc. that didn't get one, because someone else did that doesn't want them now did. I only dropped out of the top 1500s in the last 18 or so hours, when people with more resources that wanted them went for them hard.
    I feel so bad for everyone over this- those that got something other than what they wanted and lost resources they would have kept otherwise, people that wanted it either way and didn't get it, and the development team that made a simple mistake (no doubt the two files have similar names) and will never hear the end of it.

Just wait till tomorrow when Towel Adira is the Tuesday pack legendary.

We should have guessed something was off when there were two threads for the next event up. Did we really think we would escape 2020 without something like this happening?
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty upset myself, I was really looking foward to this version of Adira. I'm at a point where I didn't need the card, really wanted this artwork and this Version of them. It would be like if they suddenly swapped out for a version of book without grudge. @Shan for people that burned 100 boosts and some tokens to get a card that then bait and switched, what are our options? Will this be a shortly upcoming 3 or 4* event reward, or is this going to be a tuesday pack? ugh, just frustrated after a nice run of TP doing a better job.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Selene 7 wrote: »
    There's an easy solution--just change the name of the card instead of the art.

I like this solution. 👆

Oddly though, I'm a little upset for the opposite reason as everyone here. (Disclaimer: I haven't seen this season of Discovery yet.) I like the expression on Adira's face and the uniform more in the new art. I'm a bit bummed that I sat out this event. Weird, huh? :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm also incredibly disappointed in this change. Like OP I really liked the original art and that was one of the main reasons I opted to rank for it. Switching this literally in the last few hours is really poor form.

And as others have pointed out the traits don't match the card at all. Uniformed Adira was NOT a musician at all.
  • Options
    There needs to be some kind of compensation, either refund boosts/tokens or provide everyone a gold citation, but it really **tsk tsk** when you are excited for something and it get pulled away right at the end of the event.
  • Options
    AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another thing I just realized is the ship ability name makes no sense for the new art. That line was only uttered after the full joining.
  • Options
    Amphistaff wrote: »
    Another thing I just realized is the ship ability name makes no sense for the new art. That line was only uttered after the full joining.

Yup, ship ability, flavor text, etc
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah I do not know what exactly happened. They changed the art, they changed the items, they kept the traits and skills. I am feeling a little like Ezri Dax not knowing what is what and from whom after her joining.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭

Missed that one. Add that to the list of things TP got wrong with this switch.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    There will not be a global compensation.
    I get the disappointment, I do - especially with such a short notice.

This is however still a good card, with good stats.
    I am bringing up the feedback about flavor text, traits, and ship ability.

I do not have an answer regarding when the other iteration will be released, or how.

If you submit a ticket it will be looked at on a case by case basis.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Selene 7 wrote: »
    There's an easy solution--just change the name of the card instead of the art.

This really doesn't work. You'd have to change pretty much everything else about the card to go with the new art, not just the name.

What's happened here is not just that the wrong art was used for the character, the wrong character was used. This event should have had "UEDF Adira" as the prize, but somebody messed up and went with a different version. Then they had to switch it, probably because the artwork hasn't been approved yet. But changing back to the original planned character in their entirety would have everybody screaming blue murder, especially as Adira Tal was released through the dabo wheel and people already had them before the event started. So they swapped the art and hoped we'd accept that, not caring that the art doesn't go with any other aspect of the character.

It's pretty obvious that the official explanation from TP is just a failed attempt at saving face.
  • Options
    Sleepover Adira wins the USA presidency with 90 million votes
  • Options
    I like the new art better. Thanks for the change. :)
  • Options
    CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    It feels like the wrong variant was put out, and rather than swap the whole card or (most sensibly) just live with the error, there's been a clumsy attempt to cover it by changing the art.

What's left makes no sense - the traits, flavour text and battle ability all fit with the original art, and not with the new art.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    I would just like to take a moment and point out that almost everyone has gotten their pronouns right across both threads. I'm pleasantly surprised, especially in comparison to some of the other forums I occasionally frequent.

Please don't get upset at me if I get it wrong now and then. I'm not phobic. I'm not a hater. I'm not closed-minded.

I'm old.

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Options
    Personally, I can't wait for the version of Adira that's finally released with this artwork. They'll probably be SEC/ENG with the UEDF trait.
This discussion has been closed.