Home The Bridge
Options

Adira Tal Art Change

Comments

• Options
    I wonder if the original art we saw was supposed to be the result of a fusion card, maybe with a later Gray card. The scene does occur at a perfect fusion moment...
  • Options
    shadow8803shadow8803 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Another thought... and I know it was said there will be no global gift for this mistake, but stay with me.

What about 5 additional crew slots?

I, like so many others, have serious shortage of crew slots. I had cleared a slot for Adira, anticipating they would join upon the end of the event. That way, there's nothing lost by this Adira card joining the crew, and even those who didn't get into the top 1500 can still enjoy 5 additional slots. Seems like an easy thing to do, honestly. (STT might've been planning to add 5 free slots anyways, so this could be a win-win.)
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    Shan wrote: »
    The comment about the crew being a good crew with good stats is from me, as I felt it might provide some perspective. It is not meant as being dismissive of what happened and how it affected every players looking forward to that rendition of Adira.

With past feedback players have let us know how good art is valued, and we take it to heart as well.

All I can add is that I am sorry this happened.

It's really not a very good crew, at least not at 1/5. The base skills aren't that high, the proficiencies are decent but not good enough for gauntlet, the voyage total's good but the lack of traits mean you'll not be getting any bonus AM, and the ship ability's nothing special.

The artwork was far and away the best thing about the card.

Most golds are useless at 1/5 for moderately advanced players, unless they are Gauntlet superstars. But FF, Tal is currently the #21 overall Voyager, top when it comes to CMD/DIP combination. You may not have any use for them in your roster, but Shan is absolutely correct that they are a good crew with good stats.

#21 on raw numbers. But voyages are about more than that, bonus AM counts for a lot and with only 3 relevant traits they're still very unlikely to see regular voyage use. They're not bad, they're just not as good as the numbers might suggest. And they're really not much use for anything outside voyages. They certainly won't be my #1 target for citations.
  • Options
    MicrohopperMicrohopper ✭✭✭✭
    Ticket submitted. Shared the fact that I don't have any resources left to push for shuttle events in the foreseeable future. Nor do I have much inclination to try, since I don't know that what I would be shooting for would be what I actually would end up with. Don't know the solution, other than somehow letting us have the card art we spent time and effort to acquire.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of us used our limited resources and didn't make the top 1500. I spent lots of boosts and merits unfreezing Mirror crew and didn't even get this Franken-Adira.
    The traits, skills, flavor text, ability name, artwork, etc. is a convoluted mess. I wonder if they uploaded the wrong file entirely or if it was a very bad execution of this card.
    I have frequent issues even sending CS tickets on Kindle. The keyboard doesn't appear for me in game most of the time. I can't chat. I can't search. I can't send tickets! The Zendesk didn't work when I tried that and I did have some small success with a direct email.
    I will be buying a Bluetooth Android compatible keyboard tomorrow and then you will be getting daily CS tickets over no keyboard. I can't be the only one going nuts when I can't answer a fleetmate's questions or search the 400 crew in quarters or trait search the vault.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    2017pnoc3l31.jpeg

So they didn’t just change the art they changed the items.

Exactly and well spotted. The golden blanket, the trill sensory floating device...
    rmcwpu8pxzdl.jpeg

... does not make any sense on that (maybe 4* Earth Defense Force Inspector?) card.
    0s1aswjpz6jq.jpeg

Think of the naughty and annoying customs officers we all know, who live to make our travel cases untidy ^^
    Looking for a fine fleet? With the game having reached the age of a small child, players went and newly joined. We are an active fleet and are also connected in friendship with Klingons. Grab your daily starbase donations. Get your daily Fleet Boss Battles rewards guaranteed? Chat about Trek? Want more than just the game? Consider joining [TLA] "The Liberal Alliance"Contact me in-game [TLA] Khazaan or even better on the LINE app, handle also "khazaan".
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    The comment about the crew being a good crew with good stats is from me ...

With past feedback players have let us know how good art is valued …

Thank you @Shan but:

As a long time player from the beginning of the game, I do have so many golden premium crew (especially at 1/5 infused due to lack of citations - I would need over 450 of them), but having also a lot of 5/5 fused crew, it is NOT for me about ”good” cards just in the meaning if good numbers. It's about cards I like, sometimes has a tiny voice audio clip added (please do more of them) and mainly the identity and tone (mood) the cards provides.
    Sales us about emotions, and the change just was a blow and hit in the stomach.

That said: the ”Joining ceremony Adira” episode was all about finding identity for herself and a way for discovery to find Starfleet Headquarters through access of the joined Trills memories of Admiral Senna Tal.

I personally would referee that you switch back to the first graphic and offer that Earth Force Security Inspector Adira in another way. Least harm done.

Players who wanted joined trill Adira (like me) will keep her. No skills, traits, description and equipment!!! needs to be changed.

As for the new graphics Security Inspector Adira: add her another way with proper skillset, traits, e.g. Saboteurs, security engineering, science

I guess, changing your plans and remodel an unreleased Adira dies less harm than changing a promised and already released card. (command/diplomacy/eng) doesn't make much sense on the new graphic = identity.

Admiral us Adira, but the one is an unsecured about her future, isolated young genius, robed Adira become a whole personality now with access and wisdom to 6 previous lives with strength (command) and balanced attitudes (diplomacy.

I would not mind getting a tiny better high resolution graphic if blanket adira, though...

Looking for a fine fleet? With the game having reached the age of a small child, players went and newly joined. We are an active fleet and are also connected in friendship with Klingons. Grab your daily starbase donations. Get your daily Fleet Boss Battles rewards guaranteed? Chat about Trek? Want more than just the game? Consider joining [TLA] "The Liberal Alliance"Contact me in-game [TLA] Khazaan or even better on the LINE app, handle also "khazaan".
  • Options
    I know mistakes do happen, but I cannot see that the developers can mess this up like they did. Yes, someone evidently dropped the ball but aren't they supposed to be correct? They are professionals. They are getting paid. Reading these posts here, or comments from my fleets or the UC, people are genuinely upset. Some went 'after' this crew only to not get the crew they supposedly went 'after'. I do question if the QC officer was around.

Totally agree. Wondering where Ben was and why it slipped his attention. Hopefully, they sort it out and he will go into it on the timelines talk YouTube live stream with @Automaton2000, as they announced his probable appearance on the stream next year (no stream at Christmas)

Btw: it’s a very healthy way of company communication ...

• Options
    MicrohopperMicrohopper ✭✭✭✭
    I would put this on the level of the Polywater Yar incident or the disaster of the Offer Wall.

Similarities I see. Polywater Yar: people went for that card expecting one thing, only to have it changed at the last minute (when packs/purchasing was just done?) for something else. I'm not sure if the art change was announced before or after the event ended, but I myself was so focused on finishing the event strong that I didn't see the announcement until after the event was over. And actually, when I fused my two cards, they both still had the previous art, IIRC.

Offer Wall: Many players of this game are smart, do screen shots, and dig into the minutiae of things. TP gave what many felt were half answers about the Offer Wall as people did their digging, which IMHO made the situation worse. Here with Adira Tal, TP gave what could be considered a half answer (changed the art), when there was more to it (changed items, that people noticed), and that is just going to set a fire under people who think we're not getting told the whole story, and/or that we're somehow being treated in a dismissive way from TP.

Not knowing leads to all sorts of speculation. Can we at least get a full disclosure about what really happened with the card art/item changes?
  • Options
    Just remove the Earth Defense bits from Adira's uniform and ur all good. Shoulda happened already. They must be on vaca.... We should all get 1 copy of the other card when it drops too.. only fair.

The lore on the card is probably gonna be there a long time... The Val Jean lore is still wrong after many years. The Val Jean did not collide with the Caretaker's Array...Break out your DVD's. It collided with a Kazon Carrier and the Carrier collided with the array after that.

Ilia Probe STILL says she was somehow on the Enterprise-A...... Years later.. still wrong.

This is the level of competency we are paying for.
  • Options
    This is the level of competency we are paying for.
    Emphasis on paying - indeed,
    Happy to fund the salaries for providing me with a game I still love, but don't like this messing up so often.

You get what you pay for feels to me not like I got a quality product but an Adira from Wish - a knockoff
  • Options
    A single copy would not be enough in my mind if they gave us who earned that before the switch.... I earned 3! An as I’ve eluded to on my prior posts, I wouldn’t have tried as hard to get as many if that were the case. Not to mention all the resources I burned. Oh and the commitment of scarified sleep which is very unhealthy. I was so exhausted yesterday and today that my head was throbbing and eyes were aching so badly due to trying stay up or semi coherent for alarms that went off between every 30min to 90min some were staggered so it varied.... so it was rough! It’s moves like that unless is resolved by fixing it or by I dunno incorporating the character in storyline or episode that allows us to earn 3-4 copies by doing an episode or some thing that isn’t an event.... temporary achievements or I dunno! Because that stuff could be my my final nails in the coffin.... aside from this new feature coming up I’ve had very little drive and something wonderful comes that I fell for at first glance last Wednesday! And it goes on for 95% of the event! I don’t wanna hear anything from Shan, I wanna hear from the people who made this colossal error and their superiors about they could let that slip for as long as they did and what they are going to do to fix it! Transparency and accountability! If we pay their salary, we deserve answers. Otherwise that’s poor customer service!
    Fleet - Omega Molecules
    lv 94 - 600+ immortalized w/ 572 unique - 15 collections max level - VIP14 - Missing 17 1/4 SR characters.
  • Options
    My guess is that WRG/TP doesn't have the rights for the first version yet.

But given that it was a fully developed card, I would assume that there's already something in the process on that end.

So couldn't WRG/TP change the art back to the original once it becomes possible? Instead of changing the items, the card description, the name and the ship ability?

They could send an in-game email to make sure that everyone knows and that people won't purchase packs just to get the new art. Or replace the art with a silhouette for a while.
    I'm sure people would understand if it was explained to them.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would put this on the level of the Polywater Yar incident or the disaster of the Offer Wall.

Similarities I see. Polywater Yar: people went for that card expecting one thing, only to have it changed at the last minute (when packs/purchasing was just done?) for something else. I'm not sure if the art change was announced before or after the event ended, but I myself was so focused on finishing the event strong that I didn't see the announcement until after the event was over. And actually, when I fused my two cards, they both still had the previous art, IIRC.

I would like to point out one difference with Polywater Yar. With her advertised ship ability, she broke the Arena. Essentially, that ruined one game mode for a large swath of the community who did not get her. That left the company with a huge balancing problem. They needed to give players who got PW Yar something good, while not ruining the game for much of the community.

This is different in that the art here does not change the game or unbalance the game in any meaningful way. I think the issue is just as big as PW Yar, but in a different way. Which means the solution can be different. This is actually another reason why I advocate for CS tickets. It'll help WRG gauge the size of the error by the community response. I do feel a little bad for the CS techs, but if they get a flood of tickets, then they may try a different solution if the techs cannot handle the workload. Again, anyone who wants help with a ticket is welcome to message me. :)
    Farewell 🖖
This discussion has been closed.