Home The Bridge
Options

Adira Tal Art Change

Comments

• Options
    Maybe they were saving it for a Christmas gift and we're like the bratty kids asking why they hid the PS5 that we clearly saw in the bottom of the wardrobe?
  • Options
    Maybe they shouldn't have offered the almost joke "compensation" they just sent me. I'd feel a lot better about the situation if it seemed like a reasonable resolution...
  • Options
    MicrohopperMicrohopper ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they shouldn't have offered the almost joke "compensation" they just sent me. I'd feel a lot better about the situation if it seemed like a reasonable resolution...

Shan says to PM her if you're not happy with it.
    (It seems like we shouldn't have to go through yet another hoop to get a good outcome, but whatever...)
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they were saving it for a Christmas gift and we're like the bratty kids asking why they hid the PS5 that we clearly saw in the bottom of the wardrobe?

Seems unlikely, but that would qualify under "can't" in my book. I'm sorry Shan is in the difficult position of explaining this, but the whole "we changed it once, but can't change it back" is pretty weak without specifics. Maybe time will make us look a little bratty, but even if the towel version is free, there's a lot of players who worked hard to get something less desirable when they would have received the advertised prize for free.

I tried to think of an analogy, but it didn't work out. :)

Analogy:

Sign in Electronics Store Window: 95" OLED 4K Ultra HD TV $99.

Salesperson in Electronics Store: "Oops. Looks like we just sold the last one. Here's a perfectly good 30" 1024 HD TV for $399."

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Options

You’re comparing apples to oranges... but lll play along... to that I say.... Oh so we would get a single copy when I earned 3?! Still hardly seems worth it! I committed to what I saw, and had it of been something else I wouldn’t have committed to it! So unless they are willing to allow us get what we earned, what we paid for! It doesn’t compare.... to piggy back your PlayStation analogy.... you thought you got ps5... but instead you got 3 lesser versions of PlayStation like a 1,2, and a 3...... hope you’re happy!
    Fleet - Omega Molecules
    lv 94 - 600+ immortalized w/ 572 unique - 15 collections max level - VIP14 - Missing 17 1/4 SR characters.
  • Options
    PrylarDurdenPrylarDurden ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    dext74 wrote: »
    Theres an argument to be made that its more than the top 1500 impacted who received the card that wasn't what they were advertised, but also anyone else who might have been pushing to get there but couldn't get above the 1500 threshold.
    That is valid. I would have been out after the 130k mark to get the new purple finished. Instead, I wanted the card shown and went for it. 1501 can have my copy of this new thing I wasn't playing for.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exactly! There has been a recent increase in the tracking of various game stats. Do we have an idea of what VP was needed for what tiers? If all the tiers skewed higher than normal, because people thought they wanted this card, then it was a lot more than 1500 people who got a card with different art affected.
    Let's crunch numbers.
    548,476 VP got me 1783rd place this event.
    595,848 VP got me 2017th place in "The Big Sting" thanks to Grudge.
    303,835 VP got 4746th in "The Enemy Within".
    A quick look shows that 50th place had similar shifts- higher for B&G, middling for Adira, and lower for Kelis
    Do we know what the average for 1500th is?
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Exactly! There has been a recent increase in the tracking of various game stats. Do we have an idea of what VP was needed for what tiers? If all the tiers skewed higher than normal, because people thought they wanted this card, then it was a lot more than 1500 people who got a card with different art affected.
    Let's crunch numbers.
    548,476 VP got me 1783rd place this event.
    595,848 VP got me 2017th place in "The Big Sting" thanks to Grudge.
    303,835 VP got 4746th in "The Enemy Within".
    A quick look shows that 50th place had similar shifts- higher for B&G, middling for Adira, and lower for Kelis
    Do we know what the average for 1500th is?

Hi, just for your info
    I scored 635,900 this event for 1,258th.
    In the Kelis event (the enemy within 5-9th November 2020) I scored 606,641 and finished 895th.
    And for the rerun of the Daystrom award 2 (1-5th October 2020), I scored 740,475 for 297th. And my alt scored 604,710 for 1,204th.
  • Options
    MicrohopperMicrohopper ✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    I am not at liberty to give you more details as to why this decision had to made, and why the art cannot be changed again. I am sorry.

May I ask who would be at liberty to answer our questions about this? Can you get them to the forum?
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan, are you able to tell us if the originally advertised art will be reappearing at some point in the future, or has it been withdrawn permanently? For me, at least, how I feel about this situation will be at least partially affected by knowing the answer.

It will. I have no details regarding how and when.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Ooooof. To be honest I really would have preferred to hear “the art cant be released, licensing issues”.....

The provided response could be interpreted a lot of ways. Like, i could see a “best case” that its a global gift card to be released on christmas or convergence day.....

Or i could see “worst case” its going to be released in a future 6 pack for 650 dilithium.....

Yeah, if Adira shows up in a Tuesday pack I and many will be quite angry.

If that happens, I hope they use the precedent of the Yar-for-Killy exchange to allow players to get what they already should have earned. Who knows... they might even sell more packs that way to people who want to add more stars.

Remember how much the forum had to fight for that to happen, though? I'm inclined to say this isn't as bad as the Yar situation, since art doesn't fundamentally change the usefulness of the crew in quite the way that particular bait and switch impacted Yar's usefulness (new, singlehanded best skirmish/arena crew in the game to second or third tier at best was a pretty significant demotion), but the precedent has been set.
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    I will be putting in a complaint to CS, although I have absolutely zero faith that anything worthwhile will come of it.

Me neither. I do not even know what to ask for. I would have played the same way with Adira as she is now (aiming below 1500), I am just disappointed about the change. I have no need for a refund of token or boosts, let alone chrons, and I do not feel especially entitled for any. I just want funky Adira as announced instead of boring Adira. :/ As this will not happen I am out of ideas what to request, thinking whatever crap I might get is not worth the hassle. A global compensation would spare us this at least.

Even if you're not asking for anything, or don't feel you're entitled to anything, it's worth submitting the ticket to register the complaint.
  • Options
    I am not at liberty to give you more details as to why this decision had to made, and why the art cannot be changed again. I am sorry.

May I ask who would be at liberty to answer our questions about this? Can you get them to the forum?

This. Somebody knows what happened. Somewhere.

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Options
    Shan, are you able to tell us if the originally advertised art will be reappearing at some point in the future, or has it been withdrawn permanently? For me, at least, how I feel about this situation will be at least partially affected by knowing the answer.

It will. I have no details regarding how and when.

When it does reappear, will it be released, or withdrawn at the last minute?
  • Options
    Ooooof. To be honest I really would have preferred to hear “the art cant be released, licensing issues”.....

The provided response could be interpreted a lot of ways. Like, i could see a “best case” that its a global gift card to be released on christmas or convergence day.....

Or i could see “worst case” its going to be released in a future 6 pack for 650 dilithium.....

Not being able to be released because the artist quit or something, just shifts the incompetence to another area. Surely WRG used competent lawyers that would know how to include a properly worded intellectual property clause into a contract, that covers work product?

This discussion has been closed.