Home The Bridge
Options

Adira Tal Art Change

Comments

• Options
    shadow8803shadow8803 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    I thought this deserved its own post, it’s rather telling.

IIRC, there was an instance where DB gave out to everyone a free legendary citation along with a voyage token, chrons, etc., because of a server sign-in issue. It was on a Thursday/Friday, so there was still plenty of time left to compete. In this current case, players had already spent their time and resources up until an hour and half before the event ended. I’m thinking this instance is worse, and struggling to understand WRG taking the position they are in this here. If anything, this may show how WRG feels about respecting their players compared to DB.

Here it is: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarTrekTimelines/comments/e21dn9/sign_in_errors_and_apology_and_a_thank_you/

I remember getting that in-game message. I wasn’t really competing in that event, or affected by the issue, so it was a complete surprise to me. Appreciated, of course, but unexpected. I’m really not gunning for free stuff... I just think this situation unfortunately demonstrates the difference between where we were, and where we are now.
  • Options
    Exanimus wrote: »
    Or at least level with us as to why you can't revert to the proper art.

Hypothetical. I don't watch it so I'll have to trust your take. Does any of the other art fall outside promo visuals or previously mentioned/seen characters and ships? Does the art on this card hint at or reveal details not included in promo, or from a season within 2 months of last airing?

If CBS decided over the weekend that this art was a "spoiler", and game studio showed up Monday morning to an email demanding it be pulled, would TP throw CBS under the bus? Or would they scramble to swap art and equipment from another approved 4* card and take the blame?

I'm am in no way intending to take away from the negative sentiment. People paid money and are not getting what was advertised. This was sloppy. Hammer CS and ensure the message gets the attention it needs. I just don't see making them reveal culpable details. One person ends up under a bus and they start pulling other people down with them. I'd love to know myself, but that not a hill worth trying to climb.

I do watch Disco but I can't answer your query, I'm afraid. I live in the UK where we don't get any promotional material. Either way I don't think it's too much to say 'spoliers' as a reason, if that is the reason.
  • Options

Hypothetical. I don't watch it so I'll have to trust your take. Does any of the other art fall outside promo visuals or previously mentioned/seen characters and ships? Does the art on this card hint at or reveal details not included in promo, or from a season within 2 months of last airing?

If CBS decided over the weekend that this art was a "spoiler", and game studio showed up Monday morning to an email demanding it be pulled, would TP throw CBS under the bus? Or would they scramble to swap art and equipment from another approved 4* card and take the blame?

I'm am in no way intending to take away from the negative sentiment. People paid money and are not getting what was advertised. This was sloppy. Hammer CS and ensure the message gets the attention it needs. I just don't see making them reveal culpable details. One person ends up under a bus and they start pulling other people down with them. I'd love to know myself, but that not a hill worth trying to climb.

While it would be nice to know all the details, I don't think that's strictly necessary. But even a more generic explanation that goes beyond "it was a mistake" would probably help people accept what's happened and would reduce the frustration around this.

As someone else mentioned, "legal reasons" for all sorts of rights issues would be enough. The same goes for other problems. If CBS decided that they don't get to use it (yet) then that would be a legal reason.
    If they realized that the art disappears on certain devices (wild guess here, I have no idea if that is even possible) then "technical issues" would be enough.
    If this card is already planned as a Tuesday pack, fusion or gift card, then "to avoid disruption of future events/offers" would also be enough. Even though in that case I would hope that they would reconsider it.

I'm sure part of the players who are unhappy with the change would not be satisfied, especially those who really went all out on the event just to get this specific version of Adira (I hope they will receive the card for free when the real Adira Tal becomes available). But for others any explanation that makes the situation a bit less vague would already make a difference.
  • Options
    Cpt_insano_2k1Cpt_insano_2k1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, the funny thing is that this issue has resulted in TONS of spoilers being brought up in this thread! It would be a true irony if the art was pulled for fear of “spoiling” a detail about this season of discovery.
  • Options
    Yeah. I hardly have a dog in the race as i did not compete in this event. But for those who did, in my opinion 4 days of competing in a shuttle event is a high cost (setting frequent alarms, disrupted sleep, etc.)

From what I have seen, the offer to reimburse all used resources does not compensate for lost time, so I would probably suggest that all resources be reimbursed, but that the Adira card NOT be removed from inventory, as a means of compensation for that lost time. But, thats just my opinion. Again, i did not compete in this event, but it seems fair for those who did. (Including those who were “close” to being sub-rank 1500 but did not win an Adira)

This!!!!! Yes, I am pissed about the resources and to be refunded them completely is still a slap in the face! They cannot refund the precious of resources!! TIME!! The fact that they don’t get this is insulting! They of all people should know that this game is about how much time and money people put into these events!! I even took a pic and showed my admiral how exhausted I was after staying up nearly 72 hrs or having such intermittent sleep that it doesn’t even register as sleep! Your body is just exhausted... and sure they can tell me, “well you made that choice, maybe you shouldn’t have done that” then maybe they should remove req shuttles and remove dil finishing too then! And a litany of other pay to win options, because at that point it becomes not about ones strategy and skill, it’s about who has a bigger wallet to buy cards, shuttles, and boosts! But that will never happen as that would end the game.... so paying is really expected in order maintain high level of playing! To battle the paywall non paying or little paying players have to do something to remain competitive... that means time! Time to save resources and the when it comes to using them... to continually do so until you run out and hope that that is enough to get what you wanted! I’ll never get back that time, and I can tell you right now, if that art was the art it is now back on Wednesday.... I would have changed my time management completely! I wouldn’t have used my resources, I wouldn’t have played nearly as much, I would have gotten sleep! And the fact that last night got a reply which addressed nothing besides merging an earlier ticket that yes I was expressing my displeasure in the art change but also contained an issue with the squad rewards as the same finish said I wasn’t in a squad and that I should join one! Well my admiral made me squad leader for the whole event! So not only did I feel pissed about the art the game said I didn’t get all the rewards! They came back saying I did receive them but I’ve no proof of that! The screenshot said otherwise! I’ve got to take their word for it! So they ultimately did nothing about my complaint of lost resources, and TIME! They said they merged it and that if no additional information is give it would close in 3-5 days! So I replied a long complaint yet again! And honestly once my monthly card is up and xmas is over I am just done with this game! It isn’t worth it to get all this worked up and riled up about it each time I log on! Or come here to this specific post and not see the dev team and see all these other people equally as upset and have this go on unaddressed! Shan may care, but the people beyond Shan and their superiors clearly do not! Some of these solutions presented here that are being ignored or if they are being considered no one has said so.... that would be acceptable! The idea of an exchange for the Adira that I would have earned when it comes out and all copies and equipment I used on them to be exchanged! Yes I leveled them and fully equipped them, so they should exchange that 3/5 fully equipped for the original art when it comes out... that will satisfy me and my complaint! Because that’s what I earned! But I highly doubt that will happen so what is the point?!?! This is something I’ll never get over as long as I continue to play so my only option is to stop playing pending how this goes....
    Fleet - Omega Molecules
    lv 94 - 600+ immortalized w/ 572 unique - 15 collections max level - VIP14 - Missing 17 1/4 SR characters.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    First time posting so if i say something i'm not suppoed to i apologise in advance. I raised a ticket over this and i was offered

"Regarding the resources you’ve spent in the hopes of getting that specific version of Adira, what we can offer is to remove the crew from your inventory, and refund these resources.".

I have asked for a clarification of this offer to be broken down into specifics as in my original complaint i explained i had spent
    Dilithium on extra thursday cadet tickets to get another 12 × 10 standard boosts..
    Merits on shuttle transmissions.
    The boosts used.
    Merits used to unfreeze crew for this event.
    Chronitons and replicator rations to level up the new 4* during the event.
    Dilithium on crew pack.
    Etc

So if they are just offering a swap of bossts for Adira Tal i don't believe they are taking the matter seriously and showing blatant contempt for our consumer relationship nor are they taking imto account the effort we put in to a 4 day faction event.

This certainly a reasonable assessment, given the situation. I would like to point out that if everything is refunded in exchange for only the legendary card, then you are still getting to keep all the threshold rewards and all copies of the SR (even if just honor) and all other rank rewards, to include dilithium for those who finished in the top 1k. It's not a totally raw deal. It's obviously a huge disappointment that results in loss of faith in the company due to a bait-and-switch tactic. Still... they are making an attempt to compensate players. That is respectable, even if to a lesser degree.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Shan may care, but the people beyond Shan and their superiors clearly do not!

It still surprises me that so many people think Shan cares. She is paid to make it appear she cares and to placate the angry mob in the cheapest way possible. We pay her wages to do this to us. I can assure you that during my past dealings with her over the 'zombie fleet' issues, she doesn't care, but she will smile nicely and empathise as best she can until you shut up.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    I'm certainly not attacking her for doing her job! Just pointing out that she has a job and that job isn't to "care". Some people seem to excuse her for alot. For all I know she is actually the only employee of STT because I've never interacted with anyone else. Other than that crazy guy who spoke truth, 'ShouldIgiveafuckaboutyourcomplaintsRiker' or some such. 😂👍

But he got made redundant unfortunately.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan may care, but the people beyond Shan and their superiors clearly do not!

It still surprises me that so many people think Shan cares. She is paid to make it appear she cares and to placate the angry mob in the cheapest way possible. We pay her wages to do this to us. I can assure you that during my past dealings with her over the 'zombie fleet' issues, she doesn't care, but she will smile nicely and empathise as best she can until you shut up.

This comes along a little harsh. I tend to see TP staff as the farmers and us as the cows. They do not care for us individally but they do care for us as a crowd as we are their income base. At least they should, and I feel like they actually do, usually.

When I worked as a SAP supporter I felt the customer's pain if there were severe and urgent problems, and I took tremendous efforts to quickly implement a satisfying solution. But sometimes empathy failed me if I thought they were overreacting regarding severeness or urgency. Maybe this is what happens here too?
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with @Prof. KakkoiiLady about Shan. Shan is not at fault here, as she is only telling us what TP/WRG told her to say. So all of the anger about this situation is not towards Shan, although she does handle it very well. I am sure if Shan could tell us the reasoning of this that she would. And yes, this is not making TP/WRG look very good.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    IF the card they changed to IS part of a Fusion, that specifically needs to be acknowledged. Unless they want a ten-page angry thread when people get helically grooved attachment deviced a second time.....

TRANSPARENCY!!!!!!!!!!!
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Options

I do watch Disco but I can't answer your query, I'm afraid. I live in the UK where we don't get any promotional material. Either way I don't think it's too much to say 'spoliers' as a reason, if that is the reason.

I would think that CBS does their approval due diligence long before a card is given final approval. Unless the incompetence is contagious.......
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Options
    Yeah we can hardly call spoilers as the reason when the episode already aired. I mean, they put booker in a starfleet uniform as a 3* card before that happened in the series, so.....yeah im not buying “spoilers” as the reason.

Didn't we get the Booker 3* recently? He dressed up like a Lieutenant in the Earth episode. Which aired way earlier than the card was released...........
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with @Prof. KakkoiiLady about Shan. Shan is not at fault here, as she is only telling us what TP/WRG told her to say. So all of the anger about this situation is not towards Shan, although she does handle it very well. I am sure if Shan could tell us the reasoning of this that she would. And yes, this is not making TP/WRG look very good.

Indeed. “Don’t kill the messenger” very much applies here.

And just in case it needs to be said; please be kind when filing support tickets. Not only is it the right thing to do, it will help you get a better response...as someone who has worked several customer-facing jobs over the years, polite requests for assistance or recompense are received way better than nastygrams full of vileness, accusations, excessive demands, and overuse of the caps lock key. People who went Full Karen made me not want to be very helpful at all, whereas I would bend over backwards to help someone who was pleasant.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Poor attempt at humor deleted.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Unless I missed something, wouldn't the "reveal" that Adira is Native American be a bigger spoiler than artwork drawn from an episode that aired weeks ago?!?!?

Unless I totally missed the mention of her heritage, and it already happened........

• Options
    Shan wrote: »
    I have been in discussions about this all morning, I do care - it is your prerogative to not believe me but keep the derogative comments/personal attacks out of these forums, thank you.

As I am now also the manager for player support, I made the decision regarding what we could offer in this very unique and unfortunate situation.

Decisions like these are never easy because there is never a perfect solution. It is the only proposal I can make at this time. I am more than willing to discuss this further with the product owner for STT, and will do so next week.

Thank you for the update, Shan! And for sticking it out through problems like this!!!!!

• Options
    shadow8803shadow8803 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Shan wrote: »
    I have been in discussions about this all morning, I do care - it is your prerogative to not believe me but keep the derogative comments/personal attacks out of these forums, thank you.

As I am now also the manager for player support, I made the decision regarding what we could offer in this very unique and unfortunate situation.

Decisions like these are never easy because there is never a perfect solution. It is the only proposal I can make at this time. I am more than willing to discuss this further with the product owner for STT, and will do so next week.

As the OP here, I’ve felt some misgivings about the direction the thread has taken. I never wanted it to be anger filled, and certainly do not want to give ‘Karen’ vibes. I do still think there is a valid issue at hand here, and I for one appreciate your willingness to continue addressing it with the dev team.

It’s unfortunate this is going down at this time of year, with so much going on in the world. All of that is not helping for sure. Happy holidays to all.
  • Options
    IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they were saving it for a Christmas gift and we're like the bratty kids asking why they hid the PS5 that we clearly saw in the bottom of the wardrobe?

Seems unlikely, but that would qualify under "can't" in my book. I'm sorry Shan is in the difficult position of explaining this, but the whole "we changed it once, but can't change it back" is pretty weak without specifics. Maybe time will make us look a little bratty, but even if the towel version is free, there's a lot of players who worked hard to get something less desirable when they would have received the advertised prize for free.

I tried to think of an analogy, but it didn't work out. :)

Analogy:

Sign in Electronics Store Window: 95" OLED 4K Ultra HD TV $99.

Salesperson in Electronics Store: "Oops. Looks like we just sold the last one. Here's a perfectly good 30" 1024 HD TV for $399."

I'm sorry, but that isn't even close to an accurate analogy.

Functionally, it is exactly the same card. Traits, stats, etc. It performs exactly the same as advertised. The only thing that is different is the frame (art) the "TV" is in. The pixels, size, etc. is not affected. Nor has the price quadrupled.

Be (justifiably) upset, but please don't exaggerate needlessly. It doesn't help anyone.
  • Options
    Cpt_insano_2k1Cpt_insano_2k1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    IceCat wrote: »
    Maybe they were saving it for a Christmas gift and we're like the bratty kids asking why they hid the PS5 that we clearly saw in the bottom of the wardrobe?

Seems unlikely, but that would qualify under "can't" in my book. I'm sorry Shan is in the difficult position of explaining this, but the whole "we changed it once, but can't change it back" is pretty weak without specifics. Maybe time will make us look a little bratty, but even if the towel version is free, there's a lot of players who worked hard to get something less desirable when they would have received the advertised prize for free.

I tried to think of an analogy, but it didn't work out. :)

Analogy:

Sign in Electronics Store Window: 95" OLED 4K Ultra HD TV $99.

Salesperson in Electronics Store: "Oops. Looks like we just sold the last one. Here's a perfectly good 30" 1024 HD TV for $399."

I'm sorry, but that isn't even close to an accurate analogy.

Functionally, it is exactly the same card. Traits, stats, etc. It performs exactly the same as advertised. The only thing that is different is the frame (art) the "TV" is in. The pixels, size, etc. is not affected. Nor has the price quadrupled.

Be (justifiably) upset, but please don't exaggerate needlessly. It doesn't help anyone.

Be honest when you consider the following 3 part scenario:

1. What is your favorite, existing stt card?
    2. Can I change the art to something else that represents something entirely different about the character?
    3. Never mind, I changed it anyway.
This discussion has been closed.