Home The Bridge
Options

Adira Tal Art Change

Comments

• Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    First off, thanks to Shan and the rest of the WRG team for getting on top of this so quickly this week. Of all the possible outcomes, this seems to be the best and I think is quite fair.

At the risk of looking a gift horse in the mouth, however: why the same you-can-only-get-three-copies-from-temporary-achievements thing like we had with Homesteader Janeway? Will Towel Tal have similarly solid stats and traits? Because if they are closer to Bones in terms of overall utility, having to get the remaining two stars with dil or by going back in time and finishing in the top 25 of that event are not ideal in terms of value.
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the risk of looking a gift horse in the mouth...

If they are closer to Bones in terms of overall utility, having to get the remaining two stars with dil or by going back in time and finishing in the top 25 of that event are not ideal in terms of value.

I think the solution they came up with is fine. Especially for those who were really torn up about that issue.

I also think you really look a gift horse in the mouth. Cause in case the card would be valuable stats wise there is also, like always, option C: Use citations to complete the card.

• Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭

If they are closer to Bones in terms of overall utility, having to get the remaining two stars with dil or by going back in time and finishing in the top 25 of that event are not ideal in terms of value.

I think the solution they came up with is fine. Especially for those who were really torn up about that issue.

I also think you really look a gift horse in the mouth. Cause in case the card would be valuable stats wise there is also, like always, option C: Use citations to complete the card.

@Dirk Gunderson has a point though. With Homesteader Janeway many people expressed their disappointment about only getting 3 free copies. I was hoping they would go back to McCoy's rollout format after all that feedback. Maybe they had even planned to do so but just cancelled one copy now due to the circumstances. This kind of sets in stone the "get 3 for free, buy 2" format though. That is a bit sad for the future.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    This kind of sets in stone the "get 3 for free, buy 2" format though. That is a bit sad for the future.

You also said earlier: You are more than happy with this solution. That apart set in stone things are never good obviously. And I think in a mobile game nothing is set in stone forever. Gameplaywise I am craving for something new like many in here, but various quality of life improvements, more generous offers etc. at least happen all the time. If not in the pace we would prefer...

• Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Shan wrote: »
    Hi everyone, as explained last week we did have a meeting about this.
    The outcome is explained here: http://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/17295/adira-art-change-remedy/

@Shan

Thank you for updating us an hope you had a few good festive days‽

Also thank you to the Team /Studio for finding this solution, hopefully every player will be happy with.
    I certainly am!

But for consistency: Is there a possibility of giving „EDF Adira“ a four letter designation?

UEDF Adira?

It’s called United Earth Defense Force, not only Earth Defense Force :warning:
    ce4498rfg4ih.jpeg

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/United_Earth_Defense_Force_personnel

Just trying to help avoid another burst of emotions :wink:

Do they actually refer to it as United Earth Defense Force in the episode, or is that a Memory Alpha embellishment based on script? Because the badge only seems to have an "EDF" on it, with the fourth quadrant being a slice of the planet.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    About the "get 3 buy 2" comment.
    That depends of course on if citations or other copies of "towel Adira" are be made obtainable to F2P players.
    An honor sale with citations (convergence day?) before february or an event with towel adira as reward at a later stage, would help with that. 390 packs with her in it are also an option but of course dilitium is rare for f2p unless you live in good offer-wall region
  • Options
    And Ben talked about exiting things in the new year. New event type, rethinking reward structures. They already trying new things with hybrids, campaign, lto offers.
    So who knows.
  • Options
    KPan [ISA]KPan [ISA] ✭✭✭✭
    And Ben talked about exiting things in the new year. New event type, rethinking reward structures. They already trying new things with hybrids, campaign, lto offers.
    So who knows.

Thats why I am really excited for him to be back on the podcast on the 6th.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am very happy. I was playing for ANY gold, since my roster is evolving very quickly, and the stats and future potential was a big plus for me. I was hoping for one, and I had a chance of that with normal competition, but, considering the desirability, I had accepted I would not get one. Even at 3/5*, Adira Tal will be very welcome in my roster. I can wait for a chance for stars in eighteen months or so.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Hi everyone, as explained last week we did have a meeting about this.
    The outcome is explained here: http://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/17295/adira-art-change-remedy/

Now, that is how you treat players, to maintain confidence in the company and the game! Very well done! And please pass along to the whole team, this is a great response!

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Options

"Dirk Gunderson" has a point though. With Homesteader Janeway many people expressed their disappointment about only getting 3 free copies. I was hoping they would go back to McCoy's rollout format after all that feedback. Maybe they had even planned to do so but just cancelled one copy now due to the circumstances. This kind of sets in stone the "get 3 for free, buy 2" format though. That is a bit sad for the future.

Yup! Only three freebies plus a pack offer (as was the case for Homesteader Janeway and not counting any further stars awarded due to EDF Adira’s event) means citations, which are routinely decried as being too expensive in terms of honor, or by setting a ton of dilithium on fire on a Tuesday-style pack. It’s clearly a tool employed by TP to drive some sales, and perhaps drove more sales for Janeway than the $10 LTO offered for Bones.

If Towel Adira is very strong, that’s not really unreasonable even in light of a major celebration and the precedent set by Bones’ release. (Having an honor sale running at the same time wouldn’t hurt either, of course.) If, however, they’re a Bones-style DIP monster, two-skill popsicle bait, or otherwise disappointing...the cash grab becomes far less excusable.

Either way, we’ll see how things shake out in two weeks.
  • Options
    dext74 wrote: »
    I want to jump in as someone who has participated in these discussions, that I'm impressed by the depth of the response and solution thats being offered.

I'm just still a little burned by the road traveled to get here in the first place. I think the player base remains rattled by the handful of serious issues that have impacted players and the amount of raising pitchforks that it takes to get to this solution through the multitude of initial responses. It's hardly the first time that we've been here with out of touch CS solutions that dont grasp the impact that decisions have on the game and players.

I fully accept the admission of fault and the commitment to reviewing what went wrong and preventing it in the future. There's obviously no ability to have a manual that outlines how to handle the swapping of an artwork.

But I'd be lying if I said I didn't go forward in the game with an amount of trepidation into events and announcements from TP, unsure if things will stay as is, or if some large issue will impact the player base that won't be handled respectfully without more rallying and pitchforks.

If anything comes player base in the review process, I would hope for TP to insist more of their development team members actually play the game they work on and - maybe it would help them better understand the impacts that decisions, both positive and negative, have on a very vocal and loyal player base.

I was going to type my thoughts but you have summed them up perfectly for me.

Happy with the solution. Happy with the nice, thoughtful, well-written in-game (very important that EVERYONE not just forum dwellers saw it) message. But the road travelled to get here..
    :shudder:
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    This kind of sets in stone the "get 3 for free, buy 2" format though. That is a bit sad for the future.

You also said earlier: You are more than happy with this solution. That apart set in stone things are never good obviously. And I think in a mobile game nothing is set in stone forever. Gameplaywise I am craving for something new like many in here, but various quality of life improvements, more generous offers etc. at least happen all the time. If not in the pace we would prefer...

I had not thought it through before Dirk postet his comment.

Nothing is ever set in stone is true to some extent but settled things tend to change slowly and most things never change at all.

I have Adira at 1/5 so I was very happy to get her to 4/5. One cite is no issue, I gladly spend it.

But I have Janeway at 3/5 and never use her for anything. Two cites are not warranted. Besides her I have 25 other 3/5s, among them Juliana Tainer, Prophet Sarah Sisko, Survivalist Kirk, Honored Owosekun, Krenim Guest Chakotay, Phlox au Naturel and Dr. Van Gogh. Great cards, but all useless at 3/5. Still, you cannot cite everyone.

So for the future I see the free 3/5s sceptical as they will only be added to that graveyard until they finally hit the portal at some point.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    EDIT: deleted

I didn't mean to start a polemic, I just wanted to point out why I think that the 3-tiers achievement is the best solution, since others were disappointed with it. I certainly don't want to start a new argument and maybe it's best if I take a few days off from the forum :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess that this solution was implemented mainly for those who competed for Adira in the original event, with the addition of something for everyone else, to regain the trust of the players.

If the achievement gave out 4 free copies of the card, then everyone who already ranked for more than one would probably feel cheated again. And those are the people who were affected the most by the mistake, since they used up a lot of resources to get multiple copies of a crew that was subsequently changed.

Maybe read the entire announcement. We will wait.......

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't expect such a good solution to this issue. This is pretty impressive. Glad the team came up with a good solution to make this right. Early communications made me think the decision makers weren't taking this seriously enough. It's good to see that they exceeded my expectations. It's a shame RL kept me too busy to compete in the event. It sure would have been nice to get a 4/5 instead of a 3/5. Them's the breaks, though.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Cpt_insano_2k1Cpt_insano_2k1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the horse is pretty much dead.

This was a phenomenal solution to what initially seemed like a kobayashi maru. Well done, tp/wr

I think this thread has served its purpose. If others feel slighted by this solution, they should probably take it up with tech support.
  • Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Yup. Someone who ranked for three copies told me that they were a bit disappointed they'll end up with a 6/5 and will airlock a copy.

Just my 2c, but griping about only 3 copies (+1 or more for ranking) of a gold for free not being enough is so unbecoming. Everybody who competed for Adira's towel art will be getting more copies than they otherwise would have. Everybody who competed for Adira's card power gets to keep what they earned and get 4 (or more) copies of another legendary for essentially free.

Where are the cash grab complaints for only getting four copies of the mega recurring? Should they reduce them from four copies to one in the future so that everybody is happy? smh...

I’m happy with the announcement in general and hope this helps smooth things over for those that felt slighted. I’ve been in a couple of discussions about these spare copies. I’m not sure people are complaining so much, but I do wonder if it’s an oversight from WRG.

If you ranked in the Top 15 for that event, you’ll receive between 3 and 5 copies of the new Adira. But with the 3 from temporary achievements, you don’t need that many to make an immortal.

Unless new Adira has amazing stats, they won’t be worth making into a dupe. So essentially, everyone who finished top 25 (to get at least 2 free copies) is getting the same compensation as those who finished much higher.

I finished 5th and am considering writing a friendly ticket to see if they’ll allow me to swap 2 of the free new Adiras for someone else or citations.
  • Options
    I guess that this solution was implemented mainly for those who competed for Adira in the original event, with the addition of something for everyone else, to regain the trust of the players.

If the achievement gave out 4 free copies of the card, then everyone who already ranked for more than one would probably feel cheated again. And those are the people who were affected the most by the mistake, since they used up a lot of resources to get multiple copies of a crew that was subsequently changed.

Yup. Someone who ranked for three copies told me that they were a bit disappointed they'll end up with a 6/5 and will airlock a copy.

Just my 2c, but griping about only 3 copies (+1 or more for ranking) of a gold for free not being enough is so unbecoming. Everybody who competed for Adira's towel art will be getting more copies than they otherwise would have. Everybody who competed for Adira's card power gets to keep what they earned and get 4 (or more) copies of another legendary for essentially free.

Where are the cash grab complaints for only getting four copies of the mega recurring? Should they reduce them from four copies to one in the future so that everybody is happy? smh...

I’m not sure I follow here. Homesteader Janeway and Towel Adira are being compared to Bones, given the circumstances of how all three of them were introduced. Adira is a special case given the additional reward for those who ranked in their event, of course, but the point stands: a $10 LTO is better for the players than having to spend anywhere from $10 to $500+ on dilithium to fund pack purchases or 100,000 honor.
  • Options
    DragenDragen ✭✭✭
    I’m not sure I follow here. Homesteader Janeway and Towel Adira are being compared to Bones, given the circumstances of how all three of them were introduced. Adira is a special case given the additional reward for those who ranked in their event, of course, but the point stands: a $10 LTO is better for the players than having to spend anywhere from $10 to $500+ on dilithium to fund pack purchases or 100,000 honor.

I guess the point is that expressing disappointment over a free gift comes across as rather ungrateful.

• Options
    Dragen wrote: »

I guess the point is that expressing disappointment over a free gift comes across as rather ungrateful.

And that seems to miss the point that it’s not a free gift if you have to spend dozens or hundreds of dollars to make use of it.
  • Options
    I, too, am happy about the solution with one exception. For the 1500 players who are now getting essentially a free additional gold crew, we need an additional crew slot to go with that! Throwing in a free gold, especially for many who would end up with it as a 4/5 with achievements, is a wonderful gesture, but throws off the balance of the ever dwindling crew slot problem.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m happy with the announcement in general and hope this helps smooth things over for those that felt slighted. I’ve been in a couple of discussions about these spare copies. I’m not sure people are complaining so much, but I do wonder if it’s an oversight from WRG.

If you ranked in the Top 15 for that event, you’ll receive between 3 and 5 copies of the new Adira. But with the 3 from temporary achievements, you don’t need that many to make an immortal.

Unless new Adira has amazing stats, they won’t be worth making into a dupe. So essentially, everyone who finished top 25 (to get at least 2 free copies) is getting the same compensation as those who finished much higher.

I finished 5th and am considering writing a friendly ticket to see if they’ll allow me to swap 2 of the free new Adiras for someone else or citations.

For 5th place, you got 4 copies of UEDF Adira. And you'll be getting 4 copies of towel art Adidas. Frankly, I think it would be a bit greedy to ask for more than a 4/5, a 5/5, and a 2/5 start on a second copy. No one else who had made a top 5 finish has ever been so richly rewarded. Just my two cents.

But I'm a big proponent of letting CS know if you feel the solution is not fair. By all means, put in the ticket and let them know what you think would be more appropriate.

Congrats on top 5, btw. I hope to achieve that someday.

Thank you, took a lot of working flipping shuttles around for 4 days. I’m sure you could easily do it too - just need to save tokens and boosts for a long time and have a good amount of bonus variant crew. It’s fairly easy to save them while still hitting top 1500 for a copy of the gold.

I don’t agree that it’s greedy. The compensation is clearly designed to reward players more depending on final rank, it just seems to me that it might be an oversight that it effectively tops out at rank 25.
This discussion has been closed.