Home The Bridge
Options

Adira Tal Art Change

Comments

• Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    I’ve been in a couple of discussions about this. I’m not sure people are complaining so much, but I do wonder if it’s an oversight from WRG.

If you ranked in the Top 15 for that event, you’ll receive between 3 and 5 copies of the new Adira. But with the 3 from temporary achievements, you don’t need that many to make an immortal.

Unless new Adira has amazing stats, they won’t be worth making into a dupe. So essentially, everyone who finished top 25 (to get at least 2 free copies) is getting the same compensation as those who finished much higher.

I finished 5th and am considering writing a friendly ticket to see if they’ll allow me to swap 2 of the free new Adiras for someone else or citations.

I appreciate the intent to write a friendly ticket, always - but that is not a request that would be approved.

Thanks Shan that saves me the time :) Can I ask why?

• Options
    DragenDragen ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Dragen wrote: »
    I’m not sure I follow here. Homesteader Janeway and Towel Adira are being compared to Bones, given the circumstances of how all three of them were introduced. Adira is a special case given the additional reward for those who ranked in their event, of course, but the point stands: a $10 LTO is better for the players than having to spend anywhere from $10 to $500+ on dilithium to fund pack purchases or 100,000 honor.

I guess the point is that expressing disappointment over a free gift comes across as rather ungrateful.

And that seems to miss the point that it’s not a free gift if you have to spend dozens or hundreds of dollars to make use of it.

No, you don’t have to spend anything on it to make use of it: You can leave the card at 3/5 or you can airlock all 3 copies and use the 1500 honor. Whether one uses the card or not does not change the fact that it is a free gift.
  • Options

I appreciate the intent to write a friendly ticket, always - but that is not a request that would be approved.

Thanks Shan that saves me the time :) Can I ask why?

Because crew swapping is not something that is done.
    Our goal with the action plan we put forth is to make things as right, fair and broad as possible.
    That will never be perfect for everyone, but that is the nature of this kind of actions.

It’s a good plan in general, I hope people don’t think me or anyone else here is being ungrateful by pointing out the small issue.

Will agree to disagree regarding swapping the spares, it’s only up to 15 players this affects, but thanks again for saving me the time putting in a ticket.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m not sure I follow here. Homesteader Janeway and Towel Adira are being compared to Bones, given the circumstances of how all three of them were introduced. Adira is a special case given the additional reward for those who ranked in their event, of course, but the point stands: a $10 LTO is better for the players than having to spend anywhere from $10 to $500+ on dilithium to fund pack purchases or 100,000 honor.

I guess the point is that expressing disappointment over a free gift comes across as rather ungrateful.

With good reason.......
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup. Someone who ranked for three copies told me that they were a bit disappointed they'll end up with a 6/5 and will airlock a copy.

Just my 2c, but griping about only 3 copies (+1 or more for ranking) of a gold for free not being enough is so unbecoming. Everybody who competed for Adira's towel art will be getting more copies than they otherwise would have. Everybody who competed for Adira's card power gets to keep what they earned and get 4 (or more) copies of another legendary for essentially free.

Where are the cash grab complaints for only getting four copies of the mega recurring? Should they reduce them from four copies to one in the future so that everybody is happy? smh...

I’m happy with the announcement in general and hope this helps smooth things over for those that felt slighted. I’ve been in a couple of discussions about these spare copies. I’m not sure people are complaining so much, but I do wonder if it’s an oversight from WRG.

If you ranked in the Top 15 for that event, you’ll receive between 3 and 5 copies of the new Adira. But with the 3 from temporary achievements, you don’t need that many to make an immortal.

Unless new Adira has amazing stats, they won’t be worth making into a dupe. So essentially, everyone who finished top 25 (to get at least 2 free copies) is getting the same compensation as those who finished much higher.

I finished 5th and am considering writing a friendly ticket to see if they’ll allow me to swap 2 of the free new Adiras for someone else or citations.

For 5th place, you got 4 copies of UEDF Adira. And you'll be getting 4 copies of towel art Adidas. Frankly, I think it would be a bit greedy to ask for more than a 4/5, a 5/5, and a 2/5 start on a second copy. No one else who had made a top 5 finish has ever been so richly rewarded. Just my two cents.

But I'm a big proponent of letting CS know if you feel the solution is not fair. By all means, put in the ticket and let them know what you think would be more appropriate.

Congrats on top 5, btw. I hope to achieve that someday.

Thank you, took a lot of working flipping shuttles around for 4 days. I’m sure you could easily do it too - just need to save tokens and boosts for a long time and have a good amount of bonus variant crew. It’s fairly easy to save them while still hitting top 1500 for a copy of the gold.

I don’t agree that it’s greedy. The compensation is clearly designed to reward players more depending on final rank, it just seems to me that it might be an oversight that it effectively tops out at rank 25.

Saving boosts and tokens is my current plan. I think I'm half way to what I need. That and hope for a less competitive event to come along.

Greedy wasn't a good word for what I meant. But my point about getting the less desired art at 4/5 and the more desired art at 7/5 still stands. That is a very rich reward. You can have both variants (the only ones for that character in the game) at 5/5 for the low cost of one citation. You can start another copy or take the 1,100 honor on top of that. No top 5 finisher has ever been so well rewarded.

Places 16-25 will only have one 2/5 and the other at 5/5. Places 6-15 will have one at 6/5 and the other at 3/5. The top 5 will either spend fewer citations or have a clear advantage in the next Adira Tal event. If anything, I wish this had happened during one of my top 15 finishes. I would have loved to get three copies of two McCoy's, two Riker's, or two of whoever else I got, even if I airlocked one or started another copy. I would be over the moon! But that's just me.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Yup. Someone who ranked for three copies told me that they were a bit disappointed they'll end up with a 6/5 and will airlock a copy.

Just my 2c, but griping about only 3 copies (+1 or more for ranking) of a gold for free not being enough is so unbecoming. Everybody who competed for Adira's towel art will be getting more copies than they otherwise would have. Everybody who competed for Adira's card power gets to keep what they earned and get 4 (or more) copies of another legendary for essentially free.

Where are the cash grab complaints for only getting four copies of the mega recurring? Should they reduce them from four copies to one in the future so that everybody is happy? smh...

I’m happy with the announcement in general and hope this helps smooth things over for those that felt slighted. I’ve been in a couple of discussions about these spare copies. I’m not sure people are complaining so much, but I do wonder if it’s an oversight from WRG.

For 5th place, you got 4 copies of UEDF Adira. And you'll be getting 4 copies of towel art Adidas. Frankly, I think it would be a bit greedy to ask for more than a 4/5, a 5/5, and a 2/5 start on a second copy. No one else who had made a top 5 finish has ever been so richly rewarded. Just my two cents.

But I'm a big proponent of letting CS know if you feel the solution is not fair. By all means, put in the ticket and let them know what you think would be more appropriate.

Thank you, took a lot of working flipping shuttles around for 4 days. I’m sure you could easily do it too - just need to save tokens and boosts for a long time and have a good amount of bonus variant crew. It’s fairly easy to save them while still hitting top 1500 for a copy of the gold.

I don’t agree that it’s greedy. The compensation is clearly designed to reward players more depending on final rank, it just seems to me that it might be an oversight that it effectively tops out at rank 25.

Saving boosts and tokens is my current plan. I think I'm half way to what I need. That and hope for a less competitive event to come along.

Greedy wasn't a good word for what I meant. But my point about getting the less desired art at 4/5 and the more desired art at 7/5 still stands. That is a very rich reward. You can have both variants (the only ones for that character in the game) at 5/5 for the low cost of one citation. You can start another copy or take the 1,100 honor on top of that. No top 5 finisher has ever been so well rewarded.

Places 16-25 will only have one 2/5 and the other at 5/5. Places 6-15 will have one at 6/5 and the other at 3/5. The top 5 will either spend fewer citations or have a clear advantage in the next Adira Tal event. If anything, I wish this had happened during one of my top 15 finishes. I would have loved to get three copies of two McCoy's, two Riker's, or two of whoever else I got, even if I airlocked one or started another copy. I would be over the moon! But that's just me.

For the 5th place I waited for a pure faction during a megaevent where there was likely to be lots of variants, rather than waiting for a less popular event. But I’ve seen the latter work for plenty of people too. I used about 200 tokens and 150 ish reward doublers amongst other boosts.

It’s still entirely possible the new Adira will be dupe and cite worthy too, so I’ll wait and see.
  • Options

For the 5th place I waited for a pure faction during a megaevent where there was likely to be lots of variants, rather than waiting for a less popular event. But I’ve seen the latter work for plenty of people too. I used about 200 tokens and 150 ish reward doublers amongst other boosts.

It’s still entirely possible the new Adira will be cite worthy too, so I’ll wait and see.

Hmm... then I'm just under halfway to my top 5 goal. I'm light on the doublers.

After all this... I hope Towel Tal has like 10 traits and is a top 50 voyage crew. I think the devs know that we'll be watching that card closely. Given their excellent (though maybe less than perfect) response to the initial issue, I have enough confidence that the devs will get the new card right. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

And that seems to miss the point that it’s not a free gift if you have to spend dozens or hundreds of dollars to make use of it.

No, you don’t have to spend anything on it to make use of it: You can leave the card at 3/5 or you can airlock all 3 copies and use the 1500 honor. Whether one uses the card or not does not change the fact that it is a free gift.

There certainly are players who will be able to make use of a 3/5* crew. They’ll be ecstatic to have the help, and rightly so. For everyone else, that’s a lost crew slot, lost honor/dil/cash, or a pittance in honor from airlocking.

Let’s frame this discussion another way: if I had 1500 pounds of potatoes delivered to your house and dumped in your front yard, paid in full (including shipping), how happy would you be? Potatoes are pretty robust and you certainly could leave them be for a while, but at some point it’s going to be a burden. By your logic, you should never be allowed to be disappointed by such a gift, because you could use them or sell them to others (most likely at a discount compared to store prices) regardless of how burdensome it is to do so.

Am I demanding we return to the Bones-style setup? No, as I recognize that a single-skill crew like Bones is limited to basically one purpose and therefore carries less value than a solid voyager like Homesteader Janeway. If Towel Adira is designed like Janeway in terms of skills and traits, I would think offering a fourth star through temporary achievements and then letting people roll the dice on a special pack, one of those 1500-dil beholds, or just taking a $25 DYC could be a quite fair value.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Bad analogy. You have never seen my family eat potatoes. 😂 We have been known to eat them three meals a days, five pounds for three or four people. A small family gathering calls for twenty. A wedding or reunion would be 50+.
    Honestly though, at 3/5* she will probably see a good bit of use, even in my nearly two year old roster. I use Homesteader Janeway a bit. I really need to work on her some. She's in limbo. I have better crew in some of what I currently have immortal, though, fully equipped, she would top several. I just haven't had a reason to pull her to the top of the pile to work on. If she pops up as event crew, I probably FE her and use her more
    At 3/5*, she doesn't have quite enough Med to help that stat and that is where my roster lacks depth. Half my top ten for Med core skill are 4* crew- Tanis, CM Paris, Nexus Guinan, RAF Bashir, and Jurati. None of the four FF crew with Med I have left to work on will help and I don't think they will stay out for any reason- core or proficiency of another skill. Medic Reno and Culber will help some, but not as much as I'd like.
    I'm in better shape to improve my Engineering, then Science. Command, Security, and Diplomacy are in good a pretty good place. I have at least ten crew there that can offer 1000+ base for those. Determined Janeway is my only immortal Eng primary gold. Queen PO is getting there and Talas will be very helpful eventually. If this Adira can offer me any decent amount in Med, Eng, or Sci, they will be a busy crew.
    Lots of my 4* crew are heading to stasis as the 5*s are moving up. I have nine free slots and more will be coming. If slots aren't an issue, this isn't a bad deal at all.
    Really, this is a real boon to those that may have gotten Adira, if there had been less competition.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this is probably the best possible solution to all of this. It isn't perfect, but I think that it is more than fair.

I am grateful and happy with this result as a top 1500 player. Having said that, I would have been satisfied even if I hadn't gotten Adira from the event.

I think this shows that a game like this has a lot of moving pieces, particularly one with an intellectual property such as Star Trek. When all these cogs are in place perfectly, no one notices all the hard work that goes into keeping the machine going. It is something I think we all take for granted from time to time.

Sometimes though, a cog breaks or malfunctions and it is very noticeable. Which is a very difficult and complex challenge to diagnose, fix and prevent from happening again. This is very evident with a situation like this, where there a multiple layers of decision making and legal ramifications in place.

I hope that the post mortem that the studio will do will prevent something like this from happening again. And I think it will. They realise this was a pretty big mistake and something clearly fell through the cracks.

I think this entire incident is a lesson in patience, communication and oversight, for both players and the company. I hope lessons are learned on all sides, to prevent such an ugly episode from happening again in the future.

A sincere thank you to @Shan , the rest of the team, and the people of this forum who advocated on our behalf in a respectful manner. This was a difficult situation for all involved, and I think it is now resolved to the satisfaction of the majority on both sides.

LLAP 🖖
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess that this solution was implemented mainly for those who competed for Adira in the original event, with the addition of something for everyone else, to regain the trust of the players.

If the achievement gave out 4 free copies of the card, then everyone who already ranked for more than one would probably feel cheated again. And those are the people who were affected the most by the mistake, since they used up a lot of resources to get multiple copies of a crew that was subsequently changed.

Anyone who ranked for the card will be getting four copies. There's a $25 DYC for anyone who doesn't want to use 50k (40k) honor or just keep Adira at 4/5. Not sure where the $500 figure is coming from.

I don't see how anything less than a free, fully fused gold is a burden, unless the player is only keeping crew whose event they placed #1 in.
  • Options
    Wildstar19Wildstar19 ✭✭✭✭
    It's a sad, pathetic commentary on the state of our world that so many people would get so upset over such a banal and trivial matter such as an art change. Really? In 2020? This really matters that much? No, it doesn't. Sad, sad, sad.
    Hurry up before those things eat Guy!
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    I think what some people are missing in the comparison is reading between the lines. It looks like Towel Adira was meant to be the Convergence Day temporary achievement. Because of the event screw up WRG is now giving one free copy to players who ranked in the event. The temporary achievement copies were likely always planned. They were just announced now rather than later so players don't complain about getting one copy, airlocking them and then finding out about 3 copies.

Was that between the lines? I thought this was crystal clear for everyone.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think what some people are missing in the comparison is reading between the lines. It looks like Towel Adira was meant to be the Convergence Day temporary achievement. Because of the event screw up WRG is now giving one free copy to players who ranked in the event. The temporary achievement copies were likely always planned. They were just announced now rather than later so players don't complain about getting one copy, airlocking them and then finding out about 3 copies.

Was that between the lines? I thought this was crystal clear for everyone.

Apparently not. Since it was in a post titled "Adira Art Change Remedy", some people are reading the entire thing as compensation for the change, including giving all players 3 copies of the new Adira.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »

There certainly are players who will be able to make use of a 3/5* crew. They’ll be ecstatic to have the help, and rightly so. For everyone else, that’s a lost crew slot, lost honor/dil/cash, or a pittance in honor from airlocking.

Let’s frame this discussion another way: if I had 1500 pounds of potatoes delivered to your house and dumped in your front yard, paid in full (including shipping), how happy would you be? Potatoes are pretty robust and you certainly could leave them be for a while, but at some point it’s going to be a burden. By your logic, you should never be allowed to be disappointed by such a gift, because you could use them or sell them to others (most likely at a discount compared to store prices) regardless of how burdensome it is to do so.

Am I demanding we return to the Bones-style setup? No, as I recognize that a single-skill crew like Bones is limited to basically one purpose and therefore carries less value than a solid voyager like Homesteader Janeway. If Towel Adira is designed like Janeway in terms of skills and traits, I would think offering a fourth star through temporary achievements and then letting people roll the dice on a special pack, one of those 1500-dil beholds, or just taking a $25 DYC could be a quite fair value.

So to be clear, we aren't looking the gift horse in the mouth, but rather trying to punch it until it bleeds.

TP has already gone above and beyond with this generous remedy, and while I don't think it was expected to make everyone happy, to pretend that they went halfway is beyond entitled. No one is obligated to do the temporary achievements, and even if they do complete them, one can just trade the prizes in for the pittance of 1650 honor if having Towel Adira take up space at 3/5 is too much for then.

Let’s be clear about something: I have absolutely no problem with the remedy portion of the deal. Awarding the same number of Towel Adiras that would have come from EDF Adira’s reward event is perhaps one of the very best “we messed up and want to make it up to the players” responses in the history of the game, if not the best. Imagine how differently Bevgate/Picardgate would have gone if that had been handled like this...and that was a crippling bug, not an art mistake. It also reaffirms the stout commitment to releasing pleasing character art, which has otherwise been evident on a weekly basis anyway.

No, the issue is the same one that was raised back when Homesteader Janeway was released: awarding only three from temporary achievements rather than four is specifically done to drive excessive spending. Bones was released with a $10 LTO. Mega event recurring legendaries draw DYCs and recap purchases for those who don’t save up honor or 5* citations. Homesteader Janeway and now Towel Adira (top 1500 players aside) cannot be immortalized, and thus made useful for many players, without being forced into spending dilithium on a low drop rate portal pack. “But what about saved up honor or citations?” The pack for Homesteader Janeway wouldn’t have been there if players were expected to only finish her with citations.
    I guess that this solution was implemented mainly for those who competed for Adira in the original event, with the addition of something for everyone else, to regain the trust of the players.

If the achievement gave out 4 free copies of the card, then everyone who already ranked for more than one would probably feel cheated again. And those are the people who were affected the most by the mistake, since they used up a lot of resources to get multiple copies of a crew that was subsequently changed.

Anyone who ranked for the card will be getting four copies. There's a $25 DYC for anyone who doesn't want to use 50k (40k) honor or just keep Adira at 4/5. Not sure where the $500 figure is coming from.

Homesteader Janeway was released for sale in a Tuesday-style pack, which carries incredibly low drop rates in the 650-dil version and merely a sadly low drop rate in a 6500-dil version. Some people certainly get lucky on these packs and land the crew they want without having to back up the Brinks truck to the dilithium store. That’s how I got Talas, for example, from sheer dumb luck on my first and only planned pull. Most people have to dump rather large quantities of dil (10,000, 20,000, or more) to still maybe not get any featured legendary from those packs...that’s how I didn’t get Gary Seven when he was first released. Unless you’re a scrupulous saver and deal hunter (such as those $50/9000 dil offers we’ve had recently or that awesome leap day offer from early in the year), having to drop 25-30k dilithium on a Tuesday-style pack is going to cost $300-400 at best.
    I don't see how anything less than a free, fully fused gold is a burden, unless the player is only keeping crew whose event they placed #1 in.

As many people as have complained about being strapped for crew slots, I find it simply impossible to not understand how a useless, partially-fused crew doesn’t constitute a burden.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Hi everyone, as explained last week we did have a meeting about this.
    The outcome is explained here: http://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/17295/adira-art-change-remedy/

@Shan

Thank you for updating us an hope you had a few good festive days‽

Also thank you to the Team /Studio for finding this solution, hopefully every player will be happy with.
    I certainly am!

But for consistency: Is there a possibility of giving „EDF Adira“ a four letter designation?

UEDF Adira?

It’s called United Earth Defense Force, not only Earth Defense Force

Shy Khan wrote: »
    The outcome is explained here: http://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/17295/adira-art-change-remedy/

@Shan

Also thank you to the Team /Studio for finding this solution, hopefully every player will be happy with.
    I certainly am!

But for consistency: Is there a possibility of giving „EDF Adira“ a four letter designation?

UEDF Adira?

It’s called United Earth Defense Force, not only Earth Defense Force :warning:

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/United_Earth_Defense_Force_personnel

Just trying to help avoid another burst of emotions :wink:

Do they actually refer to it as United Earth Defense Force in the episode, or is that a Memory Alpha embellishment based on script? Because the badge only seems to have an "EDF" on it, with the fourth quadrant being a slice of the planet.

Thank you for pointing me towards the badge and I looked it up. It really has the letters E, D, and F there as a design aspect. One could interpret the surrounding circle as “united”. Cool design idea by the prop department! Especially considering, that United Earth is no longer part of the Federation & Starfleet.

The term United Earth Defense Force (UEDF) is really spoken on screen and in the subtitles, so I take that as canon and not a wiki entry in memory Alpha/Beta/...

They also referring to Discovery being in violation of regulations C-1922 and F-031 of the UE charter by reaching earth’s perimeter.

Season 3, Episode 03
    wkk75r01cilb.jpeg
    Timecode 20:41:12

diclbhs3bar6.jpeg
    Timecode 21:11:10

So getting the correct name UEDF Adira would be appreciated, when the programmers are changing it anyway to the better :)

Sidenote: why does the majority say, there will be three additional „Towel Adira“ from rewards / reaching temporal achievements?
    I interpreted it as having to achieve those three temporal achievements, and completion of those will reward me with one copy of „Towel“ Joined Adira Tal …
    The new version of Adira (same as above - with the art shown initially) will be made available to everyone via three temporary achievements with goals easily achievable.

Don’t be so demanding- this is a fun game of competition and collecting. I don’t want to get things thrown at me (but I do love it when I can FF a card of a Charakter I like or card that helps me Play properly.

Remember the times, when we long time players had to level cards to match up the requirements for unlocking the missions on the global space map territorial/faction missions?

Would love to get those challenges back …
    Any chance for that?
    Looking for a fine fleet? With the game having reached the age of a small child, players went and newly joined. We are an active fleet and are also connected in friendship with Klingons. Grab your daily starbase donations. Get your daily Fleet Boss Battles rewards guaranteed? Chat about Trek? Want more than just the game? Consider joining [TLA] "The Liberal Alliance"Contact me in-game [TLA] Khazaan or even better on the LINE app, handle also "khazaan".
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

@Shan

I certainly am!

UEDF Adira?

It’s called United Earth Defense Force, not only Earth Defense Force

Shy Khan wrote: »

@Shan

I certainly am!

UEDF Adira?

It’s called United Earth Defense Force, not only Earth Defense Force :warning:

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/United_Earth_Defense_Force_personnel

Just trying to help avoid another burst of emotions :wink:

Do they actually refer to it as United Earth Defense Force in the episode, or is that a Memory Alpha embellishment based on script? Because the badge only seems to have an "EDF" on it, with the fourth quadrant being a slice of the planet.

Thank you for pointing me towards the batch and I looked it up. It really has the letters E, D, and F there as a design aspect. One could interpret the surrounding circle as “united”. Cool design idea by the prop department! Especially considering, that United Earth is no longer part of the Federation & Starfleet.

The term United Earth Defense Force (UEDF) is really spoken on screen and in the subtitles, so I take that as canon and not a wiki entry in memory Alpha/Beta/...

They also referring to Discovery being in violation of regulations C-1922 and F-031 of the UE charter by reaching earth’s perimeter.

Season 3, Episode 03
    wkk75r01cilb.jpeg
    Timecode 20:41:12

diclbhs3bar6.jpeg
    Timecode 21:11:10

So getting the correct name UEDF Adira would be appreciated, when the programmers are changing it anyway to the better :)

Sidenote: why does the majority say, there will be three additional „Towel Adira“ from rewards / reaching temporal achievements?
    I interpreted it as having to achieve those three temporal achievements, and completion of those will reward me with one copy of „Towel“ Joined Adira Tal …
    The new version of Adira (same as above - with the art shown initially) will be made available to everyone via three temporary achievements with goals easily achievable.

Don’t be so demanding- this is a fun game of competition and collecting. I don’t want to get things thrown at me (but I do love it when I can FF a card of a Charakter I like or card that helps me Play properly.

Remember the times, when we long time players had to level cards to match up the requirements for unlocking the missions on the global space map territorial/faction missions?

Would love to get those challenges back …
    Any chance for that?

Based on previous Temporary Achievements, completing each one gives a copy. Maybe Shan can clarify if this is going to be different.....

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭

So to be clear, we aren't looking the gift horse in the mouth, but rather trying to punch it until it bleeds.

TP has already gone above and beyond with this generous remedy, and while I don't think it was expected to make everyone happy, to pretend that they went halfway is beyond entitled. No one is obligated to do the temporary achievements, and even if they do complete them, one can just trade the prizes in for the pittance of 1650 honor if having Towel Adira take up space at 3/5 is too much for then.

Let’s be clear about something: I have absolutely no problem with the remedy portion of the deal. Awarding the same number of Towel Adiras that would have come from EDF Adira’s reward event is perhaps one of the very best “we messed up and want to make it up to the players” responses in the history of the game, if not the best. Imagine how differently Bevgate/Picardgate would have gone if that had been handled like this...and that was a crippling bug, not an art mistake. It also reaffirms the stout commitment to releasing pleasing character art, which has otherwise been evident on a weekly basis anyway.

No, the issue is the same one that was raised back when Homesteader Janeway was released: awarding only three from temporary achievements rather than four is specifically done to drive excessive spending. Bones was released with a $10 LTO. Mega event recurring legendaries draw DYCs and recap purchases for those who don’t save up honor or 5* citations. Homesteader Janeway and now Towel Adira (top 1500 players aside) cannot be immortalized, and thus made useful for many players, without being forced into spending dilithium on a low drop rate portal pack. “But what about saved up honor or citations?” The pack for Homesteader Janeway wouldn’t have been there if players were expected to only finish her with citations.

Homesteader Janeway was released for sale in a Tuesday-style pack, which carries incredibly low drop rates in the 650-dil version and merely a sadly low drop rate in a 6500-dil version. Some people certainly get lucky on these packs and land the crew they want without having to back up the Brinks truck to the dilithium store. That’s how I got Talas, for example, from sheer dumb luck on my first and only planned pull. Most people have to dump rather large quantities of dil (10,000, 20,000, or more) to still maybe not get any featured legendary from those packs...that’s how I didn’t get Gary Seven when he was first released. Unless you’re a scrupulous saver and deal hunter (such as those $50/9000 dil offers we’ve had recently or that awesome leap day offer from early in the year), having to drop 25-30k dilithium on a Tuesday-style pack is going to cost $300-400 at best.

As many people as have complained about being strapped for crew slots, I find it simply impossible to not understand how a useless, partially-fused crew doesn’t constitute a burden.
    The cheapest way to finish Janeway would have been to DYC her twice, equalling to 50 $ afaik (I have never seen the second offer as I never buy the first).

Yes, 50 $ are not 300, but it is still too much imho.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options

The cheapest way to finish Janeway would have been to DYC her twice, equalling to 50 $ afaik (I have never seen the second offer as I never buy the first).

The offer pops up once, then there is a 24-hour cooldown. If you earn the first copy, buy the DYC, then wait 24 hours to claim the second copy, then you can buy the DYC again for the fourth star, then claim the third copy for the last star. It's rare that I buy a DYC, but it has happened. My game budget normally doesn't allow $25 for a star. But... some months I'm not a fan of the deals, so I'll splurge if the crew is a good one and not in portal yet.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Just now, as you're reading this, someone died from covid. Just now, as you're reading this, someone died from cancer. Just now, as you're reading, an accident occurred changing someone's life forever. Just now, as you're whining and arguing and complaining about a meaningless and wholly unimportant internet game, a new life entered the world. Talk about screwed up and mixed up priorities.

And if we spent all our time thinking like this we'd get bogged down and never do anything. It's OK for people to lose themselves a bit in a game, and maybe even get a little too riled up once in a while, instead of fretting over something bad happening to someone they've never met.

And we would never get that Sarah McLachlan song out of our heads.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020

The cheapest way to finish Janeway would have been 2 citations. 2 normal campaigns has that at $20. The last campaign would have meant $10. And honor saved from other purposes means 80k-100k honor and $0 in cost.

Not sure if you expect a rock now? ;)

/edit: I assumed that @Dirk Gunderson was referring to the price without ingame opportunity costs. None of your suggestions qualifies for that.

Janeway is not worth two citations, regardless their origin. Just like she is unworthy of 50 $.
  • Options
    IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just now, as you're reading this, someone died from covid. Just now, as you're reading this, someone died from cancer. Just now, as you're reading, an accident occurred changing someone's life forever. Just now, as you're whining and arguing and complaining about a meaningless and wholly unimportant internet game, a new life entered the world. Talk about screwed up and mixed up priorities.

If we only discussed the important things in life the Bridge would be empty and Shan would have to move every thread to the Holodeck where the STT unrelated stuff goes.

In a forum where the main focus is the game itself it is absurd to make such a demand.

Is the question of 3 or 4 copies lifechanging? Certainly not. But neither is each other thread in this forum. It is all about this little game and its pros and cons.

If you dislike such trivial discussions maybe this forum is not for you?

Not trying to start a fight here. I would just like to make that clear.

I think the point @Darth Skippy is making is not about the appropriateness of this thread in this forum. I think the point being made is that we should all probably take a step back and focus on what is really important. Which I think is a good message after all of this.

I also did not see any "demand" as you stated @Mirror Sanoa . Respectfully, I think you may have been a bit harsh and unfair in your statement.
This discussion has been closed.