Home The Bridge
Options

Adira Tal Art Change

Comments

• Options
    I have the perfect suggestion for a compromise. Leave them in the outfit but without the boots. Most of these compliants will be withdrawn.

Maybe have the towel on the ground too so people can't complain that it wasn't included. Or instead of hugging a PADD have them hugging a Data plushy. You CANNOT tell me people wouldn't be losing thier collective minds for that card.

FTFY
  • Options
    Thanks for pointing that out, I've corrected the pronouns.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Okay. Here is a major problem. If the artwork change is a "placeholder", until the correct artwork can be applied, that needed to be started up front, in a clear message. It sounds like the Customer "Support" boilerplate "solution" is "We will return the Boosts and such you used, and take the Crew back." If they are going to have the artwork that was originally promised, once whatever the issue is is cleared up, people needed to know that before they accepted the Customer "Service" "solution".

This is why, especially in specific cases, open, clear, transparent communication is important. If the correct artwork is suddenly applied later, then you are going to have 10+ pages of angry, upset player comments about how poorly this is being "handled" right now.

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Options
    Maybe they were saving it for a Christmas gift and we're like the bratty kids asking why they hid the PS5 that we clearly saw in the bottom of the wardrobe?

Always the first to admit when I'm wrong.

I called it WRONG. 🙂
  • Options
    That's a good outcome as far as I'm concerned; thank you, Shan. I am now very much looking forward to having a 4/5 Snuggly Adira within a few weeks. They may even get the citation from the campaign that I'm now willing to buy, after the temporary achievements are done.

I guess my only question remaining is whether people who took CS up on the "get the resources back if you hand in the [now EDF Adira] card" offer will now have the chance to change their minds?
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thx Shan, this is a good resolution.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a good outcome as far as I'm concerned; thank you, Shan. I am now very much looking forward to having a 4/5 Snuggly Adira within a few weeks. They may even get the citation from the campaign that I'm now willing to buy, after the temporary achievements are done.

I guess my only question remaining is whether people who took CS up on the "get the resources back if you hand in the [now EDF Adira] card" offer will now have the chance to change their minds?

I am pretty sure we never got to that point, but if we did it will be reverted.
  • Options
    shadow8803shadow8803 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Shan wrote: »
    Hi everyone, as explained last week we did have a meeting about this.
    The outcome is explained here: http://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/17295/adira-art-change-remedy/

Thank you so much for your efforts @Shan ! I am beyond satisfied with the resolution. I am proud to be part of the passionate player base mentioned in the message, and definitely feel heard. Again, THANK YOU!!!
  • Options
    Will both versions then have the same stats, or is the original art version getting an overhaul?
  • Options
    General McDuckGeneral McDuck ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020

@Shan - I still have a ticket pending with CS. They responded last week and I haven't heard anything since (I'm assuming because of the holiday). They offered to refund my resources. Am I assume that this offer is no longer valid? If that's the case, I am going to be quite disappointed.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Hi everyone, as explained last week we did have a meeting about this.
    The outcome is explained here: http://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/17295/adira-art-change-remedy/

@Shan

Thank you for updating us an hope you had a few good festive days‽

Also thank you to the Team /Studio for finding this solution, hopefully every player will be happy with.
    I certainly am!

But for consistency: Is there a possibility of giving „EDF Adira“ a four letter designation?

UEDF Adira?

It’s called United Earth Defense Force, not only Earth Defense Force :warning:
    ce4498rfg4ih.jpeg

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/United_Earth_Defense_Force_personnel

Just trying to help avoid another burst of emotions :wink:
    Looking for a fine fleet? With the game having reached the age of a small child, players went and newly joined. We are an active fleet and are also connected in friendship with Klingons. Grab your daily starbase donations. Get your daily Fleet Boss Battles rewards guaranteed? Chat about Trek? Want more than just the game? Consider joining [TLA] "The Liberal Alliance"Contact me in-game [TLA] Khazaan or even better on the LINE app, handle also "khazaan".
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will both versions then have the same stats, or is the original art version getting an overhaul?

I do not have any details about the stats for the second Adira, I doubt that they will be exactly the same though.
  • Options
    I didn’t have a dog in the fight as I was happy to get either (but did like the towel art more), but reading how it honestly impacted some players on a personal/emotional level, I’m glad the towel artwork will be in-game soon.

It’s all a bit interesting to see how it progresses (I thought the reactions were extreme at first), but it was a good reminder that these characters do play a strong part of many of our lives, and Adira’s character journey is certainly something that could resonate with people who have not had such close representation to their own lives in any form of media.

And for TP’s part: the response/explanation was a little slow (I am in customer service, and I know how it can be excruciating to get the okay to respond), but the end result is something beyond what I would have expected or asked for, so I think they did right by the players.

Thanks to everyone who made this a “thing”. It really gave me a different perspective (I enjoy Trek, but not at a “Trekker” level by any means). And thanks to Tilting Point for resolving the issue beyond fairly.

• Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

@Shan - I still have a ticket pending with CS. They responded last week and I haven't heard anything since (I'm assuming because of the holiday). They offered to refund my resources. Am I assume that this offer is no longer valid? If that's the case, I am going to be quite disappointed.

That offer is indeed no longer valid.
    For cases that fall outside of the event context, we'll see what we can do :)
  • Options

My specific issue does fall outside of the event - can I send you a PM with the details?
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

My specific issue does fall outside of the event - can I send you a PM with the details?

No need, I see your ticket!
  • Options
    Firstly let me say i am pleased with the remedy to the art change and look forward to finally getting the art i wanted.

That being said i am deeply disappointed in the duplicity displayed in this debacle.
    First we have the art change which presented a disturbing precedent that the game owners do not have ro keep their word and can amend agreements at will. Next we have the the situation where we are told any remedy will be on a case by case basis and tickets have to be raised to address concerns.
    Then we have ambiguous offers made as compensation and when you enquire for clarity in what that offer means stating
    "In regards to your offer, could you please clarify which resources you are willing to exchange for the unwanted item and the amount being offered."
    To which CS respond
    "Thank you for getting back to me and letting me know that you disagree with what has been proposed. The situation will be reviewed further next week, as soon as we have additional information we will get back to you."

It would appear to myself that a decision was already made not to go ahead with the original offers of compensation and although i would refuse such compensation and instead opted for the option we have now received, there is still an element of lack of clarity and honesty in the manner we have reached this point.

The original mistake is not of great concern to myself but the manner in which this was dealt with initially and the following duplicitous nature in which customer service treated myself and others is alarming. Greater effort should be placed in how you deal with mistakes or this breakdown of trust will not be temporary.

I am.pleased i will get the art though.
  • Options
    WRG/TP, well done in remedying this error! Thank you @Shan for your efforts on our behalf.
  • Options
    Thank you for this solution!
    Like Lobo Sinclair I was only marginally impacted, but it's really nice to see the outcome, especially for those who felt strongly about it. And it takes away the concerns about "what if it happens again".

Plus I'll have an easy to obtain 4/5* in February, with art that I like, which is always a great thing :smiley:
  • Options
    And it takes away the concerns about "what if it happens again".

This was my main concern, so I'm glad to see them taking this seriously in contrast to the initial very cavalier attitude about the switch.

I see this resolution as having two parts: a copy of Adira Towel for everyone who earned them in the event, that compensates the top 1500 for our time ranking in the event. And the 3/5 to the community compensates us for our time pressuring WRG to do what it should have done from the beginning. Overall I feel the resolution is fair, not overly generous but about right considering the scale of the mistake and aftermath.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstly let me say i am pleased with the remedy to the art change and look forward to finally getting the art i wanted.

That being said i am deeply disappointed in the duplicity displayed in this debacle.
    First we have the art change which presented a disturbing precedent that the game owners do not have ro keep their word and can amend agreements at will. Next we have the the situation where we are told any remedy will be on a case by case basis and tickets have to be raised to address concerns.
    Then we have ambiguous offers made as compensation and when you enquire for clarity in what that offer means stating
    "In regards to your offer, could you please clarify which resources you are willing to exchange for the unwanted item and the amount being offered."
    To which CS respond
    "Thank you for getting back to me and letting me know that you disagree with what has been proposed. The situation will be reviewed further next week, as soon as we have additional information we will get back to you."

It would appear to myself that a decision was already made not to go ahead with the original offers of compensation and although i would refuse such compensation and instead opted for the option we have now received, there is still an element of lack of clarity and honesty in the manner we have reached this point.

The original mistake is not of great concern to myself but the manner in which this was dealt with initially and the following duplicitous nature in which customer service treated myself and others is alarming. Greater effort should be placed in how you deal with mistakes or this breakdown of trust will not be temporary.

I am.pleased i will get the art though.

It was not duplicity, it was just a situation that was in flux. Shan said early on this would be discussed and that the situation could be addressed further. And now it has been addressed and addressed satisfactorily. And as Towel Adira will be a part of a temporary achievement anyone who didn’t compete in the event can get Adira too.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this is a very fair solution, thank you
  • Options
    Thank you Shan for sorting this. I think this is a fair solution. :)
  • Options

It was not duplicity, it was just a situation that was in flux. Shan said early on this would be discussed and that the situation could be addressed further. And now it has been addressed and addressed satisfactorily. And as Towel Adira will be a part of a temporary achievement anyone who didn’t compete in the event can get Adira too.

The fact that it was eventually (not rapidly, which "in flux" would suggest) resolved satisfactorily is not the issue. The very clear issue is the manner in which we arrived at this point. The duplicty is abundantly clear.in the initial act and 8n the following act where offers of compensation where made and then removed for the solution we have now. Now as stated i would have opted for this solution but removing the original offer of compensation by claiming i refused it when in fact i requested clarification of the ambiguous offer, is also dupilicitous. The choice should have been mine and not made for me whilst claiming i made that decision.

Now again i am pleased with the final offer but although the destination we have arrived at is satisfactory, the journey of
    * nothing will be done
    * raise a ticket and something might be done
    * an offer is made but is unclear
    * what was offered will now be replaced with what is decided next week
    * we eventually reach the end offer

is something that could be clearly improved upon in future and it is the manner you deal with mistakes that create or remove trust.
    This was never a situation in flux. This was always a situation where if we had not fought for it, we would not have arrived at this point and got nothing.

• Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like a good call. Better than something like mirror Picard so thank you!
  • Options
    I think it's a good resolution for this.

Thank you Shan!
  • Options
    dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to jump in as someone who has participated in these discussions, that I'm impressed by the depth of the response and solution thats being offered.

I'm just still a little burned by the road traveled to get here in the first place. I think the player base remains rattled by the handful of serious issues that have impacted players and the amount of raising pitchforks that it takes to get to this solution through the multitude of initial responses. It's hardly the first time that we've been here with out of touch CS solutions that dont grasp the impact that decisions have on the game and players.

I fully accept the admission of fault and the commitment to reviewing what went wrong and preventing it in the future. There's obviously no ability to have a manual that outlines how to handle the swapping of an artwork.

But I'd be lying if I said I didn't go forward in the game with an amount of trepidation into events and announcements from TP, unsure if things will stay as is, or if some large issue will impact the player base that won't be handled respectfully without more rallying and pitchforks.

If anything comes player base in the review process, I would hope for TP to insist more of their development team members actually play the game they work on and - maybe it would help them better understand the impacts that decisions, both positive and negative, have on a very vocal and loyal player base.
  • Options
    I am very happy with this solution.
    Everybody gets a chance at "towel" Adira and people who put in a lot of resources and ranked under 1500 got rewarded for that.

The fact that it are "easy" achievements and you can get 3copies feels like rewarding the passion and a great apology for the mistakes.

And i realy appreciate the line in the anouncment about the players passion and commitment to star trek.
This discussion has been closed.