Home The Bridge
Options

Dabo sale?

Comments

• Options
    I still have no idea what’s going on :lol::neutral:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    The sale has not started yet.
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    I logged in for the first time on my alt a few minutes ago and nada. But I was on sometime in the afternoon yesterday. Not a biggie but wanted to see if anything else changed on it.
  • Options
    KPan [ISA]KPan [ISA] ✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »

Thank you very much.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for hanging in here with us. It makes a difference. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »
    I will take into consideration, and under advisement, the request to announce things slightly in advance. For instance at noon for something that would go live around 1pm.

Likewise I forwarded the feedback regarding not having the sale coincide with the Dabo reset.

Even that may not work, if a player doing something after daily restart or by a certain time in the morning messes things up for the rest of that 'day'.

Exactly this. Notice a day before is notice. Notice right at reset is useless, unless people happen to be on the Forums.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Options
    So when is the sale actually starting 12? Or 1? Seems like a large oversight...
  • Options
    Cpt_insano_2k1Cpt_insano_2k1 ✭✭✭✭✭

Its a waiting game right now......we wont know when it starts, UNTIL it starts
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

We have no idea. Apparently only the guy/gal who is supposed to flip the switch knows when it will get flipped.....

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Options

Even that may not work, if a player doing something after daily restart or by a certain time in the morning messes things up for the rest of that 'day'.

Exactly this. Notice a day before is notice. Notice right at reset is useless, unless people happen to be on the Forums.
    [/quote]

This
    + if you dont read the forums and rely on in game announcement mails, RL stuff - its easy to forget that today was Dabo sale day (as I did) and spin away as soon server resets.

I wonder if the sale will be as "different" as @WRGBen made it out to be - so far his predictions abt CD have fallen very very flat
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point wouldn't it just be better to go live tomorrow, to align with the next Dabo reset?
  • Options
    Commodore PackCommodore Pack ✭✭✭✭✭

We have no idea. Apparently only the guy/gal who is supposed to flip the switch knows when it will get flipped.....

74vylnjry2es.gif
  • Options
    At this point wouldn't it just be better to go live tomorrow, to align with the next Dabo reset?

No
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Well numpty that I am I logged in after reset and did the dabo automatically , then thought " just a minute , wasn't there supposed to be something special with the dabo today ? " so I hope it lasts more than a day or I've missed it :'(

edit : Now I've seen the sale I don't feel such a numpty anymore , looks like I've got a week off from dabo .
  • Options
    dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    However, please keep in mind that some operations, like the Dabo sale are manual and can be impacted by other things such as server deploy which makes giving an exact timing difficult.

But, we can always strive for improvements :)

For what its worth, I dont think its extended notice., its timing a feature launch with the daily reset thats needed. If Dabo resets at Noon TP time, thats when a change should go in to not adversely impact a player who spins at 12:01.

This same consideration is already in play by putting temp achievements at the daily reset and not server reset because it negatively impacted players who completed things between those reset times.
  • Options
    calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Why not make the announcement the day before the "thing" starts, to avoid the risk of some players getting hooped because they play the game? Consistently bad planning, communication and execution of something that should be universally received as a positive...

that´s why they wrote in the last apology "we COULD do better" and not "we SHOULD do better"...think about it^^ ;p

back to topic:
    -have checked my timezone twice,and there was no announcement yet
    -ofc i already did my two spins today,so yes, announcement for example in the morning next to the daily reset would be better imo, but at least some hours before the start

i would like to know why it was decided not to start with the normal dabo reset?
    for trying something? try to avoid something?
    i´m interested

• Options
    How about some additional communication, please? @Shan
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dabo will not be reset/refreshed with the sale.
    There were unfortunately complications that delayed the sale, it should not be longer now.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bresus wrote: »
    I guess the guy who was supposed to flip the switch got stuck in traffic on the way to the office today.

Or, as I explained there can be other factors influencing when we can make a sale go live.
    This is the case today.
  • Options
    CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gah, I’ve already done my spin. Hope that doesn’t mess it up. Oh well, my board is terrible anyway.
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Live now: credit based :) board did not change
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    It is live. No announcement or apology 😬
  • Options
    Most games just reset at midnight local time and thats when a timed event starts so everyone gets the same time, why was this one set up to be some complicated at the beginning.
    Everything just seems so difficult to implement.
    But you couldn't make it up after all the drama and the community frustrated, something else doesn't go to plan......
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is indeed live now.
    If you were already in Dabo, you might need to exit Dabo and re enter to see the change.