Home The Bridge
Options

Dabo sale?

Comments

• Options
    Another day, another dud gold in the dabo wheel. Maybe tomorrow...
  • Options
    And of course there’s no way to refresh the wheel to give me a better loot table. I feel like I’m going to wait out this entire sale and not be able to get anything
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calhoun wrote: »
    Second reminder about dabo (the first being never to spend dil) - the board desperately needs a wider range of schematics. I don't have that many ships, but it always seems to be the same few on there.

This request comes up from time to time, but I think of it this way: if we dilute the schematics available from Dabo, it will be harder for new players to max out their first 5* ship. There are plenty of legitimate concerns about the way the crew portal pool has been diluted over the years, and ship schematics from the portal have gone the same way.
    Can Dark Empath Troi show up in my Dabo? please? :innocent:

Agreed. I will be happy to convert dil to credits to get her, the biggest of my white whales right now.
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    dext74 wrote: »
    Also, lesson learned. Dont spend any in game resources, ever, on the off chance a surprise "sale" happens.

Heh...here I am, thinking my reserve of credits should now be at least 25 million instead of 5 million. Maybe even 50 million.

I used to have around a 3-4 million credit limit, where I wouldn't spend credits below that just in case of an emergency (also a 3.000 Merit limit and a 50k Honor limit (we all know how that last one turned out).

Lesson 1
    That ain't enough to keep squirreled around.

Lesson 2
    With Honor sales and now credit Dabo ... and the addition of two new in-game currencies soon ... coming out of the blue (like WRG loves to do) ... time to start hoarding, this is the final drop that makes the bucket spillover.

Result
    --> I used to never be a hoarder but the way that WRG does stuff, as of today, these "deals" have finally made me one. I have 6 million credits, time to start putting that limit at 75+ million ... just in case.

New limits
    Credits - 75 million
    Honor - unlimited
    Merits - 100k

ps - My Dabo today is Mirror Kirk ... pass, don't have him yet and he doesn't really interest me (if I had the credits I'd go for him though).

Mirror Kirk is still great for Kirk events, and that’s about it. If you don’t already have him immortal, you can do a lot better.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Day 2
    Changeling Martok ... meh, pass again, don't own him ... would have purchased if I had had the credits ... need to hit 80 Kloingons some day (at 53 imm and 65 crew).
  • Options
    Day after day, week after week, month after month, I've been doing 5k + 10 dil (one step further when on half price) without looking at the top line, chased with dil once (and never again) before that decision, now I look at the gold and don't even do the 5k .....

btw - to the basic pulls comments above, I've had 2 decent begolds in the last 2 weeks, most recent yesterday from a gauntlet single ...... took EV Archer over EMA as I have EMA finished.
  • Options
    Day two, Mountain Climber Mayweather... another pass :lol:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    Bresus wrote: »
    Day two, Mountain Climber Mayweather... another pass :lol:
    Really? Pretty decent voyager, I’d take him

True, but it is only the second day and I’m not a big ENT fan.... :open_mouth:

Captain Level 99

• Options
    CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Day 2: Wrathful Kirk. Already have him at 1/5 and only have the credits to clear part of one board, so I’ll pass.
    Second reminder about dabo (the first being never to spend dil) - the board desperately needs a wider range of schematics. I don't have that many ships, but it always seems to be the same few on there.

This request comes up from time to time, but I think of it this way: if we dilute the schematics available from Dabo, it will be harder for new players to max out their first 5* ship. There are plenty of legitimate concerns about the way the crew portal pool has been diluted over the years, and ship schematics from the portal have gone the same way.

Therein lies the beauty of a personalised board. Offer the same few core ships to newbies to give them that opportunity, then a wider range once they have maxed out those ships.
  • Options
    When I woke up this morning I remembered that I would have a new board today, and it was like Christmas! What would be under the tree today? A Janeway? Arachnia perhaps?! And then I unwrapped my present and-

kz9vt77eseqm.jpg

Think I'll save my pennies today.

One thing I noticed yesterday trying to earn/save credits for another turn, was that I was essentially farming items, because I would get the items but not build anything to make sure I wasn't spending more than what I was earning. This probably seems obvious to long-term players, but might be a useful kickback for new/mid-tier players.
    Going boldly since April 2020 | My Datacore profile
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I woke up this morning I remembered that I would have a new board today, and it was like Christmas! What would be under the tree today? A Janeway? Arachnia perhaps?! And then I unwrapped my present and-

kz9vt77eseqm.jpg

One thing I noticed yesterday trying to earn/save credits for another turn, was that I was essentially farming items, because I would get the items but not build anything to make sure I wasn't spending more than what I was earning. This probably seems obvious to long-term players, but might be a useful kickback for new/mid-tier players.

If you had bought that campaign and had them at 4/5 you would love that.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    IceCat wrote: »
    But how could you turn that down? Two crew for the price of one! :D

Haha well I can't say I wasn't tempted by Traveler Wesley to finish him off and get rid of him

Going boldly since April 2020 | My Datacore profile
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Day 2: Wrathful Kirk. Already have him at 1/5 and only have the credits to clear part of one board, so I’ll pass.

Therein lies the beauty of a personalised board. Offer the same few core ships to newbies to give them that opportunity, then a wider range once they have maxed out those ships.

Really? Adding a star to a solid Kirk. I'd call that a win and go all in for the board today. I'm not sure you can count on a better option coming up.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had Drunk Troi today. I have her immortalized. But I wanted the 4* crew. So of course I got Troi before the 4* crew. Oh, well. Still a good sale. If the 5* or 4* are desired, I'll pull until I get them. If not, I'll pass. No complaints. I like this sale.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭

kz9vt77eseqm.jpg

If you had bought that campaign and had them at 4/5 you would love that.

No, that were The Bashirs.

Oh yeah, my bad. I knew it was someone’s parents.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    I don't have the space so I passed on the gold yet again, Brahms and Control Leland. I did pick up a second star on EV suit pike and trevis. Picked up a third star on Idignant seven and safecracker nog. I have 7 purples at 3 stars so if I can pick up the 4th star for all 7 over the next couple of days I'll be able to get the Lwaxana Troi campaign.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh, day 3, 3rd crappy gold. Fungal Entity May. I've got enough for 3 sets of this, so soon I'll need to do them.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    probably already been asked but how many credits total needed for one full clear of the board? thanks 🖖

edit: nevermind :lol:

Captain Level 99

• Options
    Day 3 of the sale, third dud gold in a row. Really wish I could refresh the wheel...
  • Options
    Day 3 of the sale, third dud gold in a row. Really wish I could refresh the wheel...

If they wanted to avoid people using the free spin they could have removed that one and left the refresh.....🖖

That’s what I’m thinking. Take away the free ad spin but leave the ad refresh. I mean it would only mean more spending from us. @Shan is it possible to ask about this or is it just way too late to do anything about it?
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    3rd day, another pass. Has been a cheap sale for me so far. 😃

Not complaining though. Totally ok with if i only see 1 or 2 legendaries worth
    of clearing the wheel. :)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•