Home The Bridge
Options

Dabo sale?

Comments

• Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    well well well. this is... interesting.

Sitting on 181 million credits. So 18 dabos worth right?
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just realised, skirmish this weekend. That should be good for at least one full dabo board?
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know of a Shadow Bank with lax security?
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Options
    OU Capt. JamesOU Capt. James ✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Got to wonder who this is aimed at because its not at new or medium players, i feel its like the convergence day community numbers, they just thought 10 million sound like a good number, not really thinking if its appropriate or not.
    So now i cant spend credits until i get to 70 million, cant spend honor and keep 30k chronos incase there is another mini event so its only a matter of time before i cant use merits either.
    Why couldn't TP just be nice and pick 5k credits, 10k credits, 15k credits etc, i know they want to make money but just show some good will, this is meant to be a celebration after all.
    They might have inherited the honor sale but this Dabo "sale" is all on them and it appears they just want to make life hard for themselves.

Plus from a lot pics and including my experience it appears the gold just happens to be the last spin on a lot of occasions......funny that.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    [img]https://us.v-cdn.net/6030345/uploads/editor/u3/01w5928cy175.png[/img I knew I didn't have enough credits to clear, but I thought, maybe, just maybe, I'd get lucky. Swing and a miss![/img]

You
    d4ee6cwcajy7.png

I knew I didn't have enough credits to clear, but I thought, maybe, just maybe, I'd get lucky. Swing and a miss!

Get more credits with supply kit and ship battles
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So now I'm stuck feeling like last years 12 Days sales. I'm not a fan of today's legendary, and I have credits to do one full sweep, maybe two after the event this weekend... so if I like tomorrow's legendary, do I jump or do I wait on the chance of the next day's being better...

• Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    With regards to hoarding, the only reason I hoarded 216 million credits is because I very rarely use the replicator, using more than occasionally feels like cheating to me. I have not tried to hoard credits, it has just happened because I don't use the biggest credit sink that often.

I think it would be best if WRG/TP did away with sales completely and forever, and announced that. Maybe the odd special offer, but make it very limited, e.g. just one begold for 1000 honor. It would be better if instead of having a sale, they would give us a present of honor or other currency.

At the same time they could change the price structure of various things. e.g. reduce the honor needed for citations, and reduce the price of crew slots permanently to 1500 dil for 5 slots.

• Options
    [img]https://us.v-cdn.net/6030345/uploads/editor/u3/01w5928cy175.png[/img I knew I didn't have enough credits to clear, but I thought, maybe, just maybe, I'd get lucky. Swing and a miss![/img]

You
    d4ee6cwcajy7.png

I knew I didn't have enough credits to clear, but I thought, maybe, just maybe, I'd get lucky. Swing and a miss!

Get more credits with supply kit and ship battles

I only have 6000 chrons, no way to get a million credits.
  • Options
    Commodore PackCommodore Pack ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel better that I went for M’Ress and got Bupkis.
    DABO!

h6p9jphtld7y.gif
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    dext74 wrote: »
    Also, lesson learned. Dont spend any in game resources, ever, on the off chance a surprise "sale" happens.

Heh...here I am, thinking my reserve of credits should now be at least 25 million instead of 5 million. Maybe even 50 million.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only had 2 million credits but I decided to pull before looking at my mails. Wasted them on a subpar Dabo. Oh well, hopefully I'll be able to go whole hog on a couple this weekend.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    KPan [ISA]KPan [ISA] ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Well, I had a go to see what it would be like, and got AoS Picard with two spins remaining, so I guess I did OK?

8bdh0bc86952.jpg

Based on the maths @KPan [ISA] posted upthread, I'll need another 134,676 credits to have another turn. I've never counted credits when I earn them so I have no idea if I can save that much again*? If Janeway ends up on a board and I can't go again I will be very annoyed (at myself).

*Without using a supply kit - I'm waiting for the skirmish

EDITED: Who said spreadsheets aren't fun?!
    kr9hh05m8cdc.jpg

That's awesome! He is one of the two crew that I hope pop up in my wheel this week, I would throw all my credits at him. Lol. Congrats, enjoy :)
  • Options
    Can Dark Empath Troi show up in my Dabo? please? :innocent:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    StephLovesVoyagerStephLovesVoyager ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    KPan [ISA] wrote: »
    That's awesome! He is one of the two crew that I hope pop up in my wheel this week, I would throw all my credits at him. Lol. Congrats, enjoy :)

Thank you, I will! :) Good luck for you as well!
    Going boldly since April 2020 | My Datacore profile
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can Dark Empath Troi show up in my Dabo? please? :innocent:

This but more Mobile Doc.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1508 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    Come on Sinister Picard.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps it was just a bizzar coincidence, but the dabo board literally filled right to left on the bottom and then went up and started again on the far right. Didnt seem random, but maybe it was. Hopefully tomorrow the board is more tempting. It will be fun to finally get the top row.
  • Options
    Got the ten items on the two bottom rows before I ran out of credits. This is because I spent them 'converting' to honour for the expected honour sale. Ah well, more crap from TP but at least some of my fellow hoarders are happy. :smile:
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    dext74 wrote: »
    Also, lesson learned. Dont spend any in game resources, ever, on the off chance a surprise "sale" happens.

Heh...here I am, thinking my reserve of credits should now be at least 25 million instead of 5 million. Maybe even 50 million.

I used to have around a 3-4 million credit limit, where I wouldn't spend credits below that just in case of an emergency (also a 3.000 Merit limit and a 50k Honor limit (we all know how that last one turned out).

Lesson 1
    That ain't enough to keep squirreled around.

Lesson 2
    With Honor sales and now credit Dabo ... and the addition of two new in-game currencies soon ... coming out of the blue (like WRG loves to do) ... time to start hoarding, this is the final drop that makes the bucket spillover.

Result
    --> I used to never be a hoarder but the way that WRG does stuff, as of today, these "deals" have finally made me one. I have 6 million credits, time to start putting that limit at 75+ million ... just in case.

New limits
    Credits - 75 million
    Honor - unlimited
    Merits - 100k

ps - My Dabo today is Mirror Kirk ... pass, don't have him yet and he doesn't really interest me (if I had the credits I'd go for him though).
  • Options
    Im starting to wonder if they want new players.
    Giving less credits per dilitium if you buy first time.

Removing addwarp, which at least would give an extraspin for new players.
    This celebration dabo is extualky worse then the normal one for new players.
    Before you had 2 spins for 5000 credits. Now only 1
  • Options
    Yikes they want a lot of credits for dabo.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Im starting to wonder if they want new players.
    Giving less credits per dilitium if you buy first time.

Removing addwarp, which at least would give an extraspin for new players.
    This celebration dabo is extualky worse then the normal one for new players.
    Before you had 2 spins for 5000 credits. Now only 1

Not just new players that are affected, pal. I feel your pain.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    PavelH wrote: »
    I mean once you reach the endgame there isn't much you can spend your resources on. You're full with credits, chrons, replicator rations and galaxy items that you can get to top 1500 every time you want. I see this sale rewarding the people who've stuck around with the game for a long time. I don't get the people who throw their credits at the 90k packs - they're awful. So on behalf of long term players - thank you.

After the portal update I forced myself through basic pulls worth 280 mil credits down to 20 mil. It was unpleasant but I thought it had to be done somewhen as they cannot be brought to use otherwise anyway.

Yes, they are aweful but at the time I only saw it as a time investment without alternative cost in the game.

Ever since I tried to stay around 20 mil to never have to go through this tedious process again. And here we are.^^
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.