Home The Bridge
Options

Dabo sale?

Comments

• Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    Day 3
    High Roller Sisko (4/5) - oh man ... the problem is I don't quite have the 10 million yet ... and I want to be 100% certain I'd get him ... it would immortalise him ... if I manage to get to 10 million by tomorrow will go for it.

To top it off, the 4*s are great too ... last stars for Zareh and Logician Solok(! - would be my 38th Vulcan!)

1 - Mirror Kirk
    2 - Changeling Martok

General Feedback
    I absolutely hate the way WRG has set up this "celebration deal" ... it does not feel celebratory at all ... there must be a better way to get all players involved and not just a select few who have 7x 10 million credits saved up?!

You can get credits from skirmish. Good luck.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    Day 3
    High Roller Sisko (4/5) - oh man ... the problem is I don't quite have the 10 million yet ... and I want to be 100% certain I'd get him ... it would immortalise him ... if I manage to get to 10 million by tomorrow will go for it.

To top it off, the 4*s are great too ... last stars for Zareh and Logician Solok(! - would be my 38th Vulcan!)

1 - Mirror Kirk
    2 - Changeling Martok

General Feedback
    I absolutely hate the way WRG has set up this "celebration deal" ... it does not feel celebratory at all ... there must be a better way to get all players involved and not just a select few who have 7x 10 million credits saved up?!

You can get credits from skirmish. Good luck.

Yeah ... my main "problem" is that I have real life to deal with this evening (kids and work on a project that has to be delivered by tomorrow afternoon) and tomorrow (work). :)
    No biggie ... this weekend I'll have time and will have the 10 mil to burn ... on whoever pops up.
  • Options
    barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can I have a day where my Dabo isn't hot garbage so I can enjoy this? :)
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually had Remmick on my wheel today. Which would have been fine except I used dilithium yesterday to get his fourth star (which was probably why he showed up today). Oh RNG gods, I just want something fun and useful!
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1508 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    3rd day, another pass. Has been a cheap sale for me so far. 😃

Same here BUT i haven't seen this question asked yet:

- if this sale essentially sets a price of 10M credits for a new 1/5 (or a 5* citation) - is that something we'd be willing to pay regularly?

I think we can all agree the 15,000 DIL price for 1/5s in the faction stores is way way way too high (is Erin still saving up for her Admiral Riker?) but.... 10M credits as a fixed price point could definitely spur more people back into playing arena and gauntlet and spending chrons and kits, right?

I would gladly pay 10M credits for a 5* I wanted. So far the 4s have been crew I needed to fuse. So I was going for them. The first day at 2.5m for the 5* it was worth it for me. Second day, I skipped the 5* for 2.5m. And today I got the 5* before the 4*.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cleared dabo on day 1 (3rd star), but have only done a couple spins day 2 & 3 (would have been new 5* crew and all duplicate 4* crew). So far not as costly as I had feared, though I still think 10M+ is a little overpriced.
  • Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since we're already after noon Thursday (ET), today's dabo reset should be the last crew we have withOUT the ability to at least partially farm credits with the Saturday cadet tickets right?

Has anybody ever figured out what's the most we could harvest on a Credit Saturday?
  • Options
    dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today I could have put a 2nd star on Varhai Saru and stars on both the 4*s.

But I only have credits to clear the board ONCE.

Do I jump and take the risk or wait it out in hopes someone more buzzworthy comes up in the next few days... ugh!
  • Options
    Another day, still no Dark Empath Troi........
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    Drago MusevniDrago Musevni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Since we're already after noon Thursday (ET), today's dabo reset should be the last crew we have withOUT the ability to at least partially farm credits with the Saturday cadet tickets right?

Has anybody ever figured out what's the most we could harvest on a Credit Saturday?

The Saturday Cadet Mission entitled "Breakwater" gives 77500 credits. You get 6 cadet tickets per day. Assuming you're not using a supply kit or using dil to buy extra cadet-tickets. Running all 6 missions with ad-doublers gives you 77500 x 6 x 2 = 930,000. You also get a free single ad-warp every 4 hours. Running simply one of these freebie adwarps (in addition to ad-doubling your 6 cadet tickets) gets you over 1 million credits, giving you 1,007,500. So without dil or supply kits, it's quite easy to rack up OVER 1 million credits every Saturday. If you use a supply kit and manage to hit 12 hours worth of the freebie adwarps in addition to doubling your 6 tickets, I reckon you'd get around 1.25 million credits.

(edit)
    As a theoretical yet reachable maximum, in years past on Thursdays I'd buy two extra rounds of cadet tickets and double all 18 cadet missions with ad-doublers. On top of that add in 5 extra ad-freebie warps (Starting at Zero-Hour before you start the 18 hours of cadets, the last one coming 16 hours or so into the cadets). This can be done, and being an insomniac helps. So for my theoretical maximum for Saturday credits: 77500 x 18 x 2 = 2,790,000. Plus an additional 77500 x 5 = 387,500. Grand total of 3,177,500 credits if you /really/ want to grind it out. The Wiki says supply kit bonuses are "buggy" and "inconsistent", so I'm not going to even attempt to factor them in, but I assume it would be pretty negligible on top of the 3 million credits and change if you really wanted to grind cadets on a Saturday.
    01000010 01101001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01111001 00100000 01110011 01101000 01101001 01101110 01111001 00100000 01101101 01100101 01110100 01100001 01101100 00100000 01100001 01110011 01110011 00100001
  • Options
    Third day. I got 4th star on Borg queen and 4th star on Rivas as well as a One Zero, two more one zero's and I can add a star. Idk why I fused them, maybe because I had 20 open slots at that time.
  • Options
    I had a thought. Could this Dabo sale actually be a trial for the long mooted 'decrepit legendary feature'. I'd be pretty happy with this option of gaining a legendary going forward.
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tempting (hot art), but I think I can win her in the ranked rewards... x9i3tnfdyzcy.png
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kanon wrote: »
    One thing this sale has achieved is that now I'm not even doing the first spin (to save credits for a possible better board). I'm hoarding credits that I wasn't before!

same here. 3/3 on pass so far. 4 days to go, enough credits for 3.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    One thing this sale has achieved is that now I'm not even doing the first spin (to save credits for a possible better board). I'm hoarding credits that I wasn't before!

I was wondering if it's 4 days or 5. If the sale ends at the same time it started, there should be one more Dabo reset about one hour before it ends.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭

I was wondering if it's 4 days or 5. If the sale ends at the same time it started, there should be one more Dabo reset about one hour before it ends.

“ Dabo Sale

Until Tuesday January 26, around 1pm ET (18:00 UTC) all Dabo spins will cost Credits instead of Dilithium.”

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/17427/server-release-notes-january-19-dabo-sale-and-klingon-collection
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options

“ Dabo Sale

Until Tuesday January 26, around 1pm ET (18:00 UTC) all Dabo spins will cost Credits instead of Dilithium.”

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/17427/server-release-notes-january-19-dabo-sale-and-klingon-collection

That means it should be 5, including today.
  • Options
    Day 4 of dud golds. I would really love to spend my 70 million + credits but I’m not going to waste them on dud golds that take up a crew slot. Give me great cards and/or ones I need to add stars to my existing golds please. Day 4 of wishing we could refresh the wheel...
  • Options
    Can Dark Empath Troi show up in my Dabo? please? :innocent:

Agreed. I will be happy to convert dil to credits to get her, the biggest of my white whales right now.

If I was the kind of person to believe in conspiracy theories, I’d say someone at WRG was reading my post from the other day and made an adjustment for my Dabo wheel yesterday:

r1o0gm1qadz2.jpeg

At least the total expenditure required to get and finish her was still well under what it would cost to clear a normal Dabo wheel or to buy enough Tuesday-style six-packs. Either way, I’m very pleased right now.

gxxfq8p042bw.jpeg
    Another day, still no Dark Empath Troi........

Sorry, friend...I will beam good thoughts in your direction and hopefully she will show up for you as well.

That’s amazing. Far and away better than anything I’ve gotten on my wheel since the sale started
  • Options
    @Dirk Gunderson So jealous!

Hope your good luck will be shared with me 🖖
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Day 4 - Another easy pass 😆
    I wonder if someone has already seen the new „Ghost Me“ Crusher
    on the wheel?
    evr2fpeo2r4q.jpeg
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »
    I cleared dabo on day 1 (3rd star), but have only done a couple spins day 2 & 3 (would have been new 5* crew and all duplicate 4* crew). So far not as costly as I had feared, though I still think 10M+ is a little overpriced.

3rd straight day of minimal spins, just throwing out 100k... why did they get rid of the refresh option???
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Day 4
    Captain Sisko (1/5) - have him already, but a pass again due to funds ... will have to wait for the weekend ... again ... if I would have had the credits this would be 100% go for it, he's a Diplomat and I have to make it to 60 somehow, not the worst option with some event value ... and ready for that Chef collection. :)

1 - Mirror Kirk (new) - would have been nice for the Mirror collection, but not critical.
    2 - Changeling Martok (new) - again good collection crew for Klingon, but currently not critical.
    3 - High Roller Sisko (4/5) - bummer, wasn't at 10 million yet.

Daily Thoughts
    1. I'm getting a sinking feeling ... I would have easily have spent 40 million if I had had it ready so far, even though they're not the best crew around ... would have been adding stars or getting collection crew in ... and collections are pretty much the only thing keeping me going at present.

2. So WRG removed AD warps ... WRG doesn't value the revenue from players watching the ads over letting players skip the cost (2.5 million virtual game credits, sheesh) of the last pull? Good to know ... from now on not doing the Dabo ad roll anymore, just 5,000 credits and that's it ... I wasn't that diligent to do the ad roll daily, but forget that now.

As the reader can tell ... my mood is slipping into irritation fast.
  • Options
    Waiting for a Mobile Doc to show up, but instead they offer me some of the very small number of legends that I’ve actually airlocked, like Helmsman Wyatt...
  • Options
    Blast HardcheeseBlast Hardcheese ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Dabo sale was a nice idea and all, but I don't want to blow 10 million credits I don't even have on War Correspondent Jake Sisko and a FF'd purple.

I wonder if they considered using honor instead of credits for the Dabo sale?