Home The Bridge

Crew Retrieval Introduction Discussion

Comments

• Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    My fleet is has currently 23/40 players completed their daily tasks, out of about 45 players who have logged in today. (5 hours to go). We are a reasonably active fleet (completed the star base ages ago).

I don't see the achievements as being a problem for most players.

100 ISM a day, plus 1000 for the first retrieval gives plenty enough to do a second scan a day, and a third most days. Ads will make up the rest. Immortalising two crew will give two constellations, and a third from the first day. This will be enough polestars for three retrievals, giving back two of the constellations used in the process.

The only issue is the cost of the retrievals and opening the constellations.

Short term achievements are normally easy to complete, I have never failed them. I doubt this will be different here.

If ads are still useful for scans, then it would be useful to finally get a cooldown timer for ads, so we can see when they will be available.
  • I don't know about anyone else but I'd quite like a proper breakdown table of the costs /currencies of each stage of the process instead of having to use trial and error to see if I can afford a retrieval , or is this to much to ask ?
  • IceCat wrote: »
    How "magnanimously" WRG of WRG. Assuming we're lucky enough to get a Constellation from a Scan that requires ISM (outside of the one free scan per day), we then need ADDITIONAL ISM just to OPEN that Constellation. I've got my marshmallows out to roast over the dying embers of this game.

Are you absolutely incapable of saying anything positive about this game? If you hate it so much, maybe you should stop playing. Or at least stop whining about it on here 🙄

This is a pretty big cluster fudge for a feature supposedly to help the players.

Agreed
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭
    IceCat wrote: »
    How "magnanimously" WRG of WRG. Assuming we're lucky enough to get a Constellation from a Scan that requires ISM (outside of the one free scan per day), we then need ADDITIONAL ISM just to OPEN that Constellation. I've got my marshmallows out to roast over the dying embers of this game.

Are you absolutely incapable of saying anything positive about this game? If you hate it so much, maybe you should stop playing. Or at least stop whining about it on here 🙄

This is a pretty big cluster fudge for a feature supposedly to help the players. I am usually very pro TP but this really pisses me off. I have had to spend all day encouraging, cajoling, pleading players in my fleet to get their dailies done. We are a max starbase fleet full of players but we have always been more casual. Up to 25 players to have finished their dailies. Are we gonna make 30? I hope so. 40? Definitely not. Am I supposed to kick players who don’t make dailies? How do I know who didn’t? Is that fair? Is that fun? Are we supposed to merge with another fleet? This is driving casual players away and frustrating long term daily players like myself. More than 20 should not be asked. This is ridiculous. Am I supposed to bug players every day and slowly watch the counter go up with anxiety we won’t make it? Is that fun? TP set a ridiculously high bar that will have large ramifications on this game and Ben seemed to be completely clueless to that fact. Haven’t heard anything from TP about it as this has gone live which means fleets right now are being destroyed and players are right now leaving the game. What a dumb move.

My comments are specifically referring to the fact that he constantly buries the game, the company, players who disagree and seems to hate life in general. Go through his comment history. It's nothing but a string of negative, bitter whining. And frankly, myself and others are tired of hearing it.

As for the feature itself, I have my own feelings and concerns, some of which you have mentioned. It wasn't the fact he was critiquing the new feature, as it was unnecessary "I've got my marshmallows out to roast over the dying embers of this game" comment. Which is fairly standard for him.

As I said, I do have my own issues that have me concerned this feature won't work in actual execution without major problems for a lot of people. However, I'm willing to keep an open mind and see how it functions in practice.

The concerns you have brought up yourself are valid, and I'm glad that you are speaking out. Maybe this will lead to some adjustments being made. We'll have to see.

I hope my (our) misgivings are off base, and it will turn out better than expected. I'll judge it once I've actually had a chance to use it. But not before.
  • Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    IceCat wrote: »

This is a pretty big cluster fudge for a feature supposedly to help the players. I am usually very pro TP but this really pisses me off. I have had to spend all day encouraging, cajoling, pleading for players in my fleet to get their dailies done. We are a max starbase fleet full of players but we have always been more casual. Up to 25 players who have finished their dailies now. Are we gonna make 30? I hope so. 40? Definitely not. Am I supposed to kick players who don’t make dailies? Is that fair? Is that fun? Are we supposed to merge with another fleet? This is driving casual players away and frustrating long term daily players like myself. More than 20 players completing dailies should not be asked. This is ridiculous. Am I supposed to bug players every day and slowly watch the counter go up with anxiety we won’t make it? Is that fun? TP set a ridiculously high bar that will have large ramifications on this game and Ben seemed to be completely clueless to that fact. Haven’t heard anything from TP about it as this has gone live which means fleets right now are being destroyed and players are right now leaving the game. What a dumb move.

I feel like this is going to lead to a sorting of fleets. Some are going to be mostly full of active players, while others are going to be mostly casuals. The sorting period is going to be painful for a lot of players, especially officers. TP failed to make this a smooth transition by setting the highest goal at 40 (the most active players will not tolerate any failure to achieve a fleet target).
  • dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to be interested to see if 3 daily scans is as much as an impact on completing daily tasks. Im wondering if more fleets will see dailys completed tomorrow when it only requires 1 scan instead...
  • First data point. I did the first scan and got this.
    m3kvinb4wlnr.jpg
    No ad warp, and I haven't been in the game for more than 4 hours
  • Bound2FateBound2Fate ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    First data point. I did the first scan and got this.
    m3kvinb4wlnr.jpg

I got the ad after I scanned right now. Went from 1 to 3%.

I got the Diseased Founder constellation.
    Admiral of Historians of Starfleet Join! Looking for daily players.
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    I got a Mirror Shukar constellation and then nothing with my ad-warp second scan.

Also, in the forced retrieval during the demo it seems like we have not option but to wind up retrieving Data Q? I went into the retrieval screen via the “engage” button in the temporary achievements within the crew retrieval achievement.
  • Did my 1st scan and got a General Martok Constellation. Can't open it yet though due to not having enough ISM (we were just shy of the 30 mark in the fleet last time I checked). Baby steps...
    Going boldly since April 2020 | My Datacore profile
  • Obtained the Malik constellation. Opened it and was Engineered.
    Captain Kirk of [Battleship Musashi]
    Playing since June 14th, 2019
    Captain Level 80 / VIP 12
    Crew Quarters: 241/270
    Immortalized [436]: 5* x30, 4* x239, 3* x89, 2* x53, and 1* x27
    Most recent Immortal: Deral (4/4)
    Current Project: Waiting for sale with 680k Honor
    Completed Collections: Eugenics, Daystrom, Romulan, Ferengi, Do No Harm, Veteran, EV Suit, Rare, Uncommon and Common
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    It isn’t active on my iOS.
    Let’s fly!
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    More than 20 players completing dailies should not be asked.

Less than 40 people getting their dailies done is pretty unreasonable actually. Seriously, it takes less than 10 minutes except for shuttles and, formerly, scans.

I know one dude who's pretty casual. Like never scored beyond 50K in an event casual. And he gets his dailies done baring a family vacation.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

Mine isn’t active either but there is a back door. Go into achievements and click the engage button under the retrieval achievement.

Careful though - if you do, you have no choice but to see it through and get Data Q, just like Ben’s demo. Even quitting the app won’t help, as you get automatically taken back to the tutorial walk through when you restart.

I didn’t mean to, I was just curious where that engage button would take me. If other people get to have more freedom with their free forced retrieval, I will be submitting a CS ticket.
  • StephLovesVoyagerStephLovesVoyager ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    You can all access the Crew Retrieval screen? I was able to get an Ambassador Troi constellation from my scan but can’t do anything with it

I believe the actual Crew Retrieval function is still coming in Phase 3, but you can access the Constellations in Inventory.

EDIT: @Webberoni found the back door...
    Going boldly since April 2020 | My Datacore profile
  • You can all access the Crew Retrieval screen? I was able to get an Ambassador Troi constellation from my scan but can’t do anything with it:

Crew Retrieval is Phase 3.
    I was able to pop it open by accessing it through inventory.
    Cost me 1000 ISM which was my remaining balance.

Completed Collections: Eugenics, Daystrom, Romulan, Ferengi, Do No Harm, Veteran, EV Suit, Rare, Uncommon and Common
    edited February 2021

I reset and it is working now.

7kw28qm03eqb.png

3h6tw2algpxt.png

Let’s fly!
  • 40gktye0uoks.jpg
    I got a Scientist Degra and a rarity constellation. Seems like there can be a lot of possibilities.
    Admiral of the Québec Alliance Fleet. Joignez-vous à nous.
  • Immortalize a crew and you get the Rarity constellation. It could be a common, uncommon, rare, super rare or legendary.

Immortalize a second crew member, and it’s a skill-based one.
  • Got Temporal Agent 7 constellation.....
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • First data point. I did the first scan and got this.
    m3kvinb4wlnr.jpg

After seeing some posts, I went back and bought a scan. I got an ad warp right after that.
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    More than 20 players completing dailies should not be asked.

Less than 40 people getting their dailies done is pretty unreasonable actually. Seriously, it takes less than 10 minutes except for shuttles and, formerly, scans.

I know one dude who's pretty casual. Like never scored beyond 50K in an event casual. And he gets his dailies done baring a family vacation.

TP took something optional and made it mandatory, not just for a player but for that player’s fleet mates as well. It is ill conceived. It makes the game less fun and will add to burnout.

TP took something very easy and made it easier. And then rewarded you for doing it.

Not seeing the problem.

You will.
    Let’s fly!
  • I'm still unclear on what Crew Retrieval is all about. Is it like unfreezing from Cryostasis, or is it something else?
    What do the Constellations do? Is it like the Citation badges used to upstar your crew?