Home The Bridge

Crew Retrieval Introduction Discussion

Comments

• WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnderW wrote: »
    dext74 wrote: »
    I share the concerns on ISM collection -- can someone refresh me on what the costs are that require ISM? I mean, is it 200 open a constellation? What do we use our ISM on - that might help put some context on whether the acquiring amounts are out of balance or not?

Timelines Talk tweeted out a good visual for understanding the whole process.

One thing that graphic reminded me about was that you don't have to immediately convert your constellation to a polestar, if you don't want to use the ISM and/or that constellation has nothing but duplicate polestar options that aren't needed at the moment.
  • edited February 2021
    Webberoni wrote: »
    I share the concerns on ISM collection -- can someone refresh me on what the costs are that require ISM? I mean, is it 200 open a constellation? What do we use our ISM on - that might help put some context on whether the acquiring amounts are out of balance or not?

One thing that graphic reminded me about was that you don't have to immediately convert your constellation to a polestar, if you don't want to use the ISM and/or that constellation has nothing but duplicate polestar options that aren't needed at the moment.

What is the benefit of not opening the constellation?
    Are the t

Just conserving ISM, especially if you happen to be low. Constellations stay in your inventory without contributing to your cap, so they can be opened any time.
  • Webberoni wrote: »
    Are the t

Just conserving ISM, especially if you happen to be low. Constellations stay in your inventory without contributing to your cap, so they can be opened any time.

Thank you. 👍
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am in a fleet that has only 12 members left. Does this mean the end of our fleet (starbase lvl114) because members are leaving to join fleets that have at least 20 or more active captains, in order to claim daily ISM??

Unless you can get eight* more people, that seems likely. Everyone still around in my 3-person fleet, a fleet that had been around forever (dating back to the first few weeks of the game across two iterations) and managed to build the starbase up to level 100, jumped ship for a more active fleet so we’d have a chance at getting the fleet ISM rewards.

* - don’t forget that you’ll need 20 people willing and able to clear all of their daily missions, not just 20 people of any activity level. Unless the criteria for completion get revised, either to reduce the number required or to track some other kind of activity, it may be challenging for any lightly-active members to help contribute.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    This stinks.
    Let’s fly!
  • I always finish dailies as fast as possible. Why wait? What for?
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
    I always finish dailies as fast as possible. Why wait? What for?

For adwarps of cadet missions and ad doubling of cadet mission rewards. To get maximum it takes time.
    Let’s fly!
    I always finish dailies as fast as possible. Why wait? What for?

My only delays are waiting for scans (won't be an issue soon enough) and using ad-warp doublers on all my cadet tickets (usually hit my dailies by my 3rd or 4th ticket, depending on how many regular ad-warps I've done on cadet missions). Geography & daylight savings could play a part too, since for half the year I often don't get started until 8 hours after the new STT day begins. Just like all fleet rewards, as long as people get done before the deadline, you can collect the rewards the following day too.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are the t

Based on the preview on Timelines Talks, I don't believe it costs ISM to open the Constellation.

TBH, I'm not sure I see any value in not opening it right away.
    robownage wrote: »
    Are the t

Based on the preview on Timelines Talks, I don't believe it costs ISM to open the Constellation.

It cost 1000 of something to open it. Looked like ism. Could it be quantum? Idk.
    Let’s fly!
  • Drago MusevniDrago Musevni ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    How "magnanimously" WRG of WRG. Assuming we're lucky enough to get a Constellation from a Scan that requires ISM (outside of the one free scan per day), we then need ADDITIONAL ISM just to OPEN that Constellation. I've got my marshmallows out to roast over the dying embers of this game.
    - you will get one free scan per game day
    - additional scans will cost ISM
    - ISM cost increases with each additional scan but resets with a new game day (at 5:00 UTC)

Important note: to allow everyone to enjoy a Constellation as soon as possible, we’ve made it so that the first scan after this scanning update is live is guaranteed to yield a Constellation!

Inventory update, which includes:

- the inventory screen will now have three sections; one each for Items, Constellations, and Polestars.
    - within the Constellations inventory, you will be able to open the Constellations you own (with ISM) to receive Polestars.
    01000010 01101001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01111001 00100000 01110011 01101000 01101001 01101110 01111001 00100000 01101101 01100101 01110100 01100001 01101100 00100000 01100001 01110011 01110011 00100001
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    Are the t

It cost 1000 of something to open it. Looked like ism. Could it be quantum? Idk.

You're right, my memory was faulty. 1000 ISM to open it, once you've scanned. So most of us won't even have enough to open our guaranteed constellation tomorrow morning.
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Shan wrote:
    Retrieve Crew (use the Crew Retrieval feature)
    - Milestones: 3 - retrieve one crew for each milestone
    - Rewards:
    Milestone 1: 1,000 ISM
    Milestone 2: 1x skill Constellation
    Milestone 3: 1x skill Constellation

This is a tough one. First is free, then between 800 and 900 quantum. 15 days of regeneration -> +750 see edit. For the third one a little dil might be due if there is no quantum in the welcome pack (?). Let alone any useful polestars by then.

/edit: And subtract days to phase 3 (1 day?) from the regeneration of quantum! So 700 best case.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
    edited February 2021
    WRGBen wrote:
    So in total if you complete all those achievements, you're going to be getting 22 constellations, 22,000 ISM, and 8 million credits.
    Complete Scans
    - Milestones: 1, 2, 3, 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40 scans performed
    - Reward per milestone achieved: 500,000 Credits for a total of 5,500,000 Credits if all 11 milestones are reached.

Immortalize your Crew Members
    - Milestones: 2 - immortalize one crew for each milestone
    - Rewards:
    Milestone 1: 1x rarity Constellation
    Milestone 2 : 1x skill Constellation

- Rewards:

Am I crazy or are there 3.5 million credits, 18 constellations, and 21,000 ISM missing from the achievements?

Yes, minimum for what it takes to do all that.

/edit: I think Ben was just wrong. Still, the rewards are shady.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Temporary Achievements Details:

Complete Scans
    - Reward per milestone achieved: 500,000 Credits for a total of 5,500,000 Credits if all 11 milestones are reached.

- Rewards:

- Rewards:

Ok, so the scan achievement will require some strategy to achieve. If I'm understanding how the system is expected to work: we will NOT be getting a Constellation every day, so we should use ISM on occasion to do extra scans. Have they announced how the scaling will work for the extra scans? I couldn't find it in the coms from Shan.

The math: 40 minus 14 free scans means we need to come up with 26 more scans; that's 1.8 a day (26 divided by 14 days), so about 2 extra scans most days. Seems doable.

As for the Immortalization achievement, I think it's safe to assume that's any old immortalization will do. So a 1* or 2* can do it. Anyone want to question that?

And I think the Retrieval achievement will be the most contentious, as people are naturally going to feel like they should hold onto their polestars. So it's worth reminding people: you don't have to get every achievement; you can play things differently.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1546 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • I've calculated the optimal scan strategy for acquiring and opening Constellations. If you don't use ads then it will be

7175z7oj842m.png

With using ads to gain a bonus scan each time it will be

fhx5z2rkosz2.png

Given I'll be struggling to make 500 ISM a day where I am it looks like I'll be hunting for a new fleet.

(Note: This is probably better off in the Ready Room but WRG don't trust me to start threads.)
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

Complete Scans

- Rewards:

- Rewards:

Ok, so the scan achievement will require some strategy to achieve. If I'm understanding how the system is expected to work: we will NOT be getting a Constellation every day, so we should use ISM on occasion to do extra scans. Have they announced how the scaling will work for the extra scans? I couldn't find it in the coms from Shan.

In Ben's demo it was:

1. Free
    2. 100 ISM
    3. 100 ISM
    4. 200 ISM
    5. 300 ISM
    6. 500 ISM
    7. 800 ISM
    8. 1300 ISM
    9. 2100 ISM

I would need to rewatch it for further scans, but I will not use that anyway.

I will go free, ad, 100, ad and stop.

Cool, thanks! BTW: your strategy seems like the best way to go. And here I was thinking I would do fewer scans and ad-scans now; looks like I'll be doing more than before!

I'm wondering if the cost will scale like the Dabo wheel spin, in that an ad use will use up that cost tier.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1546 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)

Complete Scans

- Rewards:

- Rewards:

In Ben's demo it was:

1. Free
    2. 100 ISM
    3. 100 ISM
    4. 200 ISM
    5. 300 ISM
    6. 500 ISM
    7. 800 ISM
    8. 1300 ISM
    9. 2100 ISM

I wasn't sure if there would still be an option to ad-warp scans, which would definitely make those achievements more manageable.
    edited February 2021

Complete Scans

- Rewards:

- Rewards:

In Ben's demo it was:

1. Free
    2. 100 ISM
    3. 100 ISM
    4. 200 ISM
    5. 300 ISM

Cool, thanks! BTW: your strategy seems like the best way to go. And here I was thinking I would do fewer scans and ad-scans now; looks like I'll be doing more than before!

I'm wondering if the cost will scale like the Dabo wheel spin, in that an ad use will use up that cost tier.

I actually rewatched and added some scans to my post above. It gets crazy.

And pretty sure an ad will consume a cheap scan.
    edited February 2021
    joshurtree wrote: »
    I've calculated the optimal scan strategy for acquiring and opening Constellations. If you don't use ads then it will be

7175z7oj842m.png

With using ads to gain a bonus scan each time it will be

fhx5z2rkosz2.png

Given I'll be struggling to make 500 ISM a day where I am it looks like I'll be hunting for a new fleet.

(Note: This is probably better off in the Ready Room but WRG don't trust me to start threads.)

Where did you get these scan cost? They differ from what Ben showed.

/edit: Oh my, it is too late for this. Yours are accumulated. All good.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

Complete Scans

- Rewards:

- Rewards:

In Ben's demo it was:

1. Free
    2. 100 ISM
    3. 100 ISM
    4. 200 ISM
    5. 300 ISM
    6. 500 ISM
    7. 800 ISM
    8. 1300 ISM
    9. 2100 ISM

I wasn't sure if there would still be an option to ad-warp scans, which would definitely make those achievements more manageable.

Have they said for sure that there will still be Ad Warps for Scans? Also, if there are, probably will be like Dabo. Using Ad Warp will likely increase the price of the next Scan......

Hopefully, there will still be Ad Warps, and will not cause next Scan price to "jump" a level.....

🖖🏻🖖🏼🖖🏽🖖🏾🖖🏿🖖

EDIT TO ADD: We hit Tier One. Apparently in the last few minutes. I had just been in a game a few minutes before.

If we have Ad Warps, and can do four Scans a day for 100/200 ISMs, that is not too unbearable for our Fleet. Hopefully, most Fleets can make at least that first milestone daily!

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Ugh.
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • I'm sure Ben said that the ad warp would be available. Although it is possible that it will go down the road of the Dabo Wheel and only be once a day.