Home The Bridge

Crew Retrieval Introduction Discussion

Comments

• MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Arnie wrote: »
    I jumped fleet today- from our stats we only had 2 or 3 other active players I think. If we get 100 ISM daily individually, I couldn't miss out on another 900.

I feel like this concept puts too much weight on the fleets. 40 members doing dailies is very steep. We lost two long time fleet members within the last two days as they quit the game. So we are down to 42 captains. 30 will be achievable most of the time but 40 will be rare.

For me to consider this well balanced at least 50% of the daily ISM aquisition should lie in the individual's hand. 10% (a bit more as a VIP) is way too little.

Oh, we are recruiting! o:)

/edit: Sadly, I feel like we lost those fleet members not despite but because of the new feature. It forces fleets to narrowly control the members' activity, and at this stagnant point in the game understandably some do not want to commit to doing their dailies, well, daily. It is a game after all!

Agreed. 40 is too high for most fleets, especially when it is not just doing some dailies but completing them.

Good thought! It would be better if every bit of daily activity contributed to the ISM goal and not only the entire completion.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
    You cannot make constellation drop rate super low and then have the only way to scan for constellations be dependent on most people in a fleet completing all of their daily activities. Not unless you want people to hate the new feature.

Plus completing dailies takes time. Many fleet members may take all day to do it. Which means if a player is not awake near daily reset they cannot claim their final ism fuel.

I have a laidback fleet. Am I supposed to go ball buster on everyone now and kick anyone who can’t make dailies or is offline for half of a day? Why spend months on a new feature just to frustrate the players? This will need to be adjusted.

I totally agree with the message, but fortunately the part I maked bold is not true. Shan wrote that just like before with chrons and honor you will receive the ISM that was earned after your last claim will be paid when you enter the starbase after the reset.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • You cannot make constellation drop rate super low and then have the only way to scan for constellations be dependent on most people in a fleet completing all of their daily activities. Not unless you want people to hate the new feature.

Plus completing dailies takes time. Many fleet members may take all day to do it. Which means if a player is not awake near daily reset they cannot claim their final ism fuel.

I have a laidback fleet. Am I supposed to go ball buster on everyone now and kick anyone who can’t make dailies or is offline for half of a day? Why spend months on a new feature just to frustrate the players? This will need to be adjusted.

I totally agree with the message, but fortunately the part I maked bold is not true. Shan wrote that just like before with chrons and honor you will receive the ISM that was earned after your last claim will be paid when you enter the starbase after the reset.

I was wondering about that and missed her post. Good to know that there's one less thing to worry about :sweat_smile:
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Well that’s at least something Sanoa, I edited my post to remove that. But what about the many fleets that don’t even have 40 players? The level of disconnect from TP on this is staggering.
    Let’s fly!
    edited February 2021
    You cannot make constellation drop rate super low and then have the only way to scan for constellations be dependent on most people in a fleet completing all of their daily activities. Not unless you want people to hate the new feature.

I was wondering about that and missed her post. Good to know that there's one less thing to worry about :sweat_smile:

I cannot find it any more but I am sure I read or heard it from TP's side. Maybe it was in the Timelines stream instead? Or in an ingame message? I already deleted the older ones on the topic.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well that’s at least something Sanoa, I edited my post to remove that. But what about the many fleets that don’t even have 40 players? The level of disconnect from TP on this is staggering.

Agreed completely - the remaining other two active members from my old fleet and I jumped ship for another one...which now has 25 members. Our ISM will accumulate at a much lower rate for a reason entirely out of our control.
  • Well that’s at least something Sanoa, I edited my post to remove that. But what about the many fleets that don’t even have 40 players? The level of disconnect from TP on this is staggering.

This is my problem exactly! I LIKE being in a tiny fleet, it's just two people: my husband & me. Why? It gives us (LVL 98/99) something to do. Finishing our starbase is just about the only goal left for us. (Not much of a goal, I know, but still...) I'm really not looking forward to abandoning the work we have done on it or recruiting more people to our fleet and having the starbase finished in no time, but in order to be able to use this new feature, we may have to :-(
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree they miss the mark quite a bit, but many players have been asking for more to do as a fleet, to make fleets more meaningful. Obviously it's a double-edged sword and this will certainly hurt people that haven't prioritized being in a big/active fleet, but I do like making the fleet more useful. They also front-loaded the rewards so that even smaller fleets should have access to the larger chunk of the daily ISM reward.
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    ISM will also be awarded from campaigns.

Let's see how much we get from there, before we start to panic too much.
  • V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    yeah, my fleet has less than 20 active members so...

It should be more balanced solo v fleet. Like 400 ism from each.

But I'm going to stay. I will probably use the new feature like once every 2 or 3 months so whatever. Being harassed by fleet leader is my very least favorite thing. I wouldn't risk it for any reward in this game.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Webberoni wrote: »

I agree they miss the mark quite a bit, but many players have been asking for more to do as a fleet, to make fleets more meaningful. Obviously it's a double-edged sword and this will certainly hurt people that haven't prioritized being in a big/active fleet, but I do like making the fleet more useful. They also front-loaded the rewards so that even smaller fleets should have access to the larger chunk of the daily ISM reward.

I would disagree it is front loaded if the player only gets 100 from their own activities and is reliant on others to get more. Even 20 players doing all dailies is a lot. This is gonna kill many fleets or have players fleeing the game in droves. Should be 700 for the player, then 200 additional for 20 players and 100 for 30 players.
    Let’s fly!
  • -{Punisher}-[BAD]-{Punisher}-[BAD] ✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Adding my voice to this. It was the worst part of the announcement when it hit and I think by the end of day when people see how many of their fleets can't finish normal, daily targets, there will be much deserved grief. Something that adds stress to your average player who may not even want to interact with the system is a BAD idea.

The Starbase donation/chroniton daily requires 32 people to do 1 task and still gets missed for many fleets. This requires 40 people to do 11 tasks.

I don't want to badger my fleetmates.
    I don't want to feel that I'm missing out or less competitive because of what other players outside my control do.
    I don't want to hop fleets looking for one that allows me more interaction with the new system.

I am in complete agreement. They have it set to where only the hardcore fleets will finish the ISM goal. We have the numbers to do it, but we are a casual fleet that focuses on friends and having fun, not forcing everyone to grind just so we can do everything that everyone else is doing.

If it was
    instead of
    then most fleets would be able to do it.
    So if you can scan every 20 minutes with ads I will not spend any ISM on scanning. This puts Steam and FB players into a huge disadvantage though.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    So if you can scan every 20 minutes with ads I will not spend any ISM on scanning. This puts Steam and FB players into a huge disadvantage though.

Can't you only scan using an ad if you've just done a scan? I don't think you can just go and use an ad whenever you want, at least not current state. Unless I'm mistaken, the only place you can is Dabo, and you're limited to one every 24 hours. It would be strange to change that behavior for this feature.
  • dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I share the concerns on ISM collection -- can someone refresh me on what the costs are that require ISM? I mean, is it 200 open a constellation? What do we use our ISM on - that might help put some context on whether the acquiring amounts are out of balance or not?
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »

Can't you only scan using an ad if you've just done a scan? I don't think you can just go and use an ad whenever you want, at least not current state. Unless I'm mistaken, the only place you can is Dabo, and you're limited to one every 24 hours. It would be strange to change that behavior for this feature.

I believe you are correct - I just ran a regular scan a few minutes ago and it is offering the option to use an ad to do it again, but usually only the button with the time on it is present (and leads you to the dilithium speed-up option).
  • I am in a fleet that has only 12 members left. Does this mean the end of our fleet (starbase lvl114) because members are leaving to join fleets that have at least 20 or more active captains, in order to claim daily ISM??
    robownage wrote: »

You are right. I misunderstood the concept.

Probably one or max. two ad scans make sense as this is set up, and the second is already quite expensive.
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    dext74 wrote: »
    I share the concerns on ISM collection -- can someone refresh me on what the costs are that require ISM? I mean, is it 200 open a constellation? What do we use our ISM on - that might help put some context on whether the acquiring amounts are out of balance or not?

Timelines Talk tweeted out a good visual for understanding the whole process.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1546 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    Over half a day, and we are 14/40 in my fleet (which I consider a pretty good one, pretty active members, maxed starbase)
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I generally don't try to finish early. I imagine most people finish at the end of the day.