robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Kim-Novak wrote: »
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    Enjoying that surplus 4* citation life.
    kc3tw2exl7f0.png
    qqlhckv92cm0.png

Burnham is a great card. Definitely one to prioritize for cites/retrieval

It's crazy to me how much I still use FOB, despite her being 5 years old. She's not on a voyage or shuttle 100% of the time anymore... but it's probably still above 50% of the time now.

I don’t think there's a single crew who has gotten more use in my game than her.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Burnham is a great card. Definitely one to prioritize for cites/retrieval

I also had to cite Laris and Luau Q to also finish this collection tier (thx WRG for the freebie). FOB frequently takes a back seat because she’s a single collection crew that’s available in the portal.

Vulcan and Survivalist are on deck now. Sadly Mintaken Riker will likely get fused before FOB. Next collection addition could completely change my math though.
    robownage wrote: »
    I don’t think there's a single crew who has gotten more use in my game than her.

Locutus and Mirror Phlox are the game’s Ironmen.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    madratmadrat ✭✭
    Midweek even I am not even going to try. You must win 18 admiral division battles. Might as well give up. It should really be changed to tried. Also 45 wins on the Gauntlet? Half the time I lose ever match even when I have better numbers. The gauntlet is so bugged I don't even play it unless forced. The midweek even forces us to play the gauntlet and hope for 45 wins. How about 45 matches win or lose. This is why I don't even try the midweek event now. Spending 400 chron is easy but the rest of it, I just might as well turn of the computer and be frustrated, and now 3 weeks in a row the same midweek event. UGggg!!!!!
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will try. I will never not try. I descend from bullheaded Scotsmen. I always go down swinging.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Midweek even I am not even going to try. You must win 18 admiral division battles. Might as well give up. It should really be changed to tried. Also 45 wins on the Gauntlet? Half the time I lose ever match even when I have better numbers. The gauntlet is so bugged I don't even play it unless forced. The midweek even forces us to play the gauntlet and hope for 45 wins. How about 45 matches win or lose. This is why I don't even try the midweek event now. Spending 400 chron is easy but the rest of it, I just might as well turn of the computer and be frustrated, and now 3 weeks in a row the same midweek event. UGggg!!!!!

Pages of advice in this very thread on how to Tank Arena between Objective Events. Which totally disregards if someone needs the Schemes, though.

Gauntlet definitely is RNG based, though. Even if you follow the advice in this thread on how to "adjust" it.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭

Pages of advice in this very thread on how to Tank Arena between Objective Events. Which totally disregards if someone needs the Schemes, though.

Nobody needs the schematics. Some people might want them but until they offer something with fairly unique traits you're not missing much if you have to tank.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    I definitely noticed a dearth of level 1 ships this morning. I got there, but it was much more time consuming than the last few have been.
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    I pulled my compensation out of the mailbox yesterday, because I did not want to lose the legendary citation. I then played 6 arena battles.

Today when I logged on (after reset), I found I still had 14 tokens, so extra tokens carry over.

• Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another OE, another 65% crit for a gauntlet exclusive. This has moved past random occurrence into an intentional decision to make these gauntlets more painful than usual.
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Another OE, another 65% crit for a gauntlet exclusive. This has moved past random occurrence into an intentional decision to make these gauntlets more painful than usual.

I at least have Guinan {The 65% for my Gauntlet Round}
    Doesn't really help. Still over halfway to go after two rounds. With a fifteen plus streak first time last night.

I've started just stopping when a few Refreshes don't give me someone I at least have a chance against. Let my people come off cooldown and then try again after the four hours.

The 65% Gauntlet Crew that ticks me off is Balor. Before I got him, he was 45%/65% almost every Gauntlet. When he wasn't ONCE he was 5%. Since I got him, I have had like three of his 65% Gauntlets.

I finished last week. I should this week. Now the irritation is actually the Shuttles. I had three out of four fail the first wave.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Seven ConstanzaSeven Constanza ✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    I definitely noticed a dearth of level 1 ships this morning. I got there, but it was much more time consuming than the last few have been.

Same here although in my case I’d attribute it to waiting until yesterday afternoon to start tanking. I was at a higher position than I was last week this time. Since we’ll have this same midweek event next week again maybe I’ll just let it tank after I get the goal finished tomorrow.
  • Options
    -:- AZ689-:- AZ689 ✭✭✭
    For me, the Gauntlet is the aggravating part. The Gauntlet is inherently aggravating anyway, and it hasn't helped that so many of the skill combinations of late have favored 65% pools for jackpot crew. Balok and Tribbled Koloth and Korax have each had at least three in the last couple weeks, and my current one favors Bartender Guinan (El-Aurian, Marksman, Communicator). It's depleted my merits almost as heavily as it's depleted my patience.

This!

My currrent gauntlet ialso favors Guinan with 65%.
    I'm lv62, with no gauntlet exclusive crew at all. My 5%-Mirror Phlox can do **tsk tsk** against her.

My patience is also running low because of it. Admiral-Arena is easy, if done proberly, but the f* gauntlet task & RNG is killing my mood to play the game at all.
  • Options
    For me, the Gauntlet is the aggravating part. The Gauntlet is inherently aggravating anyway, and it hasn't helped that so many of the skill combinations of late have favored 65% pools for jackpot crew. Balok and Tribbled Koloth and Korax have each had at least three in the last couple weeks, and my current one favors Bartender Guinan (El-Aurian, Marksman, Communicator). It's depleted my merits almost as heavily as it's depleted my patience.

This!

My currrent gauntlet ialso favors Guinan with 65%.
    I'm lv62, with no gauntlet exclusive crew at all. My 5%-Mirror Phlox can do **tsk tsk** against her.

My patience is also running low because of it. Admiral-Arena is easy, if done proberly, but the f* gauntlet task & RNG is killing my mood to play the game at all.

And yet, no one says you have to take part in this weekly event. I don't intentionally do so, but I'll take the rewards for shuttles and chron spending, if I happen to earn them during my regular daily play.
    I know I don't have the crew to be that successful at Gauntlet (trust me, I've tried many times), and my Arena success (without tanking) is not above 80% (which you need if you want to hit 18 out of 20 consistently week to week).

This event is challenging by design; if you don't have the time or the resources to win every part of it, don't waste time doing the parts you can't complete.
    And, certainly, don't come here and complain that this problem is killing your desire to play the game; recognize that, at your level, you're not going to be able to do everything the game offers, at least not do it well, and focus on working towards the things you need to get to that level.
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    The 45 wins in gauntlet is indeed tough. You need to play at least 4-5 times a day and it cost merits.
    I have made it each time but barely.
    What I have found that helps is using a variety of crew in skills. The featured skill doesn't have a big impact.
  • Options
    Are the other events ever coming back?
  • Options
    Five Gauntlet Wins to go with over a day left. Might make it.

Shuttles are being the stick this time. 6/20 right now.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    No artwork for Gomtuu in Arena Ship Battles.
    c1dezbskf9n9.jpeg
    I think this might be fixed soon™️:

ctbsls5ctket.jpeg

"In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    weakinteractionweakinteraction ✭✭✭✭

The trick with shuttles in MEU is not to claim them for the 24-48 hours before the start* - a returned but unclaimed shuttle releases the shuttlebay but not the crew on the shuttle. Assuming you have a deep enough roster to have decent success %ages even after tying up a couple of dozen cards, you can claim a whole bunch as soon as the event starts and clear the requirement or at least get very close.

*12 hours if the weekend event was a faction.

(Having a faction tanked also works, but I'm still stubborn about not doing that.)
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭

The trick with shuttles in MEU is not to claim them for the 24-48 hours before the start* - a returned but unclaimed shuttle releases the shuttlebay but not the crew on the shuttle. Assuming you have a deep enough roster to have decent success %ages even after tying up a couple of dozen cards, you can claim a whole bunch as soon as the event starts and clear the requirement or at least get very close.

(Having a faction tanked also works, but I'm still stubborn about not doing that.)

This is what I did, when the OE started I had 16 shuttles waiting to be completed, 14 of them succeeded (more than I was expecting) so the rest was easy. But as you say, you need the depth of roster to be able to send out that many with any chance of success. Even with a less stacked roster though, you should still be able to rack up a few advance successes to make things easier.
  • Options
    HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    5pkxzhmigb28.jpg

How do you get this? Even after thousands of spent merits I get walls where Locutus is the weakest.

PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Options
    HaBlack wrote: »
    5pkxzhmigb28.jpg

How do you get this? Even after thousands of spent merits I get walls where Locutus is the weakest.

That looks a lot like a "starting" array. Rather than a "towards the end of the Gauntlet" array.....
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    HaBlack wrote: »
    5pkxzhmigb28.jpg

Try to stay low in trophies.
  • Options

I'll try that next week. But, if the four Shuttles with my best Crew have a 2/4 to 3/4 FAILURE RATE, it might not help but so much. I'll try to remember to keep track next week.

Current wave of four was 2/4 again. I'm at 16/20 so should make it unless the weird sleep cycle gets another flat on me.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll try that next week. But, if the four Shuttles with my best Crew have a 2/4 to 3/4 FAILURE RATE, it might not help but so much. I'll try to remember to keep track next week.

To get a failure rate like that you would need to be running partially fused 4*s. No one’s luck is that bad.
  • Options
    weakinteractionweakinteraction ✭✭✭✭
    Shuttle difficulty is adaptive, moving up and down the ladder with +1 for every win and -1.5 for every loss. It's most obvious in faction events (because it affects your VP level) but it's true for normal shuttles too. Until your crew is good enough that you're consistently on the top rung (which you need fully fused golds for, IME), your average shuttle chance should hover around 60% (out of every five, three wins gives 3 x +1 = +3 and the two losses give 2 x -1.5 = -3 and you've broken even). That tracks with bouncing around between 2/4 and 3/4 in each wave.
  • Options
    Ivanstone wrote: »

To get a failure rate like that you would need to be running partially fused 4*s. No one’s luck is that bad.

Okay.

uune54ekragw.jpg
    bqoa94gx7fgj.jpg
    833cawj7knph.jpg
    sdc4azuittrw.jpg

Falcon {2/5} {100}
    BurnMom {3/5} {100}
    Presage {2/5} {100}
    Garak {1/5} {100}

The rest Immortalized. All Legendaries. But, yeah. It's the players' fault that you actually get "punished" for doing well with a Faction. The higher your relationship with a Faction, the harder it is to get Shuttles that do well.

And now, you can go back on Click. Wondered why you were. So, I checked to see what you said. Now, I remember.

• Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    The rest Immortalized. All Legendaries. But, yeah. It's the players' fault that you actually get "punished" for doing well with a Faction. The higher your relationship with a Faction, the harder it is to get Shuttles that do well.

I see a bunch of crew that should be getting shuttle chances around 90%. Better with skill boosters.

I don’t really run shuttles with less than 93%. So I’m not shocked if I fail one shuttle. I’m mildly annoyed when I fail two. Mildly pleased if I pass all 20.

I find it baffling in this thread your claiming huge shuttle failures yet you’re perfectly willing to compete in a full faction event for the new Brunt. Aren’t you worried about getting “punished” for being successful in a faction event?
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good thing 65% Guinan Gauntlets aren't a problem during a time when people need 45 Gauntlet wins.

q4ogfgbvy6r3.jpg