Home The Bridge
Options

Now there is a STT Store

Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
https://store.startrektimelines.com/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social_post&utm_id=webstore_launch_20220613&fbclid=IwAR3YRRmsQ1pVzFN8sd6V0v2OPSGuYpFGjS2cYP1vuqNJKbZFJBqbCArMjNU

WELCOME TO STAR TREK TIMELINES WEBSTORE!
In this store you will find higher value offers, greater discounts, as well as exclusive deals. Come back often to not miss out on webstore-only limited offers, and new additions! We’re very happy to be able to offer you an alternative to make purchases, advantageous and accessible from all platforms. LLAP!

-the Star Trek Timelines team

Not quite sure what to make of it.

Comments

• Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    The offers(so far) are…..underwhelming, to say at least.

Hopefully it gets better.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buy 60k chrons on demand. Can't wait to see what this does for players trying to win galaxy and skirmish events.
  • Options
    j8liawneymtw.png

Where is the +500 you get when purchasing in-game? I already get VIP bonus no matter based on how much I am spending. For a $1 discount and then not getting that extra 500 I would rather buy in-game and continue to let Apple take 30%.
  • Options
    Buy 60k chrons on demand. Can't wait to see what this does for players trying to win galaxy and skirmish events.

When I saw how much you can buy for $475 that was literally the first thing I thought about. I was like, there go the chances of winning a galaxy or skirmish event.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    @Zombie Squirrel ...Reach for the Cosmos Offer has insane value who gives a **tsk tsk** about currency and vip points individual packs...I just did the math and the Reach for the cosmos would cost over 600 if bought in game not to mention making 100 different purchases...not sure how that is unclear Comment moderated. Welcome, please take a moment to read our community guidelines - Thanks ~Shan
  • Options
    Ivanstone wrote: »

When I saw how much you can buy for $475 that was literally the first thing I thought about. I was like, there go the chances of winning a galaxy or skirmish event.

The hidden problem with doing well in a Skirmish or Galaxy is that you might have the resources to place well but you still have to spend the time tapping. I placed top 10 to get 4x Carpenter Street Archer and it barely put a dent in my resource stash. I didn't place better because I didn't want to spend anymore time than what I did.

It may not effect how much VP the top player will do but we may see the top 20-30 become extremely competitive.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    j8liawneymtw.png

Where is the +500 you get when purchasing in-game? I already get VIP bonus no matter based on how much I am spending. For a $1 discount and then not getting that extra 500 I would rather buy in-game and continue to let Apple take 30%.

The bungles are exactly the same, with a discount. The bonus Dilithium you see mentioned when looking at those bundles in game, is the VIP Dilithium bonus corresponding to your VIP level :)
  • Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is pretty bothersome, especially since this is turned into a collecting game. They are going to offer crew exclusively through the store. Another way to try to bleed the fanbase.

Store offerings
    What kind of exclusive offers can you expect:
    - Discounted Campaign Ultimate Track. (not live yet)
    - Exclusive Limited Treasures Offers. (elusive crew) - this will be our best offers for elusive limited crew, and only available in the webstore! (not live yet)
    - Discounted Elusive Treasures Offers. (not live yet)
    - Reach for the Cosmos exclusive Limited Time Offer!
    - Discounted Dilithium Bundles and Chronitons Bundles.

https://forum.wickedrealmgames.com/stt/discussion/19391/time-portal-update-treasures-a-webstore-and-more#latest
  • Options
    @ NewtonianQBalls
    j8liawneymtw.png

Fair point they need to offer more VIP for a 1$ discount, id still take 30 seconds and enter an id vs perpetuate the app store's **tsk tsk** monopoly tactics but the point is valid. Still for me the LTO's and the bigger bundles is where this channel will be useful
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Zombie Squirrel ...Reach for the Cosmos Offer has insane value who gives a **tsk tsk** about currency and vip points individual packs...I just did the math and the Reach for the cosmos would cost over 600 if bought in game not to mention making 100 different purchases...not sure how that is unclear unless you can't do basic high school math... typical troll negativity cheer up man at least this game tries to offer savings

Pretty obvious you don t play the game regulary. 🙈

And nice that u extra created an account to do this post.
    Calling a long term player(since day1], regular in game spender and
    regular forum user a troll is just redicilious. Pretty obvious who‘s the real troll.😆

Who buys stuff for regular prices ingame(except campaigns, monthly dilithium and quantum cards or DYC) anyway?

You can only compare an offer to other offers.

So how about this(just as 1 example of many)?

You get 4,500 dilithium, 4,500 chrons and 20x10 premium packs for 25 bucks. You can buy it twice so for 50 bucks its 9k dilithium, 9k chrons and 40 packs. Yeah no legendary citations. But still waaaay better value then the promoted 100 buck store deal. Can you get the math? 😘

z69yj23roo0k.jpeg

404en970sev6.jpeg

There’s also this offer, which is better than what’s offered in the store.z3kn9ipomi9m.png
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    j8liawneymtw.png

The bungles are exactly the same, with a discount. The bonus Dilithium you see mentioned when looking at those bundles in game, is the VIP Dilithium bonus corresponding to your VIP level :)

Thanks for the clarification. Granted, I just came back to playing the game after 2.5 years and some things are still rusty on the brain.

But $1 savings out of $20 is only a 5% savings when Apple and Google take 30%. I understand there is still a cost to running the website and fees associated with credit cards. If there was an additional saving for those that use debit cards or who link a bank account it would sweeten the deal for me. I just don't find 5% worth getting on my computer or tablet to make that purchase. Easier to just buy it in-game.
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    j8liawneymtw.png

Thanks for the clarification. Granted, I just came back to playing the game after 2.5 years and some things are still rusty on the brain.

But $1 savings out of $20 is only a 5% savings when Apple and Google take 30%. I understand there is still a cost to running the website and fees associated with credit cards. If there was an additional saving for those that use debit cards or who link a bank account it would sweeten the deal for me. I just don't find 5% worth getting on my computer or tablet to make that purchase. Easier to just buy it in-game.

Use amazon coins (on amazon devices only) and you can get similar (or greater discounts) depending on the size of the coin package you buy.
  • Options
    NoNameNamerNoNameNamer ✭✭✭✭
    Easier to use a site builder than to make changes to your own game, I guess.
  • Options
    j8liawneymtw.png

@shan Did you really just say Bungled lol 😂 🤣
  • Options
    *Bungles even
  • Options
    MusinoMusino ✭✭
    Navarch wrote: »
    j8liawneymtw.png

Use amazon coins (on amazon devices only) and you can get similar (or greater discounts) depending on the size of the coin package you buy.

$25 in Amazon coins cost $21.75 and if you have a prime card you get 5% back as well.
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amazon Coins is the best
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shan will the campaign track purchase at a discount happen this month? In other words, should we wait to purchase until it gets discounted in the store, or will it not go live till next month
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

They could have made changes in game. This is about trying to cut out Google/Apple. There is no one taking a 30% cut on their own store. And the credit card fees and hosting costs will be a fraction of that.
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

They could have made changes in game. This is about trying to cut out Google/Apple. There is no one taking a 30% cut on their own store. And the credit card fees and hosting costs will be a fraction of that.

This is WRG following in the footsteps of Epic (Fortnight).
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    This looks like a fire sale. Im closing my wallet.

I don't see anything here that smacks of desperation. I think this is just how digital commerce is going in general right now. In the last week or so, Vudu has modified their Android app to direct Disc to Digital purchases to be completed on their website via the user's web browser rather than in the app.

In fairness, there are only 32 reviews there for a company that's handled large accounts since 2010. Of those, only four were posted since early August. That was when the CEO notoriously fired 150 people because their data monitoring reported them as unproductive.

The bottom of the store page has a link for customer service and it's the game's Zendesk. I assume any disputes will be worked out in-house, as they have been all along. If so, that alleviates any reflexive jitters for me, as I've been largely satisfied by customer service to date for my periodic dilemmas.
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of games are trying to bypass the app store fees. I don't know if it's charges taxes but it is currently up for the monthly campaign and is about the same as Amazon who does charge taxes but the Amazon coins discount is about the same as their store. The exclusive $100 pack isn't terrible but is $100...
  • Options
    imdwalrusimdwalrus ✭✭✭
    I don't know if it's charges taxes but it is currently up for the monthly campaign and is about the same as Amazon who does charge taxes but the Amazon coins discount is about the same as their store.

Mind showing your math? With Amazon coins if you go all in at the $500 level you can save 20%. The campaign is only a 5% discount in the web store. And for that minimal of a discount I'd rather just keep buying through Google where at least I'll get reward points for the Play store and not have to worry about looking up my DBID each time.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    The design of the site is underwhelming, to put it mildly. I'm sure it must've taken someone at least half an hour to throw it together.