Home The Bridge

FBB upcoming fix + Updates - 2022-07-22 - Edit 2022-07-28

Comments

• RookiebatmanRookiebatman ✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Peets wrote: »
    Isn't everyone getting the bonus?

I think they meant "so they can jump in and get the benefits of the bonus," as in, wait until their attacks do more damage to use their valor.

• DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    The changes to the way nodes work (less possible crew & more bonuses for everyone but nothing for the person who unlocks them) aren't fixes.

They actually make the problem worse for those who take the time and resources to unlock them, as they will spend even more resources and get even less out of it, with battles ending earlier.

Yes. Players will be less likely to unlock the first nodes, as they will be waiting for other players, so they can then jump in and claim the bonus.

You have to hit the first level at minimum of the Personal Damage Rewards to get the group Rewards.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    The changes to the way nodes work (less possible crew & more bonuses for everyone but nothing for the person who unlocks them) aren't fixes.

They actually make the problem worse for those who take the time and resources to unlock them, as they will spend even more resources and get even less out of it, with battles ending earlier.

Yes. Players will be less likely to unlock the first nodes, as they will be waiting for other players, so they can then jump in and claim the bonus.

You have to hit the first level at minimum of the Personal Damage Rewards to get the group Rewards.

Nope. That's for the end reward. This is what was said about the new trait temporary bonus.
    Completing a combo will grant each fleet member with a same temporary buff to a ship stat, and this for the remainder of the boss battle. The effectiveness of the buff given will be rolled and will be random based on specific parameters.
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like I misread it. So who gets to rerole?
  • Princess_UhuraPrincess_Uhura ✭✭✭✭
    I think the reroll is done by the person who unlocked it.
  • The thing with the bonus (that I would like, if they had implemented it after adding some sort of reward for the players who unlock nodes) is that it's of no use to you if you already used up your Valor trying to unlock nodes and your fleet finishes the battle before your tickets refresh.
  • The thing with the bonus (that I would like, if they had implemented it after adding some sort of reward for the players who unlock nodes) is that it's of no use to you if you already used up your Valor trying to unlock nodes and your fleet finishes the battle before your tickets refresh.

It is if you spend dilithium. Pretty sure that's by design.
    I think that after their “fix”, players are going to find it impossible to complete chains at all. So, my suspicion is these bonuses really wont come unto play until they fix what they are about to break.
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess the best strategy is for the fleet to take out the combos, then do the damage.
    I guess the best strategy is for the fleet to take out the combos, then do the damage.

Im not sure exactly how the strategy will evolve with the new fix they are going to do. If it becomes more difficult to trigger the chains, i suspect that people will not waste any valor on it.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭

Im not sure exactly how the strategy will evolve with the new fix they are going to do. If it becomes more difficult to trigger the chains, i suspect that people will not waste any valor on it.

Agreed. The little bit of luck on unlocking nodes adds to the fun. FBB is already hard enough and merit costly.
    Let’s fly!
    AviTrek wrote: »

Nope. That's for the end reward. This is what was said about the new trait temporary bonus.
    Completing a combo will grant each fleet member with a same temporary buff to a ship stat, and this for the remainder of the boss battle. The effectiveness of the buff given will be rolled and will be random based on specific parameters.

Simple explanation. I misread what was being asked!

• Maybe someone has mentioned this since I haven't read everything but I'm reading between the lines here and I think WRG may be going after elements they think will address some player concerns while also being fairly quick to implement. Since none of us knows the fragility or sphagetti-ness of the code for a particular feature, WRG may agree with the player base on some of the changes that need to be made but they're not talking about them because they'll take weeks to refactor and that development time is competing with other priorities.
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well we just hit a wall “jaglom shrek” available only in a 3x3 pack a random week in April, not in portal, never in an event and we are locked out of beating the boss and wasted valor and dilithium.

This needs to be fixed #1 priority
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe someone has mentioned this since I haven't read everything but I'm reading between the lines here and I think WRG may be going after elements they think will address some player concerns while also being fairly quick to implement. Since none of us knows the fragility or sphagetti-ness of the code for a particular feature, WRG may agree with the player base on some of the changes that need to be made but they're not talking about them because they'll take weeks to refactor and that development time is competing with other priorities.

Yes and no. I think that first hot fix was all about what they could do quickly. Some of these other changes seem less so.

Adding a brand new boost reward and then giving a quote about how "fun" the change of, that feels like a feature decision they're trying to sell vs understanding the issue players have been having.

And while I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt on crew not in the portal in the initial fix, it now feels much more like a design choice they're defending. Changing from all crew to crew in the portal should be easy for a new feature. But figuring out how to exclude crew between dabo and event is harder. The fact that they're struggling with that rather than limiting it to portal crew feels like they don't want to limit it to just portal crew.
  • I think WRG may be going after elements they think will address some player concerns while also being fairly quick to implement.

I would be very amused to hear someone try to explain how they could possibly think that taking away the ability for traits spread over multiple crew to unlock a node was addressing player concerns. It sure seems to me that WRG is going after elements they think will address their shareholders' concerns (since making it harder to unlock nodes will push players to spend more dilithium), not anything at all to do with the players.
    edited July 2022
    I think WRG may be going after elements they think will address some player concerns while also being fairly quick to implement.

I would be very amused to hear someone try to explain how they could possibly think that taking away the ability for traits spread over multiple crew to unlock a node was addressing player concerns. It sure seems to me that WRG is going after elements they think will address their shareholders' concerns (since making it harder to unlock nodes will push players to spend more dilithium), not anything at all to do with the players.

I hate to be so negative, but i also agree that this initial fix seems to be aimed at making it even slower and more challenging (if not impossible) to do the bridge upgrades.

And i also agree that the little adlib about the wrg employee who said “i was thrilled to soar through the rankings” seemed cheesy and like it was intended to be a selling point.

Im thinking the re-roll feature and buffs were already in development and this is just a slow roll out of those thihgs. And they are trying to sell it like it is listening to players but really it was always part of the plan.

The portal crew thing, i saw that q&a and the employee said yeah its pointing to all crew in the game and we are seeing if that needs to be changed. Sorry, but thats just insympathetic corp speak for “im not fixing that until people are rioting about it”

They arent going to make anything easier until people quit using the feature and spending resources on it.

Edit: i wan to clarify that i do want them to make money. I want this game to continue. And i want this feature to bring in new players and keep the old ones atound too. But these are just hopes and im worried about the decisions that are being made and the feedback that is not being prioritized.

Why call it a beta and seek input if you arent goong to ise that input to improve the feature. Why focus on making the experience worse, before listening to player requests?
  • Since there's two feedback threads, I thought I'd post here as well in case the other one gets abandoned:

Can someone explain how these bridge upgrades work? Because I was under the impression that they made it so you did more damage to the Doomsday Machine and your ship would last longer against it in battle. But I am almost on level 7 and so far I'm still lasting the exact same amount of time as before and doing the same amount of damage, or less depending on RNG, as the first time I played a FBB. Am I misunderstanding how this works?
  • PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    Since there's two feedback threads, I thought I'd post here as well in case the other one gets abandoned:

Can someone explain how these bridge upgrades work? Because I was under the impression that they made it so you did more damage to the Doomsday Machine and your ship would last longer against it in battle. But I am almost on level 7 and so far I'm still lasting the exact same amount of time as before and doing the same amount of damage, or less depending on RNG, as the first time I played a FBB. Am I misunderstanding how this works?

No, you are correct. I have experienced that my ship last longer now. On hard I can take 1 more attack of the Boss and my average damage has increased. I'm level 6.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since there's two feedback threads, I thought I'd post here as well in case the other one gets abandoned:

At the start, I was definitely dying faster. Barely making it to 30s with a Sphere. Now I’m reliably living closer to 40s.

Damage is likely better but sometimes RNG hurts. I had two close to 60s runs over the weekend. 3M on the first, 6.7M on the second. Probably one of my worst runs with my current setup, the next my second best.
    VIP 13 - 305 Crew Slots - 915 Immortals
  • Ivanstone wrote: »
    Damage is likely better but sometimes RNG hurts. I had two close to 60s runs over the weekend. 3M on the first, 6.7M on the second. Probably one of my worst runs with my current setup, the next my second best.

I just had a similar situation, except it was 3M twice in a row before I got a 7M. I was starting to think I was getting that "upgrading the bridge actually makes your damage against the boss go down" bug that some people have hypothesized, but based on the third result, it seems there's just a high level of variance in the possible results you can get (especially when you're boosting Crit Bonus).
    Ivanstone wrote: »

I just had a similar situation, except it was 3M twice in a row before I got a 7M. I was starting to think I was getting that "upgrading the bridge actually makes your damage against the boss go down" bug that some people have hypothesized, but based on the third result, it seems there's just a high level of variance in the possible results you can get (especially when you're boosting Crit Bonus).

I usually run UOB/Ardra with one Hammer. Sometimes the hammer is very big. I figure if I’m reliably living to 42s the law of averages will be favourable with 36000 crit bonus.
  • RookiebatmanRookiebatman ✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    I figure if I’m reliably living to 42s the law of averages will be favourable with 36000 crit bonus.

We probably shouldn't get too used to that, the two Crit Bonuses stacking is probably a mistake that they'll "fix" soon.
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    For what its worth, not only do crit bonuses make a huge swing, but the amount of time between boss attacks vary by a few seconds, so you could get hit fast or slowly depending on luck
    I figure if I’m reliably living to 42s the law of averages will be favourable with 36000 crit bonus.

We probably shouldn't get too used to that, the two Crit Bonuses stacking is probably a mistake that they'll "fix" soon.

Its never been confirmed that they stack in the first place. Or even with your ship's inherent Crit Bonus. Up until last week I never even noticed that the Sphere has 5000 Crit Bonus and that bonus is double what many 4* ships get.

There are 3 considerations though:
    1 - Ardra has an Accuracy bonus which may have some advantage even if your opponent has an Evasion of 0. Also high passive stats.
    2 - UOB has an Evasion bonus which likely has more advantage even against an opponent that has noticeably higher Accuracy. Also high passive stats.
    3 - FBB is the first in game feature that will provide you with a numerical value of your total damage output. Technically, this used to be the health of an opponent in Arena but Arena is more of whoever crits first slapfight.

If I was to take the paranoid view of either WRG's malice or their coding ability, I could just say ship battles work by whichever crew looks prettier. Maybe I should use Mariner full time because she's a real hottie. In the mean time, I'll just use the stats that are given and hope for the best:

lcr7n6rwoa6n.png
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting solution to magnesite but if it works, I like it.
    Interesting solution to magnesite but if it works, I like it.

Just another chance for them to remove the arbitrary cap and they instead made several other changes.......