Home The Bridge
Options

FBB upcoming fix + Updates - 2022-07-22 - Edit 2022-07-28

Comments

• Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another day, another CS ticket for lost Valor from crashes. Six in 25 or 26 hours.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    Probably our one and only shot at it.

But see, this is a huge problem, because you need a bunch of Bilitrium 1 to do bridge levels 7 and 8 (I think 20 per level), and then a bunch of Bilitrium 2 for the levels beyond that. It truly seems like it was specifically and consciously designed to only be possible to get good results in this game mode for people who spend a ton of dilithium (and I wouldn't be surprised if they start offering overpriced cash Valor packs once they decide FBB is out of beta).

This game has a lot of good stuff that they do for players who are trying to get some enjoyment out of it without spending money, it's one of the things I used to really like about this game. This feature seems completely and purposely Play2Win, and it scares me for the future of Timelines in general.

• Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    We've tested and proven we can beat hard without unlocking any nodes. Kinda strange when we were stuck on normal and had to "buy" our finish". Guess our better ships and crew paid off. We have coordinated and saved for a run today at brutal with the 10 extra. We are all going to start with a full 14 and give Brutal a go. Probably our one and only shot at it.

Just an FYI for help, Nightmare using recommended 5* ships and crew is virtually identical if not easier than Brutal in terms of # of runs and gives much better rewards. As long as you guys have either Artifact or T'ong as well ardra and some 400% instant damage crew. Do the match, but Nightmare nodes take out 50% of the boss and most people can do 7-9 million dmg per round
  • Options
    My fleet are fighting a Brutal Boss Battle.

We currently need Shroomies to unlock the final node of the combo. This was a crew in a six pack in May. There is very little chance any of my fleet mates will have it, and no chance we can get it, because it is not in the portal.

Before the fix we could have worked around this by combining crew with the correct traits.

This is likely to be our only chance at beating Brutal for a long time, due to the 10 valor in the portal.

At the same time, we have fleet members insisting on attacking hard, meaning effort is being spread out, instead of concentrated on one battle.

Like I said, this is going to start being a huge problem for lots of fleets......
  • Options
    most people can do 7-9 million dmg per round

Not in every fleet.
  • Options
    most people can do 7-9 million dmg per round

Not in every fleet.

I said if you have T'ong, ardra and 3 blast crew. That was the caveat, if you do, then the above numbers are with little to no bridge bonus
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    We're still in the process of preparing the deploy of the weekly server, and the fix.

I strenuously object to the use of the term "fix" to describe something that's actually a nerf, something that serves no other purpose than to make this game mode harder for the players so they'll spend more dilithium.

Can
    My fleet are fighting a Brutal Boss Battle.

We currently need Shroomies to unlock the final node of the combo. This was a crew in a six pack in May. There is very little chance any of my fleet mates will have it, and no chance we can get it, because it is not in the portal.

Before the fix we could have worked around this by combining crew with the correct traits.

This is likely to be our only chance at beating Brutal for a long time, due to the 10 valor in the portal.

At the same time, we have fleet members insisting on attacking hard, meaning effort is being spread out, instead of concentrated on one battle.

My fleets in the same boat. We beat Brutal last night. Not sure how often we can do it though. Some people spent DIL but others didn’t use the 10 valour either.

We were beating Hard 3 times per day while completing very few of the combo chains. That’s doing 600m per day with people using inefficient setups and some people dividing their attention. Dunno how many people you have doing it but if your in Hard3PerDayLand, Brutal is realistic.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    My fleets in the same boat. We beat Brutal last night. Not sure how often we can do it though. Some people spent DIL but others didn’t use the 10 valour either.

We were beating Hard 3 times per day while completing very few of the combo chains. That’s doing 600m per day with people using inefficient setups and some people dividing their attention. Dunno how many people you have doing it but if your in Hard3PerDayLand, Brutal is realistic.

Same here.

We manage 2 hard a day. Brutal we managed now due to the extra valor. But without it don't think we can make it atm. With the future node bonus, we might.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    We've tested and proven we can beat hard without unlocking any nodes. Kinda strange when we were stuck on normal and had to "buy" our finish". Guess our better ships and crew paid off. We have coordinated and saved for a run today at brutal with the 10 extra. We are all going to start with a full 14 and give Brutal a go. Probably our one and only shot at it.

Ya, this is what many captains are noticing. My conclusion is that WRG does not realize how weak the 3* ships and 3* crew and lower are. I would suggest an evasion 4 immediate damage 200% with no ship trigger be added. But, that still would not be of much help unless they gave that crew some decent passive skills.
    The real solution might be to lower the Boss's hull some maybe 140million.
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just encountered a combo where the Vedala Elder is the only one to unluck the node! Really? :(
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jhamel wrote: »
    Just encountered a combo where the Vedala Elder is the only one to unluck the node! Really? :(

Wouldn’t have thought it was a problem for your fleet given it’s strong enough to beat Ultra-nightmare……surely someone got Vedala in the event. By the way, congrats on that BBB win, our fleet hasn’t even had a go at it yet
  • Options

For a full fleet, I do think event crew are fair game (someone should place top 1500). Its really the 3X3 packs that I think are just not fair, the drop rates are too low and not everyone is interesting to go for.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭

For a full fleet, I do think event crew are fair game (someone should place top 1500). Its really the 3X3 packs that I think are just not fair, the drop rates are too low and not everyone is interesting to go for.

I do agree there. Even in my 41/50 fleet, only about 15 active/25 semi-active, I know there are a couple of the Vedala Elder around. I have one and I think two others got one.
    The real issue is them appearing in the Vault, and the possible trait pool, eight or more days before they are available. The Tuesday pack golds are another issue. I would think most fleets have a completest, like me, that go after the purples, at least. I'm only short three (not counting the new Rutherford) and several players have the Ensign Picard I lack. I'd have to ask, but some probably have Roy or Kov, my other two. I don't go after the gold, unless there is a useful purple or two in the pack.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Thank you Shan for listening. I hope it comes out fast.
  • Options
    Peets wrote: »

This fix would rarely even be necessary if they had just listened to the wide chorus of players begging them to not remove the ability to unlock nodes with traits spread over multiple crew. But once they did take that fun thing away from us, doing this is just the very barest minimum necessary to make the feature be playable at all (since some node are literally impossible to unlock in the current state).
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022

This fix would rarely even be necessary if they had just listened to the wide chorus of players begging them to not remove the ability to unlock nodes with traits spread over multiple crew. But once they did take that fun thing away from us, doing this is just the very barest minimum necessary to make the feature be playable at all (since some node are literally impossible to unlock in the current state).

Yes, it is necessary. I prefer this then they would undo the fix.
    People were begging it because it was not only crew from portal.
  • Options

I do agree there. Even in my 41/50 fleet, only about 15 active/25 semi-active, I know there are a couple of the Vedala Elder around. I have one and I think two others got one.
    The real issue is them appearing in the Vault, and the possible trait pool, eight or more days before they are available. The Tuesday pack golds are another issue. I would think most fleets have a completest, like me, that go after the purples, at least. I'm only short three (not counting the new Rutherford) and several players have the Ensign Picard I lack. I'd have to ask, but some probably have Roy or Kov, my other two. I don't go after the gold, unless there is a useful purple or two in the pack.

What has been highlighted about fleet performance is that if you are in a full and active fleet, you can kill the Bosses relatively easily. However junior fleets or those that have semi-active players have a frustrating time. Developing bridge crew requires concerted efforts to get the supplies needed. I anticipate there will be many that can't progress due to lack of Kemocite or Bilitrium.

Perhaps there should be a tiered approach to rewards. Fleets < 10 player - < 25 players - < 40 Players - > 45 players, or some such thing.
    Admiral of the Inner Planets Alliance fleets
  • Options
    RookiebatmanRookiebatman ✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Yes, it is necessary. I prefer this then they would undo the fix.
    People were begging it because it was not only crew from portal.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they shouldn't do this too, I'm just saying it wouldn't be nearly as urgent if they hadn't been in a big hurry to seal up the workaround that didn't make this game mode much easier anyway (but did usually prevent it from being impossible), and which was a lot of fun for a lot of people. They had a mild problem that they turned into a major problem, by refusing to listen to the multitude of players who were telling them the ability to unlock nodes with multiple traits was not a problem at all.

(In case people are wondering why I'm so salty, I bet you'd be frustrated too if you basically said "this feature is the most fun part of the game mode for me, you should keep it," and they decided that getting rid of it as soon as possible was their very highest priority.)
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay Shan!!!!!!
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they shouldn't do this too, I'm just saying it wouldn't be nearly as urgent if they hadn't been in a big hurry to seal up the workaround that didn't make this game mode much easier anyway (but did usually prevent it from being impossible), and which was a lot of fun for a lot of people. They had a mild problem that they turned into a major problem, by refusing to listen to the multitude of players who were telling them the ability to unlock nodes with multiple traits was not a problem at all.

(In case people are wondering why I'm so salty, I bet you'd be frustrated too if you basically said "this feature is the most fun part of the game mode for me, you should keep it," and they decided that getting rid of it as soon as possible was their very highest priority.)

I can agree that it would have been better to first change it to only portal crew and then add the fix.

----

The only problem left is Biltrium, biltirum II (and others?)
    I would suggest the following:

Do the requirements in the Captain Bridge x 5
    Change rewards
    Brutal:
    50% = 1 Biltrium
    75% = 3 Biltirum
    100% = 10 Biltrium

Nightmare:
    50% = 2 Biltrium
    75% = 6 Biltrium
    100% = 10 biltrium

And the same with Biltrium II, make it possible you can earn something at 50% but make it more grinding.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »

Ya, this is what many captains are noticing. My conclusion is that WRG does not realize how weak the 3* ships and 3* crew and lower are. I would suggest an evasion 4 immediate damage 200% with no ship trigger be added. But, that still would not be of much help unless they gave that crew some decent passive skills.

FYI, I had to "buy" the finish on brutal. but at least its done now.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    WaldoMag wrote: »

FYI, I had to "buy" the finish on brutal. but at least its done now.

Congrats to all of you on finishing Brutal.

For me, the break I have been planning for awhile will be delayed a little more.
    I realize now that I want to finish the campaign, so it will occur during next week. I know I cannot finish 'Normal' with the 10 extra valor, so I will save for the future. I will collect it when my 3 accounts have 4 valor. So that when I come back and play that I start with the 14 valor on 3 accounts.

If it was not for the freezing and unfreezing crew , I would say that I liked the unlocking of combos. But, I have not had to really worry about crew not being in the portal yet. That fix, is necessary and I am glad WRG understands that.
  • Options
    ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    We made a concerted effort to complete ultra nightmare using some of the fleet's extra valor. Managed to get an early node, after a lot if trying, which needs Yridian. Nobody has Jaglom, so we've burned a lot of valor for no benefit. We also struggle as an international fleet to find a time that lets everyone use 8 valor naturally.

I enjoyed the feature at the start- was looking forward to grabbing Frantic McCoy eventually. As it's progressed, I'm less convinced it's made gameplay more enjoyable, but more frustrating instead.
  • Options
    Selene 7Selene 7 ✭✭✭✭
    I also really hope they'll revise the biltrium rewards, and soon. We're very close to reaching the "cap" of the captain's bridge. It's been fun working together on the fbb, but without achievable biltrium there will soon be no point in it anymore...
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arnie wrote: »
    We made a concerted effort to complete ultra nightmare using some of the fleet's extra valor. Managed to get an early node, after a lot if trying, which needs Yridian. Nobody has Jaglom, so we've burned a lot of valor for no benefit. We also struggle as an international fleet to find a time that lets everyone use 8 valor naturally.

I enjoyed the feature at the start- was looking forward to grabbing Frantic McCoy eventually. As it's progressed, I'm less convinced it's made gameplay more enjoyable, but more frustrating instead.

I've unlocked that node for you.
    Should this happen again please refer to my post above :)
    https://forum.wickedrealmgames.com/stt/discussion/comment/264244/#Comment_264244
  • Options
    ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    Arnie wrote: »

I've unlocked that node for you.
    Should this happen again please refer to my post above :)
    https://forum.wickedrealmgames.com/stt/discussion/comment/264244/#Comment_264244

Thank you!

Given the nature of the issue, it sometimes takes quite a long time to deduce there is a single crew holding us up... or confirm it for sure!
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi all.

We’ve had a lot of discussions this past few days regarding the fact that node unlocking can require crew not yet available via Crew Retrieval/Time Portal.

We understand the pain point it creates and we are working on a solution.
    The fix that is being worked on would ensure that traits used for node unlocking only are pulled from crew currently available via Crew Retrieval.

We’re currently hoping to release this change next week, with our weekly server release.

In the meantime should you encounter a node that is locked by a crew not yet available via Crew Retrieval, please submit a ticket (1 per fleet/per battle) to support.

As the subject line please use ‘FBB Manual Unlock’ and explain the situation in detail.
    This will ensure that those tickets will be more visible and handled more efficiently.

The team will do their best to handle these tickets as quickly as possible, but there is no guarantee that they all will get a reply in time, especially on the weekend.

Thank you for your patience and understanding while we continue to iterate on this feature.

Thank you Shan. I really appreciate all the effort the team has put in to this. They're clearly listening to our feedback and looking to fix things as quickly as possible.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

Even before nodes were unlockable if you got a new trait just released. This is the right fix and we should be thanking them for it not complaining about another fix just because you liked that bug.
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Thank you Shan. I really appreciate all the effort the team has put in to this. They're clearly listening to our feedback and looking to fix things as quickly as possible.

Who is this "our" you're speaking collectively for? They're certainly not listening to my feedback. Oh, did you mean the people saying the feature doesn't work at all unless they fix this thing? That's not listening to feedback, that's listening to bug reports.
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Even before nodes were unlockable if you got a new trait just released. This is the right fix and we should be thanking them for it not complaining about another fix just because you liked that bug.

We should be thanking them for simply making sure the game mode is not impossible? I'm sorry, I thought the objective of game development (and feedback) was to make the game mode fun. Guess I was mistaken.

Correction, that should read "thanking them for saying they will eventually make sure the game mode is not impossible." Even worse.