Home The Bridge
Options

FBB upcoming fix + Updates - 2022-07-22 - Edit 2022-07-28

Comments

• Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    No mention of who can start a fight or at least giving us a "recommended"

Very frustrating. Was working with my fleet to start a brutal this morning but then someone didn’t see fleet chat or my message of the day and started brutal early so we either had to hit brutal early or wait for the new brutal to end to coordinate attacks. We chose to wait but that means one of the big hitters will miss several hours while being at work.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    My feedback:

1) Lower the amount of nodes at the lower levels.
    2) Crew select to see freeze and combo view. Excellent.
    3) Combo unlock buff, is good. We can't beat brutal yet. We need more firepower. This will help us out.
    We only have average 20 participants.
    4) Looking forward to the additional rewards when unlocking nodes. This is much requested. Thank you for listening.
    5) Combo generation : exclusion of traits not accessible in the game. -> Very good.
    6) I somehow missed somewhere that we are getting several seasons. Awesome!
    7) I hope when we hit lvl 7, we are strong enough with 20 to kill brutal. The hit points might be a little too high?
    8) Can we view the rewards for the difficulties we have not yet unlocked?
    9) The possibility to win/earn boss battle timers to extend the 24h period.
    10) Release after each month some extra stuff to help the low/weak players to catch up?
    Or when you release season 2, make season 1 easier. If you are planning this? Then communicate.
    So people have something to look forward to which they don't have now.
  • Options
    Peets wrote: »
    4) Looking forward to the additional rewards when unlocking nodes. This is much requested. Thank you for listening.

Except, they clearly weren't listening, because that's not what people requested. What was actually "much requested" was to give the individual player who unlocked the node some extra bonus, to recoup the decrease in damage they did when using crew selected to match traits instead of do damage. (Examples of people asking for that, and not this thing they announced, here and here. Additional buffs are nice and all, but they're really just an extension of what unlocking nodes already does; help the fleet as a whole beat the boss. These rewards don't address the issue of individual players making a sacrifice that may very well affect their own rewards to get those nodes unlocked.

Don't thank them for listening to a request when the change they're making fundamentally misses the point of the request. I'll repeat what I said in the other thread. If this game meets an untimely demise because too many players get fed up over WRG not listening to their feedback (and prioritizing profit over player experience), they won't leave one server active for people who kissed up to them. We should hold them to a higher standard than "players had a specific request related to nodes, and WRG has announced a change that has something to do with nodes, so good enough" if we want this game to continue thriving.

WRG has explicitly stated that FBB in its current state is a beta test. The whole point of a beta test is to figure out how to make something the best it can be, not to make a slight change and then say it's good enough. I want it to be better than this, because I want people to keep playing this game. This is not at all what the players requested as a way to make the game better.
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭

Except, they clearly weren't listening, because that's not what people requested. What was actually "much requested" was to give the individual player who unlocked the node some extra bonus, to recoup the decrease in damage they did when using crew selected to match traits instead of do damage.

It's 23 pages, but I saw several posts that requested additional rewards when unlocking nodes.
    You might have missed it. See below and I stopped at page 4. So yes, this was requested.

But what you are mentioning do you mean this?
    Completing a combo will grant each fleet member with a same temporary buff to a ship stat, and this for the remainder of the boss battle. The effectiveness of the buff given will be rolled and will be random based on specific parameters.
    The possible buffs and effectiveness ranges are as follows (ranges may be changed based off of testing results):
    Increase Attack: 5% - 15%
    Increase Attack Speed: 5% - 15%
    Increase Crit Rating: 300 - 1000
    Increase Crit Bonus: 3000 - 10000
    Reduce damage taken from boss: 2% - 10%
    Reflect part of damage taken from the boss: 5% - 13%
    Reduce all cooldowns: 1 second
    a) a bonus for trying crew to unlock nodes, especially if that skill pair has not been tried for that combo before.
    Suggestions from my fleet:
    - The Captain who unlocks a node in the combo should get a percentage of the damage award from that combo.
    Same here. I unlocked a node in each of the first 3 chains of the Normal boss our fleet did and I got no bonus whatsoever. I ended up in nearly last place while some who weren't unlocking any nodes had millions. I wonder if my bonus was being applied to someone else?
      There should be a bonus of some sort for unlocking combos.
  • Options

It's 23 pages, but I saw several posts that requested additional rewards when unlocking nodes.
    You might have missed it.

Lol, one of us certainly missed something. These are just more examples of what I was saying the request was (rewards for the individual player who unlocked the nodes, not buffs for the whole fleet), which is not what the new change addresses. Thanks for finding more examples of the much-requested thing that WRG isn't making any effort to implement.
  • Options
    CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭

Except, they clearly weren't listening, because that's not what people requested. What was actually "much requested" was to give the individual player who unlocked the node some extra bonus, to recoup the decrease in damage they did when using crew selected to match traits instead of do damage.

You might have missed it. See below and I stopped at page 4. So yes, this was requested.

You are misunderstanding the point, which is that people requested individual rewards for the person who unlocks nodes, not fleet-wide bonuses whenever anyone unlocks a node. Three of the people you quote are clearly suggesting the former, but the foreshadowed change is the latter.
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022

Lol, one of us certainly missed something. These are just more examples of what I was saying the request was (rewards for the individual player who unlocked the nodes, not buffs for the whole fleet), which is not what the new change addresses. Thanks for finding more examples of the much-requested thing that WRG isn't making any effort to implement.
    Calhoun wrote: »
    You are misunderstanding the point, which is that people requested individual rewards for the person who unlocks nodes, not fleet-wide bonuses whenever anyone unlocks a node. Three of the people you quote are clearly suggesting the former, but the foreshadowed change is the latter.

From Shan post, I have marked it:
    (Added Calhoun, who has also missed it)

Further in the Future of Fleet Boss Battles

Although these will not be included in 9.1.0, we are planning them for a future update (Release date TBD):
    - Additional rewards for players unlocking node(s).
    - Combo generation : exclusion of traits not accessible in the game. This is something that we wanted to be able to include with 9.1.0 but due to the nature of the task, it will require more time to implement.
    - Making it easier to freeze crew that was assigned to fleet boss battles.
    - The ability to see all future Captains' Bridge level rewards.
    - Fleet Boss Battles Season 2 content (New Bridge, Boss, exclusive crew and ship rewards)
  • Options
    for a future update (Release date TBD)

We can thank them for listening when they actually do the thing people asked for, instead of offering vague assurances while putting their near-term focus on things people didn't even want (in some cases, things that make FBB harder for players).
  • Options
    Princess_UhuraPrincess_Uhura ✭✭✭✭

From Shan post, I have marked it:

Further in the Future of Fleet Boss Battles

Although these will not be included in 9.1.0, we are planning them for a future update (Release date TBD):
    - Additional rewards for players unlocking node(s).
    - Combo generation : exclusion of traits not accessible in the game. This is something that we wanted to be able to include with 9.1.0 but due to the nature of the task, it will require more time to implement.
    - Making it easier to freeze crew that was assigned to fleet boss battles.
    - The ability to see all future Captains' Bridge level rewards.
    - Fleet Boss Battles Season 2 content (New Bridge, Boss, exclusive crew and ship rewards)

Yes. And it says not included in next client.

Release fate TBD.

Just like the distress call that has been written but not programmed. Its been tbd for three years now.
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭

Release fate TBD.

Just like the distress call that has been written but not programmed. Its been tbd for three years now.
    Is this the ready room? No. Its a feedback thread for devs.

Players are here providing ffeedback and you are here to argue woth them.

Thats where the toxicity of these forums is eminating from. No one is posting here and saying “hey i have this feedback, butbi really need Princess_Uhura to come in and determine whether or not it should be relevant for the devs to consider” thats where your self entitlement comes in.

So again, there is no need for you to try to hijack a FEEDBACK THREAD and to argue with people who are doing EXACTLY WHAT SHAN ASKED.
  • Options

Release fate TBD.

Thats where the toxicity of these forums is eminating from. No one is posting here and saying “hey i have this feedback, butbi really need Princess_Uhura to come in and determine whether or not it should be relevant for the devs to consider” thats where your self entitlement comes in.

So again, there is no need for you to try to hijack a FEEDBACK THREAD and to argue with people who are doing EXACTLY WHAT SHAN ASKED.

It would be preferable if you didnt edit my quotes.

Regardless, since this needs to be spelled out to you, i already said they paid LIP SERVICE to some of what the players asked for.

You are trying to argue that since they said they want to do sometijng about it, we have nothing to complain about.

I simply pointed out why yourlogic is extremely flawed. You can definitely be happy that they said they want to fix it.

But i dont have to be.
  • Options
    RookiebatmanRookiebatman ✭✭✭
    edited July 2022

Release fate TBD.

Hey listen bud, when you say "Thank you for listening," you weren't thanking them for listening to feedback that came from you yourself (or else you would've just quoted your own comment instead of four other people's). You were thanking them for listening to the player community as a whole, making a broad statement about whether the player community as a whole was being listened to or not. Which means, the player community has a right to argue with you about whether they were actually listening or not.

Notice how I didn't say a single word about the rest of your ten points, even though there were other things I could've taken issue with. I didn't, because most of your comment was feedback. "Thank you for listening," conversely, seems an awful lot like a direct follow-up to this commment. If you don't want people bringing an argument into your attempt at feedback, don't reference an argument from another thread. And don't lecture other people about hijacking a thread after you're the one who starts that.
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    Notice how I didn't say a single word about the rest of your ten points, even though there were other things I could've taken issue with. I didn't, because most of your comment was feedback. "Thank you for listening," conversely, seems an awful lot like a direct follow-up to this commment. If you don't want people bringing an argument into your attempt at feedback, don't reference an argument from another thread. And don't lecture other people about hijacking a thread after you're the one who starts that.

I don't mind. I love a good discussion. That is what a forum is for.
    I mind if someone ask to someone not do something and then do it themselves.
  • Options
    I don't mind. I love a good discussion. That is what a forum is for.
    I mind if someone ask to someone not do something and then do it themselves.

I mean, all they really did was make some statements of fact (that the change you were focusing on was release date TBD, just like another announced update that's been untouched for years). How is that not "good discussion"? How is that what they were asking other people not to do? In the other thread, Princess_Uhura was responding to someone who explicitly said "not all feedback is useful." When did Princess_Uhura ever say anything like that?

It kinda seems like you were looking for an opening to accuse them of hypocrisy, and they didn't give you a very good one.
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Yesterday I was playing, and I had a nodes with three traits, one shown and two hidden.

No nodes had been cleared in the combo.

I selected several crew with different matching traits and attempted to clear several nodes in one go. I cleared two of them.

One of the nodes I cleared had the traits Physician, Hero, Human.
    One of my crew had Physician and Human (It was a Bashir).
    Another crew had the Hero trait.

Between them they cleared the node.

@Shan

Is this intended behaviour?
    Is it a bug that happens sometimes?
    Is is likely to stay in the Fleet Battles?, i.e. can we aim to use multiple crew to match different traits on the same node?

It is intended, it was covered in the FAQ :)
    Shan wrote:
    As part of these efforts we’ve identified that the logic behind unlocking a node is not working as it should.

How it’s currently working:

- a node can be unlocked by using multiple crew who each have one of the required traits to unlock the node.

How it should be working:

- a node can only be unlocked by using 1 crew having the correct set of required traits.

We plan to roll out a fix for this as early as next week, with our server release.
    While this feature is in beta we understand that issues like these are never a pleasant experience.

Whoops.
  • Options
    Yep, I breathed a big sigh of relief when I saw that first comment, because this was the most fun part of FBB for me. And now they're taking it away, after initially saying it was there by design. Good times.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Yesterday I was playing, and I had a nodes with three traits, one shown and two hidden.

No nodes had been cleared in the combo.

I selected several crew with different matching traits and attempted to clear several nodes in one go. I cleared two of them.

One of the nodes I cleared had the traits Physician, Hero, Human.
    One of my crew had Physician and Human (It was a Bashir).
    Another crew had the Hero trait.

Between them they cleared the node.

@Shan

Is this intended behaviour?
    Is it a bug that happens sometimes?
    Is is likely to stay in the Fleet Battles?, i.e. can we aim to use multiple crew to match different traits on the same node?

It is intended, it was covered in the FAQ :)
    Shan wrote:
    As part of these efforts we’ve identified that the logic behind unlocking a node is not working as it should.

How it’s currently working:

- a node can be unlocked by using multiple crew who each have one of the required traits to unlock the node.

How it should be working:

- a node can only be unlocked by using 1 crew having the correct set of required traits.

We plan to roll out a fix for this as early as next week, with our server release.
    While this feature is in beta we understand that issues like these are never a pleasant experience.

Whoops.
    Plus, there was the following exchange on the Timelines Talks Discord server (player's name redacted to protect the innocent):

rahqigepd683.jpeg

cswwwp4pbrf1.jpeg

"In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    One crew unlocking two nodes isn't the same thing as two crew unlocking one node. If, using a general example, there was one node with "Federation / Exobiology" and another node with "Vulcan / Human," the thing WRGBen was talking about in your screenshot means Spock could unlock both of those nodes (because he has all four traits). The thing Shan was talking about in the quoted comment means Arne Darvin (Exobiology / Human) and Sarek (Federation / Vulcan) could unlock both of those nodes (because they have all four traits between the two of them, even though neither has an exact match for one node).

The latter is what's being "fixed" in the next update, which will inevitably make it harder and less creative for players to unlock nodes. I don't think that means the former will also be disabled.
  • Options
    One crew unlocking two nodes isn't the same thing as two crew unlocking one node. If, using a general example, there was one node with "Federation / Exobiology" and another node with "Vulcan / Human," the thing WRGBen was talking about in your screenshot means Spock could unlock both of those nodes (because he has all four traits). The thing Shan was talking about in the quoted comment means Arne Darvin (Exobiology / Human) and Sarek (Federation / Vulcan) could unlock both of those nodes (because they have all four traits between the two of them, even though neither has an exact match for one node).

The latter is what's being "fixed" in the next update, which will inevitably make it harder and less creative for players to unlock nodes. I don't think that means the former will also be disabled.

It may also make it impossible to unlock some nodes. Is wrg sure that there are not any mistakes and that there will not be three traits together that no crew usable for that FBB will be able to hit it? Because if there is expect a lot of angry players on forum.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    It may also make it impossible to unlock some nodes. Is wrg sure that there are not any mistakes and that there will not be three traits together that no crew usable for that FBB will be able to hit it? Because if there is expect a lot of angry players on forum.

Obviously, I don't have any inside info, but I'm guessing how it works is that the game picks a crew first, and then picks two or three traits that crew has. I think we probably would've already gotten dozens of "no crew in the game match these traits" reports if it didn't work that way.
  • Options
    CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope, I saw it - again, the point is that the only change which is specified is quite different to what was suggested. Whether more apt individual rewards come in future remains to be seen, but at this point the priorities are odd.

It's particularly strange as it seems that bonuses can readily be applied on an individual level - given that an individual can apparently re-roll their bonus so that they get one which is different to the fleet bonus. Why not just make the bonus individual in the first place?

The other question is whether the boss difficulty will be adjusted to account for the bonuses.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭

Oops, I misunderstood, so that mistake is mine. Thanks for clarifying that for me. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Here is a more productive suggestion. If you participate in unlocking a chain you should get a random drop with roughly the following chance:
    64% 150 merits
    30% 1 valor
    3% kemocite
    2% borocite 1
    1% borocite 2

This way players participating earn some of their merits back. They also get extra valor to make up for reduced damage. And lastly, it provides a way for small fleets to slowly build resources to upgrade the bridge without needing to beat the highest level bosses.

This would be fantastic
  • Options
    edited July 2022

Obviously, I don't have any inside info, but I'm guessing how it works is that the game picks a crew first, and then picks two or three traits that crew has. I think we probably would've already gotten dozens of "no crew in the game match these traits" reports if it didn't work that way.

They haven’t changed it yet though. I do know something very frustrating, they keep having the crew being six pack crew not in portal. One the other day needed keyla terrana and the one tonight needs shroomies. Only one player in fleet had Keyla and it had to be her because the trait was Tandaran. WRG needs to only have portal crew in FBB.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    Nope, I saw it - again, the point is that the only change which is specified is quite different to what was suggested. Whether more apt individual rewards come in future remains to be seen, but at this point the priorities are odd.

It's particularly strange as it seems that bonuses can readily be applied on an individual level - given that an individual can apparently re-roll their bonus so that they get one which is different to the fleet bonus. Why not just make the bonus individual in the first place?

The other question is whether the boss difficulty will be adjusted to account for the bonuses.

Yeah, I agree that it would have been better to make the bonus individual in the first place.
    But at least it is on their to do list.

---

Suggestion:

When you don't defeat the boss, you receive a wide fleet bonus on that level to make the next run easier.
  • Options
    They haven’t changed it yet though.

True, but based on what I've seen in the main FBB Feedback thread, it appears that there were a decent number of fleets playing as if you needed a single crew matching every trait on their own. There was even this confusing comment, where someone acknowledged that using multiple crew was an option, but still acted like it was impossible to unlock the node without the one crew card that unlocked two of the three traits.

If there had been nodes that needed to be unlocked by a combination of traits that no single crew matched, I expect there would've been some crew that figured out you could unlock them with multiple crew, and others that would've just reported it as something that made it impossible to clear the node, without trying multiple crew first. I've never seen any comments like that, nor any nodes in my own fleet that were solved with a combination of traits no single crew in the game had.
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    The changes to the way nodes work (less possible crew & more bonuses for everyone but nothing for the person who unlocks them) aren't fixes.

They actually make the problem worse for those who take the time and resources to unlock them, as they will spend even more resources and get even less out of it, with battles ending earlier.

Yes. Players will be less likely to unlock the first nodes, as they will be waiting for other players, so they can then jump in and claim the bonus.
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    The changes to the way nodes work (less possible crew & more bonuses for everyone but nothing for the person who unlocks them) aren't fixes.

They actually make the problem worse for those who take the time and resources to unlock them, as they will spend even more resources and get even less out of it, with battles ending earlier.

Yes. Players will be less likely to unlock the first nodes, as they will be waiting for other players, so they can then jump in and claim the bonus.

Isn't everyone getting the bonus?