Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Heavy Lies The Crown - 12/07

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭

Ezri only got the Dax symbiont in regular universe by accident. Jadzia was killed young by Dukat when she just happened to be in the bajoran temple on ds9. Then Ezri was on the ship transporting Dax symbiont to trill when the symbiont got sick and had to be implanted. That is a lot of chance and happenstance for it to be duplicated in mirror universe.

There's already a huge amount of chance involved in Jadzia receiving Dax. He's had multiple hosts already and she wasn't supposed to be a host anyway. Most of the Mirror Universe makes absolutely no sense whatsoever
    Agreed. The longer the two universes existed the more they would be different. I never thought it made sense that the same people were in leadership in both universes in DS9. Many of the DS9 people may never have even been born.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭

There's already a huge amount of chance involved in Jadzia receiving Dax. He's had multiple hosts already and she wasn't supposed to be a host anyway. Most of the Mirror Universe makes absolutely no sense whatsoever
    Agreed. The longer the two universes existed the more they would be different. I never thought it made sense that the same people were in leadership in both universes in DS9. Many of the DS9 people may never have even been born.

According to the many worlds theory of QM, there are an infinite number of universe branches (of which we are one), so everything happens somewhere. Pick your scenario and run with it. ;)
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭

According to the many worlds theory of QM, there are an infinite number of universe branches (of which we are one), so everything happens somewhere. Pick your scenario and run with it. ;)

Exactly. What makes the mirror universe so facinating is not that it's a divergent timeline, there are many of those in Trek. It's interesting because despite being a divergent timeline it continues to echo the prime timeline with the same people not only existing but assosiating with each other.
  • Options
    I always think the Mirror episodes must have been such terrific fun for the writers.
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mordack wrote: »
    I always think the Mirror episodes must have been such terrific fun for the writers.
    I always thought the actors looked like they were enjoying it too!
  • Options
    Ok hoping for one week having a Mirror Guinen
  • Options
    LilBangers wrote: »
    Ok hoping for one week having a Mirror Guinen
    She is in the comic
    Sincerely,

Lilac Erosion

7TH Tactical Wing

Maybe the irony is that we play because we’re Star Trek fans, those hopeful idealists that like to think things will get better when we raise valid concerns about fairness and balance, etc and we forget that DB’s greed openly mocks the values espoused by the franchise they have a license
    -Lord Wizzlestix IT
  • Options
    I haven't whinged enough in the new forum to actually be able to post a topic so hopefully this isn't lost.

Wondering whether anyone could advise where the current thresholds lay in terms of VP?
    Looking at:

Thanks!
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alpharius wrote: »
    I haven't whinged enough in the new forum to actually be able to post a topic so hopefully this isn't lost.

Wondering whether anyone could advise where the current thresholds lay in terms of VP?
    Looking at:

Thanks!

I'll start a new thread for you so it won't get lost.