Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Heavy Lies The Crown - 12/07

Comments

• edited December 2017
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Regarding the artwork — I really don't think the artists are to blame here. Not overall, anyway. I agree there's something wonky with Reed, but I think Jadzia is at least fairly well-represented within the confines of the style of art they are using now. I think that it's most likely a mandate from the department heads to not spend so much time on the art, and instead use broad strokes and not nearly as much detail.

I suspect their reasoning may fall along the lines of, "Oh, almost everybody plays this game on a tiny screen, so they're not going to notice those details anyway. No point in going that extra mile for something that won't even be seen."

Someone playing on a small screen may not notice the differences. But DB, device screens are getting larger all the time. And I've always played on a tablet, where I can easily tell the difference between the quick-and-dirty style of current artwork compared with much of the earlier artwork. Not to mention that with the introduction of the game to Steam, artwork quality is going to be more important than ever, with people playing on a monitor. (Also, even for those people who are unable to see the details while actually playing the game, when they see the larger-sized artwork on the forums, on FB, and on Twitter, just knowing that the artwork quality is inferior can be enough to sour their game play experience by itself.)

To the company executives: This is one of the big selling points of the game. I don't understand how it could be seen as an insignificant thing. More attention needs to be paid to making detailed and more lifelike artwork of the characters. Current players are already feeling disenchanted with it — imagine the diminished effect on a potential new player, who would likely be a lot more interested in playing and spending money on STT if they thought, "Wow, that artwork is amazing!" Nobody is calling the recent artwork "amazing", alas. (At least not in a good way.) This is, at its heart, a game in which we collect characters... and when those characters look substandard, we have far less desire to collect them... and even to continue to play the game. Please take a long, hard look at this policy (as I assume it's a "policy" now). We're not asking for something that you haven't given us in the past; we just want a return to the detailed quality of the earlier characters. Thank you!

This is absolutely spot on. I can also attest to the fact that players slowly move to other devices - me and other friends are doing it, because being able to boot the game on steam and enjoy it on a larger screen definitely adds a lot to it. However, if you think steam'as version is ok, you would be sorely mistaken. DB has done next to nothing to fix the ship graphical issues - here's a few examples from my steam screenshot gallery:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1082700013
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1082691863

80% of the ships that don't look glossed out (which is 90% of the federation ships!) have a weird bluish tint around them (Prakesh, Voyager, Defiant, etc.), and only the greenish ones (warbird, cube, etc.) look decent. While I understand the good old saying that "they can only do so much", and while I support them for really trying their best to keep us entertained and carry on giving a good influx of cool crew members to make things more fun, they need to sort themselves out, and quickly. I know it is not easy to take executive decisions - I speak from experience. However, all I can say is that this mobile game is driven by true star trek fans who have enjoyed the Star Trek content for decades. Disappointing them repeatedly and/or over a long period of time will have bad consequences on the DB paycheck. I hope they understand that.

And yes... please fix Reed's nose, for Heaven's sake! I realize the man was reliable, loyal, ready to sacrifice himself, as well a bit of a weirdo in Enterprise, but he did absolutely nothing to deserve this!
  • SiblinSiblin ✭✭✭
    And yes... please fix Reed's nose, for Heaven's sake! I realize the man was reliable, loyal, ready to sacrifice himself, as well a bit of a weirdo in Enterprise, but he did absolutely nothing to deserve this!

haha!

As a brit, i'd say he propagated a negative stereotype of us brits as fussy and stuck up. He deserves everything he gets! ;)

• They've surely got to do something about Reed though, right? It doesn't look anything like him. :disappointed:
  • Maybe the actor didn't give them the rights to his portrait so they used a picture that in no way resembles him.

If they do have the rights to the picture of the actor we should grab his agent's contact details off IMDB and show them how he's being portrayed. Surely he'd complain, I know I would!
    ~|~|~ Rise of the Phoenix member ~|~|~

Captain level 50, approaching 100 immortals

All you need to know about Disruptor Beam
  • zbcmA0m.jpg

zbcmA0m.jpg

Haha!

But even a changeling managed to get the proportion somewhere near right.

• SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    does this make it better?

5n32yawtvyiq.jpg
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • does this make it better?

5n32yawtvyiq.jpg

Needs some reindeer ears

• does this make it better?

5n32yawtvyiq.jpg

That's so Chrismas-y... Oh wait... It almost is Christmas!
    In the immortal words of Spock: "Live long and prosper"
  • [RotP] Scoustar[RotP] Scoustar ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    kwllvpnidq4f.jpg

The ears were a little too big, but there we go, Festive Reed!

And for a laugh I spent 3 minutes performing minor nasal surgery...

a68wvqkh2nnt.jpg

• His hair line is too low, the area near his nose is extrovert when it should be more introverted..

He's just.. wrong.
    Like it's his 3rd cousin..
    Ya see the resemblance but just Ain't right
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Event Notes have been posted, I do not yet have the 1/x stats - I will post them as soon as I am able.
  • Quite disappointing that Mirror Jadzia is the ranked reward vs. the "drops like rain from voyages" Mirror Sato...
    [GoT] Drunk Shimoda
    GoT Chief Communications Officer
  • Quite disappointing that Mirror Jadzia is the ranked reward vs. the "drops like rain from voyages" Mirror Sato...

Maybe for you, I've only ever seen her once. And I threw her out the airlock cause I'm dumb as a bag of rocks. I see FD Wesley every few days instead :lol:

• Well, if I were DB, in all fairness, I would have done the same to "encourage more people to participate", because everyone likes Jadzia :) Well, I know for a fact that I will be boycotting the event and stop at 25k just to grab Mirror Picard. it is what it is - not to mention that I have a flight to catch :)
  • Well, if I were DB, in all fairness, I would have done the same to "encourage more people to participate", because everyone likes Jadzia :) Well, I know for a fact that I will be boycotting the event and stop at 25k just to grab Mirror Picard. it is what it is - not to mention that I have a flight to catch :)

If enough people don't want Mirror Sato, it might be easier to get into the Top 3000. Which I've never been able to do before. But in every Galaxy Event, I complete all thresholds and the best I've ever gotten is like 6300.

Even if I wanted to, I don't think I have the chrons to get lucky if people skip the event.
  • So Picard’s stats are now available to see, at least to begin with, and I have to say I’m incredibly disappointed. Yay, a mega-event! But once again we get a recurring gold whose primary stat is Command. Even though Picard, even mirror Picard and yes I know this because I’ve actually read the comics this character is based on, is really good at DIPLOMACY. I’m not saying he’s bad at Command, I’d say he’s quite good at it, but come on, you could at least have changed it up this time so we’d have a little variance. Instead, we get another Command and Security guy with an itty bit of Science thrown in. I still want the Picard, but I’m now no longer very excited about the prospect of this month’s events, and will likely just be playing lip service enough to get some cool stuff and no more. More prizes and such for the rest of you, though I’m sure I’m not the only one that feels like this. I really hope that DB will consider exactly how they put their characters together in a more thorough and thoughtful manner in the future. They could avoid a lot of fan boys like myself ranting on the forums if they’d just, well, not to put too fine a point on it, do better. So, DB, do better, please.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • I'm fine with Picard's stats. What were they going to do? Make him a Security/Command/Science? Someone would still complain. At least he's got three stats this time and some fun traits.
    They say time is the fire in which we burn.
  • I'm fine with Picard's stats. What were they going to do? Make him a Security/Command/Science? Someone would still complain. At least he's got three stats this time and some fun traits.

My only real problem with him is, as I stated above and I think someone else mentioned it before me, that he has no Diplomacy.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay, a 3rd Klingon in a row for mega event crew. So exciting. I love this useful variety.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do we have 1/5 stats for Reed anywhere?

Thanks.
  • Shan said she'll provide the stats when she gets them.
  • I was rather hoping Jadzia would be the solo reward.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update:
    We are aware that the points needed for the Community Rewards are incorrect, there is a thread in Engineering Room for this - it will get fixed.

The 1/x stats will have to wait for now, as I am short on time but I will try to get them for you.
  • Man I should be excited about these events but then I buy the $100 package and get 1 Reed, 5 Dax, and 3 Sato (already FF) along with three additional "super rare" beholds and I just feel disappointed. Most of my pulls I already have frozen so I got 10K honor and of the 3 beholds I got I only needed one. Unless things change I think my days are numbered here which would be disappointing because I really like this game.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Update:
    We are aware that the points needed for the Community Rewards are incorrect, there is a thread in Engineering Room for this - it will get fixed.

The 1/x stats will have to wait for now, as I am short on time but I will try to get them for you.

Thanx for always being good about updating us!!!!!!

Scott

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • ·§ë· For the Many·§ë· For the Many ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Yay, a 3rd Klingon in a row for mega event crew. So exciting. I love this useful variety.

848hfmue6o3s.jpg
  • Hope_FHope_F ✭✭✭
    Can someone explain to me why every Mega-Event legendary is a copy of another Mega-Event legendary?

Good thing is, he is somewhat useful in Gauntlet and quite useful for shuttles and voyages. Bad thing, he is as uninspired in terms of diversity as almost everything introduced in the past.

Not as disappointing as expected, but still not thrilled.
  • ThessairThessair ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    1* Reed is: Command 57 +(17-34) and Security 68 +(22-46). I was trying for Dax and popped Reed on the first pack. Then two Satos (already FF) and finally Dax. There was a nice behold in a Sato pull for a Grand Nagus Zek so I can't complain.