Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Heavy Lies The Crown - 12/07

Comments

• Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clanof wrote: »
    Combs event would be awesome.

Yes we need a Combs event and we need a pet event with Porthos, Spot and any other pet be it Picard's lionfish, The Doctor's holographic fish, a Targ, or Spock's Tehlat, Chaya. vj0pfhg9zwoa.jpg

Trying to imagine the fishes Ship Ability. (frown)
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Picard's lionfish

Patrick Stewart hated that fish and tried to have it removed. He didn't think it was appropriate that humans in the 24th century, who evidently valued other species, would keep a caged animal.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    And....Galaxy. What happened to Expedition? Or something new? Do people spend more in Galaxy? Is that it?

I don't like Faction Events, but I do not complain that we do them.

Just saying.....

Scott

EDIT TO ADD: We are literally doing a Faction Event RIGHT NOW
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dralix wrote: »
    Picard's lionfish

Patrick Stewart hated that fish and tried to have it removed. He didn't think it was appropriate that humans in the 24th century, who evidently valued other species, would keep a caged animal.

Unfortunately we only have Ronny Cox's word on that. I cannot find any place where Patrick Stewart made the statement in any recorded fashion.
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    Unfortunately we only have Ronny Cox's word on that. I cannot find any place where Patrick Stewart made the statement in any recorded fashion.

You're right, I did the same searching before I posted this. I should have said "Apparently ..."
  • Options
    I've seen the list of toons that are gonna be in this event, but will we be able to use any of the mirrored toons?
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    anyone hear anything about episode 8???

Off-topic, but back in June 2017, Shan replied to this question on the Steam platform & said that Episode 8 was not available yet. At the time, this was the description there:

“The Killing Syndrome

With approval (or disapproval) from the Xindi, allowed the Dominion to be hunted to near-extinction, or ended the Hirogen hunt.”

That’s all I got.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Will all Mirror characters count as bonus crew, regardless of whether or not they are featured in the event?
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will all Mirror characters count as bonus crew, regardless of whether or not they are featured in the event?

We will know on Tuesday
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    anyone hear anything about episode 8???

Off-topic, but back in June 2017, Shan replied to this question on the Steam platform & said that Episode 8 was not available yet. At the time, this was the description there:

“The Killing Syndrome

With approval (or disapproval) from the Xindi, allowed the Dominion to be hunted to near-extinction, or ended the Hirogen hunt.”

That’s all I got.
    Oh THAT episode 8. Sorry, there's another one of those floating around somewhere recently.
  • Options
    For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    So just going to throw this out here...only one of these crew has a 3* (smexy-arms Reed). There is a 3* Dax, but it's not Jadzia.

I would think then, that this is a perfect opportunity for a 3* Hoshi.

So please, let the 3* be Hoshi.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Options
    So just going to throw this out here...only one of these crew has a 3* (smexy-arms Reed). There is a 3* Dax, but it's not Jadzia.

It would be great to see a new 3* character.
  • Options
    Mordack wrote: »

It would be great. But, do they offer a new 3* very often as the 3* Reward? They re-used Janeway this Event, IIRC.

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Options
    Maybe they ignore new 3* because of the Cadet Challenges being covered already? I dunno, the new 2* Jadzia might obviate the Cadets argument.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭

It would be great. But, do they offer a new 3* very often as the 3* Reward? They re-used Janeway this Event, IIRC.
    I think the only one so far was Talos IV Spock, and that was several months ago now.
  • Options
    Maybe they ignore new 3* because of the Cadet Challenges being covered already? I dunno, the new 2* Jadzia might obviate the Cadets argument.

Jadzia, Saru, and Gaia Odo all are great for the Cadets. Like they were made for it.

I think that the 3* seems to be less often made now than 2* is.

Scott

• Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a Reed, so they will use Reed. The only question is what happens when there are no 3*, like last week.
  • Options
    @shan When can we expect confirmation on bonuses for week / event?

Shut up Punk Wesley
    aclmn70ks553.png
  • Options

Shut up Punk Wesley
    aclmn70ks553.png

Tuesday after 12 PM ET USA, as has been the case for the past few weeks.
  • Options
    Magisse wrote: »

I think the only one so far was Talos IV Spock, and that was several months ago now.

Talos IV Spock was most recent, but Jazz Musician Riker was also introduced as an event reward (and to this day remains infamously sparse in-game). I'm not entirely sure if there were others rolled out this way---if so, they've all been in the regular loot table long enough that it wouldn't matter by now.
    First Officer - Task Force April
    Squadron Leader - [TFA] Bateson’s Bulldogs
  • Options
    SiblinSiblin ✭✭✭

Shut up Punk Wesley
    aclmn70ks553.png

There’s no way Wesley could have overpowered Bruce Willis..
  • Options
    Tuesday after 12 PM ET USA, as has been the case for the past few weeks.

Thanks, I've been out of touch for last 5 weeks. Knew they made changes to announcements, but thought that was just during the "Discovery" event.

• Options

They keep that info from us until Tuesday. The new policy.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Shan. Appreciate the early info.
  • Options
    Thanks Shan!
  • Options
    Thanks very much Shan that's a massive help. Really appreciate that! Give my regards to the crew. Looking forward very much to this mega event.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Shan!

....why that Odo though? :/
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    das411 wrote: »
    ....why that Odo though? :/

That particular Odo counts as a Dax variant.