Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Heavy Lies The Crown - 12/07

Comments

• Options
    das411 wrote: »
    Thanks Shan!

....why that Odo though? :/

In the episode that Odo is in, Dax has a Trill ritual that separates the memories of the host and puts them in other people for a short time. Odo housed Curzon Dax.
    Proud Member of Everlong and avid Star Trek Fan

• Options
    Why doesn't anyone have sleeves in the mirror universe?

Mirror Gronk

08dk9dqzo654.jpg
  • Options
    Ok. I was really excited about this mega event. Then I saw the artwork for Dax and Reed. Picard looks great but wth happened to Dax and Reed?! Look at Sato and compare the artwork, it's night and day! Come on, DB. This is horse manure quality. Really disappointed.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deli wrote: »
    Ok. I was really excited about this mega event. Then I saw the artwork for Dax and Reed. Picard looks great but wth happened to Dax and Reed?! Look at Sato and compare the artwork, it's night and day! Come on, DB. This is horse manure quality. Really disappointed.

I have to agree with you. Reed looks like a child drew it

• Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Shan!

It's Odo with the memories of Kurzon Dax merged.

• Options
    TaskerTasker ✭✭✭
    Just read the comics.

Now I want Mirror Data too.

And ISS Enterprise 1701-D is the one from All Good Things.

The writing's not the strongest I've ever seen but the visuals are pretty decent.
  • Options
    That proboscis... It is so hard to unsee that.... <honk!>

0itexq0ek6dz.png

In the immortal words of Spock: "Live long and prosper"
  • Options
    at least is picard and not Tkuvma and need other then leadership for skill because all other borg queen and kotar have alot of leadership,i wish something like diplomaty,and science or engineering,but probably be leadership,diplomaty and security but when i see the image from the comic book i like more idea of if u create it Data Mirror is going to be scarry one but i going to like this mega-event any way
    thank you Disruptor Beam
    94 Legendary, 4x 5/5 , 8,x 4/5 , 2x 3/5 , 11x 2/5 , 68x 1/5 ,
    78 FE ,78 Lvl 100,
    Immortalized: 190
    Vip:12 Lvl :64
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

+100 I was excited too.

If the art was like this for most new crew when I first started playing, I wouldn't have started playing to find out that I like the game.

Hoshi is clear, lifelike and full; Jadzia is flat and blocky. There is subjective, and then there is this.
    The older art isn't masterpiece, but it's very good - nice shading and details which make me feel more immersed in Trek.

@Shan this:
    zdbwa2cnyg68.png
    is frustrating for some Trek fans who enjoy and support the game and want it to live up to its potential, but are distracted by declining card art quality. Please send feedback?

Here is my feedback. I planned on sitting this one out and spending the $50 to get Reed and if I got at least one Dax I could citation the other stars. Now I plan on sitting out yet keeping my money. And this is a guy who thinks Enterprise Was Best! I was stoked about Mirror Reed. Let’s just say the artwork had the same effect as George Costanza being in the pool.

• Options
    NivenFres wrote: »

It isn't exactly fake. That Picard is from a currently being published IDW comic called Mirror Broken.

292?cb=20171128215618&path-prefix=en

[edit]
    Now non-canon might be more appropriate term, but DB didn't just invent the character.
    That, sir, is one of the ugliest drawings I´ve ever seen from Star Trek. Including Fan made pics. Damn it. It even would be kinda ok if not for those EXTREME muscles on EVERYONES arms.

• Options
    At first glance, I thought Mirror Reed was Daniel Craig.
  • Options
    TcalTcal ✭✭✭

+100 I was excited too.

If the art was like this for most new crew when I first started playing, I wouldn't have started playing to find out that I like the game.

Hoshi is clear, lifelike and full; Jadzia is flat and blocky. There is subjective, and then there is this.
    The older art isn't masterpiece, but it's very good - nice shading and details which make me feel more immersed in Trek.

@Shan this:
    zdbwa2cnyg68.png
    is frustrating for some Trek fans who enjoy and support the game and want it to live up to its potential, but are distracted by declining card art quality. Please send feedback?

THIS, so much this!
    This is exactly my problem with the game as of late, even more so than ongoing issues (which I will give DB credit for trying to improve). The fantastic art is what drew me into this game a long time ago. If I were to start out just now, I am not sure I could still say the same.
  • Options
    TcalTcal ✭✭✭
    NivenFres wrote: »
    Please stop releasing Fake Crew !

Especially a fake Picard is more than disappointing.

They werent Mirror Universe Episodes at TNG .

Btw doing pre TOS ship's (archer's boat and discovery ships) stronger than enterprise D, voyager and defiant is weird too .

It isn't exactly fake. That Picard is from a currently being published IDW comic called Mirror Broken.

292?cb=20171128215618&path-prefix=en

[edit]
    Now non-canon might be more appropriate term, but DB didn't just invent the character.

4zc3d32hrd7y.jpg
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    zdbwa2cnyg68.png
    Jadzias artwork is pretty blocky and poorly rendered. Not as bad as Blood Oath Dax, but rather poor non the less. Lets hope this was just a preview and the actual artwork will be better rendered in game.

Jim

DB: Do Better
  • Options
    Thanks Shan!

It's half Curzon - so it's technically a Dax!
  • Options
    Knight RangerKnight Ranger ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    UnkieB wrote: »
    rj8kwbsapfbk.jpg

I see Klingon O'Brien has a rival for worst recently released artwork. Picard is decent, Jadzia is... average for the last few months output, though still looks not completely finished. Reed though, yeesh. At first glance I was wondering if he was starting to protomorphosise.
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Making a small exception today:

Bonus crew:
    • high bonus: event crew
    • small bonus: variants of Reed, variants of Dax, variants of Sato, Zhian'tara Odo and all Mirror crew. Picard variants will NOT provide a bonus

Thanx for the update, Shan.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Options
    SiblinSiblin ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    I feel bad for whoever the artist is who keeps releasing these - must occasionally flick onto the forums and think "aww i tried really hard on Mirror Reed!.. i thought my results were really good!..."

wwk9oaqc6h2h.jpg

edit: sorry i realise there is far too much detail in my version ;)
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will pass along the feedback and concerns regarding art quality, thank you!

Thank you so much!!!!!!

Scott

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Options

Thanks Shan!
    Proud member of eXodus
    Join the eXo|plosion today!
  • Options

Thank you Shan! We appreciate it.
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too bad Mike Gardener can't do all the art.

https://www.artstation.com/mikegardner

• Options
    Too bad Mike Gardener can't do all the art.

Agreed. Don't think I've seen a duff one from him yet.
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
  • Options
    ClanofClanof ✭✭✭
    Siblin wrote: »
    I feel bad for whoever the artist is who keeps releasing these - must occasionally flick onto the forums and think "aww i tried really hard on Mirror Reed!.. i thought my results were really good!..."

I was thinking the same thing, I feel kind of bad for the artist. But really when you put Empress Sato and Mirror Jadzia together like that.. come on. Even the artist would have to concede they just don't have the skill level that the old artist had.
  • Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course, how could i forget Curzon Odo, thanks everybody!!

...that does make me wonder though, will we ever get that guy who stole the symbiont?

latest?cb=20050924233547&path-prefix=en

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Verad_Dax
  • Options
    Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    I would prefer Joran Dax:
    latest?cb=20050913100652&path-prefix=en

Or Joran Sisko:
    facets10.jpg?resize=475%2C364&type=vertical