Home Engineering Room
Options

Ad-warps Issues (for mobile only - ads are not available on Facebook, Steam, Amazon)

Comments

• Options
    AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the second time in the past day that I've gotten this ad and it's one of those stupid mini game ones but this one forces you to play for the credit (so far as I can tell). I refuse to play any of the mini game ads so I'm not actually sure.

This is for Genies & Gems. I wait the 30 seconds or so and then click the X that shows up but it gives me a warning saying "completion is required to receive your reward. Are you sure you want to skip?". Saying Yes kicks me back to the warp screen and I can run another ad.

Shan, could we have a sticky to report ads that cause problems so we don't need to hijack another thread or create a new one each time?
  • Options
    AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    And now I just got another issues. The Wish ap runs the ad but I can't get out of it at all either clicking the back button on my tablet or the X on the ad.

I forgot to note that I'm using a Galaxy Tab S on tablet and a GS7 Edge on phone both running the most recent versions of Android released for the device.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have merged similar threads together and stickied it.

A lot of these issues will hopefully be resolved soon once our new client is released.
    There will be fixes for white screens etc.

For specific Ads that seem to not work as intended or have a weird behavior, we will continue to look into the reports you are providing.
  • Options
    They fixed it for a day, now back to glitchy. Keeps rewinding itself and finally errors out.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Reporting that I ran into an Army Reserve ad last night with very similar issues as the Grand Tour ad.
  • Options
    kapukapu ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Well I just got an ad for the first time since 27th of Jan. So something has been fixed! yay! :)
    (and it worked as it should)

edit and another one. It is indeed fixed for me.
    Captain Lvl 99; Vip0; 552 Unique Immortals; Fleet: Omega Molecules; Base Lvl 134 (MAX); Playing Since March 2016.
  • Options
    Almost a AngelAlmost a Angel ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    This Ad hanging up....I have Ad block on Google.sfcay6b1br8k.png
    Correction...I do not have Ad block onj1s1335whya3.png
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also reporting issues with the Grand Tour ad not closing. Sad because it's probably the only ad ever in the game for something I'm interested in.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also reporting issues with the Grand Tour ad not closing. Sad because it's probably the only ad ever in the game for something I'm interested in.

Yes, with this ad (Amazon Prime show), I have also had to restart the game every time after it ended. Could not exit the ad even with the device's back button.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    There is a ad that is lasting over three minutes to get an ad sponsored warp. It’s ridicoulous. I’ve tried doing several times now and have not gotten to the end. I will attached the ad screenshot....What is goingon?ugp2xz05ng1b.png

Admiral Timeless Warrior
    LINE ID: Timeless_Warrior
    Packer Backers Fleet
    SttPackerBackers.WordPress.com
  • Options
    The new Grand Tour ad is doing the same thing on my android tablet. Won't close, no reward and I have to restart the game :-(
  • Options
    Here to report the same issue with the The Grand Tour ad - it locks the game. However, I can circle out of the game (Android) and come back in, with the credit and without the game crashing entirely.
  • Options
    Circle out? Please explain, as I have the same problem and I've never heard the term.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Circle out? Please explain, as I have the same problem and I've never heard the term.

What I think they're talking about is hitting the button to return to the main screen on your device, then bringing up the recent apps (whatever that button is called), and going back in to STT. After Principia posted this the other day, I tried that method, and it actually saved me from having to restart the game, plus, I also got credit for the ad!

• Options
    Still no ad-wrap for me
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Grand Tour Ad should no longer show.
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »

Sorry, just got it again, as buggy as before.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry, just got it again, as buggy as before.

Yep, me too. And the above-mentioned method of "circling out" that worked for me once before did not work for me this time.

• Options
    I had it at about 7 pm PST, 10 PM in New Yourk.
  • Options
    NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
    On Android.

For me 90% of the ads would not give a reward. The last several days, I think the only ad that didn't work for me was the Grand Tour one (couldn't exit) and that was addressed above. Something seems to have changed, and it has been a vast improvement.
    "If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."
  • Options
    The Home Chef ads play no problem, but never give credit for watching them.
    “You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain”
    ― Musashi, Japan's Greatest Swordsman and Samurai
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    This ad never ends!d5y8k9swjczu.jpg
    A Twitch ad "Dr Lupo playing Fortnight".
    Close it and try again, get the same friggin ad.
  • Options
    Most of the ads in Star Trek Timelines have some sort of timer/progress bar to let you know when you can claim the benefits of watching the ad by pressing the x button.

However, ads from twitch/fyber do not have this sort of timer/progress bar. Indeed, the ads seem to be live feeds of current twitch channels. This is no way for me to know how long I have to watch these live feeds to claim the benefits of watching the ad.

Is it possible to get in contact with this particular advertiser to get them to put in some sort of timer/progress bar in their ads like virtually all other advertisers do? Thanks.
    Task Force Pike: We are recruiting!

Task Force Pike/Garrett's Giants, Founder

Task Force April, Fleet Founder Emeritus

Newfie Central, Squad Founder, In Memoriam
  • Options
    Sent ticket for ad problems. Reply came back ads are a beta(?) feature still in development so players are not to expect them to work when they don't. Simply *hugs* out of luck...

With the playing field so unbalanced as it is, this just makes it worse.

~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it ever stops. I let it sit for five minutes one time and it still told me I'd forfeit the reward if I left the ad.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Capt Ajamm wrote: »
    Sent ticket for ad problems. Reply came back ads are a beta(?) feature still in development so players are not to expect them to work when they don't. Simply *hugs* out of luck...

With the playing field so unbalanced as it is, this just makes it worse.

This is odd, please provide me with the ticket number so I may let the team lead look into it, thanks!
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the screenshots, everyone - they are really helfpul.

Grand Tour Ad : we are looking into why it still shows.
    Twitch ads: investigating.
  • Options
    I got an ad earlier about Trump rolling back protections for animals, and the ad had several graphic pictures of dead and mutilated elephants in it.

I'm all for protecting elephants, but that ad is wildly inappropriate.

I'll try and screen cap the name of it next time if you need the name of the ad.
  • Options
    NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018

I am still getting them. Got one right before this post and still couldn't close.

[edit]
    Hadn't seen the second post stating looking into it.
    "If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."
  • Options
    I wish to ad my annoyance with that damn Grand Tour ad. I have to exit the freaking game sans chronitons after watching the commercial. Please get rid of it!
This discussion has been closed.