Home Engineering Room
Options

Ad-warps Issues (for mobile only - ads are not available on Facebook, Steam, Amazon)

Comments

• Options
    I was just about to add a post about this and so I’m glad that someone else has. Every advert today has been this one. I keep cancelling the video and only one has this produced another advert.

Surely it’s a bug. If not, there needs to be a better reward given for 3 minutes.
  • Options
    EddNogEddNog ✭✭
    Strange...I've never ever seen the above ad. Every single Ad Warp I initiate is either the Intel fashion show photographer one or either one of two Grant-Thornton ads (the golf jargon one or the purple office drum line one). There are occasional ones for other games, like Final Fantasy Brave Exvius or whatever it's called.

-Ed
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the last few days I’m being presented with a single advert that is 3:10 long most of the time I try to ad-warp.

That for me is too much, so I cancel it and try to find another. Quite often though, I get presented with the same ad again each time, and more often than not I’m just giving up.

I’m sure DB would prefer to continue earning the ad revenue and rather players didn’t cancel them?

I might be willing to watch the advert if it gave 5 or 6 warps, rather than just 1 (from a normal-ish 30 second advert).

I’ve attached screenshots that show the timer (top left corner) and nature of the ads.

h3rd7n025egr.png
    2o4bw4tmcoqs.png

Please keep anything ads related in this main thread, thank you!
    I have let the team know.
  • Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ones that don't play for me seem to be by an ad provider named fyber?

1gy1pe1knqnv.png
  • Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    For the last few days I’m being presented with a single advert that is 3:10 long most of the time I try to ad-warp.

That for me is too much, so I cancel it and try to find another. Quite often though, I get presented with the same ad again each time, and more often than not I’m just giving up.

I’m sure DB would prefer to continue earning the ad revenue and rather players didn’t cancel them?

I might be willing to watch the advert if it gave 5 or 6 warps, rather than just 1 (from a normal-ish 30 second advert).

I’ve attached screenshots that show the timer (top left corner) and nature of the ads.

h3rd7n025egr.png
    2o4bw4tmcoqs.png

Please keep anything ads related in this main thread, thank you!
    I have let the team know.

Will do and thank you.

I can’t think of any other media platform in the UK (TV, cinema, sporting event etc) where I’m expected to watch a single advert of this duration. That’s why I sort of consider this a bug or abuse of the ad platform.
  • Options
    The ones that don't play for me seem to be by an ad provider named fyber?

1gy1pe1knqnv.png

I used to get errors like that a year or so ago on my old mobile phone network, I’m pretty sure that was down to poor data coverage and adverts getting corrupted while downloading. Sometimes I had to reboot my whole phone (ie erasing all temp caches) to fix it.

• Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I try to adwarp this evening the screen transfers to another app (sometimes discord, sometimes chrome)
    When I click back into game it presents as a black screen and then has to start reloading. I'm not able to adware again until the half hour rest time has passed and then the cycle starts all over again.
    I'm using Android.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    5jzt6fj29y2s.png

I think its jumping back to the previous app used before STT, which is why sometimes it's discord and sometimes chrome.

*EDIT* adwarps are working normally for me again B)
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    5jzt6fj29y2s.png

I think its jumping back to the previous app used before STT, which is why sometimes it's discord and sometimes chrome.

That was .. unusual. I am glad it was temporary!
  • Options
    @@ ✭✭
    5jzt6fj29y2s.png

That was .. unusual. I am glad it was temporary!

That happened to me a few times after I had had the app open for days. I think it was closed by Android for some fatal glitch. It wasn't always during ads, sometimes I just clicked something in game.

More recently, I'm having a problem with the game crashing (This app has stopped. Close it? Wait? Report?) when I click a chroniton boost and, I suppose, it's trying to decide whether to show the video for 10 chronitons button. I used to have this problem on my old phone, but not on the new one until this mega event.
  • Options
    Never complained about ads before but since the problems i experience persist for almost 2 years now its getting rediculous. ALL adwarps since late 2016 with the blue loading bar going from bottom left to bottom right fail. Every single one of those over 18 months failed, every single one so clearly one of your advertisers has absolutely no interest in rectifying their unacceptable behaviour. The ads with countdown timers in the top right corner almost always work lets say 95 out 100 times. The new ads with Brutal Age always fail the first time and succeed the second, so lots of ad income for DB and alot of wasted time and aggrevation for the players. Again this persists for almost two years completely unacceptable....
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Never complained about ads before but since the problems i experience persist for almost 2 years now its getting rediculous. ALL adwarps since late 2016 with the blue loading bar going from bottom left to bottom right fail. Every single one of those over 18 months failed, every single one so clearly one of your advertisers has absolutely no interest in rectifying their unacceptable behaviour. The ads with countdown timers in the top right corner almost always work lets say 95 out 100 times. The new ads with Brutal Age always fail the first time and succeed the second, so lots of ad income for DB and alot of wasted time and aggrevation for the players. Again this persists for almost two years completely unacceptable....

That almost sounds like a caching issue on your device to be honest, maybe it doesn’t have sufficient storage space or RAM?
    Could be the ones with the timer in right corner are using stronger compression (smaller files) or a different video codec that works better on your platform.

What phone or device and OS are you using?
  • Options
    So for over 2 weeks now ads won't show up on my phone , if i run STT through Bluestacks then the ads just crash and reset the game.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    So for over 2 weeks now ads won't show up on my phone , if i run STT through Bluestacks then the ads just crash and reset the game.

Merged your thread with the existing one.
    We do not support the use of an emulator so I can't help you there.
    As for not seeing ads for the last 2 weeks, unfortunately it means that there is no Ads to show for your specific region.
  • Options
    @@ ✭✭

I think most of the blue play bar ones, (showing the progress of the ad's playing,) I get are among the ads with the small blue circle to start, though I have noticed that I have started receiving credit for those, sometimes, either after the ad, or after the second time, I try again, and get the credit without an ad. Most of those countdown ads work for me. The Brutal Age ones seem to work, now, though I may have had trouble before, without realizing.

I have 2 GB RAM, 5 GB free space, Android 7, LG device, and I usually play over Bluetooth, so the battery lasts longer, though I try over WiFi, sometimes, which is faster, without noticing a difference in ad warps. Also use 4G LTE data, though it doesn't always have a good connection with Sprint.
  • Options

Use a VPN, connect to another country/continent, restart the game. Get new ads in a foreign language (pretty cool by itself). You only need to do it once, seems to reset your ads in home home country afterwards (at least it did for me)
  • Options
    Its definately not a memory issue 4gb with over 1800mb free during usage of the STT app and over 15 Gb free storage
  • Options
    Btw with failing Ads i was meaning Ads you watch and get nothing (ad watching works fine getting reward is what doesnt work) then watch again nothing again and again and again until an ad without blue loading bar shows up. My record was watching over 2 dozen of those ads whilst getting nothing. Nowadays i usually dont get more then 2 blue loading bars in a row. But still its annoying and generating tons of revenue for DB and only annoyance for the playerbase. Using Lenovo P2 best phone evah nothing beats a 5300mAh battery that fills up to 80% in less then 40 minutes lol
  • Options
    I’m watching my adds, and about 50% of these adds get stuck on a white screen after watching. It’s not a specific add. But it’s really annoying to have to restart the game every time. Costs me my extra chronitons too.
    I use an iphone 6 plus with latest iOS and latest game updates
    Any ideas?
  • Options
    [SFW] Quick Claude[SFW] Quick Claude ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Blank white screen issue seems to be back for me after almost every ad completes. seemed to have gone away for a while. I have to force-re-start the game when this happens. It never gets to the end screen where you hit the X to close the ad and compete the mission. Sometimes the ad warp option is back after re-start, sometimes it isn't. This will happens regardless if the ad is being run while engaging missions, after chronitons in daily missions, or after a scan. The only time this usually doesn't happen is when the game has just been freshly launched. iPhone 6, iOS 11.4
  • Options
    SteigsSteigs ✭✭
    Adwarp hasn't showed up for me on my phone since last Wednesday. No adblock, Galaxy S4. My tablet at home still has them, but not the phone for some reason
  • Options
    Adwarp went missing since two days on my phone too. No adblock, Galaxy S6, rebooted many times both game and device.
    It happened many times even during the last event :(
    They usually reappear itself after 2 or 3 days, then disappear again...
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sybok MKII wrote: »
    Adwarp went missing since two days on my phone too. No adblock, Galaxy S6, rebooted many times both game and device.
    It happened many times even during the last event :(
    They usually reappear itself after 2 or 3 days, then disappear again...

Depending on where you are located, it likely means that the ad networks do not have ads to show for your location.
  • Options
    Thank you Shan, that was my guess too, and the reason why I didn't open a ticket (again).
    I play from Italy, and I don't want to bother if the cause of this behavior are Italian AD providers.
    But I'm just unsure about the producer's official policy regarding ads issues: the game description on Play Store mentions advertising to be responsibility of the game's producer, and at first when I opened a ticket about it the CS tried to compensate with chron.
    So in the end, is this an issue that justify for compensation, or not?

Regards :smile:
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sybok MKII wrote: »
    Thank you Shan, that was my guess too, and the reason why I didn't open a ticket (again).
    I play from Italy, and I don't want to bother if the cause of this behavior are Italian AD providers.
    But I'm just unsure about the producer's official policy regarding ads issues: the game description on Play Store mentions advertising to be responsibility of the game's producer, and at first when I opened a ticket about it the CS tried to compensate with chron.
    So in the end, is this an issue that justify for compensation, or not?

Regards :smile:

No, this does not justify a compensation.
    Ads may or may not be provided depending on your location and/or platform used.

That being said, I hope there will be ads for your region soon :)
  • Options
    SteigsSteigs ✭✭
    Adwarp hasn't showed up for me on my phone since last Wednesday. No adblock, Galaxy S4. My tablet at home still has them, but not the phone for some reason

Interestingly, it came back a few hours after I posted this, but then stopped working again theee days later. Works fine on my tablet which is odd.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

Interestingly, it came back a few hours after I posted this, but then stopped working again theee days later. Works fine on my tablet which is odd.

Android for both the phone and tablet?
  • Options
    SteigsSteigs ✭✭
    edited July 2018

Android for both the phone and tablet?

Yes. Galaxy S4 phone and Galaxy Tab A tablet.

Interesting. I actually logged out of the app on my tablet this morning before logging in on the phone and I got the ad warp option. Normally I just log into one without logging out of the other.

I'll continue playing around with login logout routines for a couple days and report back. I can't imagine I'm the only one dealing with this. Granted it's more annoying than anything else, far from a major issue, but still..
  • Options
    <TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    szm7di4blf0b.png

Whatever this ad is here needs to friggin go. I don't know who DB needs to talk to to make it happen, but do it. The screen you see in the screenshot is all that ever happens. I could leave my iPad sit for 15 minutes and it's still there exactly the same as in the screenshot. There is no way to abort the ad and try again except to force close the app and try again hoping you get something different. The blue arrow in the top left? Yea, that's a lie. It does nothing.
  • Options
    It may be useful or not, but I think I've found a clue (in my phone) about why the ADs video button sometime disappears and returns available itself after some days.
    It's the wifi connection.
    If I link the phone with a WiFi network the AD button it's where it should be.
    If I switch the connection to the 3g/4g thelephone network the AD button is still there, but disappear after some hours.
    If I relink the phone with whatsoever WiFi network the AD reappears.

Must be some sort of data usage protection (that padoxically I don't even need)...
This discussion has been closed.