Home Engineering Room
Options

Ad-warps Issues (for mobile only - ads are not available on Facebook, Steam, Amazon)

Comments

• Options
    Got the buggy Grand Tour ad. Closed app and restarted. Redid the adwarp and this time I got a Nature's Bounty skin and nails vitamin ad, which I was also unable to close after it finished. I give up.
  • Options
    Got it again Wednseday evening.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    We will contact the provider yet again, sorry about that everyone.
  • Options
    arjunaarjuna ✭✭✭
    I wish to ad my annoyance with that damn Grand Tour ad. I have to exit the freaking game sans chronitons after watching the commercial. Please get rid of it!

Agree, it's funny because that is one of the few ads I actually enjoy.
  • Options
    Three Grand Tours in a row! BAH!
    My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
    2. Have fun. If something isn't fun, don't do it.
    3. Only pursue characters I care about.
    4. Contribute to the fleet.
    5. No more spending beyond monthly cards.
    6. Have fun.
    7. Voyage.
    8. Have fun!
  • Options
    MbannarMbannar ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    cji5c9nhyimm.png

ITS BACK!!!!! lol
    Locked up screen, if hit the x trys to take me to a differnt web page now, final had to bite the bullet and close app, ad warp went bye bye
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's beyond persistent ... letting the team know, again.
  • Options
    Capt AjammCapt Ajamm ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Shan wrote: »
    Capt Ajamm wrote: »
    Sent ticket for ad problems. Reply came back ads are a beta(?) feature still in development so players are not to expect them to work when they don't. Simply *hugs* out of luck...

With the playing field so unbalanced as it is, this just makes it worse.

This is odd, please provide me with the ticket number so I may let the team lead look into it, thanks!

Ok will find & edit to this post the ticket #.
    I am having to shuffle devices in order to get different features to work around game updates that cause different issues each time. I am not rich so many times every device is not owned by me & therefore i don't have my gmail app/acct set up on every device. I especially can't buy a new device with every game update when a few months later the next game update changes which device is now best to use. Hope that makes sense...

EDIT: ticket #329421
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    Mbannar wrote: »
    cji5c9nhyimm.png

ITS BACK!!!!! lol
    Locked up screen, if hit the x trys to take me to a differnt web page now, final had to bite the bullet and close app, ad warp went bye bye

At least on my Android, I've found that if I get this ad, hit the home screen button to minimize the game, then go back in, that seems to move the ad forward back to the rewards. Don't know if that has been mentioned before or not.
  • Options
    Since yesterday I have an issue, the game restarts on every ad-warp attempt..
    HTC One M8, Android 6.0

Also, on my Acer B1-810 tablet (Android 4.4.4) I have no ad warps at all, for weeks now.
  • Options
    Forwarding the the Ads peeps!

They fixed it for the first day, then the vid reverted to the old problem. I started recording this about 40 seconds in, and it is about 1:30 (so total time about 2mins 10secs), and you can see it still has more vid left when it errors out! Please get rid of this one!

1extreme.com/BADVID.mp4
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Video display issue:

u6dzhc5u7t1b.png

The end screen was properly centered but the exit button popped up with a “are you sure you want to forfeit your award?” button no matter how long I waited; clicking on the ad led me to a screen I couldn’t escape from without restarting the app.

I was allowed to do another ad-warp after restart for some other mobile game, which worked as intended.

If it helps: iPhone 8, iOS 11.2.5.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Video display issue:

u6dzhc5u7t1b.png

The end screen was properly centered but the exit button popped up with a “are you sure you want to forfeit your award?” button no matter how long I waited; clicking on the ad led me to a screen I couldn’t escape from without restarting the app.

I was allowed to do another ad-warp after restart for some other mobile game, which worked as intended.

Is this on 4.0?
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Video display issue:

u6dzhc5u7t1b.png

Is this on 4.0?

Yes, forgot to mention that.
  • Options
    AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    Video display issue:

u6dzhc5u7t1b.png

Is this on 4.0?

Yes, forgot to mention that.

I've gotten one or two of these. I found that you can slide the video over to the left by swiping gently. That should bring up the X.
  • Options
    I've had an issue with a BMW ad not providing any rewards. I can re-run an ad until i get one that's not BMW and get credit for the ad warp though.
  • Options
    There is still adds? I didnt see any for months, i thought adds are history. Play on 2 android + Steam.
  • Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Puknuti wrote: »
    There is still adds? I didnt see any for months, i thought adds are history. Play on 2 android + Steam.

Steam doesn’t do adwarps, and your android settings might be blocking the ads. Not sure what settings, exactly, as I am not an android user.
  • Options
    PuknutiPuknuti ✭✭✭
    Yesterday 6 adds, day before 2, today nothing, so it's nothing wrong with my settings. After long time i get some adds but now nothing again.
  • Options
    Started getting adwarps and scans again in the last few days (after a few weeks without them) but the really weird thing is I don't see any adverts when I click them and yet I still get the boost. Surely this is not intended since I'd imagine it means that you guys aren't getting paid for these non-views of adverts???
  • Options
    PuknutiPuknuti ✭✭✭
    Just enjoy, i have another week without any add. No free boost for me.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    For Android users who were not seeing Ads for long periods of time, please upgrade to 4.0.1 once it is available to you. It should take care of the issue, thank you!
  • Options
    Continually getting the same add which does not time out, and if you cancel or otherwise back out of it, replays same ad whenever you try again. Restarting app does not help - several hours wait sometimes does.
  • Options
    Ive complained about this before, and still getting it (fortunately only occasionally)
  • Options
    I'm getting a cross install ad that keeps crashing the game and forcing a restart. I got it twice in a row but unfortunately didn't write down the game name (was NOT final fantasy though, that one works fine).
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    For ads creating issues we need subject of the ad, ad provider and if possible a screenshot. Thanks!
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ice Breakers Ad doing the glitchy rewind thing as previous ads. Takes 1-1/2 minutes or more to play, then errors out.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I have an issue with two annoying McDonald’s ads on my iPhone 5s (iOS 11.2.6) overriding the Ringer/Sound off switch & producing volume. Here are the screenshots:

uzzmzne4u8vp.png

d81som9xrldc.png
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have an issue with two annoying McDonald’s ads on my iPhone 5s (iOS 11.2.6) overriding the Ringer/Sound off switch & producing volume. Here are the screenshots:

uzzmzne4u8vp.png

d81som9xrldc.png

My iPhone won’t load that ad 80% of the time.
  • Options
    I seem to have stopped getting adwarps again today.
This discussion has been closed.